Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (28) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 26, 2016 9:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was tense, Felt taking on a much more responsible role this arc.

I wasn't also expecting Rom to show up at the palace. Reinhard is also such a gentleman lol. The candidates all still have a lot of potential.
I felt kinda bad for Subaru at how fast he got beat up and humiliated this episode D:

Jun 26, 2016 9:35 AM

Mar 2015
I'm honestly a bit disappointed... they rearranged a lot of scenes and it were the good ones too.

Like the priestess speeches were way too fast. Felt was probably the best due to Rom-ji. I honestly liked how Crusch, Anastasia and Priscilla says their speech and how people react to those. But people are only reacting on Emilia and Felt. How could they do that @_@ Anastasia speech about being greedy is way more awesome in the manga/LN. I liked her the most from the candidates honestly. (weird right? I know)

Then the role of Subaru and Puck being used by Roswaal to show Emilia's power. It was not shown at all... like what? You guys are making Roswaal even more suspicious than he needs to be.

At least Rom-ji entrance was good rather than being handcuffed. But it removed the badass scene of Reinhard cutting the handcuff with just his hand.

And still no Al scene.... orz. At this point I'll just believe they'll remove Al's roles all together just like they did in Akame ga Kill with Run.

I suppose the scene with Emilia and Subaru is great. So much screaming Emilia. Subaru go go go, defend yourself! Oh wait... I feel sorry for you. He was a little cringey even for me who knows what will happen.

So we hear the Emilia ED song as an insert song. As expected though. Probably next episode will have OP.

Jun 26, 2016 9:37 AM

Dec 2014
Welp, Subaru definitely deserved that. There is no doubt about that, although it looks really painful...

The new ED sounds good, I hope we get the visuals next episode; maybe a new OP next episode as well? :D

The fact that Emilia has her own ED...could this mean Rem could also have one?
Jun 26, 2016 9:40 AM

Mar 2015
Mezter said:
Welp, Subaru definitely deserved that. There is no doubt about that, although it looks really painful...

The new ED sounds good, I hope we get the visuals next episode; maybe a new OP next episode as well? :D

The fact that Emilia has her own ED...could this mean Rem could also have one?

Well Rem did have an insert song or maybe an ED song, depending on how they will use it:

②「Wishing」 歌:レム(CV:水瀬いのり)

Jun 26, 2016 9:44 AM

Jul 2013
Subaru deserved that, but at the same time I feel for the guy.
Absolutely and totally humiliated.
Quite a few scenes felt extremely cringey but I expected that coming into the episode.

Was a great scene b/n Emilia and Subaru at the end there however.
Jun 26, 2016 9:44 AM

Dec 2014
NicoNicoNii said:
Watching the RAW is hard, only knew bits and pieces of it. Seems like Subaru is doing it for his own sake with him using Emilia as an excuse?

Not sure what happened during the middle of that heated exchange.. It does felt like Subaru was being a jerk here when he snapped anyone else with me? Hopefully that'll change when I re-watch the sub later.

It's more like Subaru is doing it for Emilia but Emilia doesn't understand why he would be so dedicated to her, since the memories in the first loop of the first arc for Emilia is obviously gone. That's why Emilia doesn't trust the fact that what Subaru is doing is for her, and thinks that Subaru is somehow trying to take advantage of all these actions.
Jun 26, 2016 9:48 AM

Mar 2015
ColdBreeze said:

@DarklordVor
Well, I don't know either tbh. They made Roswaal really suspicious. I'm worried about Al's scene. They teased it in episode 12 though.

Yeah, there was really no point to make Roswaal even more suspicious in arc 3. What's even the point? I suppose it was because they removed Rem's scene where Roswaal told Rem to let Subaru go in the LN. Which is why Roswaal didn't have any use for Subaru in the anime.

If I were anime-only watcher, I'd say Roswaal agreed Subaru being there just to make him and Emilia broken up. Which is pretty bad... considering we know that by Roswaal provoking Subaru, he helped Emilia to be accepted as the candidate by using Puck.

With these two episode (eps 12 and 13) I honestly don't know how they will go again from now. They might as well remove Al's scene all together and make him irrelevant like characters in Akame ga Kill (ex. Mine, Honest, Honest's son, etc).

