Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 25, 2016 8:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty good finale. I think all the buildup that led to this episode was worth waiting for in particular at how Blue Mermaid engages in their final battle.

Oh and I liked how they mixed in the OP theme song during the mid episode for the grand climax. Very proud of how far the girls has come with their adventure. What a way for the girls to win and return home :D 7/10. Unexpected hidden gem of the Spring season imo.
Jun 25, 2016 9:49 AM

Aug 2015
It was a good series. Didn't expect a lot, but it was better than I thought.

Too bad that many didn't watch it.
nothing.
Jun 25, 2016 9:51 AM

Jan 2012
Hooray! Mike saved Moka and gave her a big, yurilicious hug! XD Just a shame it took 6 episodes too long. Yes, as I've said numerous times Moka was my favorite girl so her being a hostage the entire time seriously hampered my enjoyment of this otherwise enjoyable cute girls doing badass things(and cute thingsXD) show. If only she'd joined up with them halfway in. Really my only other compliant was just how asinine the brainwashing rodents plot was, but eh...I got over it. Too bad I can only give this a 6/10 though. Oh, and RIP Harekaze. :(
Jun 25, 2016 10:01 AM

Oct 2014
I hope in a second season!!!

series: 9/10

And RIP Harekaze!!!!
Jun 25, 2016 10:13 AM

Sep 2015
Well not good not bad, ok ok anime 6/10. Salute to Harekaze.
Jun 25, 2016 10:21 AM

Aug 2014
A solid 9 from me, the combat was solid and I generally liked all of the characters and the story. While it did tease the Musashi for a bit to long the payoff was worth it. And I'm a massive sucker for WW2 warships and anything they are involved in.

But what about the people who accidentally released the killer mice, surely they should be massively punished even if it was an accident
Get your shit straight Brenda
Jun 25, 2016 10:34 AM

Aug 2010
And so ends the (arguably) worst show of the previous season, sinking to the bottom of our memory. They did a pretty good job at making the last episode as cliched as possible, and they even ran out of stuff to do so we got a clipshow, how lovely. 2/5.

People have been comparing this show to GuP and while first I was shocked, after some consideration I realized that there is a very strong connection. Everything GuP did right, Haifuri did wrong. The bloated cast was bland and more annoying than endearing although I can see the hard pandering the studio was going for with girls like Rin and Shima (the popularity polls showing they did a good job on that front it seems). The "story"...do we even need to discuss it? It was stupid beyond belief and while that isn't that horrible in and of itself (Strike Witches still managed to have some amusement value and that's the closest I can think of) the execution and directing was abysmal. It tried to mix SoL and drama, but was so inept at doing so that they created one heck of an abomination. Budget issues, forgettable OST, it really was all around bad. There were a few scenes that were either awesome or genuinely funny, but the end product is still a horrible mishmash. Freaking Upotte was better. Yeah, I went there, no regrets. A generous 4/10.
Jun 25, 2016 10:41 AM

Mar 2008
Solid 8/10, I'm surprised the Harekaze could even make it to port. That boat took so much abuse. Only thing I would have liked to see more of was discussion on the virus.
Jun 25, 2016 10:45 AM

Apr 2010
It's a terrible shame this is over already i wanted more.
I have to say that that the Harekaze sinking after the girls got home makes it a trustworthy ship it sustained a lot of damage in the last fight.
And the question is what will happen to the girls after this.
Seeing what they pulled of they will have a pretty bright future ahead of them.
Jun 25, 2016 10:45 AM

Jan 2015
That's the power of Musashi. Even they backfire have done the pretty much damage on Harekaze.
And yeah, that's one epic battle moment especially after other ship came for the help. Even when I'm not a really big fan of ship-type Military genre anime, it really worth it to see until the last episode.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 25, 2016 10:54 AM
Jul 2018
It was sad to see that Harekaze was sinking after the girls got home!
Jun 25, 2016 10:55 AM

Nov 2012
Nice ending and quite enjoyable series in general.
Poor Harakaze, but on the other hand I am quite surprise it survived that long...
Jun 25, 2016 11:01 AM

