Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 26, 2016 3:28 AM

Jun 2014
yeah, hundreds of people can use one account at once at the same time
Jun 26, 2016 3:32 AM

Jun 2014
Crunchyroll is good for me because I'm a privileged North American and I get basically every show on there, it doesn't lag for me when I use firefox or console/mobile, they have good technical support and the quality is definitely higher than kiss, but not torrenting, but more convenient definitely, makes it actually possible for me to watch long running shows because of autoplay feature.

If OP isn't in NA or UK than probably not worth it, but if you just want to support the industry like me and get a few benefits as well, then I recommend it.

First person to redeem my guest pass for Crunchyroll gets a 48 hour pass because I'm not gonna use it anyway, HGWHCTWFFKE
Jun 26, 2016 3:35 AM

Jul 2015
My problem with legal streaming sites like crunchyroll is that they sometimes cut scenes from the episodes
YES, they really do that. For example, there was an anime where an episode had a certain song in it, and apparently it´s lyrics resembled copyrighted music, so they just cut the whole part with the song in it.
I don´t want to see a butchered ersion of the original. It´s disrespectful towards viewers and content-creators. And I like even less that they don't inform the viewers that the episode has been cut. It's the same as with steam.
Only reason why I have crunchyroll is because it does support a few anime a season. For the rest, I just use kissanime and if I like a show, I buy the dvd/blu-ray
addioo12Jun 26, 2016 4:57 AM
It's okay to smirk

Jun 26, 2016 3:41 AM

Jan 2016
My deciding factor for this is if Kissanime gets shutdown once the Pirate hunter starts. If it does than I will do it. For all I know it might not get shutdown at all or it might get shutdown temporarily. I am not exactly impressed by how much anime CrunchyRoll has compared to kissanime. I don't want to subscribe to it only to get disappointed. I won't get CrunchyRoll unless I am absolutely forced to.
Ratchetdude231Jun 26, 2016 3:58 AM

Jun 26, 2016 3:42 AM

Jan 2016
You said:
Should we pay for "The Archer class is really made up of Archers?" Hell no.

Is it really made up of Archers though lol.

Jun 26, 2016 3:43 AM

Dec 2014
ultravigo said:
their video player sucks it freezes every 40 sec. for me. I tried watching several times in their website still they don't seems to improve their laggy and slow as hell video player

Is not their player, is your shitty internet connection. I have no problems even on the 1080Hp, but my country's internet infrastructure is top quality.
Jun 26, 2016 3:45 AM

Aug 2015
kronopy said:
ultravigo said:
their video player sucks it freezes every 40 sec. for me. I tried watching several times in their website still they don't seems to improve their laggy and slow as hell video player

Is not their player, is your shitty internet connection. I have no problems even on the 1080Hp, but my country's internet infrastructure is top quality.

well it's about internet then why every website i go to play flawlessly in HD quality?so much for a 1st world country company which can't even put a decent video player
ultravigoJun 26, 2016 4:12 AM
Jun 26, 2016 3:55 AM

Jun 2014
Ratchetdude231 said:
My deciding factor for this is if Kissanime gets shutdown once the Pirate hunter starts. If it does than I will do it. For all I know it might not get shutdown at all or it might get shutdown temporarily. I am not exactly impressed by how much anime they have. I don't want to subscribe to it only to get disappointed. I won't get CrunchyRoll unless I am absolutely forced to.

That Japanese announcement of taking down pirating was only for those in their own country providing raw rips, kissanime gets 90% of their streams from ripping Crunchyroll/Funimation subs and video, so they won't lose their sorce provider. And Kissanime is based in the .to domain, so they can't take them down through just Japan.
Jun 26, 2016 4:09 AM

Apr 2016
yes crunchyroll is good quality I used it more often.
Yosh, i heard that rumors. Japanese hiring hacker to shut down those website.
u'll never understood how the feel to be me. When the boundaries limit me to express or share my feeling. When u want to explain the truth but
you are not allowed to. When u need someone to
talk but u can't say anything
Jun 26, 2016 4:13 AM

Jan 2016
Jerkhov said:
Ratchetdude231 said:
My deciding factor for this is if Kissanime gets shutdown once the Pirate hunter starts. If it does than I will do it. For all I know it might not get shutdown at all or it might get shutdown temporarily. I am not exactly impressed by how much anime they have. I don't want to subscribe to it only to get disappointed. I won't get CrunchyRoll unless I am absolutely forced to.

