Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 24, 2016 3:25 PM
May 2016
Is it harmful to clean your monitor to much? (I'm using a piece of cloth and some cleaning stuff that i bought from a pc store)
Jun 24, 2016 3:28 PM

Jan 2013
Zaldun said:
Is it harmful to clean your monitor to much? (I'm using a piece of cloth and some cleaning stuff that i bought from a pc store)
As long as you don't push so hard that you damage the screen there's not really any downside to cleaning your monitor. I wouldn't recommend using anything other than good ol H2O on any screen that isn't made of pure glass though. I'm not really sure how effective/efficient cleaning products from PC stores are compared to it.
Jun 24, 2016 3:35 PM
May 2016
Syrup- said:
Zaldun said:
As long as you don't push so hard that you damage the screen there's not really any downside to cleaning your monitor. I wouldn't recommend using anything other than good ol H2O on any screen that isn't made of pure glass though. I'm not really sure how effective/efficient cleaning products from PC stores are compared to it.

Thanks, i was afraid i would ruin it if i cleaned it to much.
Jun 24, 2016 8:16 PM

Oct 2015
If you don't press too hard it should be fine, what I always do is get a micro fiber cloth and get part of it damp, not dripping wet, just damp. then I carefully clean the screen off. Then I use the dry part of it to dry off the screen.

If it's just dust you may not need anything damp but there's been times where I've opened coke near my laptop and when the tab went down and a little coke sprayed out and got on the screen, there's been others times when I sneezed before I could turn my head so I then had to clean off my monitor.
Jun 24, 2016 10:36 PM

Jan 2013
MattKitsune96 said:
If you don't press too hard it should be fine, what I always do is get a micro fiber cloth and get part of it damp, not dripping wet, just damp. then I carefully clean the screen off. Then I use the dry part of it to dry off the screen.

If it's just dust you may not need anything damp but there's been times where I've opened coke near my laptop and when the tab went down and a little coke sprayed out and got on the screen, there's been others times when I sneezed before I could turn my head so I then had to clean off my monitor.
I keep my cleaning cloth on my desk at all times for these situations.
Jun 25, 2016 2:21 AM

Dec 2015
Its depends whether you monitor is glossy or matte,
if it is glossy, use a microfiber cloth. If it is matte use a slightly damp towel then proceed to dry with a dry one
WAKE ME UP
Jun 30, 2016 3:36 PM
Jun 2016
I use always microfiber cloth that designed specially for monitor, it works really well

More topics from this board

» Sega's Golden Axe video games series gets a cartoon adaptation

tchitchouan - Yesterday

2 by DesuMaiden »»
4 hours ago

» Out of all the Mario games which did you play the most recently

KiraraFan - Apr 9

25 by SnipeStrike »»
4 hours ago

» What videogame consoles do you own?

SnipeStrike - Yesterday

18 by FanofAction »»
4 hours ago

» total games on your steam library

deg - Feb 22

46 by Firwik_Howlo »»
6 hours ago

» favorite pokemon ( 1 2 )

Fang_Tooth - Jan 21, 2023

55 by Firwik_Howlo »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.