Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Jul 7, 2016 6:41 AM

Jul 2016
Tony_SansNom said:
Omni_slash95 said:

Yeah its pretty lackluster & overrated. Agree that all the characters suck

How is that even "lackluster & overrated" lmao? Explain?

I don't find any of the characters interesting and the story sucks. Subaru is an annoying as fuck MC. Especially his comedic and self aware moments (which are really forced) and obsession with Emilia. Also pretty typical in the sense that he wants to save everyone even though he just interacted with them for a few days.

He has zero backstory so far and doesn't seem to care why he is here etc. (which is really unrealistic)

The female characters are boring waifu bait who try too hard to be "cute", especially Emilia (bland as fuck). The setting is rather generic fantasy and the character designs are awful.

Soundtrack is good, especially the ending. First eps were solid but then it went downhill fast in the mansion arc. The time reset concept is intriguing but apart from that this series hasn't much going for it.

Apparently Subaru is going to suffer more but really I couldn't care less. Could be cheap too if the writer goes too far.
AssumingControlJul 7, 2016 6:47 AM
Jul 7, 2016 7:03 AM

Aug 2015
Omni_slash95 said:
I don't find any of the characters interesting

Why?

and the story sucks.

You have been introduced to like 5% of it.

Subaru is an annoying as fuck MC.

Why?

and obsession with Emilia.

There is obviously more to it than meets the eye.

Also pretty typical in the sense that he wants to save everyone even though he just interacted with them for a few days.

He just intereacted with them for a few days repeatedly + a month. That is more than enough to me to want to save them besides his good nature.

He has zero backstory so far

He has backstory in the future and the far future. You are not fed with his backstory at the beginning of the story, it would be unnatural.

and doesn't seem to care why he is here etc. (which is really unrealistic)

How would he be able to find out why and how? Also, why should he care?

the character designs are awful.

It isn't the case.

The time reset concept is intriguing but apart from that this series hasn't much going for it.

It's touching a few interesting things, like humanity, selfishness/selflessness, it's pretty dark, it breaks clichés (summoned hero is overpowered, he gets all the girls, he is a special snowflake, he is always morally right, etc etc).

Of course it needs people to see/realise/understand these things.
SirLezardJul 7, 2016 7:10 AM
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Jul 7, 2016 7:17 AM

Jul 2016
Tony_SansNom said:
Omni_slash95 said:
I don't find any of the characters interesting

Why?

and the story sucks.

You have been introduced to like 5% of it.

Subaru is an annoying as fuck MC.

Why?

and obsession with Emilia.

There is obviously more to it than meets the eye.

Also pretty typical in the sense that he wants to save everyone even though he just interacted with them for a few days.

He just intereacted with them for a few days repeatedly + a month. That is more than enough to me to want to save them besides his good nature.

He has zero backstory so far

He has backstory in the future and the far future. You are not fed with his backstory at the beginning of the story, it would be unnatural.

and doesn't seem to care why he is here etc. (which is really unrealistic)

How would he be able to find out why and how?

the character designs are awful.

It isn't the case.

The time reset concept is intriguing but apart from that this series hasn't much going for it.

It's touching a few interesting things, like humanity, selfishness/selflessness, it's pretty dark, it breaks clichés (summoned hero is overpowered, he gets all the girls, he is a special snowflake, he is always morally right, etc etc).

Of course it needs people to see/realise/understand these things.

Well maybe it gets better but so far it hasn't really gripped me. No need to tell us his full backstory immediately of course but it makes no sense that he never even thinks about his past life.

Its like he is a blank slate with no relationships or any life to speak of before this. He wouldn't find out why he is here but he clearly doesn't even care about that. For a character who is supposed to be realistic thats rather jarring.

Instead he just has a creepy hard on for Emilia since the first Ep.

His relationships with the characters don't feel very meaningful or developed to me. When he basically killed himself to save Rem I just cringed.

I just explained why I dont find them interesting. Subaru is annoying (comedic moments, Emilia obsession, unrealistic) and Emilia is just a bland nice waifu. Rem is a bit better at least.

Being edgy and dark alone isn't nearly enough. Akame ga kill was that too but still sucked. Its definitely better than something like SAO and breaks some typical tropes. Subaru's whiteknighting is pretty generic though

This is all just my opinion of course. And you shouldn't think that yours is somehow a fact. The character designs suck, no "its not the case because I say so" pls.
AssumingControlJul 7, 2016 7:21 AM
Jul 7, 2016 9:59 AM

Apr 2015
Regarding the backstory, I do wish they foreshadowed it a bit more obviously in the beginning.
Jul 8, 2016 7:57 AM

Aug 2012
Omni_slash95 said:
Subaru's whiteknighting is pretty generic though

This is all just my opinion of course. And you shouldn't think that yours is somehow a fact. The character designs suck, no "its not the case because I say so" pls.

