Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 23, 2016 3:04 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Hmm, Jinbei wanting to quit? I wasn't honestly expecting that. Too bad about Pedro not getting his goal accomplished in the past.

I wonder who is awaiting for Luffy and the others..
Oh and that's one heck of a roulette wheel.
Jun 23, 2016 4:02 AM

Sep 2014
Big Mom is savage, dat roulette though....lel imagine if Jinbei is about to lose those legs, he will become a real fish xD
Thats actually sad D:

Nice hearing from Jinbei that he is devoting his life to Luffy....but not really sure that he will be the 10th member but lets see :D

Cool, Pedro was pirate with Pekoms long before. Sad that they couldnt invade Big Mom's territory :(

Have a feeling the dude waiting for Straw Hats could be... Sanji-kun? :/

Jun 23, 2016 4:20 AM

Jan 2015
Darn that roulette.... Well at least it's better than dying anyway

I feel like it's going to be Sanji's father or other relatives who's waiting there
Jun 23, 2016 5:17 AM

Dec 2013
I wonder if he is actually going to do the roulette or not. I really hope not for his sake.

Good to see that Luffy and the others have finally arrived at the island!
Jun 23, 2016 5:21 AM

Dec 2012
Loved it when Jinbei said he believed that Luffy will become the Pirate King & so awesome of his crew to allow him to be selfish & cut ties with Big Mom.
That roulette is not good. He could potentially lose a leg or arm.
Nice to hear more about Pedro. Looks like he is gonna try & steal the Road Poneglyph.
They made it to Whole Cake Island & someone is waiting for them. Wonder who it could be?
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jun 23, 2016 5:29 AM

Oct 2011
My prediction for who's waiting for them: Jinbei. That is, his headless body, left there by Big Mom as a warning.

We Game of Thrones now.
Jun 23, 2016 5:34 AM

Aug 2010
Damn! They're already at Whole cake :O This is going way too smoothly. And someone at coast? Purin? Sanji? Jimbei? Someone else?

So one of BM's "Husbands" is a fishman/merman? To have a mermaid as a daughter?? And Aladdin sure has a loving wife XD

Dat Roulette tho. What's he gonna lose??

Pekoms and Pedro were a crew to find Poneglyphs? Interesting. I hope Pedro's trust issues will calm down now. I think he's trust worthy enough...I hope ^^;
Jun 23, 2016 5:37 AM
Sep 2012
So confirmation Big Mom did it with a fishman, a half mermaid daughter, I thinks he might be our mole.

So Jinbei is going to lose something, if he becomes a one legged person would he still be useful for the strawhats, hopefully it is just a leg or an arm, I shatter to think of any other body parts Big Mom might take if you know what I mean.

Looks like the Strawhats got to the island safely, I guess Pudding is legit.
Jun 23, 2016 5:39 AM
Jul 2014
Somebody is gonna die this arc, I am sure of it. The question is who is it gonna be?
Jun 23, 2016 5:40 AM

Dec 2011
Interesting chapter and we are mostly certain that Jinbe will be the 10th members but i have a bad feelings something will happens to him.It might even be his dead body Luffy saw at the ends...
Jun 23, 2016 5:48 AM
Oct 2013
So, some guy out there put his fishstick into that volcano and out came a little halfishgirl.

I just cannot fathom that. ODA EXPLAIN. It´s hard enough to imagine poor men inserting their toothpicks into that black hole who probably has teeth and eyes, but now you´re telling me that some fishguy dared to do this too and she was ok with it.

How the fuck did this went down? I´m also thoroughly confused how Neptunes reproductive organs function and how Shirahoshi crawled out of her mom.

Does no one else realize the problems?
Guys please I can´t be the only one whose bugged by this?
IsterioJun 23, 2016 6:22 AM
Jun 23, 2016 5:49 AM

Jun 2013
crevette said:
My prediction for who's waiting for them: Jinbei. That is, his headless body, left there by Big Mom as a warning.

We Game of Thrones now.

Highly doubt Oda will pull something like that lol (it would be a twist)... He's probably gonna miss an eye or a leg, Jinbei with an eye patch would look pretty cool.

The chapter was okay, nothing really major happened, altho I wonder why the lion (I forgot his name) wants to steal that poneglyph... he insisted quite a bit on it, and Luffy of course just agrees simple as that, haha typical Luffy. I don't know if what Brook said will mean something later on, the part with the "Luffy was simply born with this kinda fate". So I look forward to see what limb Jinbei will lose, if any at all.
Jun 23, 2016 6:07 AM

Dec 2014
Another good chapter, I must say the pace has stepped up quite a bit.