That Japanese announcement of taking down pirating was only for those in their own country providing raw rips, kissanime gets 90% of their streams from ripping Crunchyroll/Funimation subs and video, so they won't lose their sorce provider. And Kissanime is based in the .to domain, so they can't take them down through just Japan.

What happens to the other 10 percent that aren't from crunchyroll/funimation? Kissanime getting shutdown is pretty much out of the question though Right?

Jun 26, 2016 4:20 AM
Nov 2014
CR is shit unless you live in the USA, and even then illegal sites are still better.
And you don't need to worry about illegal streaming sites disappearing, because they won't. Japan tried to shut them down many times, and failed just as many times.
Jun 26, 2016 4:23 AM

Jun 2014
Ratchetdude231 said:
Jerkhov said:

What happens to the other 10 percent that aren't from crunchyroll/funimation? Kissanime getting shutdown is pretty much out of the question though Right?

They'll still likely be available on the direct fansubber's sites, kissanime just hosts them, even in the incredibly unlikely scenario it does get taken down another site will be made similar to it and the content will be moved to there, kiss has already been shutdown once by the way, hence why they aren't .com anymore.
Jun 26, 2016 4:29 AM

Oct 2014
Well Crunchyroll is good except for the ones who don't live in the US or UK thanks to bullshit licenses.
Daisuki also has some shows in their catalogue that CR doesn't have.

Although it might be the best to just buy the blu-ray if you can afford it.
Jun 26, 2016 4:59 AM

Jul 2015
Bourmegar said:
Well Crunchyroll is good except for the ones who don't live in the US or UK thanks to bullshit licenses.

But they alter and cut content, so are you really okay with calling crunchyroll good?
It's okay to smirk

Jun 26, 2016 5:10 AM

Oct 2014
addioo12 said:
Bourmegar said:

But they alter and cut content, so are you really okay with calling crunchyroll good?

Yes I am but in the end, buying the DVD/Blu-Ray is still the best in the end.

Although I live in europe.....
Jun 26, 2016 7:41 AM

Jun 2007
addioo12 said:
My problem with legal streaming sites like crunchyroll is that they sometimes cut scenes from the episodes
YES, they really do that. For example, there was an anime where an episode had a certain song in it, and apparently its lyrics resembled copyrighted music, so they just cut the whole part with the song in it.
I don´t want to see a butchered version of the original. It´s disrespectful towards viewers and content-creators. And I like even less that they don't inform the viewers that the episode has been cut. It's the same as with steam.
What show/episode was that? Before blaming CR, I'd blame the absurdities of international music rights licensing. It's quite possible that the Japanese producers were able to license the song for a reasonable price in Japan, but the North American reproduction rights were prohibitively expensive. See also songs like: Girls on Film (Speed Grapher), Falling Down (Eden of the East), I've Got A Feeling (Beck), Wonderful World (Vandread), Lily Marlene (Strike Witches), and whatever Russian song showed up in Girls und Panzer.

