Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 19, 2010 1:25 PM

Oct 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ok so Kurumi got enough strength to confess to Kazehaya but I was mostly surprised he was understanding in all this....though more he would reject her coldly. Ok I don't what happened on MAL but I could not edit at all anything and it was terrible. Now I wanted to say that Pin's comedy is like gold in a mine....it sells and works great on me especially with Kurumi in this episode. Kurumi on the other hand wanted to get more sympathy but this time I did not let myself be deceived at all even though I felt all that sympathy towards her as it was supposed to be. Yano and Yoshida had their share of funny expressions again. Too bad Sawako's team lost in the end but Kazehaya's team won so it's all good. In the end I still love why I married the anime character Sawako Kuronuma because of things like this and this one I call this the sleeping beauty=> Another nice time of a cute couple of Kazehaya x Sawako I find nice=>
Now Kurumi does remind me here of a Hollywood star but what she did is still going to unforgivable as a suffering towards Sawako=>
A pin moment laughing over for minutes....good Pin moment=>
Overall another easy 5/5 episode...no wait 10/5 it was incredible in emotions.
francismeunierJan 19, 2010 5:23 PM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 19, 2010 2:38 PM

Aug 2009
Enjoyed the episode,

the rejection seemed pretty smooth and decent to me :) If it was cold then she would have deserved it anyway. No empathy is needed. Yea there was a flashback of her in middle school, but that just shows how she hasn't changed ever since. She pulled girls away from guys attention, the girls did it back to her and now she does it again victimizing Sawako.
[right]

Jan 19, 2010 5:25 PM

Oct 2009
porkypink said:
Enjoyed the episode,

the rejection seemed pretty smooth and decent to me :) If it was cold then she would have deserved it anyway. No empathy is needed. Yea there was a flashback of her in middle school, but that just shows how she hasn't changed ever since. She pulled girls away from guys attention, the girls did it back to her and now she does it again victimizing Sawako.
Yeah the flashback of school was also unforgivable.....she made a girl cry over and I don't like that. Her crying is like a fake movie mask.

Jan 19, 2010 6:49 PM

Apr 2009
I think we all saw Kurumi being rejected coming lol (at least I hope we all did >_>). At least now Kurumi will act like her true self from now on; no more of that double-standard treatment. Pin owns, period.
ReaperEXEJan 19, 2010 6:53 PM
Jan 19, 2010 7:22 PM

Aug 2009
francismeunier said:

Another nice time of a cute couple of Kazehaya x Sawako I find nice=>

That was cute. I also found Ryu at that party pretty funny, well, cute.. no homo.. >.>

francismeunier said:

Now Kurumi does remind me here of a Hollywood star but what she did is still going to unforgivable as a suffering towards Sawako=>

People changes alot after heartbreaking o_o I remember two of my friends broke up with their girlfriend and the next few days they shaved their heads (both had hair about 7-8 inches) and started smoking marijuana o_o Whether if the people are actually gf/bf or not, when they rejected or broken up they change.

This showed a good example of it. Kurumi wearing sunglasses and, as ReaperEXE mentioned, being more of who she really is in front of people instead of acting cute.
[right]

Jan 19, 2010 10:11 PM
Oct 2007
KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Enough said.
Jan 19, 2010 10:13 PM

Nov 2008
Kurumi has finally unleashed the truth and her true nature!

However... the excitement for the next episode was quickly crushed since it is a recap.

RECAP!!!!
Jan 19, 2010 10:13 PM

Dec 2008
porkypink said:

francismeunier said:

People changes alot after heartbreaking o_o I remember two of my friends broke up with their girlfriend and the next few days they shaved their heads (both had hair about 7-8 inches) and started smoking marijuana o_o Whether if the people are actually gf/bf or not, when they rejected or broken up they change.

This showed a good example of it. Kurumi wearing sunglasses and, as ReaperEXE mentioned, being more of who she really is in front of people instead of acting cute.

Errr I believe the reason why Kurumi wore sunglasses was to hide her swollen eyes from crying..not because she has changed or "become her true self" >_>

----

That ending scene was breathtaking <3. There are just so many moments in this anime where I just end up staring at the screen in awe
Jan 19, 2010 11:11 PM

Sep 2009
Wow....ending scene is really amazing...and it was really funny seeing Kazehaya embarrassed. I hope some more confessions happen soon though.
Jan 19, 2010 11:20 PM

Jul 2008
porkypink said:
She pulled girls away from guys attention

What? She didn't do anyting. It seemed to me like Kurumi was just being nice, and those girls got jealous/mad at her because they thought she was doing that on purpose. They didn't even bother to ask her about it. Kurumi then decided to do the same since people were doing that to her.

After this ep, now I really like Kurumi. Hope she doesn't go away.

Aww~

Also, why the hell do we need a goddamn recap?!
Jan 19, 2010 11:29 PM

Sep 2008
Kurumi is finally able to move past this bs. It's a brand new day and now she can just focus on kicking ass.
Jan 19, 2010 11:57 PM
Jun 2009
better than i thought it would be, they handled the rejection part really well..
Jan 20, 2010 12:29 AM

Jun 2008
nice episode. 5/5!