Mar 2016
This was one of the funnest animes of the season to watch

Titanic 2.0, when they all saluted at the end, it really tugged my heart strings

7/10 will be missed
Jun 25, 2016 11:02 AM

Feb 2008
The ship sank only after the captain disembark... Misaki's luck was holding the ship till port?
Jun 25, 2016 11:04 AM

Dec 2013
I guess plot armor wasn't strong enough to fill all those leaky holes in the Harekaze.... and why did it not sink in open water? Heck, why wouldn't the ship be salvaged when it's docked next to a harbor? Oh the shit that they come up with for the "impact".
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 25, 2016 11:18 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
L-Ryoshi said:
I guess plot armor wasn't strong enough to fill all those leaky holes in the Harekaze.... and why did it not sink in open water? Heck, why wouldn't the ship be salvaged when it's docked next to a harbor? Oh the shit that they come up with for the "impact".

lol

One Piece flashbacks from this, that was a really good ending, one of the better this season. 7/10
Jun 25, 2016 11:19 AM
Jun 2016
Full salvo torps from kagero class = no effect
ram yamato class with kagero class = stop the musashi
too much drama
2/5
was expecting more
Jun 25, 2016 11:23 AM
Mar 2014
Excellent final episode!

It was sad to see the Harekaze sink at the end there, but it was a great moment nonetheless.

This anime is my favourite of the season by far, I looked forward to and enjoyed each episode every week. I'd love to see some more content in the future.
Jun 25, 2016 11:45 AM

Apr 2014
That finale battle was really fucking awesome

I want a second season or maybe a movie like how Girls und Panzer did

RIP Harekaze you performed splendidly these past 12 weeks. I shall never forget you T_T

Jun 25, 2016 11:48 AM

Apr 2011
I did not expect the Harekaze sinking at port. It was like waiting for everyone to land before taking its last breathe. Or maybe Mike's luck hold it out. Sad to see it go. It was the 2nd home for the girls.

It was a short but fun ride. One of my favorite anime this season.

7/10
Jun 25, 2016 11:59 AM

Feb 2013
Good ending :( for it ending.

Best anime of this season.
Jun 25, 2016 12:19 PM
Oct 2015
Mogami-kun said:
And so ends the (arguably) worst show of the previous season, sinking to the bottom of our memory. They did a pretty good job at making the last episode as cliched as possible, and they even ran out of stuff to do so we got a clipshow, how lovely. 2/5.

People have been comparing this show to GuP and while first I was shocked, after some consideration I realized that there is a very strong connection. Everything GuP did right, Haifuri did wrong. The bloated cast was bland and more annoying than endearing although I can see the hard pandering the studio was going for with girls like Rin and Shima (the popularity polls showing they did a good job on that front it seems). The "story"...do we even need to discuss it? It was stupid beyond belief and while that isn't that horrible in and of itself (Strike Witches still managed to have some amusement value and that's the closest I can think of) the execution and directing was abysmal. It tried to mix SoL and drama, but was so inept at doing so that they created one heck of an abomination. Budget issues, forgettable OST, it really was all around bad. There were a few scenes that were either awesome or genuinely funny, but the end product is still a horrible mishmash. Freaking Upotte was better. Yeah, I went there, no regrets. A generous 4/10.

So why did you watch all 12 episodes if you did not like it? Should have dropped it after 1-3 episodes and go find something more to your taste. I myself liked the series. Of course its improbable but so is most anime.
Jun 25, 2016 12:21 PM
Oct 2015
The one thing I wished they did was end the anime with the crew being given a brand new state of the art ship in place of their ship that sunk.
Jun 25, 2016 12:41 PM

Mar 2011

Harekaze is da real mvp. T^T7
Jun 25, 2016 1:11 PM

Jun 2015
Top 10 saddest anime deaths. Harekaze. Better put respect on that name. Shit episode. Not enough Machii. Jk, but they did a ship raid. Why didnt we get to see Machii kick more ass. Anyways it was an extremely fun anime and one of my favorite this season. And Machii best girl this season
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Jun 25, 2016 1:20 PM
Dec 2013
Amother shittest endings of the season. Harekaze has finally sunk over. It's a OK anime overall.
Jun 25, 2016 1:21 PM

Sep 2015
L-Ryoshi said:

Err well, the ship was probably being sustained by the crew during the voyage. When they disembarked no one was doing damage control and probably sank that way which is kind of stupid why no one immediately boarded to take over. But that's such a minor thing.
Also the anime never said if it was salvaged or not, though it definitely can.

