Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 19, 2016 1:24 PM

Oct 2012
Wow nice episode to start the new arc. It makes me even more excited for the first English volume of Re:Zero coming next month~

I had a feeling the last candidate was Felt, but wow her behavior has totally changed.

Priscilla seems interesting, and from some scenes and things users above me have mentioned about her it seems like scenes with her won't ever be boring xD

I've heard great bro things about Al, and indeed I am liking him a lot.

I'm sort of worried about Emilia and Subaru here, hoping nothing happens to their relationship

Ugh 7 days feels so long with this series
"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
- Oreki Houtarou
Jun 19, 2016 1:28 PM
Oct 2010
I didn't see that one coming. Figured that girl was one of the candidates but didn't think about felt until reinhard stepped forward.
Jun 19, 2016 1:29 PM
May 2016
Fai said:
Either way I am quite hyped at this set up even if it contained meh elements.

I am a sucker for political drama so as long as this arc has lots of politicking and plotting, it will be great. Give me more Ojousama screentime too.

As long as this focuses more on mind games, mystery and politics and less of Subaru being an idiot(like this episode), this arc is bound to surpass the first and second one.
Subaru is half idiot and half smartass xD probably it will beat the past 2arcs cause of the politics, Suffaru and antagonists that will be surely hate(according to spoilers)
Jun 19, 2016 1:29 PM

Jul 2014
_Kazuma-Kun said:
I am just sad that it was rushed and who hasn't read the manga or the LN will probably be lost, they did show much interaction between, Al, Rom-ji, or Rem all of which will be very important in the future.

I remember people bashing adaptation in arc 2, when there was no haircut scene. And what happened? They did that scene in the next episode.

So it is the case here. I really doubt they would omit some really important scenes. I'm certain it would be shown in next two episodes.
Jun 19, 2016 1:30 PM
Oct 2010
Shrimperor said:
Great Episode and all, but i can't help but feel that Subaru was kinda off...
He isn't the same one of the last 2 arcs, and has been a litte 'idiotic' this ep...

Honestly I chalked that up to a level of arrogance due to his ability.
Jun 19, 2016 1:32 PM

Jun 2015
This episode was pretty nice...Glad to see familiar faces along with some new ones as well
Jun 19, 2016 1:34 PM
Jul 2018
GD1551 said:
Shrimperor said:
He isn't the same one of the last 2 arcs, and has been a litte 'idiotic' this ep...

Although he knows the drawbacks and the unstable nature of it? Lol.
Jun 19, 2016 1:34 PM

Jan 2015
Hongu said:
Madara22 said:
Felt the fast bandit ???? That was supposed to be dead ???
It was never ever implied that she was dead.

Bruh I mean she died before he came back and changed everything. I'm talking about that, if he let Felt die, there would be only 4 contenders for the throne. I wanted to say all this with that simple sentence :D
Jun 19, 2016 1:36 PM
Jul 2018
Fai said:
iRels said:

The show questioned the viewers. It wanted them to unveil the mystery. It was written that way. For that purpose. The source readers know (more than you).

There were close ups for the touch stone. It was only shown with a red glow in Felt and Emilia's hands, even having passed by others'.

Which means that people could be theorizing.
It does NOT mean that LN readers could come in and literally spoil the "right" answer. Its a mystery show. Guessing stuff and theorizing stuff makes sense.

And again, this episode clearly expects the viewer to be surprised by this or to put two and two together as it happens. Its not something that everyone should have known the minute felt took the insignia.

Well I didn't know. Users like @mozgow questioned. Then I went to amuse myself in the solving-process. At the time I was wanting it to not revolve around royalty and such. I was just being wishful. Because I probably had a biased belief, about it turning tedious - as I might've seen happening in other shows. Characters here thou, give me Hunter x Hunter's vibe... That's a really good sign. It makes me believe they're not joking around. I would detest seeing seriousness being lessened. Or being told to be unwanted... It's cool to see characters enjoying their role.

I want to be surprised, too... And when Felt came, it was amazing. Me already believing she was a candidate didn't diminish her entrance. I felt joyous. (I think I prefer such feeling coming before surprise.) I was preparing myself for her entrance with a smile on my face.
Jun 19, 2016 1:38 PM

Jul 2007
iRels said:

Well I didn't know. Users like @mozgow questioned.

I already addressed the pretend-speculations before in previous ep threads.

Jan 2016
I was actually hyped for Priscilla and her VA, but of course they cast her some chick with a high pitched voice. It doesn't suit her at all. I expected a much more mature, condescending, sexy womanly voice.

