Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jun 24, 2016 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
What an episode! Everyone gathered together for the grand fight. Hakumen also finally shows more weakness and his defeat was pretty much imminent. Quite an episode this turned out to be. With the buildup and fighting after everything, I'm glad to see him being defeated at long last.

This was favorite episode of the season and it happens to be the finale lol. Hamburger is serious business
Stark700Jun 24, 2016 9:41 AM
Jun 24, 2016 8:13 AM

Sep 2013
It should be illegal to air anime episodes this sad two days in a row.
Goodbye for good Ushio & Tora, I'm going to miss this series but it never overstayed it's welcome at least.
Jun 24, 2016 8:29 AM

Apr 2014
Holy fuck that final fight was beautiful

From start to finish, this anime was one hell of a roller coaster of emotions

I had a feeling that Tora was going to vanish in this episode, but it was still painful to watch

I guess it's time to read the manga

OrangeJPJun 24, 2016 8:37 AM

Jun 24, 2016 8:37 AM

Jan 2015
The feels are real. What a great anime and a perfect way to end it.
Jun 24, 2016 8:41 AM

Jan 2015
Wow, Ushio's parents finally "reunited". It's so lovely to see them, it makes me so happy.
AND I suppose it's the only "happy" moment in this episode.
Overall this episode was perfect. Everyone get to obtain what's best for them, like Saya and Kirio.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 24, 2016 8:44 AM
Jul 2018
The final fight was beautiful!

Ushio's parents finally reunited!
Jun 24, 2016 8:45 AM
May 2012
so did...Thora come back at the end...or not? :(
Jun 24, 2016 8:50 AM

Jul 2014
The feels hit me like a truck in this finale..what a roller coaster indeed. This was the perfect way to end the anime. 8.5/10
Jun 24, 2016 8:53 AM

May 2010
wow the second season was stellar! Such epic action scenes in the first half and then massive wave of feels in the second :D
Jun 24, 2016 9:26 AM

Sep 2013
Hakumen is yin and humans are yan, hakumen was scared, jealous and hateful but in the end he wanted to be a human :'(
Hakumen s defeated by Tora sacrificing himself and Ushio is saved by the beast spear spirits coming into him.

Japan is savd by all the yokai turning to stone and becoming t's pillars, but all ends well since yokai can come back from the afterlife including Tora :) 8/10
Jun 24, 2016 9:37 AM

Sep 2012
This how you end an anime! Such an epic ride this was!!!

Some questions :

Did the anime cover the whole manga?
At the end we can hear Ushio and Tora talking...? Tora alive?
What happens between Asako and Tora?
Will there be season 3?

Damn man, loved this anime :(
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2016 9:42 AM
Jun 2008
Didn't you guys hear what the narrator said at the end !?

Human came to earth and die.
Youkai reborn
Jun 24, 2016 9:54 AM

Feb 2015
HOLY FUCK THAT WAS SO DAMN BEAUTIFUL..

Also I do wish we got some closure on Ushio and Asako (Maybe even holding hands) that part I wished they changed from the manga..
But regardless this was an amazing ride, I cannot tell you how hard it was to watch this with my door open it had me nearly in tears..

5/5

9/10 (May have to bump it up and add to my Favs)
Jun 24, 2016 9:56 AM

Jan 2008
Great finale to a great anime. I really liked the anime even if they skipped some parts of the manga.

oZi4Ever said:
This how you end an anime! Such an epic ride this was!!!

Some questions :

Will there be season 3?

The anime skipped some arcs, but finished the story.
Tora was reborn at the end.
Between Asako and Tora? You probably mean Ushio? We do not know, but they eventually end up togehter.
Story is finished. No 3rd season.

Another adaption of a manga from Kazuhiro Fujita would be great. Karakuri Circus or Gekkou Jourei need an adaption
Jun 24, 2016 10:15 AM

Mar 2013
Oh dear god that was an emotional ending. Hakumen no mono is finally defeated but in that fight we find out that hakumen wished to be born human. Tora unfortunately passed on as well making this truly heartbreaking for so many reasons. With Hakumen destroyed the Youkai decided to become a pillar of stone (maybe several pillars to be precise) to prevent japan from sinking but not all of the youkai became a stone pillar several youkai had to stay. Omamori is now on the other side of that gate but at least she wont be alone as we see Saya's mom waiting for her. Ushio didn't become a beast after all the beast spear was destroyed and Mayuko tears up when ever she hears the word hambuger (because she misses tora).

one thing that did surprise me was there was nothing with Asako and ushio in fact we don't see her until the very end and even then she doesn't say anything. I thought if anything they would have said that Ushio and Asako were finally going out but I guess that was implied in the previous episodes already not sure though.
Jun 24, 2016 10:16 AM