Though what I'm worried the most is the speech! Priscilla's speech was good because it talks about how she was married etc etc. It was her characterization... then nope. Also how people think about Crusch being absurd is important for her character. Argh I don't know. At this point, I will no longer be able to nitpick every time and just get what I get.

Jun 26, 2016 10:07 AM
Jul 2015
It was bad in first half. Especially the speech of candidates is too fast and Roswaal is over-suspicious. About Subaru's fight, I think the manga version is better.
Now I really worry about Al' scene and Roswaal.

Jun 26, 2016 10:09 AM

Dec 2014
Oh boy will this end like the AkamegaKill anime?
Jun 26, 2016 10:13 AM

Apr 2015
MonoReaper said:

Uhm nope?

God people stop throwing a tantrum because of 2 episodes :P
Jun 26, 2016 10:18 AM

Jan 2015
MonoReaper said:

Akame ga Kill went full original, while here, they are just rearranging and cutting out some stuff
Jun 26, 2016 10:22 AM

Mar 2015
Xenocrisi said:
MonoReaper said:

Akame ga Kill went full original, while here, they are just rearranging and cutting out some stuff

I think it should be noted that Akame ga Kill keep going by the manga until episode 19 before going full original. Though I don't suppose this will end up original, probably just some characters getting different characterization like Priscilla's or Roswaal's character.

Jun 26, 2016 10:25 AM

Sep 2015
Why so surprised at Subaru sudden outbreak? From the very start he is just an average character, and he is not clever in any way. He is able to make it so far all because of "trial and error" through continuous reset.

Well anyways, the candidates introduction and other scene are a little bit too fast compare to the LN/WN.
Jun 26, 2016 10:26 AM

Apr 2015
DarklordVor said:

I think it should be noted that Akame ga Kill keep going by the manga until episode 19 before going full original. Though I don't suppose this will end up original, probably just some characters getting different characterization like Priscilla's or Roswaal's character.

It's fine overall. The thing about Puck's scene is a bummer but his

Overall the characterization of the characters can be done at a later point as it's nothing major

It will be the same as arc 2 and some scenes are rearranged and appear 1-2 or more episodes later.

The important thing is that the mains points are brought across.

So let's not freak out over something we expected and which is beneficial for the overall adaptation of this season and instead be calm.
Jun 26, 2016 10:28 AM

Apr 2014
Fappa said:
DarklordVor said:

Overall the characterization of the characters can be done at a later point as it's nothing major

It will be the same as arc 2 and some scenes are rearranged and appear 1-2 or more episodes later.

So let's not freak out over something we expected and which is beneficial for the overall adaptation of this season and instead be calm.
You keep saying that things will be rearranged but so far nothing like that has happened.
Jun 26, 2016 10:34 AM

Apr 2015
Hongu said:
You keep saying that things will be rearranged but so far nothing like that has happened.

Yeah I'm well aware of that. A rearrangement doesn't have to happen in the span of one episode. Hell arc 2 took 2 or even 3 episodes when they rearranged a scene and it didn't hurt the show at all.

So until more episodes into the third arc we shouldn't talk about "cutting content" right off the bat. People are extremely jumpy if anything is missing even though we knew that with a 2 episode per volume adaptation, thins were bound to be rearranged.
Jun 26, 2016 10:39 AM

Apr 2014
Hongu said:
Fappa said:

Did the removed content affect your enjoyment?
Jun 26, 2016 10:40 AM

Nov 2007
That was one heck of a twist. Normally, one would have expected Emilia to be happy that Subaru stood for her and went on and declared himself as her representative knight but it just simply backfired. Why would she won't reason with the fact that Subaru's intentions are genuine and genuinely for her sake?

Felt's speech was astounding as well. Declaring her intentions against Nobel and Knights were pretty powerful. The girl's got some guts.

5/5. Remind me when was the last time I gave this anime a score lower than a 5 again?

I am digging this arc more and more. Ratings and acceptance in Japan mean that the anime can remain loyal to the original content and follow it through to leave the doors open for a sequel adaptation. This has been by far the best anime of this season (zero competition) and it will need some beating from all the upcoming anime in the remaining half of this year.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 26, 2016 10:51 AM

Mar 2010
Hongu said:
Fappa said:

Yes it has. For example the discussion and introduction about magic that Roswaal gave to Subaru back in arc 2 in the was merged into Puck's demonstration of Shamarc.

