Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Jul 1, 2016 10:55 PM
Jul 2018
Good episode. Like the colourful cast so far, with a bit of realism when an adult is dragged back into high school. Beginning parts felt a bit rushed but it got better.
Jul 1, 2016 10:58 PM
Jul 2015
It was very enjoyable. 4/5

Jul 1, 2016 11:31 PM

May 2015
dat cigarette scene lol, very very nostalgic for me
Jul 2, 2016 2:39 AM

Apr 2015
Awesome episode...
the characters are really well done, really love them...
the Art is beautiful too...
too bad it already finished in 1 day...
Jul 2, 2016 2:42 AM

Aug 2010
Quite the fun cast. Dat first day tho

Cigarettes and shit lol
Jul 2, 2016 3:05 AM

Dec 2014
Oohmahgawd, totally forgot about this, time to marathon. XD
Jul 2, 2016 7:34 AM

Jan 2014
I'm surprised that the whole series was released in one day! anyways; nice beginning, looks pretty decent for a slice of life anime. now: I wonder if I should watch the rest episodes in on-go...
Jul 2, 2016 8:32 AM

Jun 2013
Since I'm balancing a lot of Anime and non-Anime series, it might take me a while to finish all of ReLife's episodes.

Based on the first episode, what I can say is that I don't like the OP, it's too early 2000ish late 90s.

The comedy is pretty mild but it's still funny at some parts. I noticed that their uniform has a black band or something on the left sleeve. At first I thought only class reps had it but they all have it.

My favorite part was getting caught with the cigarettes. I'm also turning 28 this year like the MC in this series but the difference is I've been working since I was 19 years old so I don't relate to his struggle much. I'm guessing other than him and that other guy, there might be others in that school who were also hired by ReLife.

I'm going to try and watch as many of the succeeding episodes as much as I can. Is it normal for a series to be released as a complete batch? Has this happened with other series before?
臭い-
Jul 2, 2016 9:08 AM

May 2013
I was hoping Hanazawa Kana would be voicing Chizuru.. guess I was wrong :\
Jul 2, 2016 9:28 AM

Apr 2014
That is unbelievable; all episodes are already out? Never seen something like that... ^^

However, the first episode impressed me. Having seen it, I have the thought that it can be a very interesting story. And I still like Arata. ^^ Let's hope for the best.
"If the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
Jul 2, 2016 12:22 PM

Aug 2015
Episode 1 was great. Glad I gave this a shot, hopefully the rest of the episodes are as entertaining.
Jul 2, 2016 12:38 PM

Nov 2013
Not bad. I like how chill he was in the cigarette scene.

And the scene with his teacher, who is younger than him, was nice.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jul 2, 2016 2:56 PM
Jun 2013
Was a good start, not perfect but not bad either.
Hope the other episodes are quite similar in terms of entertainment.
Oh and I can't help feeling that that other transfer student is an adult as well. Just some intuition, might be far off here, or maybe it's what the director wants me to think but yeah, I get some kind of feeling here.
Jul 2, 2016 3:42 PM

Dec 2009
7/10 I guess. As a manga fan (since Jan 19, 2015) who's up to date.

On-Time-Watch-Reaction | The art IMO is kind of lazy compared to the manga where it's constant and not bland in the distance, it doesn't look as HQ as the manga.
Arata's voice I imagined would be close to this kind of handsome voice but a little less high and a little more rough or slightly mature in a assertive way.

... Surprisingly they skipped the whole conversation of the pill and Arata not being sure of wanting it. It killed off the surprise of the story and it's beginning already. Because they used it as flashbacks to explain it but ... too fast paced for me. Killed the whole opening of the story IMO.

The Opening is lame. Doesn't feel like ReLIFE.
... The art is too light for ReLIFE's HQ mature art IMO. So much that their design is off in accuracy of their looks.
Yoake's voice is kind of what I expected. But less ... normal, and more high spirited in voice than I imagined. Yoake's serious tone is great which I didn't expect because that isn't the voice or tone I imagined. I saw it more scary in the manga.
Although Arata's more serious/honest or pissed side is pretty much what I imagined. The comedy in the anime is too goofy to how the manga felt like. ... The teacher is close to what I imagined. Hishiro's voice I imagined a softer higher voice. The scenes are cut off and fast paced without any focus or intense feeling of Arata's inside thoughts which is disappointing. Kariu's voice sounds about right. Oga not the voice I imagined. I expected more of a spirited kind voice and not this goofy one. Damn Ona is completely not what I imagined. A total dumb voice. I imagined a mature young lady voice.
On second though of hearing more: voice-wise Arata has his moments that feel right as I said. Kariu to some extent. Oga now does as well. An had hers as well on her second line.