Jun 2014
Not a bad finale. I liked how Hakumen got some nice development right before he died that ended up making him not seem all that bad. There was a legit reason (kind of a fucked up reason though) for his actions, and it wasn't some dumb crap like being evil just for the sake of being evil. I wasn't surprised about Tora disappearing and Ushio being saved from becoming a beast, and Tora even came back at the end so that was kind of cool. Overall, it looks like everyone got a happy ending.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 24, 2016 11:04 AM

Aug 2010
Damn!! The feelz right now are too much. And I just finished AssClass's ep. My tear gland are dried up ;_;

Beautiful ending. Pretty satisfied with Hakumen's end (What was her(?) name tho ): ) That moment when Hakumen's voice went all mysterious and beauty was sad.

RIP Tora ;_; The last pierce thru Hakumen was epic. Loved the art on Hakumen this ep so much.

And then all those Youkai replacing Hakumen as the pillar :( Anyway so happy for Ushio that he lives with his mom now. Great ending.

8.5 for this season. Much better than S1. I NEED DAT OST!!!
Jun 24, 2016 11:10 AM

Aug 2014
The feels...Oh the feels

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
Jun 24, 2016 11:34 AM
Apr 2014
And Of course Hakumen is defeated by the power of shonen MCs.
Hakumen wanted to be a freaking baby ??? that was a pretty nice ambiguous end for him.
Pretty lackluster ending, just quickly wrapping up things, we didn't even get to see Ushio and Asako properly end up together even though they've been annoying us with i throught the entire series
Of course Tora dies, it would've been sadder if he actually stayed, he has no business staying.
Story was generic and predictable and characters were pretty boring for the most part aside from based smug generator Hakumen, and Tora, overall I guess it was somewhat entertaining, 5/10.
Jun 24, 2016 12:06 PM

Jul 2015
Damn. I cried hard when Tora died. Definitely one of the best final episodes of the season. Ushio and Tora will be missed!
Jun 24, 2016 12:10 PM

Aug 2012
That was perfect, pretty much everything I hoped it would be. Loved how things were tied together, like Tora's 500 year seal and using that to defeat Hakumen. I also liked the open ended conclusion, we're sure the two will be reunited but it definitely left more impact this way.

And yeah, I agree that two episodes like this within 24 hours should not be legal, I have no feels left to feel.
Jun 24, 2016 12:46 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Now that is how you end an anime. Great final battle scenes and all loose ends tied together. And yeah, Tora's death was really well done. It was hard for they eyes to stay dry.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 24, 2016 12:48 PM

Apr 2013
It's over, a perfect ending, and I'm sad 8(. But it was just as I thought, that was beautiful. Hit me right there. I secretly wish I stuck with the anime blind and waited to the end to read the manga, but at the same time, I'm glad I got more into it when I did. It's been fun, a whole lot of fun.

Now all I gotta do is wait for a dub. It's gotta happen, Sentai. Have to release it someday, and I want it.

KaitoKief said:
oZi4Ever said:
Will there be season 3?

The anime skipped some arcs, but finished the story.
Tora was reborn at the end.
Between Asako and Tora? You probably mean Ushio? We do not know, but they eventually end up togehter.
Story is finished. No 3rd season.

For the bolded, it's not known when he got reborn, though. It's to happen, but not for a while, most likely.

But I like the thought of Asako and Tora having more moments together. After all, if Ushio and Asako pretty much end up together (which seems to be the case), then the two would have to get along as well. Kind of a shame we never did get more Asako and Tora moments after the ayakashi story. He seems to not mind her anyway (I think her bickering with Ushio entertains or amuses him judging from the cut stories in the manga).
Lil-BirdJun 24, 2016 12:54 PM
Jun 24, 2016 1:21 PM
Feb 2015
I haven't cried over the end of an anime in a very long time... loosing Tora was just so sad šŸ˜­
Jun 24, 2016 1:28 PM
Jul 2018
What a show it was! From the starting to end,every moments were amazing.
I will really missed this series very much...
Jun 24, 2016 2:10 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
First Ansatsu, now this! Damn feels T_T

5/5
Jun 24, 2016 3:16 PM

Jan 2013
8/10
About as good of a final episode as I could hope for.
Jun 24, 2016 4:19 PM

Jul 2013
And that way, the ride ends. Despite that the ending is clearly a bittersweet one (judging by the words of the mirror youkai at the end and that the world was saved at the end, with the souls of Jie Mei and Giryou finally saved, Nagare being redeemed and with Ushio's parents reunited), it was sad to see Tora, the Youkai and even the Hakumen (who at the end discovered what it wish truly was) go away. After watching AssClass's last episode, this didn't help at all :´(

However, I would liked to see some focus in Asako. All the series has been teased her relationship with Ushio and I expected at least some conversation with her after the stuff with the Hakumen was resolved, but not, we only got an scene oh them going to the school with Kirio and Mayuko with no conversation, oh well.

