Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 25, 2016 2:13 PM

Nov 2014
What exactly is going on since episode 7?

Jun 25, 2016 2:38 PM

Aug 2008
He came in and killed the supporters of his father since discovering he betrayed him. Messed things up for the people hiding behind the stations because he believed they were cowards and captured Ikoma's crew.

It's a pretty generic affair. Is the plot that hard to follow?
Jun 25, 2016 2:38 PM

Jul 2009
The show took the same route as Owari no Seraph and another 100 shounen titles, the old ''revenge route'' followed by a 180° power up of the MC.
Jun 25, 2016 2:57 PM

Nov 2014
hyperknees91 said:
I feel like it was super rushed, and I missed a lot of stuff. He just popped in and bam, people die.

Jun 25, 2016 3:08 PM

Aug 2008
ExTemplar said:
hyperknees91 said:
I feel like it was super rushed, and I missed a lot of stuff. He just popped in and bam, people die.

Well the series is not really about being anything other than being a fast paced action show.

But essentially in episode 5 you were given foreshadowing by the one eyed guy that he was a villain and that people had it out for him. He found a few of those people in episode 7 and learned that it was dad that abandoned him on the battlefield a few years back. Then bang he was pissed so he wrecked things up because he realized the people he was fighting to protect cared nothing about him.
Jun 25, 2016 10:08 PM
May 2012
Jonny_Mhl said:
The show took the same route as Owari no Seraph and another 100 shounen titles, the old ''revenge route'' followed by a 180° power up of the MC.

I can't believe I was the only one who were actually care about Owari No Seraph anyway (Pretty sure those plots were original-based rather than follow the manga)....
Jun 26, 2016 2:34 AM

Dec 2014
the show itself has become so wack.. it seems everyone may die in the end
Jun 27, 2016 3:41 AM
Aug 2015
That's apparently what the creators of this series call "plot". 6 episodes wasted on repetitive kabane attacks, and then at the last 2 minutes of episode 7 we get the "story". At this point, the worldbuilding of this series is as bad as everything else about it, and also makes no sense.
Jun 27, 2016 6:11 AM
Oct 2010
ExTemplar said:

i play overwatch too... its fun even if it doesnt have story...LOL
i think just enjoy kabaneri as overwatch!

kabaneri have an MMORPG u know
in china
Jun 27, 2016 7:48 AM

Nov 2014
moncikoma said:
ExTemplar said:

in china
I don't play overwatch

Jun 27, 2016 8:23 AM
Oct 2010
ExTemplar said:
moncikoma said:

in china
I don't play overwatch

but dat tracer... :v
Jun 27, 2016 8:33 AM

Nov 2014
moncikoma said:
ExTemplar said:
I don't play overwatch

but dat tracer... :v
I have many waifus.

Jun 30, 2016 3:22 AM
May 2012
Blame that idiot writer Okuchi Ichiro (same guy who also did Code Geass & Valvrave). He's the one who behind this travesty. In fact, it's just went bananas or something.

Bananas: going batshit crazy/making NO sense/out of place.
Jun 30, 2016 4:47 AM

Jul 2009
He is a pain...it would be better without him.
Jun 30, 2016 2:11 PM

Jun 2009
bittersweetlove said:
He is a pain...it would be better without him.

I agree so much ! Biba totally killed the mood. What a generic bullshit villain...
Jul 1, 2016 3:36 PM

Jul 2013
To summarize, when the bishounen appeared, the whole story lost its plot
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2016 4:10 AM
Feb 2009
It's always the same with zombie story : Human build something to hold against XXX (here kabane). But, one guy decides for random reason that he needs to destroy something and then the castle fall from the inside.

Pretty boring story... And why biba had to be 12 years old when he was left on the battefield ? (I did not watch the last two episodes).Why does he need 10 years before doing something ?

Also, you know : When Kabane are supposed to be impossible to kill but Biba (and its army) can kill everything in oneshot... You're starting to wonder how kabane are still a problem.

And when kabaneri are supposed to be strong but are beaten up by ONE human without any weapon... You got a problem.

Incoherence with unconvincing bishounen => boring :)
Jul 7, 2016 10:43 AM
Jul 2008
Rukodaime said:
It's always the same with zombie story : Human build something to hold against XXX (here kabane). But, one guy decides for random reason that he needs to destroy something and then the castle fall from the inside.

Pretty boring story... And why biba had to be 12 years old when he was left on the battefield ? (I did not watch the last two episodes).Why does he need 10 years before doing something ?

Also, you know : When Kabane are supposed to be impossible to kill but Biba (and its army) can kill everything in oneshot... You're starting to wonder how kabane are still a problem.

And when kabaneri are supposed to be strong but are beaten up by ONE human without any weapon... You got a problem.

Incoherence with unconvincing bishounen => boring :)

Mumei and Biba(10 years ago) don't look like 12 years old at all.. I guess kids there grow quite fast?

He need to wait for 10 years maybe because he need to gather his arsenal. After he got kabaneri and how to make black smoke kabane, he decided to be strong enough to attack.