Funny 'cause if he wasn't acting like a white knight, everyone would have thought the same as they think of him after ep 12 and 13. What about a story of a main character that just doesn't care that people around him die? Sure it would be interesting at the beginning, but admit that it wouldn't be viable. The main has to be the one who saves the day.

For the character design, that's so subjective that it doesn't need to be debated. In a technical approach, no, we can't say that it sucks.
Jul 8, 2016 2:24 PM
Jan 2010
The main problem I have with him is the he acts towards Emilia. His behavior towards her is basically that of a stalker. The creepy obsessive behavior does not make him unique, it just makes him seem like clingy ex-boyfriend. So she was nice to him after he first arrived in that world? That in no way justifies the level of obsessiveness he has towards her.

If it turns out there's an explanation for his behavior, that could actually lead to some interesting character development. Provided he acknowledges the unnaturalness of it and grows as a person because of it.

Oh, and to those calling him a 'realistic' character; please consult a dictionary. The dictionary defines realistic as: 'interested in, concerned with, or based on what is real or practical'. This truly does not describe him.

That's not to say being unrealistic is a bad thing, this is fiction after all, he can just not be described as such. To so strongly defend his character on such a point is ill-advised. Especially when he indeed has strong points that could be emphasized instead.
Jul 8, 2016 3:11 PM
Jul 2018
-Tyrael- said:
The main problem I have with him is the he acts towards Emilia. His behavior towards her is basically that of a stalker. The creepy obsessive behavior does not make him unique, it just makes him seem like clingy ex-boyfriend. So she was nice to him after he first arrived in that world? That in no way justifies the level of obsessiveness he has towards her.

If it turns out there's an explanation for his behavior, that could actually lead to some interesting character development. Provided he acknowledges the unnaturalness of it and grows as a person because of it.

Oh, and to those calling him a 'realistic' character; please consult a dictionary. The dictionary defines realistic as: 'interested in, concerned with, or based on what is real or practical'. This truly does not describe him.

That's not to say being unrealistic is a bad thing, this is fiction after all, he can just not be described as such. To so strongly defend his character on such a point is ill-advised. Especially when he indeed has strong points that could be emphasized instead.

This is getting tiresome...

So he considered himself worthless and a failure at life in the real world. Or not. It might be that even though he was, he never accepted it.

In the fantasy world, he saw the opportunity to prove himself and others that he's not worthless and a failure. By being dependable and such. Some girl appeared (first in years), and acknowledged his supposed 'worth'. By treating him with respect and kindness. She then became the living proof of his value. And she was very impressive. Which made her judgement of him much more meaningful. She was much more than a real world's female, that [in my theory] could've treated him badly. She then became very significant to him. It then became natural for someone in his situation, to not want to give up on her. And to want to succeed in this new life. When he had time to look back at all that happened, he considered it better to stay with her. As he thought he was in a stable position (this was just before the issue in the mansion).

... You don't understand enough of him to say that 'realistic' doesn't describes him. Because reasons exist. They're real. And he acts in ways, that he believes are practical. What'd be impractical to him, would be to give up on everything, after already having invested so much on. And it's thanks to his gift, really. It'd be impossible without.
Aug 3, 2016 8:26 AM
Aug 2016
The nonstop screaming at just about everyone since around episode 14 just became more and more annoying every episode to the point where I went from loving this anime and the main character to hating it and him.

Blaming his radical change in personality from lovable jester to pathetic control freak of a wife abuser on his being human or going through hell is just ridiculous. Watch steins gate for an example of how to really relflect the feeling of helplessness and despair. This guy is just a chump.
Aug 3, 2016 12:03 PM

Aug 2015
anogaijin said:
The nonstop screaming at just about everyone since around episode 14 just became more and more annoying every episode to the point where I went from loving this anime and the main character to hating it and him.

Blaming his radical change in personality from lovable jester to pathetic control freak of a wife abuser on his being human or going through hell is just ridiculous. Watch steins gate for an example of how to really relflect the feeling of helplessness and despair. This guy is just a chump.

