Forum Settings
Forums

Will you allow your children to watch anime?

New
Will you allow your children to watch anime?
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 19, 2016 6:58 AM

May 2016
I'll gladly shape my spawn with the lifestyle I know and love. It'll be a great way for me to discuss and bond as family. My academics are still above average even after watching anime, so all I need is my future wife ~_~

Jun 19, 2016 11:53 AM

May 2009
I'm not going to force anime on my children, but if they are interested I would allow it, and maybe even giving suggestions of animes I've watched.
Even if the future is locked or erased I won't end this prayer because I want to convey my real feelings to you

Jun 19, 2016 12:00 PM
Jun 2016
I would let my kids watch anime! But the minute they get so obsessed that they stop focusing on their studies, sports, music, etc. that's when I have to be stern and draw the line.
Jun 19, 2016 12:51 PM

Apr 2016
Yeah. We can bond watching Pokemon together.
Got oppai?
Jun 19, 2016 5:16 PM

Jun 2016
Yes, certian anime. There are many children's anime out there so I'm sure my future child would at least like one of them. :)
Jun 19, 2016 5:26 PM

Nov 2015
OF COURSE! I even have a selection of movies and shows I want them to watch when they are little! Anyway, if they end up no being into it, I won't pressure them, but I really like a lot the roll anime and manga has in my life, and I also want them to know that I approve it (unlike some other parents) :)
Jun 19, 2016 6:18 PM

Oct 2015
Yes, of course I would allow it, at least, nothing too mature/violent when they aren't of age.

But I wouldn't encourage it either, when/if I end up having children I don't want to force them to be like me.
Jun 19, 2016 6:20 PM

Jan 2016
OF COURSE! I would rather them watch anime then push some of the crap they show on Cartoon Network these days on them. I would let them choose of course, if they like spongebob then to hell with it ill let them watch spongebob.

I might turn on some anime and see how they react to it. Id start them off with Dubs over Subs because i know i was not to interested in reading subtitles when i was a child.
KazumJun 19, 2016 6:23 PM
Taiga is Knowledge, Taiga is Power, Taiga is Life
Jun 19, 2016 6:20 PM
Ribbit

May 2015
I will do all that is in my power to at least introduce my kids to anime.
Jun 19, 2016 11:19 PM

Feb 2016
policemanking said:
Hitler was a bad guy.
Hitler never watched anime.
Therefore not watching anime makes you a bad guy.

Checkmate plebs.

i voted 'yes' after read this post :o
i dont want my kids being a bad guy
Jun 19, 2016 11:26 PM

Jun 2015
Definitely. Of course i would want to show them the awesome stuff and amazing stories that can only be done in anime. Im not sure why you wouldnt. You just assume they would turn out weebs. As a straight A student myself, i would at least make sure it isnt killing their grade
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Jun 19, 2016 11:31 PM
Jul 2018
I'm not a father, but I'm a older brother of two children. I carefully choose what anime I can show to my siblings.

I'll probably follow the same guidelines if I have children someday.
Jun 19, 2016 11:35 PM

Jul 2015
What the hell? Anime has no effect on your social life whatsoever. If you choose to live in your room with no life, that's your own fault. I probably would introduce them to some light-hearted anime when their young. It definitely sparked my creativity when I was younger, so it would probably be nice for them too.
Jun 19, 2016 11:37 PM

Nov 2013
I was talking about this with my best friend the other day. If I had kids they can totally watch anime but I won't force it onto them. If they want to they can. I'll keep an eye on what they are watching when they are young but parents do that with other kinds of media anyway.
I'd support them in what they want to do/watch ect. as long as it is not harm to them.
Jun 20, 2016 4:25 AM

Jun 2016
If I wanted hypothetical kids I would probably let them get into it themselves or at least wait till they're about 14 or 15 before I did attempt to start them on anime. That's about the age I was when I got into anime like a thing but I got into it myself so ...
Jun 20, 2016 4:27 AM

Feb 2015
No, of course. People get real lazy and shit just watching some moving pictures just to stimulate their lazy minds.

I prefer them reading books.
Jun 20, 2016 4:35 AM

May 2016
Yes but just the ones with lots of nudity.
Jun 20, 2016 4:37 AM

Aug 2015

LOL, I dont think that sex experiences relate to anime. but I would say anime has negative effects and it depends on viewers.

