Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 26, 2016 10:50 AM

Jan 2014
Future!Trunks is such a mama's boy. I love it.

I'd be hilarious if Black takes down SSB Goku in one hit. I mean, Trunks said he was stronger than Goku and Black never even went super saiyan against him.
Jun 26, 2016 10:51 AM

Dec 2009
I can't see Black overpowering Goku, Vegeta, Whis, and Beerus. He's going to get his ass kicked lol.
Jun 26, 2016 11:07 AM

Jun 2015
Idk if Black goku can transform, but currently ssj3 goku can defeat him.

Well if he can power up, I don't think he can be stronger than ssgss goku.
Jun 26, 2016 11:25 AM
May 2013
SO MUCH HYPE

the ssj2 goku vs ssj2 trunks spar felt right, i don't know what people are complaining about. goku just defended himself, grabbed trunks' arms like it was nothing, then realized ssj2 isn't as strong as black so he went ssj3 to seem more like that guy.

glad that SSJ2 is being used again, it was always my favorite transformation because of gohan + that goku vs majin vegeta fight.

i don't think black can transform, he doesn't seem to be a saiyan.
Jun 26, 2016 12:40 PM
Nov 2012
okay so this is a crazy theory i have..... but it has a base....

you saw right that black had a time ring and he could travel in time .............. and also that he wasnt so surprised to see son goku .... and one more thing that black mentions that he has destroyed many planets and that he had come to do justice to earth by destroying it ....

WHAT IF BLACK IS THE GOD OF DESTRUCTION OF ANOTHER TIME LINE or maybe the same time line (cant be same cause son goku is dead in trunks time line or maybe not )

also makes sense why he would say because of justice he is destroying trunks earth because in truth trunks earth was supposed to be destroyed by the androids which because trunks manipulated time (which is a serious offense) survived.... so in order to make things how they were .... he came to this time line......
Jun 26, 2016 12:41 PM

Jun 2016
I liked how they talk about the buu saga.

Very Good episode,I hope they fight in the next episode. and go all out WOOOOOOOO
Jun 26, 2016 12:53 PM

Jun 2013
cool fight between Trunks and Goku and of course Black has a time ring thingie
Jun 26, 2016 1:08 PM

Mar 2013
I've got a theory about Black. What if that's Goku's body and power and all, but that earring he's wearing is allowing some being or force to reanimate him and use his body for evil? Like a zombie, kinda. So maybe instead of Goku Black, it should be Zombie Goku!
Jun 26, 2016 2:07 PM
Nov 2012
LovelyHikari said:
Now the question is how strong is Gohan. Back in the RoF arc he was having a hard maintaining his SSJ 1 form vs Freeza and most likely lost his Master SSJ form too.

gohan power is sligthy better than Mr. Satan level.
his daughter already outreached his power.
don't expect gohan fighting more than villain of the arc random low rank grunts
Jun 26, 2016 2:09 PM
Apr 2015
felipeliborio said:
daman246 said:
once again this anime has let me down with its retarted Power level scaling, since when is Goku SSj2 just as strong as SSj2 trunks? i mean didnt goku do that monstrous training with vegeta and whis and years in the chamber again? his normal state is so above trunks that it should be higher than even his SSJ, so tell me again how is goku SSj2= trunks SSj2? is like they said well lets forget about the fight goku had with gold frieza and lets start over again, Goku fought frieza in his base form against a frieza who is league stronger than SSj and SSj2 before the gold form

and this is why shounen just doesnt make much sense anymore, yea kids 13 years old wouldnt give a damn about it.

they lower gokus power when its plot but then raise it again when its convenient sigh, this here is what you call a mediocre anime, all the nostalgia is really clouding my mind

I agree, but that always happened... Ever since Dragon Ball. The most we can do is imagine that Trunks got stronger by fighting Black. He said he did it for more than one year.

Most people say this:

N1ghtShadow said:
Tokoya said:
Base Vegeta/Goku>>>>SSJ3 Gotenks confirmed lol

Because their base form is Saiyan Beyond God now.

