Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 18, 2016 5:24 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, Trunks' rage was pretty much expected. I think there's an obvious gap in fighting ability between him and Black though. Really felt bad for what Future Trunks had to experience.

Little Trunks' abilities has a lot of potential still in the present storyline, glad to see that they're keeping him relevant. What a way for the Future Trunks to greet Goku lol. I literally jumped.
Jun 18, 2016 5:28 PM
Jul 2018
Another good episode, at least for me. I don't mind the comedy in Dragon Ball when it's a secondary thing, like it is now. Officially hyped for this whole arc.
Jun 18, 2016 5:30 PM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Pilaf is such an idiot lol....Pretty decent episode overall though

Interesting that Kid Trunks was able to generate as much power as Gohan did in the Frieza arc
Jun 18, 2016 6:37 PM

Mar 2013
perfect I love the build up in this arc I need an explanation to black goku's existence If not I don't care because next episode black goku shows up in the same timeline as future trunks.
Jun 18, 2016 7:28 PM

Jul 2015
Damn. Pretty intense episode. "Trunks err... the small one" lol
Jun 18, 2016 8:26 PM

Sep 2012
I didn't know what to expect after the recent episode, which didn't really impress me too much (mostly because Trunks kind of just let people die for no reason by not going SSJ)

We got some actually pretty nice animation and art in this episode, pretty good music direction, and it was more interesting than the last episode. Trunks actually goes SSJ, so I wonder why he didn't do it earlier in the previous episode. Now it looks like he has PTSD from what happened, and the PV for the next episode had some nice clips as well. Maybe Dragon Ball isn't dead after all.
Jun 18, 2016 8:58 PM
Feb 2009
what is there to say, the whole new arc looks to be so stupid is not even funny, so we have a goku lookalike who looks like is not even worth being an opponent, he manage to beat SSJ trunks but also got hurt by him, and look goku goes SSJ to fight the new enemy, why cant these damn DBZ fighter go all out and exterminate right away, just go SSJ B and kill the dude. if this arc wants to get anywhere they need someone to be this goku look alike boss, cause i dont see him being strong at all, unless toriyama trolls us/
Jun 18, 2016 9:23 PM

Dec 2015
daman246 said:
what is there to say, the whole new arc looks to be so stupid is not even funny, so we have a goku lookalike who looks like is not even worth being an opponent, he manage to beat SSJ trunks but also got hurt by him, and look goku goes SSJ to fight the new enemy, why cant these damn DBZ fighter go all out and exterminate right away, just go SSJ B and kill the dude. if this arc wants to get anywhere they need someone to be this goku look alike boss, cause i dont see him being strong at all, unless toriyama trolls us/

Cry more~~~~~~~~~
Fellaini is God
Jun 18, 2016 10:59 PM

Jun 2013
I am really happy when Dragon Ball got this serious arc, DGB finally returned it true self. Can't wait for next week, Goku vs Dark Goku.
Jun 18, 2016 11:08 PM

Apr 2014
Goku meets Black in next episode.
themanualreader@proton.me
Jun 18, 2016 11:36 PM
Jun 2011
goku vs black goku next episode will be epic
Jun 19, 2016 12:07 AM

Jan 2009
damn next week Black Goku will be coming to the present timeline too
cannot wait for him and Goku to fight
Jun 19, 2016 1:04 AM

Jan 2008
This episode was alright, but next week will be all the hype. I just hope that they don't meet at the very end of the episode.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jun 19, 2016 1:52 AM
Sep 2014
Vladz0r said:
I didn't know what to expect after the recent episode, which didn't really impress me too much (mostly because Trunks kind of just let people die for no reason by not going SSJ)

We got some actually pretty nice animation and art in this episode, pretty good music direction, and it was more interesting than the last episode. Trunks actually goes SSJ, so I wonder why he didn't do it earlier in the previous episode. Now it looks like he has PTSD from what happened, and the PV for the next episode had some nice clips as well. Maybe Dragon Ball isn't dead after all.

Trunks going ssj would have done nothing but get him tired faster and killed. You cannot complain about that.
Jun 19, 2016 2:01 AM

Dec 2011
We are 2 episodes in this arc and both were great.Amazing episode and that little fight with Black vs Trunks was epic.
Next week episode is looking epic.Can't wait...
Jun 19, 2016 2:27 AM

Aug 2010
That was fun. Black's a great villain so far. Trunks got PTSD. Chibi Trunk has no idea what's going on lol

Animation during the fight was pretty nice. And Black's already gonna be arriving nxt ep. Damn!

Will he be THAT strong? Strong enough to have the current Goku fight him and not end the arc. Interesting.
Jun 19, 2016 3:01 AM

Apr 2014
Hmm, the episode was so so. I can already see Team Four Star making a riot out of limbo party with Karin and Yajirobe once they will mane DBS Abridged.

As for the rest of the story. I can't understand, why they can't just tell present Trunks that the other one is his future self from an alternate timeline?