But of course not.

At least Karsten's voice suits her.

Elsa - Queen of Seductive Rape Faces

Feb 2010
Meeh, I can understand why Emilia would think Subaru should miss out on the whole important queen thing but I'm liking her less and less each episode. Lots of interesting characters got introduced this ep.

Priscilla reminds me of Lottie from Pandora Hearts.
cloud8100Jun 19, 2016 1:42 PM
Jun 19, 2016 1:39 PM

Oct 2014
GD1551 said:
Shrimperor said:

We already know how much he hated and is afraid of dying, so i doubt that is it.

This Series in a nutshell
Jun 19, 2016 1:41 PM

Jul 2007
cloud8100 said:
Meeh, I can understand why Emilia would think Subaru should miss out on the whole important queen thing but I'm liking her less and less each episode. Lots of interesting characters got introduced this ep.

The fact that other characters absolutely shine is certainly not helping.

Emilia right now feels way too pure and flawless. The show keeps putting her on pedestal every chance it gets.
Jun 19, 2016 1:41 PM

Oct 2013
Shoot, the moment they mentioned five candidates, I instantly knew that Felt would be included in the group. Gosh dang it, the cliffhangers are real.
Jun 19, 2016 1:43 PM

Mar 2015
As the EMF fan I have to say "A woman in love is beautiful. "

Meanwhile.............

Dear Subaru

Jun 19, 2016 1:44 PM

Jan 2014
Madara22 said:
Hongu said:
It was never ever implied that she was dead.

Bruh I mean she died before he came back and changed everything. I'm talking about that, if he let Felt die, there would be only 4 contenders for the throne. I wanted to say all this with that simple sentence :D
So you believe that dragon can predict everything and claim there will be 5 contenders...But you dont believe dragon can predict Subaru's influence?Pls...
Jun 19, 2016 1:45 PM

Jul 2015
Cringe challenge 2016.

Besides from that, the episode introduced a lot of new characters and probably the main cast for the third arc. They've already given off interesting vibes and the relationship between the five candidates is certainly a topic, that could be explored. I wonder, who sent Elsa though. And Emilia seems like an underdog although she has a strong backer. Seeing her being shot down so easily, I can imagine her being very keen on becoming better and holding her own in the race.

And this:
Shrimperor said:
GD1551 said:

We already know how much he hated and is afraid of dying, so i doubt that is it.

This Series in a nutshell

Best meme in this series.
Bernkishi07Jun 19, 2016 1:54 PM
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Jun 19, 2016 1:47 PM
Mar 2016
Decent episode. I personally did not expect felt to be the fifth candidate. I was screaming WTF right at the end.
Jun 19, 2016 1:51 PM

Dec 2010
this anime gets worse every episode
Jun 19, 2016 1:53 PM

May 2014
Honestly I'm a bit surprised that almost everyone here had an issue with Subaru this week. I thought he was pretty entertaining as usual. Anyway, now that this arc is finally started I'm interested in seeing how this will lead to the crazy amounts of suffering and agony I hear that Subaru is going to experience soon.
Jun 19, 2016 1:55 PM

Jul 2008
I'm more and more wondering if Subaru's feelings for Emilia are earnest or forced by the Witch, because sometimes he is way too obsessed about her.

Jul 2015
Alcatraz_Zombie said:
Honestly I'm a bit surprised that almost everyone here had an issue with Subaru this week. I thought he was pretty entertaining as usual. Anyway, now that this arc is finally started I'm interested in seeing how this will lead to the crazy amounts of suffering and agony I hear that Subaru is going to experience soon.

Al's humor was better. He pretty much destroyed Subaru and dealt with him in the best way possible.
Apr 2016
Language: Portuguese

Esse episódio me causou certa curiosidade do que está por vir. Natsuki ficará forte? Quem são essas pessoas? Por que Emília estava temerosa por Natsuki estar ali, por que ela o repreendeu? Pelo desenrolar da história, possivelmente não irão revelar como Subaru conseguiu a Autoridade da Preguiça e a Autoridade da Ganância.
Jun 19, 2016 1:56 PM

Mar 2010
Alcatraz_Zombie said:

Same. I found him being jelly over Julius kissing Emilia's hand funny because of his facial reaction. If he reacted seriously to everything all the time he would be boring.
Jun 19, 2016 1:58 PM
Jul 2018
About Felt... Hey @Fappa and/or @Jagd84. Can any of you confirm for me whether Felt's success as a thief was thanks to her 'Bless of the Wind' ability? Is it related to her role as chosen candidate? Elsa said that she's loved by the land or something. It must be a rare ability, then.