It's like:

Other Sayians base forms < others Saiyans SSJ1, SSJ2, SSJ3 < Goku/Vegeta base/Saiyan Beyond God forms < Goku/Vegeta SSJ1,2,3 < SSJB.

But most people on other forums also say this:
There are two different types of ki now, Regular ki and God ki. And this is how the transformation goes.

Regular ki : base -> ssj -> ss2 -> ss3
God ki : base (sayian beyond god) -> Super Sayian God Blue

Goku and Vegeta have both types of ki and are able to use both types of ki. When they use regular ki their base is just the regular base that isn't on God level, and when they use God ki their base become sayian beyond god base form which is on God level.
YettieaterJun 26, 2016 2:17 PM
Jun 26, 2016 2:58 PM

Nov 2010
Oh,so future trunks canceled out the buu arc from ever happening.interesting development which is great IMO cause that arc stunked and he beat dabura and babidi with his super saiyan 2 form? The hair didnt look spikier though. At all. At least the blue sparks were there.

It's good to see goku used super saiyan 3 again. He could have revealed it to frieza too!

It still bothers me that none of the main characters pointed out future trunks new hair color change.

Dark goku entering the present is awesome!
The_Nut_CrackerJun 27, 2016 6:28 PM
Jun 26, 2016 3:43 PM

Apr 2013
I wonder what Babidi's delay was though. In the future time line, he came much much later (easy to tell by the difference in age of Trunks in our timeline during the buu saga, and him being an adult in his own timeline when Babidi showed up)
Jun 26, 2016 3:48 PM
Jun 26, 2016 5:04 PM

Apr 2014
But how is he black when he's white?
Jun 26, 2016 5:23 PM

Jul 2013
Interesting to see Trunks also had an fight against Dabura and Babidi in the future. I hope we get more background of Black Goku in the future episodes. Would be nice to know for what reason he came to the earth.

Seems like Trunks became also pretty strong with the SSJ 2, but even that didn't helped against Black Goku.

Beerus and Whis got bribed by Bulma haha. Pilaf like always total crazy :D

Black Goku finally appeared in the past and of course at that point the episode ended >.<

So next week we will the fight with him and Goku. From the preview it looks like the normal Goku has problems with Black Goku. But I think that will be good :)

Jun 26, 2016 6:43 PM

Feb 2012
xahjun said:

Yeah, I think it's a little extreme this time round. I was actually expecting Goku to have the capability to defeat SSJ2 trunks in his base form after all that crazy training.
Well, they're being very confusing by never stating things directly, but he does. They full on showed it in the previous arc where SSJ3 Gotenks (who was stonger than SSJ3 Goku in DBZ) couldn't even damage base Vegeta.

It seems like they have two base forms they seem to choose from depending on whether they plan on being serious or not. One is the new one that is infused with the God Ki powerup and the other mimics their base before the powerup. The SSJ forms he just used against Trunks are the same strength as what he used against Beerus at the start of the series.

What's really unclear to me is that I don't think that was true of the SSJ form that they used in the Universal Tournament. But they don't seem to distinguish when they are using the powerful form or the weak one so it makes speculating power levels very difficult for all of the new characters.
Slyr3do0nJun 26, 2016 6:47 PM
Jun 26, 2016 8:53 PM

Aug 2015
Cream_Soda said:
I wonder what Babidi's delay was though. In the future time line, he came much much later (easy to tell by the difference in age of Trunks in our timeline during the buu saga, and him being an adult in his own timeline when Babidi showed up)

Hmmm... considering that most, if not all the warriors of Earth died in this future (with the exception of Trunks) you could assume that Babadi couldn't find enough powerful energy source to resurrect Buu and break that seal. He probably tried to use a lot of humans over the years (in a post apocalyptic world that is already lacking them severely) and one day Trunks killed him for it.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Jun 26, 2016 10:21 PM

May 2011
Slyr3do0n said:
xahjun said:

Yeah, I think it's a little extreme this time round. I was actually expecting Goku to have the capability to defeat SSJ2 trunks in his base form after all that crazy training.
Well, they're being very confusing by never stating things directly, but he does. They full on showed it in the previous arc where SSJ3 Gotenks (who was stonger than SSJ3 Goku in DBZ) couldn't even damage base Vegeta.