Another example from arc 2 was the scene about Rem wanting cut Subaru's hair which happened actually happened in the first loop in the LN and WN. In the anime it happens in the 2nd loop instead.
Iron_MawJun 26, 2016 11:03 AM
Jun 26, 2016 10:53 AM

May 2016
Wow that was such a powerful episode!! I just....

6/5 easily the best one since ep 7.
Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Jun 26, 2016 10:59 AM

Jul 2014
Ok this was.... wtf just happened here.... Subaru... dude... why? you didnt just embarace yourself but embaraced Emilia and you dare say you did it for her? you did it for yourself, you wanted to show off, dont be pushin this on her, to top that shit off you even told Emilia that everything that happened up until now was all thanks to you, , some part of me says yes but the other bigger part says you dont go and tell that to someone you did it for, dick move mate, dick move.
Jun 26, 2016 11:08 AM
Jun 2016
why the fuck this episode is so ugly.... the protagonist really is an unbelievable jerk shit... i thought he might've somekind of hidden power but it turns out that he has not..... hayzzzzz
Jun 26, 2016 11:08 AM

Jun 2015
Being Subaru is generally suffering, but he fucking deserved it this time.
Jun 26, 2016 11:11 AM

Jan 2011
Ah....Subaru so cringey....hurt to watch. He needs to realize his place in the world, otherwise his character won't grow. I imagine this was the wake-up episode, where he'll honestly start to improve his combat prowess as well.

Also, I hope that this takes place before the next checkpoint, to make Subaru realize that there are things that can't be rewinded by death.
Jun 26, 2016 11:11 AM

Jul 2014
Great episode again. And we finally learned what balance Emilia's half-elf lineage (from the reaction I assume it must be something really unique and special).

Subaru's actions ruined almost all the development he had with Emilia. I wonder how he could fix this now...
Jun 26, 2016 11:13 AM

Jun 2016
Felt its so awesome!
Jun 26, 2016 11:13 AM

Dec 2014
Umm... wow. That was a little overboard. Subaru you baka. I wonder how he's going to resolve all this.
I need sleep.
Jun 26, 2016 11:17 AM
May 2015
Where can I find the light novels / manga? I've been looking around but to no avail.
Jun 26, 2016 11:17 AM

Aug 2010
DAMN!! Subaru f***d up so badly it's not even funny. I cringed.

Priscilla's such a bitch lol I like her XD "Apologize for being born" ouch

Dat Roswaal smirk when Subaru started shouting. Gotta love this bastard too

I really wonder why Reinhardt chose Felt tho? Why is he so loyal to her already??
Jun 26, 2016 11:19 AM

Sep 2015
He went full insane, I felt bad for him '-'
I wonder what he will do after that
Jun 26, 2016 11:20 AM

Jan 2015
That's it Felt, you can finally say what you think out loud since you're officially become one of the candidate.
And that misunderstanding between Emilia and Subaru, I guess it will stay for a long period of time right? Maybe, 2-3 episodes?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 26, 2016 11:20 AM

Jan 2015
Subaru making an ignorant fool of himself this episode, was pretty cringeworthy imo.

Felt had some great moments, like her opening kick move-very classy. Also enjoyed Priscilla's few lines.

End of episode was good, can't wait to see how Subaru reacts to the mess he created. Sad to see that not being able to talk about past loops is still taking a heavy toll on his life.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jun 26, 2016 11:22 AM

Mar 2014
Wow... this episode was rather slow, but it was still good in it's own way. I always feel like Reinhardt has his own agenda though, so I can't fully like him. Subaru is really losing his edge though, and it seems like he's gonna kill himself to start over again after all that's happened since Emilia basically dismissed him. Right now, I can't exactly tell what direction it's gonna go, so I can't wait to see how they further develop this.
Jun 26, 2016 11:26 AM

Jun 2014
Damn, Subaru pretty much got disowned by Emilia in front of that selection committee, and then just when things started looking somewhat better toward the end, Emilia seems to have cut ties with him. He also looked like he was going crazy during their conversation, so it should be interesting to see how all of this affects him going forward.