In Steins;Gate, Okabe Rintarou has a confidant in the name of Makise Kurisu. Subaru has no one to talk to and he's experiencing things much more violently than in S;G. No, He isn't a chump.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Aug 3, 2016 12:34 PM

Jul 2014
this is the logic question, can you stay sane after accepted many deaths and couldn't resolved everything after all? for me, i think how Subaru's acts in this anime is pretty natural and real, he faced desperation, failures many times, and of course deaths, so that's why he became so stubborn and act like he was the greatest, be arrogance or else, because we need to not forget he is STILL 18 years old and he was a NEET in real world, the anime captured perfectly how 18 years old boy reacted if those problems happen to someone like that age, if he is such a badass adult like guts, or master sword like zoro then we can talk about this seriously...
Sep 20, 2016 10:39 AM
Sep 2016
I'm a little late to the party since I usually wait for a series to finish before watching. I am currently in EP 16 and I need to vent.

I had such high hopes for this series since my friends have been relentlessly posting Rem pics on Facebook.

Anyway, it's been such a long time sine I've seen a main character who's face i just want to smash into a wall.

A lot of people are replying to this thread stating that his realism as a character somehow gives him value. Let me tell ya', if I wanted to deal with real annoying people, I'd go out and and read a newspaper.

My initial problem with Subaru is that he is not fun to watch. If I met this guy in real life, I'd probably avoid him. He makes me wish he fails. Even though he does it several times in the show, it's still unsatisfying because he comes back like a cockroach but even more annoying the next time around. His constant blabbering of the first thing that comes to mind is what makes him unrealistic. Who the fuck monologues out loud? Not to mention he's always talking down to other characters as if he's morally superior to them.

Another major problem with Subaru is that he does all of the wrong things and somehow doesn't use his knowledge of pop media tropes to his advantage which was implied in the earlier eps with his being able to find Beatrice's Door Crossing. In the later episodes, he simply doesn't acquire any new skills nor does he use his knowledge and skills from the world he came from to any use. If he's such a master gamer, he should know that people from resets wouldn't know about the previous timeline so why does he think that Emilia is still indebted to him?

Not to mention he could just reset and try better. I know dying isn't easy but he already showed that he had the resolve to jump off a cliff so watching him scramble along in the 3rd arc just loses the progress he already had.

There's also his obsession with Emilia. He thinks she's no good without him. Maybe that mindset would work if there was something severely wrong with her. I don't understand how this useless and powerless person could be so necessary to her existence. All his success has just been luck with other characters swooping in to save his ass. He has done NOTHING to make me think that he should be the one to rescue Emilia. I can't root for him at all.

God, I just hope I'm not wasting my time in watching this show because Subaru is insufferable.
Sep 22, 2016 9:13 PM

Oct 2008
MC is literally M'Lady x Memelord incarnate. His obnoxiousness might be justified if he was actually disliked by other characters in the show, but he isn't (the two maids may seem as though they dislike him, but they still tolerate him and *at the end of the day* they smile at each other in good spirits - episode 6 twist aside). They laugh off his cringey flattery and painfully bad jokes and pet names for every single fucking character.

I was planning to watch a bit more (only at ep 6) to see if he learns from his failures and stops being an insufferable fuck head, but judging from the post above me, that ain't gonna happen.

The MAL charts are in a very sad state. I just wish more people would avoid getting swept up in the hype of whatever is new and flashy, and instead watch some of the truly great, groundbreaking classics. I mean, this show just finished airing and it's already in the top 100 most watched shows in this website. What the fuck?
Sep 22, 2016 9:25 PM
Aug 2016
It's not that he is annoying, but I guess he's kinda slow on thinking. Generally, the guy needs a brain hahaha
Sep 22, 2016 11:38 PM

Feb 2014
Subaru is one of the most realistic characters I've seen in a fantasy anime. I honestly think a lot of people get too emotional when addressing Subaru and not realize what type of person he was and the situations that he's been in that pushed him in so many different directions.

I think a lot of people want yet another OP protagonist that has all the answers, but with Re:Zero you don't get that. You get someone that's broken and human, to the point that it's hard to watch because I think a lot of people can see themselves in Subaru. He had to go through hell and back because of his flaws, but eventually he had to face his problems head on and developed into a great guy because of it. He did not get his way initially, he had to face reality before he could achieve his goals. This is why Subaru is a refreshing character because he brings out a lot of emotions in people and makes you ponder about them, and because of the massive struggle he had to go through and how he overcame it. It's been a while since I've seen a MC go through such an amazing and brutal development.