It seems like they have two base forms they seem to choose from depending on whether they plan on being serious or not. One is the new one that is infused with the God Ki powerup and the other mimics their base before the powerup. The SSJ forms he just used against Trunks are the same strength as what he used against Beerus at the start of the series.

What's really unclear to me is that I don't think that was true of the SSJ form that they used in the Universal Tournament. But they don't seem to distinguish when they are using the powerful form or the weak one so it makes speculating power levels very difficult for all of the new characters.

I think I kinda understand what you mean, but it doesn't feel like an idea that I would buy. That's just meant that they can train and be incredibly powerful in their god form (god base, SSG red, SSG blue) , but if they don't train with their regular human ki (human base, SSJ 1/2/3), their human form would hardly increase at all? Now I'm just more confused haha. I guess it's actually easier for me to accept the concept if I treat it as terrible power level scaling.
jr_paperbagJun 26, 2016 10:26 PM
Jun 27, 2016 1:24 AM

Mar 2011
Goky surely didn't even need to bother going ss against trunks xD.

curious how it will go and who this black really is.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Jun 27, 2016 1:49 AM

Jul 2014
i think this arc will have the most cliffhanger at all, it was an intense episode!!
9/10
Jun 27, 2016 2:46 AM

Aug 2014
Black goku is badass for sure i like these mad emotions on his face
Jun 27, 2016 3:31 AM
Jun 2016
Cool episode, loved how Trunks bypass majin buu by killing bibidi n red face horn head lol. The Black Goku flashback was deep tho, he said Im destorying the world too restore justice. This is a good, guarantee if Black Goku doesnt have a God form. If Goku goes SSJG, Black is going too improve in strenght too lol.
Jun 27, 2016 5:59 AM

Aug 2014
SonofMars said:

you saw right that black had a time ring and he could travel in time .............. and also that he wasnt so surprised to see son goku .... and one more thing that black mentions that he has destroyed many planets and that he had come to do justice to earth by destroying it ....

WHAT IF BLACK IS THE GOD OF DESTRUCTION OF ANOTHER TIME LINE or maybe the same time line (cant be same cause son goku is dead in trunks time line or maybe not )

also makes sense why he would say because of justice he is destroying trunks earth because in truth trunks earth was supposed to be destroyed by the androids which because trunks manipulated time (which is a serious offense) survived.... so in order to make things how they were .... he came to this time line......

Since Future Trunks manipulated time in his own timeline, wouldn't the God of Destruction of his own timeline try to kill him? I'm wondering if Future Trunks still belongs to Universe 7 since he is from another alternate timeline. It's possible he still does but that would make the God of Destruction Beerus. Also Black Goku didn't seem to know about Future Trunks time travelling since he seemed surprised when his ring reacted to the area or how Future Trunks suddenly disappeared.

Anyway, I'm hoping this arc improves with the animation since I still find it quite poor. Whis, Future Trunks, Vegeta and Goku all looked awkward throughout the episode.
Jun 27, 2016 7:40 AM

Apr 2014
daman246 said:
once again this anime has let me down with its retarted Power level scaling, since when is Goku SSj2 just as strong as SSj2 trunks? i mean didnt goku do that monstrous training with vegeta and whis and years in the chamber again? his normal state is so above trunks that it should be higher than even his SSJ, so tell me again how is goku SSj2= trunks SSj2? is like they said well lets forget about the fight goku had with gold frieza and lets start over again, Goku fought frieza in his base form against a frieza who is league stronger than SSj and SSj2 before the gold form

and this is why shounen just doesnt make much sense anymore, yea kids 13 years old wouldnt give a damn about it.

they lower gokus power when its plot but then raise it again when its convenient sigh, this here is what you call a mediocre anime, all the nostalgia is really clouding my mind

Lolno.
Goku was clearly holding back.

Jun 27, 2016 7:48 AM

Apr 2014
Cream_Soda said:

Babidi said that he needed the population of Earth to be at a certain level to be able to resurrect Buu.