The anime is pretty good IMO, not as good as GuP though. When it first started I thought it would be better but as it went on; it felt like it ran out of juice between the main plot and saving Musashi.
They boarded as newbies and disembarked as veterans.
zcv45Jun 25, 2016 1:35 PM
Jun 25, 2016 1:23 PM
Jan 2014
That's bomb in the end, at the first glance looked like a kaiten. I am really happy I was wrong.
The anime otherwise was enjoyable for me, I can image a second season if it sell well.
Jun 25, 2016 1:28 PM

Sep 2015
laczy90 said:
That's bomb in the end, at the first glance looked like a kaiten. I am really happy I was wrong.
The anime otherwise was enjoyable for me, I can image a second season if it sell well.

I actually never heard of a Type 4 naval rocket, it also lacked fins. TBH it looked like a conventional round with rocket power on it... So maybe thrust vectoring to make it spin?
Anyways, I know there is a anti-tank Type 4 rocket but never heard of a naval one that could be launched via a rail and remote control.
In fact one that big? Big as a depth charge rack? There was an IJN naval AA rocket but never heard of an anti-ship one or whatever that is for.

Maybe it's fictional?
Jun 25, 2016 1:58 PM

Jul 2010
I actually thought this episode was the best and the ending was really well done, RIP Harekaze :( man sometimes ships "death" are more sad than actual character deaths lol...

7/10, it was an enjoyable ride.
Jun 25, 2016 2:33 PM

Feb 2015
Welp, that's the end. it was an enjoyable and fun series overall. the plot/story wasn't really impressive imo, but i think it's okay. just a little bit addition to make the show more interesting and fun to watch i guess xD

a little bit disappointed imo cause it's my fault for having a very high hopes that this anime would turned out to be like girl und panzer but yeah.....either way i still enjoyed it so much even tho i think either character relationship and development or story aren't really that impressive and interesting, but i still enjoyed it. the way they combine SoL with ships and cute girls, that's what i find it enjoyable, moreover with that kind of animation. they make the ship action into CGI and pour all the rest of the budget into the 2d animation. i like that xD

9/10 from me but not solid. more spesifically, 8.6/10 it was a fun ride. i wish it was more than 12 eps ;_;
R.I.P Harekaze btw, the MVP of this episode. #respect
I feel sad for Harekaze but it didn't make me cry.
YizelTroJun 25, 2016 2:37 PM
Jun 25, 2016 2:42 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
Totally unexpected sad ending

Definitely needs sequel or movie, although I was hoping this would be more serious and thrilling like in 1st episode

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Jun 25, 2016 3:35 PM

Jun 2014
Normally, I'd rate this favorably.
But at some point in the last few episodes the captain started to rub me the wrong way so badly, it made watching this unbearable. Everything else is good.
It's a damn shame.
Jun 25, 2016 3:42 PM

May 2015
Aye, we got to see our German girl again <3.

All those ships against one ship, though. Talk about some serious shit. But damn, this finale did deliver. The battle did not disappoint and that reunion was sweet. Good finale.

Enjoyable show. 8/10. RIP Harekaze. You did well.

Jun 25, 2016 3:50 PM

Aug 2013
Man, I'm glad I stuck with this show. It was definitely one of the lowkey jewels of the season. Very good build up and we all know the climax was coming when the OP was playing. I'd actually love to see a second season of this but the feels with Harekaze...RIP.
Don't believe the hype.
Jun 25, 2016 3:57 PM

Mar 2015
If someone died or badly injured it'd be better.