Honestly, people getting upset over him is EXACTLY what the author wants.

As for the "Emilia obsession", let's not forget folks that she was the only person to actually recognize him as an equal in probably all of his life. Not only that she offered him kindness, treated him with respect, and saved his damn life. How could the guy NOT feel attraction to her after all that. And after being with her more and more, he learned more about her and realized that he actually loves her. What is so wrong with that? Ya he got desperate in the middle, but Emilia called him out on it and he realized that he was being completely selfish and stupid. Subaru's love and dedication to Emilia is justified by everything we've seen and he wants to support her so let him. Emilia gave Subaru a purpose, there's no wonder he's devoted to her, he's never been devoted to anything his entire NEET life; he's never had a purpose but this girl gave him one. And telling me that he can't fall in love that fast or that it doesn't make sense, then I think you don't realize how complicated love really is.

So ask yourself, how did you fall in love with a certain person before? Was it because you guys knew each other for a long period of time, spent an extraordinary amount of time together, and then after all that you had this unbelievable development and right there you realized, "well we've had enough character development so I think it's alright for me to fall in love with him/her now." Ya, I didn't fucking think so. This is what I'm seeing from people with how it's unrealistic for him to fall in love "so fast". And that's when I ask, take a look at your experience and you may actually sympathize with him a little. People don't realize that getting a crush on someone is quite easy and after spending a little bit of time with them that can turn into love quickly. Love is a complicated thing so I think trying to stamp it as "it needs to through A, B, C, and D before it can be justified as REAL love", I think is just naive.

So overall, I'd say his love and devotion for Emilia is justified.
LoomyTheBrewSep 22, 2016 11:52 PM
Sep 22, 2016 11:44 PM

Jul 2009
Nah you're all good OP, he's annoying as fuck and the main reason I'm having difficulty slogging through this show

simo000 said:
The MAL charts are in a very sad state. I just wish more people would avoid getting swept up in the hype of whatever is new and flashy, and instead watch some of the truly great, groundbreaking classics. I mean, this show just finished airing and it's already in the top 100 most watched shows in this website. What the fuck?

Mmm tough luck asking MAL for something like that xP
Sep 23, 2016 5:51 AM

Aug 2013
Long story short: His brain cells function when the author wants to progress the story.Otherwise,he is dumb AF.
The closer you get to the light,the greater your shadow becomes.
Sep 23, 2016 6:17 AM

Jul 2015
he is not just a disgusting idiot retard generic mc , he also rejected the best girl
so just fuck him
Sep 23, 2016 6:26 AM

Apr 2015
Quite often, yes, I found him annoying. Partially because I identified with him, partially because he was 'too' human.

However, it's in the same vein as Shinji Ikari. Annoying as sin, but well crafted. He seemed so human that it subconsciously convinced me it was a person. And I get very frustrated and annoyed at people.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Sep 23, 2016 6:33 AM

Jan 2016
nothing has been solved or expained in 24 episode
i find the mc funny ^^
Sep 23, 2016 6:36 AM

Nov 2013
Of course he's annoying and of course he isn't Kirito. I wonder, why some people can apparently only think in excesses.

If you look for a realistic depiction of normal people in a strange fantasy world, Grimgar does it way better.

Other characters get bashed for acting human, but he is somehow alright. The best example for a character acting human and believable is in my opinion still Rygart Arrow.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Sep 23, 2016 6:41 AM

Sep 2009
Yeah, literally everything the guy does is really obnoxious lol. I'm surprised he's lived as long as he has with a mouth that big (and annoying).
Does explain why he seems to live alone.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Jun 28, 2017 12:11 AM
Jun 2017
Yeah I dropped the anime because of that. I dont care if he was mad that way to make his character more realistic like a human. I cant stand people that are that stupid in real life and in anime.
Jun 28, 2017 9:15 AM

Mar 2010
newbyclive said:
Yeah I dropped the anime because of that. I dont care if he was mad that way to make his character more realistic like a human. I cant stand people that are that stupid in real life and in anime.

Acting emotionally under stress=/=stupid. Otherwise suit yourself. /shrug.
Jul 9, 2017 5:21 PM
Jul 2018
AForgottenSoul said:
that is the whole point of his character , he is a human he will make mistakes and mess up hes not some over powered perfect MC.

IMO he would have been much better if he WAS an over powered perfect MC.
Sep 12, 2017 8:56 PM

Sep 2017
Quetzaly said:
I liked him at the beginning but when the Mansion arc started he became so annoying that I wanted to drop the anime. I don't mind his flaws or him being weak... He is way to explosive, moody, stalk-y and inconsistent with his actions, he needs to chill.