Really enjoyed the series. It was something fresh considering old school shonens adaptations are rare to see these times (with exceptions like JoJo). The characters were likeable, with Tora being my favorite one (and best Tsundere too), and I loved how they builded the Hakumen as an antagonist. Will miss this a lot. 8/10.
Jun 24, 2016 5:20 PM

Jun 2008
This season was so much better than the first. Too many feels in 24 hours. I want to watch something fluffy now to ease the pain but all I have left to watch for today is Terra Formars...
Jun 24, 2016 6:02 PM

Feb 2013
Seeing this image from /a/ reminds me of how much they cut from the adaptation. Not that it matters much though

RIP you lightning kitty. A tsundere to the last.
Jun 24, 2016 6:18 PM

Jun 2013
wow that was epic to say the least it's sad to see Tora go like that what's with the feels man!
Jun 24, 2016 6:32 PM

Apr 2007
uhm that was ok I guess. Hakumen's true feelings and last words were the best part. I'm disappointed Tora couldn't say goodbye to Mayuko, although they did exchange some nice words a few episodes ago, and there was nothing from Asako here at all. I figured she would say something to Ushio at least, but I guess his relationship with Tora was more important :v

Overall this is the worst love/hate thing I've had for a series in a while. In both seasons there were some really amazing parts, but the pace and really retarded parts, plus Ushio in general at some points, really hurt the series for me. I don't even know if I'd be happy reading the manga anymore.

Hakumen is a really great villain though, and one of my favorite things in the series. Tora was the other. I absolutely loved his backstory, relationship with Mayuko, and...pretty much everything else about him.

I loved this show in the beginning (roughly the first 12 episodes) so it's a shame things turned out this way [for me].
Jun 24, 2016 6:41 PM

Nov 2011
Sad but fantastic episode. My only question is what Hakumen really wanted to be called at the end? It seemed to have a pure female voice. Then it turned into an image of a baby...pretty weird.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 24, 2016 6:44 PM
Dec 2014
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY DID YOU DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIE D:
Jun 24, 2016 7:11 PM

Apr 2013
SoraSenpai said:
My only question is what Hakumen really wanted to be called at the end? It seemed to have a pure female voice. Then it turned into an image of a baby...pretty weird.

Whatever name Hakumen would've had had he/she (probably she) been born as a human, that of light. For a being of pure evil and hate, that's probably the only time to feel sympathy for the devil in a series filled with demons.
Jun 24, 2016 7:32 PM

Jan 2008
So, the siblings's souls now live within Ushio to prevent him from becoming an Azafuse beast. I wonder if those two will ever be reincarnated as Ushio's children in the future... one soul for each nut.

As for the epilogue, I'd like to think Tora's voice was just Ushio reminiscing about him, rather than confirming the mirror yokai's statement of those that come back from the earth. I'd get that humans can turn into immortal yokai within their own lifetime or after their human death, and that yokai that turned to stone can live again, but I refuse to accept that yokai that died (like the kamaitachi siblings' brother) can come back to life (as their original selves/ excluding reincarnation). Because if that were the case, it only cheapens the moments when the souls of the departed briefly coming back to assist in the final fight before returning permanently to the afterlife. If it wasn't permanent, then the gate being closed from the inside wouldn't be as significant. Otherwise, it's like you're telling me even Hakumen may come back to life as Hakumen, rather than a new reborn soul as an infant.
Jun 24, 2016 7:55 PM
Dec 2015
gedata said:
Seeing this image from /a/ reminds me of how much they cut from the adaptation. Not that it matters much though

Also, Kuin had sacrificed itself in the battle.

A skipped monk character sacrificed himself protecting the barrier alone.

Too bad anime skipped these emotional scenes.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
English is not my first language. Sorry for the bad grammar or wordings.
Jun 24, 2016 8:09 PM

Feb 2013
ahleung said:
gedata said:

They skipped that? I wasn't sure if that had just happened last week or not.
Jun 24, 2016 8:25 PM
Dec 2015
gedata said:
ahleung said:

Kuin is still there fighting in final episode, didn't die.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
English is not my first language. Sorry for the bad grammar or wordings.
Jun 24, 2016 8:28 PM

Apr 2013
gedata said:
ahleung said:

Shit, you're right. Kuin is there fighting alongside Kirio in the episode, but after all's said and done, he's nowhere to be seen. I got a little too caught up in everything else going on that that slipped my mind somehow.

