Forum Settings
Forums

Betraying Progressives, DNC Platform Backs Fracking, TPP, and Israel Occupation

New
Jun 25, 2016 9:37 PM

Jan 2009
Despite its claims to want to unify voters ahead of November's election, the Democratic party appears to be pushing for an agenda that critics say ignores basic progressive policies, "staying true" to their Corporate donors above all else.

During a 9-hour meeting in St. Louis, Missouri on Friday, members of the DNC's platform drafting committee voted down a number of measures proposed by Bernie Sanders surrogates that would have come out against the contentious Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), fracking, and the Israeli occupation of Palestine. At the same time, proposals to support a carbon tax, Single Payer healthcare, and a $15 minimum wage tied to inflation were also disregarded.

In a statement, Sanders said he was "disappointed and dismayed" that representatives of Hillary Clinton and DNC chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schulz rejected the proposal on trade put forth by Sanders appointee Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.), despite the fact that the presumed nominee has herself come out against the 12-nation deal.

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2016/06/25/betraying-progressives-dnc-platform-backs-fracking-tpp-and-israel-occupation

saw this news on reddit and lol the Democratic party is now corrupt and only follows their bribers or lobbyist that give them money

this is the reason why i think Trump will win even though he is ignorant on politics and economics

it will be a wild ride for the next 4 years not just in USA but the whole world economy
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jun 26, 2016 8:46 PM

Nov 2008
The DNC are turning out to be complete devils and are spitting on Sanders, we need more Trump 180's or it's total corporate rule and human suffering like Armored Core.

Jun 26, 2016 8:59 PM

Jun 2011
I wouldn't expect any different from the party that picked Hillary Clinton. The Democrats are just Republican-lite these days, neither party represents the common person anymore.
Jun 28, 2016 8:51 AM

Dec 2013
I'd be surprised if that didn't happen. I just don't understand how their are still Americans that believe any thing these partisan cookie cutter candidates have to say.

The real sad story of it all is that people take the adage of "An independent vote is a wasted vote" seriously in the US. Id' say without it this year has such terrible candidates from both parties with mal-intent I'd dare say an independent could win this election if people weren't brainwashed into corrupt bipartisan politics.
I am on the edge ! The edge of the edgiest edge ever edged by edgekind !
я умерте ужасну депрессии...

Jun 28, 2016 9:57 AM

Sep 2013
They are true progressives, not for the people but for themselves.
Jun 28, 2016 8:41 PM

Jan 2013
Even if their platform claimed they did oppose those things...its just like the rest of the shit that comes out of their mouths, a bunch of fucking lies. All they've done here is help the republicans.

We're fucked so very much. mr."hope&change" did jack shit to fix problems like wall st monsters influencing govt matters. Now we have two (3 - gary johnson) who fucking suck 100%....but I bet the feminists and rich fucks are happy.
Jun 28, 2016 8:52 PM

Nov 2009
j0x said:

saw this news on reddit and lol the Democratic party is now corrupt and only follows their bribers or lobbyist that give them money
This is nothing new, both parties bow down to those who fund them. This has always been the case, and is necessary to "succeed" due to how elections work. It is why I fail to see how Republicans or Democrats are different on anything other than social issues when it boils down to actually putting your money where your mouth is (i.e. congress passing legislation).
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.