Didn't she use it to steal and escape from Emilia? Seemed that way. Meaning then, that she'd not stand above the slum's residents, otherwise? That she'd have become...a wh*re, as she feared?
Jun 19, 2016 1:59 PM
Aug 2015

WHAT THE BLOODY HELL?!?!?!?!?!?!
WHAT HAS HAPPENED HERE¿¡¿¡¿¡¿¡
Jun 19, 2016 2:00 PM

Jul 2007
Alcatraz_Zombie said:

Subaru in Arc 1 felt out of his element yet smart witty and WITH A BRAIN.
Subaru in ARc 2 felt out of his element and in despair yet still smart and with a brain and making decent choices.

Here he is literally a dumb idiot clown with a VERY gross obsession and no sense of what is right at the moment. I can't see this idiot Subaru trying to con a fantasy merchant into buying a phone, nor detective-ing the mystery of who cursed him.

Nayrael said:
I'm more and more wondering if Subaru's feelings for Emilia are earnest or forced by the Witch, because sometimes he is way too obsessed about her.

Yup. Same. That is now one of my main theories, alongside "Emilia is Satella but just trolling".

Subaru felt very creepy this episode. The kind of a person you'd get a restraining order against.
Jun 19, 2016 2:01 PM

Mar 2010
iRels said:
About Felt... Hey @Fappa and/or @Jagd84. Can any of you confirm for me whether Felt's success as a thief was thanks to her 'Bless of the Wind' ability? Is it related to her role as chosen candidate? Elsa said that she's loved by the land or something. It must be a rare ability, then.

Didn't she use it to steal and escape from Emilia? Seemed that way. Meaning then, that she'd not stand above the slum's residents, otherwise? That she'd have become...a wh*re, as she feared?

Blessings are just inborn talents that can random manifest in all living beings at the beginning of their birth. So Felt having one has nothing to do with her candidacy.
Jun 19, 2016 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
Dritto said:
Language: Portuguese

Esse episódio me causou certa curiosidade do que está por vir. Natsuki ficará forte? Quem são essas pessoas? Por que Emília estava temerosa por Natsuki estar ali, por que ela o repreendeu? Pelo desenrolar da história, possivelmente não irão revelar como Subaru conseguiu a Autoridade da Preguiça e a Autoridade da Ganância.

Translated: This episode caused me certain curiosity about what is to come. Subaru will become stronger? Who are these people? Why Emilia was fearful for Subaru being there - why she reprehended him? By the unroll of the story, possibly they won't reveal how Subaru acquired the Authority of Sloth and the Authority of Greed.
Jun 19, 2016 2:06 PM

Jul 2015
I think this episode will cause a score drop for the first time. Nevertheless, what's about to come will probably be great.
Jun 19, 2016 2:07 PM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode again, surprising both OP and ED are gone again.
Don't like where Subaru's and Emilia's relationship is headed though.
Jun 19, 2016 2:09 PM

Mar 2012
Heard this will be a gruesome arc. I wonder if there'd be so much deaths if Subaru wasn't there. Seems to me like he's just bringing death wherever he goes.
Jun 19, 2016 2:10 PM

Feb 2015
Another great and interesting episode.
Felt being the fifth candidate ? that was too obvious cause the fact that Reinhard captured Felt long ago and the fact that he was here and standing along with the knights. when all of that thoughts appeared in my mind i just suddenly made a big smile on ma face like a werid sht xD

i seriously didn't see that coming, that there are one more candidate and i didn't even see that it was felt before i relized it xD simply, the plot is getting interesting again. Felt has some connection to Subaru. and Subaru has very high connection/relatioship with Emilia, and i just found that very very interesting turn of event.

i'm quite interested in Priscilla too. and ofcourse, one person trolled me and pissed me off in this episode, there is no one other than Felix. i mean, after i heard HIS voice and the fact that HE has cat ear, i suddenly thought of Hanekawa. well i a bit thought of him as a guy at first because of the flat chest, but.....i thought it was impossible. but FCK i got trolled xD what a trap seriously. i doubt i'm the only one who thought he is a girl.