I'll allow seldom only for kids anime. example: pokemon, P-man, ninja hattori, or american films such as brave and zootopia.

even I've a thought I wont allow my kids to play with mobile phones LOL

I dont like how today's children having those stuffs. they should be playing and interacting with other kids.
Andes-ChuckyJun 20, 2016 4:48 AM
Jun 20, 2016 4:52 AM

May 2014
I would allow only if it were hokuto no ken, better yet, i would make sure they watched lol
I'd want them to grow balls, thick eyebrows and atatatas since early age.
Jun 20, 2016 4:58 AM

Sep 2009
Sure thing. My kid is almost 6 months old but I'm already planning to show him Chii's Sweet Home when he grows up a bit more and start off from there.
Jun 20, 2016 5:02 AM

Feb 2015
Mine already do and my boy is only 3 years old
Jun 20, 2016 7:28 AM

Jan 2014
Yes. I wanted my children to watch the shows that I loved. And not only that, I'd even forbid them to watch retarded western cartoons : P
The writer who penned Clashing Feelings. You can buy the light novel on Amazon.
Jun 20, 2016 8:37 AM

Jul 2014
If my child disappoints me, I will have him/her sit and watch Pupa with me.
Doctors want to check me
Poke me and dissect me
What do they expect?
Feelings from a wind-up toy?
I don't think so

Jun 20, 2016 9:17 AM

Oct 2015
I am a bit baffled that so many want to force Pokemon onto their future children.

Once those future children are old enough for it, I don't think that Pokemon then will be a thing anymore. Definitely not as much as it used to be.
No other children to trade things with, no buddies to play Pokemon games with - heck, children then trying to talk to other children about Pokemon might be perceived as weirdos, ridiculed for their interest in stoneage-entertainment.
*darn, using my right hand is off-limits for a while. Typing with my left hand only is ... eww.*
Jun 20, 2016 10:18 AM
Jan 2016
@Hikari-shiki @KiriZama @MiziTami

Personally, If I ever have kid's I would not introduce anime to them, if they find animes and start watching I won't have any objection. But, i don't know about my Future Wife..........
XD !!!!
Jun 20, 2016 10:27 AM

Jun 2015

y, if it sword art online, tokyo ghoul, shingeki no kyojin
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 20, 2016 10:33 AM

Nov 2015
Mezeru said:

Personally, If I ever have kid's I would not introduce anime to them, if they find animes and start watching I won't have any objection. But, i don't know about my Future Wife..........
XD !!!!

Acchiaaa xD Mere pass 2 gfs hai... Ek mangta kya? xDD
If you know what I mean... xDD

And about the question, It is a tough question, Inded. I will let them watch animes, but then again... I am not too sure... :p
Jun 20, 2016 10:40 AM
Jul 2018
Mezeru said:

XD !!!!

NOPE. I don't wanna ruin their lives too.

KiriZama said:

@KiriZama Abe Bhaiyye isme IYKWIM kya kya point hai? Sab to sidha sidha likha hai na re bageer. -_-
Jun 20, 2016 10:46 AM

Nov 2015
MiziTami said:
Mezeru said:

XD !!!!

NOPE. I don't wanna ruin their lives too.

KiriZama said:

@KiriZama Abe Bhaiyye isme IYKWIM kya kya point hai? Sab to sidha sidha likha hai na re bageer. -_-

Tereko nakko maloom.... use bhi DEEP ek baat hai :3
Jun 20, 2016 10:50 AM

May 2016
I won't allow them to watch anything else.
Back from the dead
Jun 20, 2016 10:51 AM

Feb 2015
i would answer it "no" if ma child is still 14 or 13 years old. if he/she became 15, go watch whatever ya want xD well, if the anime could be watched by all ages then okay, but if it's something gruesome or ecchi or 18+, no. wait until at least 16 xD or 17 xD

so i say no.....and yes....
Jun 20, 2016 11:24 AM

Feb 2016
If they want I will let them,as long as it's not something ecchi.(because they are kids not because I don't like ecchi stuff)

Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down
Letting the days go by, water flowing underground
Into the blue again after the money's gone
Once in a lifetime, water flowing underground

(✿◕ᴗ◕)人(◕ᴗ◕✿)

Jun 20, 2016 11:26 AM

Jun 2014
allow? I will force them to watch anime lol

- sadly #foreveralone , I'm a book that no one will read, a song that no one will listen to, a movie that no one will watch
shonenkingJun 20, 2016 11:51 AM
Jun 20, 2016 1:42 PM

Feb 2008
Let kids watch cartoons yo. My little niece has watched a couple of anime shows with me this last month, and has favorites already.