And Subaru should have known better than to take on a full-fledged knight, he got humiliated. But I guess his pride was on the line, so it's understandable, but still idiotic......
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 26, 2016 11:27 AM
Jun 2014
I really hope Subaru stops being so blatantly selfish and possessive soon, these last two episodes have been incredibly cringeworthy with the constant deluded shouting and it has started to sour my feelings about the series.
Jun 26, 2016 11:28 AM
Apr 2014
Those Felt and Reinhard interactions are great
Knew that knight duel was coming
Subaru is claiming something he isn't, I mean what did he even expect by facing such a high ranked knight? That Emilia would pat him on the head again? "you got absolutely decimated but you did good, you can be my attendant now" I know he does it for luv and all but this dude has no brakes, he's probably also influenced by the constant deaths he's been having and that fucked his psyche completely.
Subaru is such a clueless retard but that's what makes this show so entertaining to watch, never change Subaru.
Drake1000Jun 26, 2016 11:42 AM
Jun 26, 2016 11:28 AM
Jul 2018
Subaru went too overboard for Emilia's sake!
Jun 26, 2016 11:31 AM
Sep 2015
Barion-Zara said:
DAMN!! Subaru f***d up so badly it's not even funny. I cringed.

Priscilla's such a bitch lol I like her XD "Apologize for being born" ouch

Dat Roswaal smirk when Subaru started shouting. Gotta love this bastard too

I really wonder why Reinhardt chose Felt tho? Why is he so loyal to her already??

he likes dem lolis
Jun 26, 2016 11:31 AM

Mar 2010
thebrentinator24 said:
And Subaru should have known better than to take on a full-fledged knight, he got humiliated. But I guess his pride was on the line, so it's understandable, but still idiotic......

Well the point of wasn't to win, but to show his resolve no less than theirs. And Julius probably wouldn't have let him decline anyway since he took all that effort to setup to start with. Afterall he's saved more lives and shed more blood doing so then most of guys in there.
Iron_MawJun 26, 2016 11:48 AM
Jun 26, 2016 11:33 AM

Jul 2014
Guess this just shows that last week was a one-off after all, now that we're back to the usual high quality that I've come to expect from this show. Subaru has really screwed up badly this time and, in a way, kinda deserves to suffer, at least in the fight with Julius. And with Emilia, the way he said that everything went right because of him, while technically right or at least not far off the mark, something that is so strongly swayed by his resets means that Emilia has no way of understanding whatsoever; she certainly made it clear that she doesn't understand him. Still, even with that taken into account, along with Subaru going way out of line at the royal selection meeting, I can't help but think that she was way too harsh with Subaru in assuming that he is just like everyone else with how he treats Emilia; surely she should know that this isn't the case with Subaru; as he himself said, she of all people should be able to understand that much, even if no one else does.
Jun 26, 2016 11:36 AM

May 2012
Damn I have to say this was the best episode to date.

The first half was really good. Glad Felt is still well Felt lol. She came in the scene and acted just how she did before. Also like the fact that the nobles saw that she was from the hood and attacked her with that. Made everything more believable. Also Felt speech was great. She was just like fuck it.

Subaru was not good at any moment in this episode. He just kept fucking up, which I must say I really enjoyed. You don't see to many anime where the main character have his way. This episode reminds me a lot of Code Geass. Where if you fucked up you have to pay for it and that's excatly what happened.

That ending tho. Who ever directed that, please buy that man a fucking drink! You can feel the emotion coming from the characters. Hell buy the voice actors a drink as well. They portrayed that argument fantastically. Shit I would have said that was a real argument that they recorded. It goes to show that you shouldn't talk to things when you angry. Might say something you don't really mean.

Great episode, but at the same time it left a bad taste.
AntearionJun 26, 2016 11:48 AM
Jun 26, 2016 11:40 AM

May 2016
As much as I like to sympathize with Subaru, since he can just suicide and redo his mistakes again its hard to feel invested into the drama going on here.
Jun 26, 2016 11:41 AM

Nov 2014
Subaru... Stop doing these impossible things that only make things worse for everyone around you! It was just heartbreaking to see how disappointed Emilia-tan and everyone else was. He constantly lets his emotions get the best of him and does these stupid things. Will he just kill himself to start over this time?
Hi there
Jun 26, 2016 11:42 AM

Apr 2016
Damn...It's not the same Subaru no ? He reacted like a monkey :s i'm so sad now...
Jun 26, 2016 11:42 AM

Dec 2014
That was an intense episode.

