Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 22, 2016 2:56 PM
Feb 2016
Thoughts on it? Do you think that it will be a good movie, a worthy successor to the original, or an dull, stupid blockbuster that didn't need to be made?

Jun 22, 2016 3:02 PM

Feb 2015
I loved the original to the point where I'd consider it one of my top favourite movies of all time. I'm excited to watch this when it comes out here on the big screen, but I doubt it will be a masterpiece or anything. I just want to see giant alien spaceships getting blown up, lol.
Jun 22, 2016 3:05 PM
Feb 2016
Milennin said:
I loved the original to the point where I'd consider it one of my top favourite movies of all time. I'm excited to watch this when it comes out here on the big screen, but I doubt it will be a masterpiece or anything. I just want to see giant alien spaceships getting blown up, lol.

I liked the original movie. It wasn't super complex, but it was a very fun action movie that I watched over and over when I was a kid. I'm not exactly excited for the new one, but if it's a good movie, well then color me surprised.

Jun 22, 2016 3:10 PM

Feb 2015
Kuro-Sama1 said:
I'm not exactly excited for the new one, but if it's a good movie, well then color me surprised.

Yup, I don't think it'll be a good movie per se, at least not by critics standards (I don't think the original was?) But I hope/expect it'll at least be able to pass as a good popcorn action movie that you can mindlessly watch and enjoy for the spectacle that it provides.
The fact Will Smith isn't in it does hurt quite a bit, so let's see how they're going to make up for that.
Jun 22, 2016 3:16 PM
Feb 2016
Milennin said:
Kuro-Sama1 said:
I'm not exactly excited for the new one, but if it's a good movie, well then color me surprised.

Yup, I don't think it'll be a good movie per se, at least not by critics standards (I don't think the original was?) But I hope/expect it'll at least be able to pass as a good popcorn action movie that you can mindlessly watch and enjoy for the spectacle that it provides.
The fact Will Smith isn't in it does hurt quite a bit, so let's see how they're going to make up for that.

The original was by no means a masterpiece. It has a 61% on Rotten Tomatoes. But it was a very good popcorn movie. Plus, it had Will Smith, who showed an incredible amount of charm and charisma.

I guess part of the problem is the film's name. "ID: Resurgence." Honestly, the subtitle "Resurgence" is one of the more generic titles that you could plaster onto a movie, along with "Revelations," or "Resurrection."

Jun 22, 2016 3:24 PM

Jan 2010
Kuro-Sama1 said:
Thoughts on it? Do you think that it will be a good movie, a worthy successor to the original, or an dull, stupid blockbuster that didn't need to be made?

I do have plan to go watch it in theater since I grew up loving the 1996 film.
Jun 22, 2016 3:31 PM

Feb 2015
Kuro-Sama1 said:
I guess part of the problem is the film's name. "ID: Resurgence." Honestly, the subtitle "Resurgence" is one of the more generic titles that you could plaster onto a movie, along with "Revelations," or "Resurrection."

I agree that it's super generic, but at the same time I don't think the title is... that bad. It's just the kind of generic that fits a movie like this, lol. Anyway, fans of the first one will still watch it regardless of the title - I know I will.
I think having a good trailer is much more important, and that at least is something it did pretty well.
Jun 22, 2016 3:32 PM
Feb 2016
mdo7 said:
Kuro-Sama1 said:

I do have plan to go watch it in theater since I grew up loving the 1996 film.

I hope you enjoy it. I'll wait for the reviews and see if it's any good or not.

Jun 22, 2016 3:37 PM
Feb 2016
Milennin said:
Kuro-Sama1 said:

I agree that it's super generic, but at the same time I don't think the title is... that bad. It's just the kind of generic that fits a movie like this, lol. Anyway, fans of the first one will still watch it regardless of the title - I know I will.
I think having a good trailer is much more important, and that at least is something it did pretty well.

That's good to hear. Regardless, when you do see the film I hope you find enjoyment in it.

Jun 22, 2016 3:52 PM

Apr 2013
It just looks like a giant blow-shit-up-fest summer blockbuster. I'll pirate it instead.
Jun 22, 2016 3:54 PM

Feb 2013
Independence Day without Will Smith isn't worth watching.
The original was epic, I remember seeing it as a child and I loved it, I won't bother watching it anyway.
Jun 22, 2016 5:00 PM

Jun 2016
I doubt I'll be seeing it. Seeing all these 90's movies and TV shows coming back to life (TMNT, now Power Rangers too?), I feel like I'm just being pandered to and having my nostalgia put up for sale.

I remember seeing the trailer when I saw Star Wars: Force Awakens and literally groaning.
The football field isn't the only place where you could use a good line.
Jun 22, 2016 9:08 PM

Sep 2013
We could have another Jurassic World on our hands. A surprise hit of the summer. Like the aforementioned film, Independence Day: Resurgence is also a revival of a wildly successful and popular 90s property.
Jun 22, 2016 10:54 PM

Oct 2014
I saw at my local theater that "Independence Day" would be playing soon and didn't even know it was a new version. I have a feeling that Independence Day: Regurgenance won't be anything new anyway. As they say "In the summer all we have are reruns on TV and sequels in the theaters".
Jun 22, 2016 11:30 PM

Oct 2015
I'm looking forward to it, I love the original, I just wish Will Smith was in it though.
Jun 23, 2016 12:30 AM

Apr 2016
it will be another independence day, borring
Jun 23, 2016 12:30 AM

Jan 2015
I have a very very bad feeling about this. It is bad enough trashing the original Star Wars and Ghostbusters, but this is a movie that was garbage to begin with.
Jun 23, 2016 12:53 AM

May 2012
No Will, no thrill! :P
Jun 23, 2016 1:18 AM

May 2016
It's gonna be awesomeeee!

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7575 by juanlqr »»
54 minutes ago

» Mal spotify collaborative playlist ( 1 2 )

tsukareru - Jan 6

60 by tsukareru »»
Yesterday, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Avatar: The Way of Water or Dune: Part Two

AcbSnakeDemon - Apr 20

6 by alex889 »»
Yesterday, 1:16 AM

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - Apr 18

6 by Enderobot »»
Apr 23, 9:05 AM

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

10 by not-perfect »»
Apr 23, 2:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.