Forum Settings
Forums

Additional List Stats and Generated "You might like"

New
Jun 25, 2016 2:48 AM

Aug 2015
I've always wanted to know how much percent of my list falls into a Genre, Year, Company, etc. For example, if Btooom!, Monster, and Psycho Pass were the only anime on a list, Psychological would be at 100% and so on, and it would adjust with your list. This also makes Auto-Generated suggestions easier because it could use a weighted scale according to your anime scores and what criteria you emphasize. So if someone could add such stats besides the current monitoring status for said anime, that would be an amazing feature.
“There is no greater danger than underestimating your opponent.”Lao Tzu

Jun 25, 2016 3:18 AM

Apr 2014
@LogicalInjustice
Use MalGraph.
Haters always gonna hate.
Jun 25, 2016 3:22 AM

Aug 2015

LogicalInjustice said:
I've always wanted to know how much percent of my list falls into a Genre, Year, Company, etc. For example, if Btooom!, Monster, and Psycho Pass were the only anime on a list, Psychological would be at 100% and so on, and it would adjust with your list.

Still referring to that, MalGraph does not apply.
Already used it, along other tools.
@Rayzer
LogicalInjusticeJun 25, 2016 3:27 AM

Jun 25, 2016 3:28 AM

Apr 2014
All of it was there on MalGraph, except year.
Explore that site more.
Jun 25, 2016 3:38 AM

Aug 2015
But there still isn't an option to get recommendations based on your favorites via weighted score. The current Mal recommendation system is based on what others say, without a generated alternative. It's possible, and i think people would actually use it. There will always be subjectivity, but almost all of the them do not take "context" into consideration.

Jun 25, 2016 5:52 AM

Apr 2014
LogicalInjustice said:
But there still isn't an option to get recommendations based on your favorites via weighted score.

Then you just diverted from your original suggestion.
Jun 25, 2016 7:32 AM

Jun 2015
Its useless, MALgraph has most of it, and if you want recs that aren't even that reliable imo, then go to anime-planet. That place has them.

And ofc theres MALgraph, which is quite useful.

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
Jun 25, 2016 9:32 AM

Oct 2014
LogicalInjustice said:
But there still isn't an option to get recommendations based on your favorites via weighted score. The current Mal recommendation system is based on what others say, without a generated alternative. It's possible, and i think people would actually use it. There will always be subjectivity, but almost all of the them do not take "context" into consideration.
There is one, but it doesn't work too well as for anyone with a mean lower than the global mean it will give a higher weight to the anime in their PTW (and dropped, if they don't rate them) than the anime in their completed list. Although this is an intended feature, I think removing it would make the recommendations much more accurate. In addition to MALGraph there's also Witch Effect which offers some other features absent from MALGraph.
Jun 25, 2016 12:03 PM

Aug 2015
That would be a great start @zombie_pegasus to make the existing system more accurate.

More topics from this board

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
6 hours ago

» Reply button should show text that will be quoted.

Euthymia_Gerv - Apr 15

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Yesterday, 10:22 AM

» @ sign spam/attack

kuroneko99 - Apr 16

3 by Jhiday »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

» Preview for "About Me" section

NubFix - Mar 24, 2022

5 by NubFix »»
Apr 16, 10:16 PM

» Could MAL match users with the most similar watched anime and ratings?

mur_koshka - Apr 7

4 by mur_koshka »»
Apr 16, 1:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.