I'd imagine that it took a while for Earth to get to that level again, after all of the death and destruction caused by the Androids.

Jun 27, 2016 1:54 PM

Apr 2015
Loved the Super Saiyan 3 transformation!

Can't wait for next week.
Jun 28, 2016 8:11 PM
Feb 2014
Yettieater said:
felipeliborio said:

I agree, but that always happened... Ever since Dragon Ball. The most we can do is imagine that Trunks got stronger by fighting Black. He said he did it for more than one year.

Most people say this:

N1ghtShadow said:

Because their base form is Saiyan Beyond God now.

It's like:

Other Sayians base forms < others Saiyans SSJ1, SSJ2, SSJ3 < Goku/Vegeta base/Saiyan Beyond God forms < Goku/Vegeta SSJ1,2,3 < SSJB.

But most people on other forums also say this:
There are two different types of ki now, Regular ki and God ki. And this is how the transformation goes.

Regular ki : base -> ssj -> ss2 -> ss3
God ki : base (sayian beyond god) -> Super Sayian God Blue

Goku and Vegeta have both types of ki and are able to use both types of ki. When they use regular ki their base is just the regular base that isn't on God level, and when they use God ki their base become sayian beyond god base form which is on God level.

I guess it sorta makes sense, but how strong would black goku have to be in order to make this arc interesting.
Jun 29, 2016 1:55 AM
Apr 2013
SonofMars said:

Not quite, Trunk didn;t really change his future, all the people that were killed by 17 and 18 are still dead, the only result for his timeline was that he trained enough in the past to have the power to one shot 17 and 18. It is the current Z/Super timeline that got altered due to Trunk Intervention.
Jun 29, 2016 5:40 AM

Apr 2011
Nice episode again. Really enjoyed it.

Jun 29, 2016 7:14 AM

Oct 2008
Nice episode!
LOL at Trunks doing the super apologizing kneel to the 2 gods!
Pilaf's gang is really noisy!
You could really calm down the gods using yummy foods!
Now that was fast...Goku Black already showed-up!
Time manipulation is really a serious crime!
5/5.

Jun 30, 2016 11:02 PM

May 2011
Could it be that Black is actually Future Goten? Future Bulma is the one who named him Goku Black, and so far he has not referred to himself as Goku at all. He's the adversary of Future Trunks, and he seems to be wearing one of the fusion earrings which makes me think about Gotenks. Now, I don't know why Goten would be alive at all in the future timeline or be evil, super powerful, or changing into evil shadow stuff, but... just brainstorming.

I'm curious about the Mai of Future Trunks's timeline. Mai is only a child in Super because of a botched Dragon Balls wish. I guess something similar somehow happened in Future Trunks's timeline too, but she's had time to grow up again? Otherwise, Mai would be more like Future Bulma's age.

I definitely ship Trunks x Mai regardless.
spookytanuki.tumblr.com
Jul 1, 2016 2:08 PM

Nov 2009
SonofMars said:

That's a good one actually! If this doesn't happen, I hope something similar does...the idea you have here is gold.
Jul 1, 2016 6:32 PM

Oct 2015
As i can see from the preview of next episode i guess goku is gona get his ass kicked by black :P?! anyway a overall good episode really enjoying this arc!
Jul 3, 2016 8:06 AM

Dec 2015
Great to see the alternate version of Buu's awakening. The Trunks SSJ2 needs a proper artwork, because it looked ugly and was just a SSJ1 haircut with electricity.

3.5/5
Jul 3, 2016 8:34 PM

Jan 2015
Pretty cool episode, it was nice to see Trunks knowing about future Trunks and all that
Jul 16, 2016 5:15 AM

May 2014
Hahha, Pilaf is funny as always. Too bad his theory about having affair or inanimate child weren't true. That would be very interesting. :P

Cool to see that Trunks have powered up and achieved Form 2, even though he still no match to Goku or Vegeta for that matter.
Jul 25, 2016 2:42 PM
Jun 2016
SonofMars said:

All I can say is HYYYYYYYPEE
Aug 25, 2016 11:50 AM
Dec 2010
So Goku in the base form sometimes has god power and other times don't. There clearly must be another SSJ form, which doesn't change appearance... or turns user's hair and eyes black. I would call it Super Saiyan Black.