Future Trunks was also no match for Black, but still... if Black isn't a saiyan, then who is he? Also, he referred to Trunks as an "saiyan", but later on he said out his name. And at the next ep preview Black appears from the future just like that from a dark void, so that means Black can also manipulate time and is more powerful at doing it than Whis?
Jun 19, 2016 3:08 AM

Jun 2015
DAYUM! Epic Ep! Things are getting so juicy *-*
Jun 19, 2016 3:08 AM

Jun 2016
I think black comes out too sooon.....No build up at all :/

I mean now he show up in place where vegeta, goku, beerus and whis are Lol he will get auto rekt
Jun 19, 2016 3:16 AM

Jan 2012
Fun episode. The more I see Trunks and Mai together the more I ship them...screw age differences! XD
Jun 19, 2016 3:22 AM

Jan 2013
Such a good episode, I'm pleased to have two great episodes in a row. Toei doing a good job.

Can't wait to know more about Black Goku's background. He seems intriguing and cool
Jun 19, 2016 3:59 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode, That pilaf explanation XD

Black seems really strong.

Poor Trunks (Both of them), One is traumatized and the other is simply confused.
Jun 19, 2016 4:20 AM

Aug 2014
this episode was very fucking good.

This is how the serrie should look from the start.
DrrrZoltyJun 19, 2016 4:28 AM
Jun 19, 2016 4:22 AM

May 2015
to be honest, wish they didn't include Pilaf's gang in super, it would have been nice to bring back some of the old Zfighters. I hope Mai and Trunks aren't a thing it would be really gross.
Jun 19, 2016 4:24 AM

Feb 2013
It ended right at the best part.
Pilaf is funny, lol.
They made kid Trunks think the most stupid things.
Jun 19, 2016 4:26 AM

Jan 2015
This is just getting interesting ! :/
Jun 19, 2016 4:28 AM
May 2016
Vladz0r said:

The reason Trunks didnt go SSJ last episode was because of the lack of energy he has. You need to understand that in the future there is no food and people are suviving with dog/cat food. Trunks was trying to conserve the little energy he has but seeing everyone die, he just let all his energy out. Thats the reason, he was unconscious when he returned to present timeline. He hasnt done much against balck but still he was in a bad condition when he returned to present.
Jun 19, 2016 4:54 AM
Nov 2015
Since I wrote about the last one's problems I have to say: This one was, once again, a pretty good episode. And this time there were not any soundtrack problems. It was a solid episode from the very beginning!
Jun 19, 2016 4:55 AM
Jun 2013
Grad13n said:
Vladz0r said:

The reason Trunks didnt go SSJ last episode was because of the lack of energy he has. You need to understand that in the future there is no food and people are suviving with dog/cat food. Trunks was trying to conserve the little energy he has but seeing everyone die, he just let all his energy out. Thats the reason, he was unconscious when he returned to present timeline. He hasnt done much against balck but still he was in a bad condition when he returned to present.

Uhh.. he was like putting a serious fight against Black even before Mai got killed. It was absolutely stupid of him if he fought conserving his energy knowing that he would get his ass kicked nonetheless.
He should've done that hit-and-run trick from the very beginning. Because for whatever stupid reason, Black was unable to detect his ki, just long enough for him to start up the time machine.
Bottom line, the writing is dumb and done just for dramatization.
With that said though, I still enjoy the episode. Just need to turn the brain off.
Jun 19, 2016 5:03 AM
Mar 2010
mangacomic said:
Grad13n said:

Uhh.. he was like putting a serious fight against Black even before Mai got killed. It was absolutely stupid of him if he fought conserving his energy knowing that he would get his ass kicked nonetheless.
He should've done that hit-and-run trick from the very beginning. Because for whatever stupid reason, Black was unable to detect his ki, just long enough for him to start up the time machine.
Bottom line, the writing is dumb and done just for dramatization.
With that said though, I still enjoy the episode. Just need to turn the brain off.

Black is so OP.

I never used my brain when watching anime cause logic doesn't work in anime well for some maybe but never use then in anime it cartoons it whose you won't enjoy then as much.
HELLSATANJun 19, 2016 6:36 AM
Jun 19, 2016 5:23 AM

Dec 2011
Trunks lasted surprisingly long against somebody whose supposedly at at least SSG level. The hair things throwing me off. What did Trunks tell Bulma he was dying his hair before leaving for the future?
Jun 19, 2016 5:44 AM

Nov 2013
Why was there so much filler and stalling in this episode tho? Literally last episode Trunks was about to use the time machine. This episode: Uses the time machine, sees Goku and goes to punch him. The End.
Jun 19, 2016 6:52 AM

Aug 2014
Whatever happened to the fun Pilaf of the original DB? In his tyrannical cartoonyness he was one of the best villains dragon ball had. I seriously don't know why Toriyama brought him and his gang back.
They also need to stop the kid Trunks and Mai relationship. She's 41. It's just creepy. Just because she has the body of a 10 year old it doesn't mean it's okay.
Jun 19, 2016 7:09 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Vegeta savage, his expression when that old lady leaves.