And hey, I thought Steam was the ultimate gold standard in digital distribution and could do no wrong...
Jun 26, 2016 1:45 PM
Jun 2016
chruncyroll is shit, you got advertisment beore the opening, after the opening, half of the show, before the ending, and after the ending. What's more annoying is that after an ad the video will go buffer again

So i suggest you to download Animania in android
Jun 26, 2016 3:26 PM

Dec 2012
If you live in the USA it's worth it, they pick up a lot of good shows each season. Anywhere else, probably not.

chruncyroll is shit, you got advertisment beore the opening, after the opening, half of the show, before the ending, and after the ending. What's more annoying is that after an ad the video will go buffer again

That's the free service, there are no ads for Premium members who pay a subscription. Unless you're talking about the cellphone Ap, I don't use that very often so I can't say. I do recall it having a log in though so if you are a premium member it should work like the website.
KruszerJun 26, 2016 3:42 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jun 26, 2016 6:00 PM

Jul 2015
Zalis said:
addioo12 said:
YES, they really do that. For example, there was an anime where an episode had a certain song in it, and apparently its lyrics resembled copyrighted music, so they just cut the whole part with the song in it.
I don´t want to see a butchered version of the original. It´s disrespectful towards viewers and content-creators. And I like even less that they don't inform the viewers that the episode has been cut. It's the same as with steam.
What show/episode was that? Before blaming CR, I'd blame the absurdities of international music rights licensing. It's quite possible that the Japanese producers were able to license the song for a reasonable price in Japan, but the North American reproduction rights were prohibitively expensive. See also songs like: Girls on Film (Speed Grapher), Falling Down (Eden of the East), I've Got A Feeling (Beck), Wonderful World (Vandread), Lily Marlene (Strike Witches), and whatever Russian song showed up in Girls und Panzer.

And hey, I thought Steam was the ultimate gold standard in digital distribution and could do no wrong...

The problem isnt just that they cut it, but that they don't inform you that something was cut and why it was cut. I don't remember what show it was, and I don't really care either, but what if they start cutting other stuff as well? You wouldn't know, since they don't tell you, so you might miss out on important things or little details that set the right mood for the series.

And steam is absolutely the same. They censor games that are intended for 18+ audiences. Why the hell would they do that? The target audience is old enough ti see nudity and extreme gore, so why censor it? Not everyone is tech-savvy enough to patch his censored games to get the real game-experience. Just fucking steam
It's okay to smirk

Jun 26, 2016 9:11 PM

Nov 2014
Kagami said:
what, really? I didn't know about that.

Jun 26, 2016 9:19 PM

Jun 2014
ExTemplar said:
Kagami said:

Yeah. Unlike Netflix, there is no limit. Its easily abusable.
Jun 26, 2016 9:24 PM

May 2016
Ratchetdude231 said:
Out of fear of all this bullshit about Japan shutting down our favorite illegal anime streaming/downloading sites I am considering investing in CrunchyRoll's premium service. Interestingly enough I thought the premium service costs 11 dollars a month but it turns that an entire year of Premium only costs 60 bucks. I have the money to spend but is it worth it and how much anime is on CrunchyRoll does it at least come close to being as good as Kissanime and those illegal sites.

Crunchyroll used to be better than most: quality and they weren't so harsh on adblocker too. Now, it seems that they are trying to be more strict on adblock, so yea, kissanime or animeshow would be good alternatives.
Jun 27, 2016 12:45 AM
Jul 2018
Not if you live anywhere but North America and don't have enough moola to pay dat subscription fee
Jun 27, 2016 2:30 AM

Jul 2015
ExTemplar said:
Kagami said:
is your signature supposed to tick people off, or did you really dislike those great shows so much?
It's okay to smirk

Jun 27, 2016 7:49 AM

Nov 2014
addioo12 said:
ExTemplar said:
is your signature supposed to tick people off, or did you really dislike those great shows so much?
use a different place to talk off topic

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What are your thoughts on harem anime?

BuddhaIsBetter - 8 seconds ago

0 by BuddhaIsBetter »»
8 seconds ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - 10 hours ago

27 by Mishiia »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Spring 2024 my fav anime lineup yet! What is your fav series that is going under the radar?

rohan121 - 7 hours ago

12 by Thanatos1 »»
6 minutes ago

» Describe your anime watching as one sentence.

LenRea - Apr 11

33 by Coaghim »»
8 minutes ago

Poll: » Does your first ever favourite anime(s) still holds a place in your favs?

NubFix - 9 hours ago

37 by Tabbs919 »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.