I like the speeches the priestesses gave, Especially Emilia's and Felt's. Both reflected their personalities quite well.

That smirk from Ros-chi, I got a little hyped for what I thought would be some super cool speech XD
However. Subaru, Man I don't know why he did that but damn he messed up real real bad. Showing off, Insulting and being humiliated and eventually arguing with Emilia, It was cool of him to declare himself as a knight and stuff but he did go too far. It was heart wrenching to watch him say all that to Emilia and at the point where he started claiming that Emilia owed him a debt, Honestly I was a little disgusted with his attitude. He did save them all but the way he said it and with that expression was really unpleasant. Though in his defense it would be nice if Emilia recognized he honestly did everything out of genuine concern(selfish or not) for her but then again she can't because of the redo's and sadly Subaru is incapable of talking about that. Talk about worst case scenarios.

Though this Subaru outburst has gotten me quite interested in his character background and backstory.
Lelouch0202Jun 26, 2016 11:55 AM
Jun 26, 2016 11:43 AM
Jun 2013
Subaru should just kill himself to respawn and redo after being so retarded the last 2 days in the capital and make a do-over.
Jun 26, 2016 11:43 AM

Sep 2010
Even though the episode and especially Subaru's actions until the end were incredibly cringy, this episode, in my eyes, was the best one of the series so far.

And that's because of the end, when Subaru went insane, and FINALLY let some of his selfish thoughts out. Finally. It took forever! I can only speak for myself here, but I thought this was the most "human" reaction I have ever seen in an anime. Subaru works his ass off all the time, even dies, all for the sake of someone who never will understand his pain, that person, even though she is not to blame for this, wants to cut ties with him and doesn't get what he went through. He even went so far as to make up the excuse of doing it for her, just so he can lie to himself to keep going and not go insane after all his horrible experiences.

When he snapped, now that was perfect. It was a perfectly human reaction. Do you (= whoever reads this xD) not sometimes, at least partly, think that people should be grateful for what you do for them, after you constantly help them out? Shouting that out, and telling Emilia that she should be god-damn grateful, was the most natural reaction anyone in his situation could have ever had. He is just a normal guy after all, not a generic-af hero who shrugs off everything and doesn't get any mental problems, or just slight mental problems.

But still, watching it hurt like hell, as he essentially destroyed everything he built up xD Life, y u gotta be so diffcult?

--> 10/10. I love it. This might easily be the best scene I have watched in anime so far. <--
Jun 26, 2016 11:45 AM

Oct 2014
mozgow said:
Great episode again. And we finally learned what balance Emilia's half-elf lineage (from the reaction I assume it must be something really unique and special).

Subaru's actions ruined almost all the development he had with Emilia. I wonder how he could fix this now...

Suicide.
Dat happy anime tho.
Jun 26, 2016 11:46 AM

May 2008
GoldenKappa said:
As much as I like to sympathize with Subaru, since he can just suicide and redo his mistakes again its hard to feel invested into the drama going on here.

You are wrong, its true he can suicide but first of all he cant decide where his respawn points are set in time so why he would want to die if i.e he would be back to his first day in mansion which would lead with different settings and maybe not pleasant to him result... its fine saying this if it concerns bad situations but who would want to risk reseting good parts too ?

As for episode itself, Story was rushed like crazy... presentation of elections were so bad and hurried, no time for Pack to even show himself, Elders not taking any part in it were even more fail.... entrance of Ron was so fail looking... most of the content were so bad even last scene cant cover it... I am really dissapointed of this week episode...
Jun 26, 2016 11:48 AM

May 2016
I'm living for the drama...It was depressing and all these feels..Kiznaiver who?

Down on the West Coast

They got a sayin'
Pages (28) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - 2 hours ago

15 by Piromysl »»
12 minutes ago

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Yesterday, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.