On the other side, i don't how to feel about Subaru breaking his promise with Emilia. i feel glad that he was in the meeting, but i'm kinda worried that Emilia might not trust him again.

and i'm interted to the other two candidate. i wonder if they will be on of the spotlight in this arc....and i find it very interesting too that Felt and Reinhard are Emilia and Subaru's rival currently because of the turn of event. and i bet someone will interupt the selection, either one of the other candidate or someone from the witch side. either way i just can't wait to see what will happen.

Overall, it was a great episode. great introduction for the new character who will be getting more spotlight in this third arc. so the third arc has 13 episode. whole second cour as the third arc. now that is a big one compared to the first arc or even the second arc.

looking foward for the next episode. i've got a bad feeling about it.....
i can't wait to see it XD XD xD
i must say, this is getting more and more interesting, moreover, the scale of the story is getting bigger too compare to the last two arcs xD
and btw, the cliffhanger is a good way to end this introduction episode. i like it :D

Edit:

i forgot to mention it too.

from Felt face right there, i'm getting a thought that she maybe got brainwashed ?
i don't really know, but the reason why i'm getting a thought like that is because of her eyes/expression. it looks empty to me.

Shrimperor said:

exactly what i feel towards subaru in this episode.
tho, i never care about it in the end, but actually, that has something to do with the witch or maybe the curse ? :o
or maybe he was just overprotective towards Emilia....
YizelTroJun 19, 2016 2:40 PM
Jun 19, 2016 2:11 PM

Mar 2010
Nayrael said:

He's definitely being overprotective. That incident with Eisa back in Arc 1 seems put a lot of anxiety into him after coming back here.
Jun 19, 2016 2:12 PM

Jun 2014
"Felt-sama" lol ok. I was expecting the 5th to be the witch.
Jun 19, 2016 2:13 PM
Jun 2016
ok ok. Yeah this episode was well done introducing new characters and having Subaru come in and meet back with Reinhard(spelled right?) but like wtf. The way it ended with the 5th priestess got me by surprise. i haven't seen anything in the commentary about it so what are your guys' opinions on it?Also i liked the fat in the beginning with the emissary how he was talking about Subaru and his deaths. I wonder if he knows something about it. And finally im looking forward to see Subaru's character develop more and watch him actually be able yo his gate/dark magic the right way.
Jun 19, 2016 2:13 PM
Jul 2018
Jagd84 said:
iRels said:

Blessings are just inborn talents that can random manifest in all living beings at the beginning of their birth. So Felt having one has nothing to do with her candidacy.

Wouldn't she have been given it, by a prophecy that existed before she was even born? That her life was influenced somehow?

It wasn't decided since birth? But after, after she was considered suitable? Wouldn't this imply that she's just a random girl? But it isn't decided yet, is it? Rom commented on 'It had to be an Astrea, huh...' Seems like he knows more about her past. And that it should matter.

But really, from what was shown about the world, Felt would indeed, not succeed as a thief, without the favor she posses. It'd then not be her stealing from Emilia.
Jun 19, 2016 2:14 PM

Jul 2013
Nice episode and start of the 3rd arc. For the moment, things are very good. I didn't have too much problems with Subaru's attitude except for the part with the knight Hachiman (Julius or something), the guy just kissed Emilia's hand of courtesy and Subaru gets salty and antagonizes the dude only for that. A very petty gest of his part.

Interesting what Wilhem said about Subaru's eyes. Pure casuality or foreshadowing?

I like Priscilla, Al and all the characters introduced for the moment. Special mention to Karsten (the green-haired girl), I liked her masculine, yet a bit clumsy, personality.

And Felt is the 5th candidate now... She looks pretty with those fancy clothes. Wonder what Reinhard did to convince her to be a candidate. It seems we get political this arc. I cannot wait for the next episode.

Btw, White Fox really contracted quality seiyuus for this arc. Yukari Tamura (Priscilla), Yuka Iguchi (Karsten), Kana Ueda (Kansai-dialect candidate), Keiji Fujiwara (Al), Yui Horie (trap cat)...

Tevens said:
and ofcourse, one person trolled me and pissed me off in this episode, there is no one other than Felix. i mean, after i heard HIS voice and the fact that HE has cat ear, i suddenly thought of Hanekawa.
I though totally the same.
Jun 19, 2016 2:14 PM

Dec 2013
I am already sensing Subaru's death soon. Somehow got a bad feeling about this. The more characters involved in an arc the more likely something is gonna happen fast
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jun 19, 2016 2:16 PM
Aug 2014
I loled pretty hard when Reinhard was announcing himself to the council "ROOOOINHORD van OUSTRÖIA". Definitely the best pronounciation since "Küdöliaa Ooina Bööörnstoinö" from Gundam IBO last season

I love how Rem's attitude to Subaru has changed by 180°, in not sure whos best girl anymore.
Jun 19, 2016 2:20 PM

Jul 2008
ninja88880 said:
Heard this will be a gruesome arc. I wonder if there'd be so much deaths if Subaru wasn't there. Seems to me like he's just bringing death wherever he goes.

