Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 23, 2016 2:32 PM

May 2011
Two out of three 10/10 reviews currently most 'helpful' - grungeallaround being the worst, actually recommending that people *skip* 8 whole episodes, and techkotomi stating that the quality storytelling only occupied about 2/3 of all episodes, from ep 9 - if they, along with other people in the comments etc. think that a large chunk of a series is almost irrelevant (I mean, Gintama might have had 8 relatively mundane episodes, but that is out of hundreds, not 25) - how is anyone expected to believe their score and otherwise their enjoyment? Not that it detracts from it, it's all subjective in the end, but are we just deceiving ourselves, as the series does itself?
Jun 23, 2016 2:40 PM

Apr 2014
It's probably aimed at people who aren't keen on sitting through the full anime but don't mind a slightly weaker experience because of it.
That's just a matter of tastes though, like how some people in the Gungrave reviews say they were put off by the first episode and some recommend you skip the first episode entirely. It spoils the content of future episodes as it starts towards the end of the series, and then resumes the chronological pacing in the second episode. So people who don't like intentional spoilers were told to opt out of watching the first episode, while people who don't like idle slice of life or filler moments were told to skip out on several Clannad: AS episodes. There's reasons for everything.
Jun 23, 2016 2:50 PM

May 2011
But the point is, if they think that 2/3 is irrelevant (even in their opinion it seems, not just others' possible opinion) then is it rational for them to rate it so perfectly if it obviously isn't perfect in their own words? My 10/10s are usually almost perfect (in my mind at least) and if I ended up writing about them, since they're supposed to be masterpieces, they should collectively (most episodes) be brilliant, not just 2/3 (and even then many people complained about the ending).
Jun 23, 2016 2:59 PM

Apr 2014
Seyfert said:
But the point is, if they think that 2/3 is irrelevant (even in their opinion it seems, not just others' possible opinion) then is it rational for them to rate it so perfectly if it obviously isn't perfect in their own words? My 10/10s are usually almost perfect (in my mind at least) and if I ended up writing about them, since they're supposed to be masterpieces, they should collectively (most episodes) be brilliant, not just 2/3 (and even then many people complained about the ending).

You know, I originally complained about Clannad: AS's ending too. I wanted

You said it yourself that a 10/10 does not imply pure perfection, only something close to it, so if those reviewers are telling others that you don't have to watch a portion of the show, it doesn't mean those portions are bad or even unneeded, but it's rather for those who are on the edge of watching the show but are unsure of what to expect from it. Personally, I watch every episode of a show excluding non-cannon anime only filler, so even if you tell me to skip an episode I will watch it anyway, but it's nice knowing there is an option for those who don't share this mentality

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

0 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 10, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.