The dramatic moments of his past trauma is pretty well done. ... The ED is too light as well.

... Conclusion to my Opinion as a manga fan.
Way too fast paced. A lot of in depth moments of Arata's inside thoughts or insecurity/flashbacks were lost. A lot of the voices weren't what I imagined but some close to some extent. The mood of comedy isn't what I felt ReLIFE has in the manga. Although it does have a few moments. The art is really disappointing but whatever. The Opening and Ending song doesn't feel like ReLIFE to me either.
Some characters (An especially & Yoake a little felt off at first) but anyway, I'll see the rest.

Basically. It was disappointing but I enjoyed it.
waalex11Jul 2, 2016 3:46 PM
Jul 2, 2016 3:59 PM

Sep 2015
I liked it but it seems many people say it's rushed. Will have to read it on cruncyroll since I like the story to get more in depthed
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Jul 2, 2016 4:09 PM
May 2016
How many times do you accept random pill off stranger in back alley drunk ?
Jul 2, 2016 4:27 PM

Dec 2012
I found Arata's clumsiness very funny
Jul 2, 2016 4:51 PM

Dec 2015
Glasses girl (other transfer student) might be a older person that used the drug as well. Nice 1st episode - chars seem okay and the setting is interesting. Main is not annoying.
Jul 2, 2016 9:30 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Interesting premise.
Jul 3, 2016 4:39 AM

May 2015
The concept of this anime looks rather nice. We go to see what it reserves us afterward with this adult lost in the middle of the high school students. :D
Jul 3, 2016 7:26 AM

Jul 2011
lol the first episode was so interesting!!!

As a 25 year old guy i can relate to the MC so much, but well i got a job, so....
Jul 3, 2016 8:22 AM

Jul 2012
Oh hm. I was under the impression that he would actually go back in time and go to the same high school with same classmates and 'fix' stuff he messed up on before. Like Erased.

Now, it's a bit...Uninteresting tbh. It's just like...A typical high school show. Well, it's too early for me to judge so I'll refrain from saying anything else. Comedy is nice.

Ono Kensho + KimRyo combo is really nice to listen to. Props to them.
Jul 3, 2016 8:32 AM

Apr 2014
Fai said:
The moment the (still 27 mentally) MC starts having any romantic interactions with highschoolers, this will go to the trash bin. I see where you are taking this , Japan. NOPE.

I'm hoping things get awkward with the teacher.
---------My Profile------------
Jul 3, 2016 11:47 AM

Feb 2015
17 Again the Anime, just what I expected haha. OST ain't bad, though the presentation could be better. Could be a fun ride.
Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself.
Jul 3, 2016 5:49 PM

Nov 2014
Lol at pack of cigarettes.

Jul 3, 2016 6:03 PM
Sep 2013
This could either be a fag loser wish-fulfillment living in a fantasy world where he can go back in timer and stop being a loser, or it could have some deeper and/or philosophical themes.
Jul 3, 2016 6:19 PM

Jul 2014
loving this jazzy soundtrack
Jul 4, 2016 6:03 AM

Nov 2015
Good episode, bringing cigarettes to a class? Now that's a thug life lol jk. Looking forward to it, since manga readers said it's good.

Jul 4, 2016 6:01 PM

Jul 2010
Wings said:
Fai said:
The moment the (still 27 mentally) MC starts having any romantic interactions with highschoolers, this will go to the trash bin. I see where you are taking this , Japan. NOPE.

I'm hoping things get awkward with the teacher.

I want to see a teacher romance so bad I mean he's actually closer to her age mentally and then after a year I guess the pills effect will wear off so he's back to his age again so go for her instead.
Jul 4, 2016 10:53 PM

May 2013
Yoake!!! I love you *-*
Good first episode. I already read the webtoon and I loved it. I'll see all episode together :D
Jul 5, 2016 9:41 AM

Aug 2015
Nice first episode for me as an anime-only viewer, kek love how Arata displays his old man mannerisms in class especially that cig in class is a no no for a highschool stud and that attempt to hit that homeroom adviser after class is just topkek, anyway looks like there's so many characters to look forward to and that subject no. 001, I really do hope it's not what I think it is.
Jul 5, 2016 9:42 AM

Apr 2015
I'm gonna watch this weekly(if I do watch this that is), no time to marathon now

Rather cringey situations TBH, MC's reactions were...well frustrating.