I wonder why Babidi and Dabura appeared 10 years later in the other timeline.

I like how Trunks is killing every villain in 5 minutes, I'm waiting for him to go back to the future after a few power ups and one shot future Beerus.
Aug 26, 2016 9:52 AM
Dec 2014
Disappointing, they didn't explained how black Goku appeared and what happened to the real Goku in future and all others characters.
Oct 21, 2016 9:26 PM
May 2011
I thought we were already told that it's impossible to change the future?

trunks world did not change regardless of what happened in the other past.

also since they are still using ssj2\3 i'm waiting for them to incorporate it into the god ki instead of that shitty color swapping they've been doing lately.
Nov 12, 2016 6:56 AM

Feb 2008
Dragonage2ftw said:
Lolno.
Goku was clearly holding back.

It's hilarious how half of the thread couldn't get this. Everyone takes everything at face value and doesn't even know Goku's character lol.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Dec 10, 2016 2:04 PM

Mar 2010
Hmm its interesting when beerus is there observing.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 9, 2017 7:33 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
the cheese sausage stick, the new delicatessen!!! xD
Nov 4, 2018 10:04 PM

May 2008
The 3 most interesting things that stood out, other than how ugly it looks:

1) So, it's Chichi's fault Goten never got to meet Future Trunks! Oh man, if I didn't dislike her before, I definitely do now. And I KNOW it's mostly due to the why the writers write her, but man, do they make so aggravating that her death later on is cathartic.

2) No one is going to say how Vegeta says the dreaded G-word? I think this is the 2nd time through Dragon Ball and now Super that he has said "Goku." The seiyuu doesn't do the line well, though, a bit too fast and rough.

3) For time travel being such a serious crime, it sure isn't enforced well... considering Whis has the ability and Kaioshins have time rings. What a load of BS; though everything Whis said isn't. And Whis doesn't really seem to care about it even though he brings it up; why leave to Beerus? I think he doesn't give a crap - he even looked a bit in awe with Future Blooma's notebook. It's probably a crime just for the "lower" beings who would abuse it more often.

Other than that, it's a bit amusing to see how much foreshadowing is done in this episode. Plus, is it just me or is Whis rarely looks terrible compared to the other men? Besides him, only Mai and Blooma look drawn nice.

Whis best girl, confirmed.
Jul 20, 2019 9:51 PM

Dec 2012
Trunks went back 17 years.
LMAO Goku jus holding Trunks arm with his child like look and Trunks putting his all into that punch with his mad face.
Dat smack in the head.
lol at Beers talking to Trunks.
Whis figured it out.
Trunks talking to Trunks. And the space-time continuum hasn't ended.
Goku still trying to find Trunks.
Time ring?
A pussy opening up in the sky.
lol at Trunks thinking Wis is Kami-sama.
Fish sausage.
LMAO at Chichi grabbing Goten and saying his test is more critical than the Earth.
Trunks prevented the appearance of Boo.
The enemy really is Son Goku.
They call him Goku Black.
Bulma came up with it.
Trunks fought Goku Black for a year.
lol Goku wants to spar with Trunks.
Trunks going SSJ2.
Bulma put up a field. WTF!
Goku going SSJ3.
lol at Goku stopping Trunks sword with his fingers again.
Kuririn and Piccolo arrive.
Oh shit! He's here.
Goku meets Goku.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jan 30, 2021 5:24 AM

Jun 2019
Goku vs. Goku. Yummy action coming.
Dec 11, 2022 11:04 AM

Nov 2020
The confruntation begins! Goku vs Goku Black!
Dec 6, 2023 10:32 PM

Feb 2022
Thats insane! Wow!

The fight between the gokus is gonna be good!
Jan 7, 1:53 PM

Jan 2021
Two Gokus, one punch.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Yesterday, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 62 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 15, 2016

93 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 10:28 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 60 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

98 by Hayley2877 »»
Yesterday, 9:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.