So Jinbei quite his crew to join Luffy's, Nice to see him following his wishes.
That roulette game :o , Wonder what exactly he'll lose.

Interesting that Pedro was a pirate who once searched for the Road Poneglyphs.
He's also aware of the similarities between Luffy and Roger.
Wonder what he means by 'needing' the Road Poneglyphs. Intriguing that Brook also mentions "Luffy was born with 'this' kind of fate".

Whole cake already, Wonder who it is on the coast. Most probably Jinbei.
Jun 23, 2016 6:16 AM
Oct 2013
crevette said:

We Game of Thrones now.

You´ve gotta tell me what stuff you smoke, must be really good, I´m tempted to try it.
IsterioJun 23, 2016 6:21 AM
Jun 23, 2016 6:17 AM

Jan 2010
Quite the interesting chapter. Jinbe confirmed Straw Hat!! Big Mom gets crazier and crazier each time we see her. I don’t know if Pudding sold the Straw Hats out or not. I can’t get an idea based on how her sister was acting with Aladdin. That cliffhanger I wonder who is waiting for them on the Coast? I hope it’s Pudding with Sanji.

Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Jun 23, 2016 6:20 AM
Dec 2015
Anyone notice that person behind Carrot on page 17? (mymanga version)
It looks like a person clad in armor, a girl and thin. Is it pudding?

As for who the person is, you can see a tiny dot so who knows.
Jun 23, 2016 6:27 AM
Oct 2015
Nice chap! :)
So gold roger was at zou 26 years ago that means he needed 2 more years to become pirate king
Smells like another time skip for me^^
Jun 23, 2016 6:31 AM

Jan 2010
Giaz said:

I shared an image in my previous post. Talking with others it seems that they think it is Nami. They think she changed into armor when they fought the ants the night before.

Jun 23, 2016 6:40 AM

Jul 2015
kaitonic said:
Interesting chapter and we are mostly certain that Jinbe will be the 10th members but i have a bad feelings something will happens to him.It might even be his dead body Luffy saw at the ends...

what are you smoking ? jinbe dead ? never ever
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
Jun 23, 2016 6:45 AM

May 2013
I don't think that Jinbe will survive for much longer.
Big Mom probably took away from him most of his life.
Jun 23, 2016 6:57 AM

Dec 2011
Galaxy__ said:
kaitonic said:

Well i never said he is dead but it's a possibility.That would be a twist if it happens and Luffy will seek revenge.
Jun 23, 2016 7:11 AM

Jan 2010
Galaxy__ said:
kaitonic said:

I doubt it will happen as well but she did kill her own son so no one is safe.

kaitonic said:
Galaxy__ said:

Well i never said he is dead but it's a possibility.That would be a twist if it happens and Luffy will seek revenge.
It's defintiley a possibility. Especially after we just saw her kill her own son last chapter. That would be a crazy twist but it's unlikely since Jinbe needs to sail with the Straw Hats.

Daw11 said:
I don't think that Jinbe will survive for much longer.
Big Mom probably took away from him most of his life.
This is the theory I have seen the most regarding the situation. It would make sense given her ability for her to take away a chunk of his remaining life. Maybe Luffy will fight her to reclaim Jinbe's lost years of life?
logic340Jun 23, 2016 7:14 AM

Jun 23, 2016 7:19 AM

Oct 2010
Carrot is so amazed she accidentally released her Stand. She's a French rabbit after all.

Great chapter, with Pedro telling some new relevant information and above all Jinbe confirming everything about his nakama situation. His death doesn't seem likely considering the weight he has for the Fishman Island subplot, so I guess I can count him in already. Maybe with one arm less or, as said before, with his life significantly shortened by Big Mom's powers, but to me it can't be more confirmed.
Jun 23, 2016 7:44 AM

Nov 2013
crevette said:

We Game of Thrones now.

Not bad. Not much chance it happens but would be cool.
Jun 23, 2016 7:50 AM

Jun 2007
crevette said:

We Game of Thrones now.

I do think it is Jimbei waiting, but I expect him to be lacking an arm or a leg.
Jun 23, 2016 8:08 AM
Oct 2013
TheTsunami said:
crevette said:

We Game of Thrones now.

I do think it is Jimbei waiting, but I expect him to be lacking an arm or a leg.