All this on top of him being retarded. Its really nothing to like about him as the story progresses. I was hoping for some real character growth with Subaru.

It was a real test of will power making it to the end of this show with him as the MC
CleesusSep 12, 2017 9:12 PM
Sep 20, 2017 10:10 AM

Sep 2017
Character growth often happens a bit too easily in fiction, take a sheltered kid that's a bit of an idiot with an ego that doesn't match his achievements and drop him into a fantasy world, it's likely his first thought will be that he's the protagonist in some epic story. Which is often exactly what holds him back, he tries to use that first thought and his almost immediate infatuation with Emilia as a reason to keep pushing forward and to justify his actions and decisions to himself. But as he keeps getting put through hell and all sorts of traumatic experiences, he goes through a psychological mess of switching between fear, despair, and self loathing back to hope and belief. So whenever he gets that little bit of hope, or manages to lose the trauma for a while, he grabs hold of those initial ideas he had when first arriving in the world, and that unfortunately often leads to more mistakes

Ep's 14-18 of the anime are a very good example of how mixed up and messed up everything can get inside his own head, and exactly what happens when someone is able to get him to start believing in himself again. When he's too confident he's a fool, and when he's not confident enough he feels completely hopeless. It's a long journey to find the right balance
Sep 22, 2017 10:15 AM

Oct 2011
I thought he was fairly annoying (but tolerable) beforehand. However, him declaring himself a knight and pretty much humiliating Emilia in front of everyone is what really made me start to dislike him, especially with the way he reacted after she finally told him to cut his bullshit out.

I do like the show so far, but I'd probably enjoy it much more if Subaru wasn't the protag. I personally would rather have an emo depressed MC that eventually lightens up than an obnoxious clown that's completely oblivious to how much of a dumbass he is.

And don't give that "oh he's just human" excuse. If I was at some important ceremony that I wasn't even supposed to attend, common sense would tell me to keep my goddamn mouth shut and to not insult an entire army right in front of them.

I haven't finished the series yet, so maybe he'll redeem himself eventually.
ChaosLord121Sep 22, 2017 10:39 AM
Sep 28, 2017 11:27 AM
Oct 2013
Have u ever died? Have u ever been so ruthlessly killed? Over and over again?
I believe not. U probably don't consider the emotional pain Subaru must've had having dies so many times.

True, he was annoying in the royal selection art. He was fuckin arrogant and pathetic. But let's leave that there.

I believe he did quite a good job of redeeming himself with the White Whate and Witch Cult incident—of course, thanks to Rem for prep-talking him.

He isn't perfect; he's only human. And unlike many anime MC's who are oh-so perfect, Subaru is actually quite relatable. His character development is also going well...
Oct 1, 2017 6:30 AM

Apr 2017
Yeah, he is very annoying. One of the many reasons I decided to drop this mediocre series after 12 episodes. Couldn't stand watching the rest.
Nov 4, 2017 6:46 PM
Jan 2011
The main character is the usually anime simp that let females treat him like garbage.
Dec 14, 2018 1:51 PM
May 2017
MachRentaro said:
AForgottenSoul said:
that is the whole point of his character , he is a human he will make mistakes and mess up hes not some over powered perfect MC.

IMO he would have been much better if he WAS an over powered perfect MC.

there is an overpowered perfect MC in Re:Zero, he's called Reinhard Van Astrea, but the plot isn't following him
Dec 14, 2018 8:12 PM
Dec 2018
Well sometimes, but he's still the most realistic MC I've come across. Definitely one of my favourite's characters
Dec 15, 2018 8:02 AM
Jun 2014
Rayla said:
I don't hate him because he is the most realistic main character in this sort of fantasy setting anime.

He has flaws just like every other human.

I admire his determination and will power, and I grew to enjoy his character even more because we got to see him at his lowest.

Subaru is human.

He is not perfect.

That's fine.

He isn't Kirito, and I like that.

He isn't an over-powered badass that gets his way thanks to the help of deus-ex-machima.

He doesn't always get the girl.

He has flaws, just like we have flaws.

Subaru is human.

Subaru is Subaru.