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Jun 20, 2016 1:45 PM

Apr 2013
Only if it's hentai and only if it's that good hentai where if I catch my son, I'd still be proud of him.
Jun 20, 2016 1:47 PM

Jul 2014
Why not? I mean, the only risk is that they would become weeaboos... Well... I think I won't, I don't want weebs in my house.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2016 5:12 AM

Feb 2016
I do let my daughter watch anime. I didn't even force it on her; she went to the anime section on her own at the video store and picked out one that she thought looked good, now she regularly looks for more. I just have to be careful about which ones I let her watch because my wife seems to believe all anime are evil ecchi things.
Jun 21, 2016 7:30 AM

Jul 2014
No. If I ever see them watching anime, I'll ban them from using the computer and ground them.

I don't want them to become Weeaboos and be constantly spouting Japanese words meaninglessly.
Jun 26, 2016 3:46 PM

Jun 2013
Yes of course, I would allow them to watch anime.
Jun 26, 2016 4:06 PM

Dec 2012
Well, I don't own much anime that's suitable for children, most of it is PG-13 and R level but yes when I think they can handle it.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jun 26, 2016 4:16 PM

Jun 2009
I won't force them, but I would introduced them to anime. I was four years old when I discover anime like Speed Racer, G-Force and The New Adventures of Gigantor.
Jun 26, 2016 8:36 PM
Dec 2015
I definitely will suggest my children to watch anime since i wanna marry a guy who loves anime . And anime is soo cool, I want my children to be cool as well. I can communicate better with someone who also into anime.

😚😚😚
Jun 27, 2016 9:39 AM

Jul 2014
I'll let my kids do what they want and watch what they want. I just might restrict their access to certain shows until they're teenagers...
Just pretend I have a signature here
Jun 27, 2016 9:42 AM

Feb 2015
Yep, but I'll be careful so they don't get overly addicted... And I won't show em Shingeki no Kyojin until their older... For sure
Jun 27, 2016 3:38 PM

Apr 2016
Of course I would. I grew up watching Pokémon and Sailor Moon S on VHS and watching Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo on Adult Swim I think I turned out pretty okay...
Jun 27, 2016 6:18 PM

Dec 2013
I wont force them to watch any, however I'll allow them if the happen to like anime, that is if I ever want to have any childrens
Jun 27, 2016 8:07 PM

Jun 2016
Oh yeah, absolutely!

Partypopperrulez said:
I grew up watching Pokémon and Sailor Moon S on VHS and watching Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo on Adult Swim I think I turned out pretty okay...

I grew up watching other ones, but still, this. There's nothing wrong with us :P

It would be amazing if they wanted to watch the ones I've first watched and loved, such as InuYasha.

However, I won't force anything on them.
"Nothing crushes us".
Jun 27, 2016 8:12 PM

Jan 2014
Anime won't necessarily ruin your life as long as you know time management.

Personally, I want my heir to pick up a hobby and anime/otaku medium is something I would definitely choose.
Jun 27, 2016 10:09 PM

Oct 2015
I'm not going to have kids but if I did:

I would start out with stuff like most Ghibli movies, Wolf Children and Pokemon when they were able to enjoy those like around 5-6 and eventually move probably move up to shounens by the time they were around 8-10, by the time they became teens I wouldn't care what they were watching, they'd probably eventually get into seinen. If they really wanted to watch something like Cowboy Bebop I'd let them though unless I knew they couldn't handle it. My friend was playing GTA III when she was 6 and turned out to be really peaceful person.

If they disliked anime though I wouldn't force them to watch it though, they would just end up hating it then. I always loved anime, Pokemeon was my favorite show as a kid.
MattKitsune96Jun 27, 2016 10:13 PM
Jun 27, 2016 10:15 PM

Nov 2011
I'm assuming this was meant to be a troll thread.

MattKitsune96 said:
I'm not going to have kids but if I did:

I would start out with stuff like most Ghibli movies, Wolf Children and Pokemon when they were able to enjoy those like around 5-6 and eventually move probably move up to shounens by the time they were around 8-10, by the time they became teens I wouldn't care what they were watching, they'd probably eventually get into seinen. If they really wanted to watch something like Cowboy Bebop I'd let them though unless I knew they couldn't handle it. My friend was playing GTA III when she was 6 and turned out to be really peaceful person.

If they disliked anime though I wouldn't force them to watch it though, they would just end up hating it then. I always loved anime, Pokemeon was my favorite show as a kid.

You should force them to watch Urotsukidoji and Shojo Tsubaki as soon as you can.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 1 hour ago

2 by BitChilly »»
2 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

196 by ISeeLifePeople »»
7 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

18 by Subarctic-Forest »»
9 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

69 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
21 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

14 by traed »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.