The bullshit theories we all know won´t gonna happen get annoying so I´ll point out what the "Roulette" table means.

The Roullete wheel shocases 4 different icons. 3 are obvious 1 isn´t.
Through Big Mom we know all of them mean loss.

1.Arm Could happen. 10%
2.Leg Could happen. 10%
3.Head Impossible. 0%
4. Big Mom symbol. Will most likely happen 80%

Ideas 1: Big Mom drains a certain amount of life.
2: You lose everything. (Big mom gives the order to level Fishman island)

Whatever will happen, this´ll be the trigger for Luffy to fight against Big Mom. Guys Oda announced the Yonkou arc, this will initiate their fight.
Jinbe is an official member of the crew, Luffy fought the world government to safe a member and he fucked up Arlong for making Nami cry.

Quote: Roger once destroyed a whole country because some people insulted his crew. Jinbe belongs to Luffys crew now, what the fuck do you think will happen?
IsterioJun 23, 2016 8:11 AM
Jun 23, 2016 8:21 AM

May 2015
The crown is a reference to his hair, Jinbe would lose something important to him, not just any old legs or hands or anything. Jinbe has lost his bun.

Giaz said:

Nami in anti-ant armor.

See also, Luffy, Brook and Carrot in band-aids lol

Edit: Oh right, she's in front of the ship outside armor in the far left panel. Drawing error?
ashfrliebertJun 23, 2016 8:31 AM
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Jun 23, 2016 8:30 AM

Jun 2013
Damn Jinbe....Luffy really won you over! XD and now you are trying to make other Sun Pirates to join or to be at least allies? XD

HAHA!!! Damn...Aladdin and Co. Really tell Jinbe to go. Jinbe will be good member to the crew...
BUT DAMn...Charlotte Praline? Really liked how this Chapter started! I like this Praline...

SO Jinbe will lose something if he leaves....

nice information chapter once again.

Trap will snap in next chappy...I am 55 % sure of it.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jun 23, 2016 8:45 AM

May 2015
Jarjaxle said:

I think he went with the samurai to Wano at the end of Zou when they split up.
Jun 23, 2016 9:03 AM

Aug 2014
ashfrliebert said:
The crown is a reference to his hair, Jinbe would lose something important to him, not just any old legs or hands or anything. Jinbe has lost his bun.

Giaz said:

Nami in anti-ant armor.

See also, Luffy, Brook and Carrot in band-aids lol

Edit: Oh right, she's in front of the ship outside armor in the far left panel. Drawing error?

Can't be Nami, in the previous panels she didn't wear that...
Ruka desu.
Jun 23, 2016 9:10 AM

Jun 2014
So Big Mom got fucked by a Fishman? She must have some interesting kinks lol. They finally made it to Whole Cake Island, and I'm pretty sure the person waiting for them is a fucked up Jinbe. I have a strong feeling their initial plan of getting Sanji and the Poneglyph by sneaking around without fighting Big Mom will now change into an enraged Luffy wanting to fuck up Big Mom for whatever she did to Jinbe.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 23, 2016 9:17 AM

May 2015
Lucky96u said:

Can't be Nami, in the previous panels she didn't wear that...

She didn't wear any in the previous panel because, as the box quote directly says, it's the next morning. She could've just changed it. The thing that doesn't make sense is that she's in front of the ship and immediately clothed out of armor on the panel to the left on the same page and same day. So it seems like a drawing oversight, the tip of hair looks the same too. Even Luffy and Brook's band aid is still visible(since they didn't wear armor).
Jun 23, 2016 9:37 AM

Jan 2016
The guy with Ray on the cover looks like Fujitora. He even has his wooden sheath sword
Jun 23, 2016 10:04 AM

Feb 2016
After this arc jinbei is gonna be Luffy nakama
Jun 23, 2016 10:09 AM

Oct 2014
ooh that someone standing at the coast, could it be Jinbe :0 and what... did quitting cost him? Oh dear, so anxious to find out~
Jun 23, 2016 10:16 AM
Apr 2009
I wonder what the deal is with the weird shadowy beings in the bottom panels and the "single second"?
Jun 23, 2016 11:21 AM

Mar 2009
So far, Big Mom's daughters are downright kind, loving, and sane compared to their mother. Gorgeous, too.
Jun 23, 2016 12:11 PM

May 2015
I am curious what are those 10 100 and 1000 about, is it a roulette or darts? xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 23, 2016 1:04 PM

Jun 2013
ashfrliebert said:
Jarjaxle said:

What? How does Trap travel countries? O_o If you meant Law...