Kabane is not impossible to kill. Kabane can be killed by chopping the head off or destroy the heart. Chopping the head requires large strength, normal human doesn't have that strength.
Destroying the heart is only possible by close quarter combat, which has quite high risk. Those army has been trained specially for that. That's why Ikoma invented a gun that can kill kabane from a distance.
Jul 7, 2016 2:22 PM
May 2012
That feeling when people around MAL were actually care about the qualities of the show or something instead...

Seriously, what's up with that. Why am I the only one who were care about it in terms of story through animation like other shows are anyway?
JafriZinJul 7, 2016 2:28 PM
Jul 7, 2016 4:04 PM

Jul 2012
LeonLanford said:
Kabane can be killed by chopping the head off or destroy the heart. Chopping the head requires large strength, normal human doesn't have that strength.
I just want to point out you're wrong about this. In episode 4 Kurusu chopped off the head of a Kabane, before his sword got an upgrade or anything. And chopping off the head DOES NOT actually kill them. I say this because in episode 9 when Mumei tried to save the mother and her daughter, she chopped off the attacking Kabane's head, then upon stabbing it in the heart, the light in its eyes faded.
Jul 8, 2016 4:32 AM

Feb 2015
don't worry. it's his fault that this anime became a down hill ever since episode 5/6.
who made biba character seriously ? what a very stupid desicion.
Jul 8, 2016 7:53 AM
Jul 2008
Phoebe3315 said:
LeonLanford said:
Kabane can be killed by chopping the head off or destroy the heart. Chopping the head requires large strength, normal human doesn't have that strength.
I just want to point out you're wrong about this. In episode 4 Kurusu chopped off the head of a Kabane, before his sword got an upgrade or anything. And chopping off the head DOES NOT actually kill them. I say this because in episode 9 when Mumei tried to save the mother and her daughter, she chopped off the attacking Kabane's head, then upon stabbing it in the heart, the light in its eyes faded.

I just look at ep 4, Kurusu did not chop any head.
In ep 9 she may just want to finish the Kabane fast because of the parent and child safety.
You can see in ep 1 she just left the Kabane after chopping the head, it may be still alive but will be dead later.
In ep 2 when breaking through you can also see she only chop the head and leave the body.
In real life, some animal can still attack you even if you chop the head but will gradually die later.
Jul 8, 2016 11:06 AM

Jul 2012
LeonLanford said:
Phoebe3315 said:

In ep 9 she may just want to finish the Kabane fast because of the parent and child safety.
You can see in ep 1 she just left the Kabane after chopping the head, it may be still alive but will be dead later.
In ep 2 when breaking through you can also see she only chop the head and leave the body.
In real life, some animal can still attack you even if you chop the head but will gradually die later.

13:52 Kurusu chops off a Kabane's head. You weren't paying close enough attention. What makes you think Mumei didn't later pierce the heart of the Kabane she beheaded in episode 1? In episode 2, she was only trying to clear the way, the station was filled with Kabane so killing that one extra one wouldn't have mattered since it was (temporarily?) immobilized. I don't know why you're persisting the show is lying when it tells you the only way to kill a Kabane is by piercing its heart. Nothing in the show indicates cutting off the head is enough to actually kill them. Technically Kurusu in episode 4 couldn't kill them, so he just slashed their bodies off the train instead.
Phoebe3315Jul 8, 2016 11:11 AM
Jul 8, 2016 11:15 AM
Jul 2008
Phoebe3315 said:
LeonLanford said:

13:52 Kurusu chops off a Kabane's head. You weren't paying close enough attention. What makes you think Mumei didn't later pierce the hearts of the Kabane she beheaded in episodes 1 & 2? I don't know why you're persisting the show is lying when it tells you the only way to kill a Kabane is by piercing its heart. Nothing in the show indicates cutting off the head is enough to actually kill them. Technically Kurusu in episode 4 couldn't kill them, so he just slashed their bodies off the train instead.

I missed that part. But the chopped off one did not attack or get attacked again right?
He slashed their body off the train because it requires less effort and power.
In ep 1 it's not shown but in ep 2(5:17) she simply chop the head and run.
I'm not persisting, but I just see what the show showed me.
Jul 8, 2016 11:32 AM

Jul 2012
LeonLanford said:
But the chopped off one did not attack or get attacked again right?
Not before its body was thrown off the train, but that only means that they are immobilized for some period of time after being beheaded.
In ep 1 it's not shown but in ep 2(5:17) she simply chop the head and run.
I'm not persisting, but I just see what the show showed me.
A bunch of things in this anime happen off-screen and are left for interpretation. Mumei may or may not have stabbed the heart of the Kabane in episode 1 after beheading it, but what happens in episode 9 still supports the idea they can only really be killed by being pierced in the heart. Mumei was just clearing the way for people to get to the Kotetsujyo in episode 2, so even if she didn't go back and kill the one she beheaded, it wouldn't matter since it was immobilized long enough for everyone to safely get by and the station was still filled with Kabane anyway.
Jul 10, 2016 8:27 PM
May 2012
That feeling when people hates Bieber (biba) but in different taste & perception NOT in terms of story through animation..

Gee, no wonder why are they ignored every posts I said lately (like what he did to Mumei & etc)....
JafriZinJul 10, 2016 9:29 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2016

393 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 10:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.