But has potential
Jul 5, 2016 10:35 AM

Mar 2015
Not bad for a first episode. Twas funny.
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Jul 5, 2016 3:24 PM

Sep 2013
Really fun 1st episode. I like that this show will appeal to people of varying ages, but for different reasons. As a person who graduated high school a LONG time ago, it's really cool seeing the MC suddenly appear in a situation that was once familiar and now is anything but. I imagine experiencing high school (or any other period from one's childhood) would be an fascinating experience and that it would probably not turn out as one might expect!!!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jul 6, 2016 3:17 AM
May 2012
This is reminding me of My Boss My Hero. Waifu homeroom teacher!
Let's see how this goes.
Jul 6, 2016 6:19 AM

Jul 2009
LOL, it was fun, poor Arata, it's hard being a student!
Jul 6, 2016 2:08 PM

Dec 2012
That was fantastic. I can tell this is going to be my AOTS (well, technically finished airing but hey), this is like the ultimate fantasy once you hit the mid twenties.
Jul 6, 2016 2:55 PM

Feb 2008
An intriguing premise (one that I cannot hope but to somewhat relate to). The cast seems rather excellent as well. This ranks as one of my most anticipated shows this season, so I will go ahead and marathon the thirteen episodes as soon as possible. Or rather, if I have finished, I will properly get down to choosing my picks for this season.

If only a single pill were a sufficient of a solution to all one's problems in real life...
Jul 7, 2016 4:19 AM

May 2012
I love the concept already! Looking forward to see what this anime will have to offer!
Jul 7, 2016 12:49 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
I really like the concept this show has. As someone who had a horrible time in high school thanks to bullying, lack of self confidence and immaturity, this is something that really strikes a chord with me.

The start itself was decent. It was entertaining in some parts, in others I found it kind of boring. The character designs are pretty basic, nothing has really stood out to me, save for the girl with glasses. I do like the teacher though, I'd love to see the MC start a relationship with her. It's likely too, because starting a relationship with a high schooler at 27 would be considered creepy.

I did like the MC, at least he's got some personality. I enjoy the culture shock he has too. Looking forward to seeing more.
Jul 8, 2016 8:49 AM

Jan 2016
Summer's gonna be good, guys
"Kariu, the cougher" LMAO
Jul 8, 2016 10:47 AM

Jun 2015
Nice start, tons of ships ready to sail. I hope this will be the first non-comedy this year that doesn't disappoint me.
Jul 9, 2016 5:03 AM
Dec 2009
I'm about the same age as Kaizaki and why my life is far from perfect I can't imagine what it would be like going back to high school... definitely gonna keep watching to see what happens!
Jul 9, 2016 5:27 AM

Mar 2015
This interests me because I too am 27 this year. Not a NEET though! Nice first episode, laughed a lot cause I could relate if that were to happen to me too!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 10, 2016 6:29 AM

May 2016
For a second i thought he will date his teacher xD This anime looks really great, better than Orange (imo) that is airing now
Jul 10, 2016 8:07 PM

Jun 2014
lol "4th seat, window row." They know theyre following cliche.

I assume Yoake was probably Subject #1. I also wouldnt be surprised if the whole class were part of/know about the experiment
m-i-c-h-a-e-lJul 10, 2016 8:12 PM
Jul 11, 2016 7:47 AM

Jun 2015
The pilot looked promising. A relatable MC (he and I are about the same age and in similar life situations), the characters look interesting and realistic, the show is easy to follow and it's not confusing like some similar shows I've seen... I'm definitely watching more of this.

I respect your opinion as long as you respect mine.
Jul 12, 2016 3:15 AM
Mar 2012
Didn't read manga but obviously very rushed, barely explored his neet life & even skipped straight to being young & in hs suddenly. Art ok. Saved by so many good seiyuus, and mc's monologues are funny & he got so many embarassing moments make me not want to remember hs.
Looks like a youth pill but doesn't turn back time, from the mom conversations. Will he get "choked" too if he mentions his secret situation lol? Or that a ptsd thing he has.
Jul 13, 2016 9:56 PM
May 2016
I didn't think it will be this good!!! Another good story for slice of life genre, thank God :)
Jul 16, 2016 2:37 PM

Jun 2010
Kinda good first episode, but needed something more since it was the 1st episode.
The class scene was funny tho.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» Moving to manga after season 1?

TechniqueGod - Mar 15

13 by Xionrave »»
Mar 26, 9:20 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 28, 2016

519 by GrantLloyd »»
Jan 30, 9:06 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

90 by Miki42 »»
Jan 7, 10:30 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 28, 2016

95 by WELLERM »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:55 AM

Poll: » ReLIFE Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

GoldenDevilGamer - Jun 27, 2016

120 by WELLERM »»
Dec 15, 2023 7:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.