Sounds like a cardbord cutout from every similar anime known to man.
Dec 15, 2018 8:35 AM

Oct 2017
Yes, he's annoying because he doesn't give up, like a piece of shit, no matter what happens to him. I don't expect you to understand shit, since you've never considered the pain while facing death.
Oct 9, 2019 8:52 PM
Oct 2019
Yea just not very smart. Im only on episode 18 though
Oct 15, 2019 2:04 PM
Dec 2016
The MC's great, idkwytb
Oct 16, 2019 11:53 PM
Oct 2019
Well that is what make him a human and a realistic character!Subaru personally is my favourite character and is the best character in the series IMO!
Oct 21, 2019 4:04 AM
May 2018
He's not annoying at all cuz he's like any otaku from real life
Sep 15, 2020 6:57 AM
Sep 2020
The protagonist is unbearable to watch
His personality is very weak, the story is good but subaru is not improving or learnig at all
Sep 15, 2020 6:59 AM

Jun 2020
Jeroboam said:
The protagonist is unbearable to watch
His personality is very weak, the story is good but subaru is not improving or learnig at all

No bro you're just a Subaru hater, Subaru's a saint bro I'm telling you bro
This anime shit is addictive
Sep 15, 2020 1:31 PM
Apr 2020
Except for Season 1 episode 15-16?( not sure, the castle episodes), I dont think he was annoying. Overall I think he is a pretty great protagonist. Only below Kazuma(Konosuba) and maybe Shiroe(Log Horizon) as far as Isekai protags go
Sep 17, 2020 3:27 PM
Oct 2019
Yes, he's annoying.
Oct 20, 2020 3:11 AM
Jun 2014
I think many are misunderstanding things. It's not him thats annoying, it's the way the writer twist his personality to tell his story. Subaru is at least 2 different people through the show. You can also can see how Subaru transforms from a goofy, likable and perverted guy into a serious, angry and absolutely batshit stupid/crazy person in a flash really. It doesn't even feel like it's the situation that makes him crazy or the things he's experienced, it feels exactly like the writer is desperate to bring this change to him, but can't really nail the transformation, and in the process Subaru becomes a plot device and not much of a proper character like he deserves to be.

Many shows fail in this regard. Just see how often protagonists are fun in the beginning, but somewhat non descript by midpoint. Happens more often than you think.
StormenOct 20, 2020 3:20 AM
Oct 22, 2020 9:48 AM

Oct 2020
Stormen said:
I think many are misunderstanding things. It's not him thats annoying, it's the way the writer twist his personality to tell his story. Subaru is at least 2 different people through the show. You can also can see how Subaru transforms from a goofy, likable and perverted guy into a serious, angry and absolutely batshit stupid/crazy person in a flash really. It doesn't even feel like it's the situation that makes him crazy or the things he's experienced, it feels exactly like the writer is desperate to bring this change to him, but can't really nail the transformation, and in the process Subaru becomes a plot device and not much of a proper character like he deserves to be.

Many shows fail in this regard. Just see how often protagonists are fun in the beginning, but somewhat non descript by midpoint. Happens more often than you think.

People have been pointing out that he's more of a plot device than a character since forever but fans ignore this and get very defensive.
LordTuchankaOct 22, 2020 6:49 PM
Oct 22, 2020 10:06 AM
Jul 2016
Yep he is utterly mentaly retarded. Its Ok to find him annoying. Not to mention that he is just a plot device with no character development.

My last straw for Subaru was in season 2 where he is talking with Beatrice.
She tells him some stuff that sounds important, yet he acts like she is talking about some random bullshit with no consequence on the situation. Not to mention that Rem is currently a vegetable, yet he dose not even dare ask her anything to help her, instead u know what he asks her? Why did she not come down to say "Hi" to Emilia..............................this piece of shit.........why is that a priority in any way shape or form?

Anyway its ok to think he is super stupid because he is.
Oct 22, 2020 10:21 AM

Aug 2019
Lol he is the reason I gave up the anime.
He is a complete moron. Even if you aren't OP from the start, nothing prevent you from training and become strong. Too lazy for him apparently.
Oct 22, 2020 3:12 PM

Apr 2011
Kayleon said:
Lol he is the reason I gave up the anime.
He is a complete moron. Even if you aren't OP from the start, nothing prevent you from training and become strong. Too lazy for him apparently.

In adddition he doesn\t even use his brain, he sane person would atleast do some planning after dying once or twice, but he is just plain retarded.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 1, 2016

631 by XionnaMing »»
Today, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2016

715 by XionnaMing »»
Yesterday, 1:39 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2016

2072 by Nanami0007 »»
Yesterday, 11:07 AM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2016

538 by XionnaMing »»
Yesterday, 10:41 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.