I guess I can't expected that, it's too much to ask for.

They went with the Girl und Panzer's approach even they have more potential.

At least the sinking of Harakaze helps save the show a bit.

Why they left the virus's origin part? Do they hope to put it in the 2nd season?

or Did they just run of out time slot?

Overall, It's a fun ride but very damn ciche and predictable. 6-7/10
KotobakayaroJun 25, 2016 4:03 PM

Jun 25, 2016 4:02 PM

Jan 2011
well I'm going to be the one post so far that is direct opposite of everything above. I really really did not like this show. A rip of the all girl military cast shows before it and, imo, it just sucked. Hated the cast, there were a couple pieces of repeated music bits that were just so bad, wasn't cute, wasn't funny, and ship battles weren't great.

Again it all boils down to the cast for this show. Idk what it was exactly but damn I could not get behind these girls. They all were annoying and not cute. Obv this is not shared by the community at large (and I'm a moe/sol/cgdct fan).
Jun 25, 2016 5:12 PM

Dec 2011
They went with out with a bang. That was a good finale. >.<
Misaki finally seeing Moeka. That hug.

Very sad to see the Harekaze go down. I wish we get an OVA of an epilogue, where the Harekaze crew will all be awarded with honour or maybe even a new ship.

Fully enjoyed the series.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2016 6:24 PM

Mar 2014
skipped ep 9,10 and 11 then jumped right to watch the final ep 12. didn't feel anything lacking. 6/10
Jun 25, 2016 6:35 PM

Sep 2008
Definitely one of the better shows of the season. The animation was good, the battles were good and the ships were authentic. The plot wasn't too deep but hey this is a "moe girls on ships" show and they did a good job with what they had to work with. I was not expecting the ship to sink at the end. I would gladly watch a 2nd season but it probably won't happen. Anyway 8/10 and I'll miss this one.
Jun 25, 2016 7:36 PM

Jan 2011
one of the biggest surprises of the season for me expected just a CGDCT ended up with some plot! while it wasn't as serious as i wanted they made it work besides the silly virus aspect.

This show is follows the Girl und Panzer formula to the teeth so if you aren't a fan of that type show i can see how you could not end up liking this

7.5 ship waifus /10 will watch a season 2 for sure,Harekaze 2.0!
Jun 25, 2016 7:39 PM

Jun 2015
damn...even tho this anime isnt great or anything, since this is my type of anime i enjoyed it so much
it's nice to see Moka and Mike together again, and hell...that Harekaze sinking scene was beautiful
Jun 25, 2016 8:18 PM

Feb 2013
Man what happened to the hype that episode 11 left us with. Hypefuri sank in this episode :/ Was hoping for the Principal to bring out Yamato ; _ ; Nonetheless I gave it a 7.5/10 but MAL doesn't allow decimals so I'll round it down to 7/10.
Jun 25, 2016 8:52 PM

Oct 2012
One of the more surprising anime this season. I came in expecting an average SoL and got a very enjoyable anime.
the Yuri tones were a big plus in my book too
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jun 25, 2016 9:08 PM

May 2014
Another good anime ends

I love the Naval Warfare

I really like misaki in this episode

RIP Harekaze you have done a great job battling stronger ship than you
*salute*

Hope it get another season or an OVA that will show us what happened to the remaining mouse at the wild
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2016 9:24 PM
Jun 2016
Sudah kuduga harekaze tenggelam

Gua terharu..
Jun 25, 2016 10:04 PM

Dec 2015
This series was the real surprise for me this season, enjoyed it a lot.

Solid through all episodes, being for me the best this last episode.

Well deserved 9/10 for me
Jun 25, 2016 11:02 PM

Dec 2012
Perfect ending for the anime, I'm happy that the girls are all alive. The scene where the Harekaze sank was beautiful.
High School fleet is very good, I especially like the realism of the show and the different characters. Mike has fulfilled her role perfectly, I'm proud of her.
With Kiznaiver, High School fleet is my second surprise of the season. Very good anime.
Jun 25, 2016 11:04 PM
Jun 2009
Quite liked it. Interesting characters like Kouko and Wilhemina.