Another fantastic episode. The fight between B.Goku and Future Trunks dare I say was much better than most of the U6 tournament. Black Goku's purple Kamahameha looked great as well as that yellow/black energy ball. Love the colors used for the attacks.

I feel bad for Future Trunks. The guy wakes up and sees Goku and lunges at him. Keep in mind when Future Trunks left in the Cell Games arc, Goku was dead. So seeing him alive, and next to Bulma, such a traumatizing moment.

Based on the preview for next episode, Goku vs Black Goku. It's obvious Black Goku found a way to time travel. We see in the preview that Black Goku has a ring with a light point to the sky and a purple tear in the sky, possibly a time traveling ring? I'm still curious if Future Mai will play a role in the show. She's on the OP card where the green Kai is.

Jun 19, 2016 7:25 AM

Oct 2015
Pilaf is hilarious ahaha and poor Trunks seing his lovely ones being killed, meanwhile little trunks is like "WTF" xD really hyped for next episode this arc gona be amazing!
Jun 19, 2016 7:29 AM

Jun 2012
This episode was a 10/10 for me until I saw that next episode preview. So apparently Black can time travel at will? Next episode should be amazing.
Jun 19, 2016 8:10 AM

Apr 2011
Good episode...

Goku VS Black next week!

Man, here we go again with one week worth of waiting lol XD

Jun 19, 2016 8:13 AM
Feb 2015
How can Goku sense Trunks ki from Beerus' planet? It's way too far and Trunks power isn't strong enough to be felt that far.
Jun 19, 2016 8:32 AM

Sep 2012
NorthBayAnime said:
Vladz0r said:

Trunks going ssj would have done nothing but get him tired faster and killed. You cannot complain about that.

He could've tried to save Mai or Bulma. It looks like he just stood there and didn't even try or use the Z-teleport thing or whatever (low range instant transmission that everybody uses). The pace of episode 47 just feels artificial and inexplicable, compared to something like Trunks and Future Gohan fighting the Androids.
Jun 19, 2016 9:01 AM
Jul 2018
It was a good episode.

Poor Future Trunks!

I can't wait to see Goku vs Black on the next episode!
Jun 19, 2016 9:11 AM
Dec 2013
The animation for this episode was superb. Trunks finally goes back in time. He mistakes Goku for Black and attacks him. Next episode preview shows Trunks fighting Goku, and Black somehow going back in time to arrive in the current timeline already. I hope this arc is long (at least 30 episodes long). It'd be a shame if it was short. Still sad that the show is outside the Top 2000.
wildhoodJun 19, 2016 10:01 AM
Jun 19, 2016 9:36 AM

Feb 2015
We're 2 episodes into the new story arc, and they haven't messed it up yet. Am I dreaming? That fight at the start of the episode was amazing. If only every fight could've been of this quality...
Things seem to be moving at a fast pace with Black Goku finding his way to future Trunks already in the next episode.
Jun 19, 2016 9:52 AM

Jan 2014
I've probably watched that end 5 times by now. Holy shit.

And although I liked Future!Trunks and Mai, Kid!Trunks is going to be with Pan in this future. I shipped those two hard in GT.
Jun 19, 2016 10:28 AM

Dec 2012
I was expecting Trunks to attack Goku. I loved how easily Goku was able to block the punch.

That Masenko from Trunks.
Albi-kunJun 19, 2016 10:31 AM
Jun 19, 2016 10:37 AM

Jan 2013
Goosebumps!!! Good episode
Jun 19, 2016 11:30 AM
Jul 2008
The fight between Trunks and Black Goku was short but surprisingly good. The more I see from this arc, the more I love it. We kinda knew Black Goku was going to get to the present at some point, but I thought it would be in another 2 or 3 episodes or something like that. Nope, he arrives next episode. I kinda theorized that maybe he had a more powerful version of instant transmission where instead of just changing locations, he can see through time if he concentrates hard enough. Nope, his ring apparently can time travel. I hate to say this, but next week might just end with Goku and Black Goku meeting, Goku powering up, and credits. I do hope I'm wrong though. I am really liking Black Goku so far and hope this arc goes on for a while.
Jun 19, 2016 11:41 AM

Jan 2012
It seems like with each episode there's more and more filler content.
Episode was like 14 minutes long, too short!
Jun 19, 2016 11:42 AM

May 2014
Damn... DBS i getting better and better
"A life that lives without doing anything is the same as a slow death" -Lelouch Vi Brittania
Jun 19, 2016 11:49 AM

Aug 2014
everyones saying repeating the same thing..

where else i still see disapointment... in dbs

Jun 19, 2016 12:27 PM

Dec 2014
kevin_video said:
This episode was alright, but next week will be all the hype. I just hope that they don't meet at the very end of the episode.

Based on previous previews, they will.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2015

51 by TheColonel76 »»
Today, 8:45 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2015

96 by TheColonel76 »»
Today, 7:36 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

102 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 9:57 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 66 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 12, 2016

352 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 19, 8:46 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball Super Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 14, 2015

57 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 10:34 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.