Are you kidding? If Subaru did not appear, Felt, Old Man, Emilia, Rem and a bunch of kids would be dead now, while Ram would be mentally crushed.

On other hand, if Subaru packed his things and left forever, he himself would likely stop suffering and dying.
Jun 19, 2016 2:23 PM

Jul 2015
Illyricus said:
Tevens said:
and ofcourse, one person trolled me and pissed me off in this episode, there is no one other than Felix. i mean, after i heard HIS voice and the fact that HE has cat ear, i suddenly thought of Hanekawa.

They have the same VA. :D

Now as for Subaru, I think he is overprotective. There was a scene where he was concerned about Emilia's well-being, considering the assassination in prior loops. The problem is that he feels powerless. He has no special skills. He isn't very intelligent. He can't do a lot of things. But it bothers him that he can't help her. Thus he puts up this annoying attitude and tries to achieve his goals this way. Because if Emilia died, he would most likely commit suicide. If he died on the other hand, he would probably revive. He doesn't want both. So he decides to use this attitude. As to why he is too jealous, I think that either the witch is responsible for that, or he his feelings are genuine and it's hard for him to articulate the rage welling up when a man gets close to Emilia.
Jun 19, 2016 2:25 PM

Jan 2014
Fai said:
Subaru in Arc 1 felt out of his element yet smart witty and WITH A BRAIN.

-Arc 1 Subaru
-Brain

lol...Nice joke :D

Nayrael said:

Are you kidding? If Subaru did not appear, Felt, Old Man, Emilia, Rem and a bunch of kids would be dead now, while Ram would be mentally crushed.
Not sure...Old Giant and Felt might've been still alive...If Subaru wasnt there there is a chance that they would survive and even earn lots of money...
LoneWizzyJun 19, 2016 2:30 PM
Jun 19, 2016 2:28 PM

Mar 2014
Based on the blatant spoilers WN readers have been dropping all over the Episode Discussion posts all this time, I have quite high hopes for the following chapters of this arc.

Jun 19, 2016 2:31 PM

Mar 2010
Sometimes791 said:
Illyricus said:

They have the same VA. :D

Now as for Subaru, I think he is overprotective. There was a scene where he was concerned about Emilia's well-being, considering the assassination in prior loops. The problem is that he feels powerless. He has no special skills. He isn't very intelligent. He can't do a lot of things. But it bothers him that he can't help her. Thus he puts up this annoying attitude and tries to achieve his goals this way. Because if Emilia died, he would most likely commit suicide. If he died on the other hand, he would probably revive. He doesn't want both. So he decides to use this attitude. As to why he is too jealous, I think that either the witch is responsible for that, or he his feelings are genuine and it's hard for him to articulate the rage welling up when a man gets close to Emilia.

Eitherway, he has his heart in the right place but just isn't going about it in the best way. He ultimately needs to learn to have a bit of faith in Emilia's own welfare and ability. Otherwise he's going to run into problems with her. Breaking they promise isn't already go down well for him.
Iron_MawJun 19, 2016 2:42 PM
Jun 19, 2016 2:35 PM

Dec 2014
Well a great episode.. Rem is head over heals towards subaru.. Saw the old characters and yes Felt is back
Jun 19, 2016 2:36 PM
Jul 2018
I'm calling it now that Felt is Priscilla's illegitimate child. It's only because they share similar appearance. Even the red eyes.

But there was also @Fappa telling more about her indulgence in sexual acts.

The show was more subtle, by showing mostly that scene (for now?):

Sure, she's sensual. But a dominatrix? In the first half she was shown to me as extremely condescending. But I wasn't staring at her cleavage. And that alone wouldn't be enough to deduce... Eh. (At least not for me.)
Jun 19, 2016 2:37 PM

Aug 2015
A new story, yeaaay >_<

and... I dont like how Subaru acts around Emilia, basically their interaction, so annoying -___-

Maybe that's why Subaru deserves to die several times LOL
Pages (15) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Today

29 by Shoujoaddict »»
58 minutes ago

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Yesterday, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.