I literally meant Trap....You know...as in Ambush?
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Jun 23, 2016 1:13 PM

May 2015
Jarjaxle said:
ashfrliebert said:

What? How does Trap travel countries? O_o If you meant Law...

I literally meant Trap....You know...as in Ambush?

Ohh, right, lol. :d
Jun 23, 2016 1:43 PM

Oct 2012
CaptainZoro said:
Have a feeling the dude waiting for Straw Hats could be... Sanji-kun? :/

I was thinking it would be Aladine to tell them Jimbei is in the island and wants to join the crew, since we've already seen he is there and he is following the muggis from under-water
Jun 23, 2016 2:15 PM
Oct 2013
ashfrliebert said:

You brought up an interesting point, nonetheless the crown is depicted on a picture with a big Mom icon. Oda keeps it vague on purpose, but through the story we know untill now, i´d argue the things that are most important to Jinbe, more even than his life are those 3.

1.His people.
2.His Crew.
3. Luffy (in the future)
I doubt his hair would be one of those things.

zal said:
I am curious what are those 10 100 and 1000 about, is it a roulette or darts? xD

Thought the same than realized that the board is segmented in levels, meaning that the numbers may indicate quanitities.

Drained years :10/100/10/1000.
Beheadings: 10/100/10/1000.
Arms getting cut off: 10/100/10/1000.
Legs getting cut: 10/100/10/1000.

Remember when Orochimaru summoned Manda and he demanded 100 sacrifices? Well there you go, it´s Oda´s turn to introduce that concept to his manga.
IsterioJun 23, 2016 2:25 PM
Jun 23, 2016 2:29 PM

Sep 2014
Jinbe with the Strawhats yey /o/
Good friends Jinbe's got there, and Aladdin's wife lol.
Looking forward to see what Jinbe will lose.
Jun 23, 2016 3:22 PM

Sep 2013
Jinbei gets the support from his fish brethren :'(
Pedro ued to be pirate :O
Luffy and the rest make it to the main island and there's an armored girl with 2 spears on the ship.
Jun 23, 2016 3:42 PM
Mar 2015
Oda has just been on fire ever since we got a good look at things on Zou. Every chapter seems to have something new and interesting develop.
Jun 23, 2016 3:43 PM

Aug 2011
Jinbe will definitely be the next member of the crew. During Fishman Island he said he would request to join after he finished whatever unfinished business he had. I have my doubts though. I have no idea how Big Mom's wheel works and Jinbei might actually have to give up something that would probably prevent him from joining the crew.
Jun 23, 2016 4:23 PM

Oct 2012
OK, ive been thinking about this, and Jimbei might die... i know it sounds insane but stay with me for a second

The options on the dart/roulette board are: lose an arm, a leg, the head, or big mom symbol (wich im gonna guess its her akuma no mi), and since its the only one that has some kind of "mistery" about the meaning i guess that is where its going to fall. So, what if jimbei loses all his remaining years against big mom and instantly dies just like her son in the last chapter?? Does that mean he is dead for good? well i dont think so.

When I saw it last chapter I tought that Big mom's ability kinda looks like Moria's, so what if the reason BM is so... well big, is that she has in stored in her body all the years that she has stolen from other people, that could mean that just like in thriller bark, when she is defeated all those years return to the original bodies and everyone can come back to life, if luffy finds out that and that jimbei has been killed by her, there is no way he could go on with the peacefull plan... and that would also mean we get to see big mom's original (and probably most powerful) form, and the reason why she is a Yonko, because even if she is defeated in her giant form, her enemy would be tired after fighting with her and would mean that he is no longer a match against her true form.
Jun 23, 2016 4:45 PM
Mar 2016
I dont know why but progresssion is very slow in latest chapter kinda remind me of dressrosa arc
Jun 23, 2016 5:18 PM

Jul 2014
At least he's not going to die...
Jun 24, 2016 1:46 AM

Oct 2011
Am I the only one thinking the one "standing" that Luffy saw in the last panel is Jinbey's corpse hanging off rope?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Yesterday, 3:52 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

31 by Pakumen- »»
Yesterday, 12:40 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

87 by Slimdudejim »»
Apr 21, 10:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 769 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Maerow - Nov 26, 2014

67 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 21, 6:47 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1069 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Dec 6, 2022

86 by Kakuneon »»
Apr 17, 11:48 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.