Then again, I personally have to remember Kuin majority of the time whenever I think of Kirio. Still, now that that's been pointed out, it's a little jarring that he just disappears off-screen and that's that.
Jun 24, 2016 8:41 PM

Jun 2012
Seems like Kirio and Mayuko will be fucking each other in the not so distant future.
So that ending implies that Ushio and Tora were reborn as youkai right?
Jun 24, 2016 8:46 PM

Aug 2014
Fucker finally got his miso soup.

Goddess of seiyuu nails another role, per usual. Amazing villain.

Beautiful ending, and season. Made the first one worth sitting through.
Sieg Zeon!
Jun 24, 2016 9:12 PM

Jan 2011
Despite everything that got skipped, this really did nail everything right on the mark.
Jun 24, 2016 9:29 PM

Apr 2013
Wow I almost cried during Tora's death.

Seriously what a great series. My favourite 2015/2016. Definitely AOTY for sure.

Tora is the best male character we've had in a long time...
Jun 24, 2016 9:50 PM

May 2008
God I loved this show, which I absolutely was not expecting. I started it only because Takagaki Ayahi was in it, and as it turns out she plays one of the minor characters (Jun).

Ushio and Tora's relationship was so well done. Ushio is such a good kid even after all that happened to him and Tora's just a fun character all around.

This is probably the most unexpected series I've ever stumbled upon. So glad I watched it. Tempted to read the manga now since the anime cut out quite a bit of stuff apparently (understandably).

Also, the scene where Ushio's screaming at Tora that he hasn't eaten him and Tora says "nah I've eaten you, I'm full" got me. Fuck that scene ;_;.
Jun 24, 2016 11:19 PM

Oct 2011
Omg feels omfg šŸ˜­ Tora!!!!!!
Jun 25, 2016 12:34 AM
May 2010
While I do like Ushio and Tora, my favorite character gotta be Hakumen.

Overall she is a very creepy villain with that husky voice and evil grin, but what makes her become my most favorite char it's gotta be the scene where she gouge her eyes and then claim that she'll kill Ushio and Tora. She's the best villain of the season

As for the episode it self, it's too bad there are some skipped parts but all of the other emotional scene were adapted perfectly so I'm perfectly happy with it.
Jun 25, 2016 12:47 AM

Jan 2015
HF..... that's what I can call FEELS....last words of Hakumen, last words of Tora.....damn I nearly started to cry like a bitch when Tora disappeared and Ushio started to cry ( Ushio's face reminded me of Luffy's
, whole episode was great.... but still it didn't help for whole 2nd season = 7/10 from me
Jun 25, 2016 2:54 AM
Dec 2015
Really bombarded me with emotions. I'm kind of sad that this is the end though. I'm sort of surprised though that it ended with Tora staying dead (and only hinting about him probably eventually being reborn) but Tora's death was honestly well done enough to the point I'm not even mad, just sad. Hakumen was finally killed, so both Tora's and the Beast Spear's long existences for the sole purpose of chasing Hakumen came to an end.

Also oh my god they really utilized the underworld gate to its fullest potential. Between Hyou and Nagare's spirits appearing to Ushio, Tora dying, Ushio's parents finally being reunited, and Jie Mei and her brother becoming a part of Ushio's soul to both stop him from becoming a beast and so they can live on through Ushio really had me on the verge of tears.

Thankfully for me I still have the manga to read, so my Ushio and Tora time isn't over yet...
Jun 25, 2016 2:54 AM

Dec 2015
Many years ago when I read the manga, I felt depressed and so empty inside after seeing Tora died. It was so beautiful but it hurt so much.

And today, I was so excited to see the ending of this anime but I was afraid of getting hurt again watching that scene. After watching the show, it didn't hurt as much as the last time I finished reading the manga. Instead, it gave me a feeling of appreciation and great satisfaction.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» How much did they skip?

BestBoiEren - Apr 3, 2016

14 by LynnVy »»
Feb 16, 6:15 PM

» Season 2 questions

VinnyDark70 - Jun 7, 2021

6 by ksm4367 »»
Aug 20, 2023 1:45 AM

» List of Ushio to Tora anime (2015) skipped manga chapters?

MetalTxus - Aug 13, 2017

6 by Tsurugi10 »»
Mar 28, 2023 11:00 PM

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

63 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 29, 2022 1:47 AM

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

40 by Eyth »»
May 3, 2021 3:32 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.