Some people compare it to Girls und Panzer, which for me was super cringe. I've worked on military vehicles before, and I've seen people working on tanks. I hated it when you have a small girl with a tiny tool in her hand doing "maintenance" solo. It's just plain dumb. Parts of tanks are so god damn heavy you need a full team or equipment to maintain, and it's never done solo. At least in Haifuri, you see people working together to hold off floods and other technical issues.

Animation wise, I was quite shocked at how they skimped out on a few frames around 10:10. What kind of shit job was that, like, even though it was a still frame, the quality didn't have to be sacrificed unless they ran into some production problems. Some re-used scenes in combat, but overall, I quite liked the animation. Probably a 6 or 7/10

Plotwise, it was interesting to have the rat virus thing, and the fact they haven't caught the culprits probably leaves room for season 2. Can't quite agree with Mogami though. Upotte was just... fanservice and tits everywhere. With no plot. At least this had some storyline. The initial review by iKlaris was also not too great but at least the final review was more fair. In particular I didn't like his breakdown of the plot in the initial review, because according to him, food by Gordon Ramsay would still be shit cos "it's only just proteins and carbs, there's nothing to it". Breaking down things into the elements too much doesn't mean a good review, since these elements are often required, and certain templates have to be followed. I think Haifuri did quite ok to have 1 major arc for the entire season, which allows for some filler arcs like the toilet paper shopping etc. Pacing was nice and relaxed at times, but fast enough during combat. Better than squeezing 2 arcs into 1 season.

With that many characters, too bad we won't get development for all, but for those that were covered, they were fun. Especially the Wilhemina Kouko combo with the yakuza speak. Having Kubo voice Shiretoko Rin was also quite a good move I guess. Pull in a famous seiyuu, and the character fits the voice too. I think Noma Machiko could have some more development though. Feels like a waste to call in Kobayashi Yuu and not have enough lines for her. Maron was just pure adorable especially during the festival episode.

Overall rating from me: 7/10 I guess.
It was a really fun and enjoyable series, one that I kept keeping an eye out for release dates. Plot was interesting but average (at least better than Kancolle though - that was painful to watch)
Animation is good when it matters, but for frames with not much motion, they probably didn't have to skimp on the quality that much.
Character voicing was great. Seiyuu matched with characters quite well, especially for the famous ones like Kobayashi Yuu, Kubo Yurika.
Would be great if they can get enough funding for a season 2. Other characters need some love too.
Jun 25, 2016 11:14 PM

Aug 2013
Definitely an underdog show of the season.

Kept tossing back and forth whether I was even going to pick this show up at the beginning of the season. The synopsis didn't really offer much insight, and I didn't know if I was getting into some GuP or KanColle type stuff or something entirely different.

Absolutely glad I picked it up and stuck through it. They balanced everything really well; managing to keep a relatively serious tone for most of the show, but not forgetting to break off into SoL and moe moments every now and again to give a character (or characters) some time develop themselves.

The naval battles were pretty cool, and although there were of course many fictional aspects of the show, they did seem to try and keep some semblance of a foothold in reality and realistic scenarios: the equipment always being strained/breaking, running out of supplies, manually aiming weapons and using tactical maneuvers, using naval jargon and communications and such. It just seemed like they did an excellent job of mixing in a fuck ton of very real naval aspects while still blending it with some lighthearted and silliness.

8/10 Definitely wouldn't mind another season. Kind of hard to top an epic final battle against an ally ship infected with a virus about ready to bombard civilian port areas, but if they can think of something I'd definitely watch it.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 9, 2016

230 by VonNaturAustreVe »»
Feb 25, 7:17 PM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2016

62 by wildhood »»
Aug 27, 2023 4:44 AM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 30, 2016

119 by Cyroro »»
Apr 14, 2023 3:38 AM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2016

57 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Sep 21, 2022 7:20 PM

Poll: » High School Fleet Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 4, 2016

65 by jasutin_hoshi »»
Sep 21, 2022 6:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.