Jan 20, 2010 12:33 AM

Apr 2008
Kimi ni Todoke without Kurumi would be boring as hell. Good to see an episode that develops the lone complex character in this otherwise bland show.

Jan 20, 2010 12:35 AM

Aug 2009
Rejected! Kurumi seemed somewhat okay with it...and now she shows her true nature...I just hope she finds someone nice...who is not Pin lol

Sawako x Kazehaya need to hurry up and make out. Bubbles and sparkles aren't going to last me forever. I want some action already! ;D

I'm a bandwagon whore

Ow. My Heart. <3
Jan 20, 2010 12:38 AM

Sep 2009
Nameless_Hero said:
porkypink said:
What? She didn't do anyting. It seemed to me like Kurumi was just being nice, and those girls got jealous/mad at her because they thought she was doing that on purpose. They didn't even bother to ask her about it. Kurumi then decided to do the same since people were doing that to her.
Thankyou atleast someone understood the flashback. The whole 'Kurumi hatred' is just clouding judgement.
Flashback showed how Kurumi became what she is now. Kurumi being very pretty, all guys liking her...bam all the girls hate her out of jealousy.Fake friendships and so on.

Aww~
Thats one hyper awww moment. Thought Kazehaya would touch her hair or her cheeks but instead called her 'Sawako' -- ugghh! want more developement in their relationship..cant wait!

"Arent you even a little bit happy that I confessed to you?" -A show actually mentioned a true fact like this...I am in love with this show.How much ever people deny it, but you always like it when someone has a crush on you.

Finally Kurumi is going to be herself. Shes entertaining like that.

Wonder what sort of dictionary Sawako uses. :P

The next episode is a recap! Why?!! :(
Jan 20, 2010 12:42 AM

May 2008
LOL Kurumi looks so funny with the sunglasses, oh well alls well that ends well,Pin died WOOHOO lets celebrate

next next

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jan 20, 2010 12:54 AM

Jan 2009
Yes we are done with kurumi it didint need to take that many episodes for her but it was a good episode.
Jan 20, 2010 1:42 AM

Jul 2009
See i told you Kurumi is not that bad..she is cute actually

Poor Pin didn't get his Yakinuku Probably next time Pin..probably never actually XD
Jan 20, 2010 1:45 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Annisa said:
KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Enough said.
fixed!
p r o f i l e 👀
Jan 20, 2010 2:35 AM

Dec 2009
For some reason, I quite liked when, after Kurumi confessed and then started spilling (about how it was "unthinkable" that she would like "an idiot" like Pin, how Kazehaya will never get another girl as cute as her, etc.) to Kazehaya, he asks her, "Kurumizawa..were you always like this?"

I hope we get to see Kurumi showing her true colors from now on. I think it was Chizo in the ep who said, "If she [Kurumi] had been like this from the start, I wouldn't have disliked her so much." That's pretty much how I feel. I think I'd start to like Kurumi's character better if she just stopped altogether with the innocent, bubbly girl act now. She's already laid all her cards out really, so what's the use in pretending anymore? If she wants to be b*tchy, she should really OWN it.

Kazehaya & Sawako were cute as always at the end, but I kinda wish more had happened there...
OnyxEyes3Jan 20, 2010 2:49 AM
~Heart & Thoughts With Japan~

Jan 20, 2010 2:39 AM

Sep 2009
Aww what a cute episode =^_^=
TIME TO LIVE FOREVER BABY!

http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=19549
Please join if you love Asian Cinema :)
Jan 20, 2010 2:47 AM

Jun 2009
kyonkundenwa said:
Kimi ni Todoke without Kurumi would be boring as hell. Good to see an episode that develops the lone complex character in this otherwise bland show.

This.

All hail Kurumi!!!
Jan 20, 2010 3:00 AM

Jul 2008
Kurumi was definitely the star for me this episode, being able to muster up the ability to confess to Kazehaya as well as putting on an enjoyable performance in the aftermath of said confession.
Jan 20, 2010 3:23 AM

Oct 2009
porkypink said:
francismeunier said:

Another nice time of a cute couple of Kazehaya x Sawako I find nice=>

porkypink said:
That was cute. I also found Ryu at that party pretty funny, well, cute.. no homo.. >.>

Yeah I know what you mean about Ryuu he was funny at the party. That was by far the cutest that has come yet with Kazehaya x Sawako.

francismeunier said:

porkypink said:

Yeah, but the whole drug thing was it not to forget/ run from reality? They should have changed differently, I remember I had a depression for sometime about all this gf breaking up thing but never would I think to drown myself in toxic substances to forget about her.
porkypink said:
Oh that I see in her but her past is not to forget.....will not forgive for the suffering caused to Sawako even if Sawako does!
robbydesu said:
porkypink said:

francismeunier said:

Errr I believe the reason why Kurumi wore sunglasses was to hide her swollen eyes from crying..not because she has changed or "become her true self" >_>
Yeah that's what I was thinking....
Nameless_Hero said:
porkypink said:

So the girls got jealous/mad to the point of faking feelings too? That is just a new low for all this! I guess I can see why Kurumi would adapt the fake motto after she finds out about things like that those girls did to her....like I said before I curse the people who made Kurumi into a person she is now.
Laevantein said:

Poor Pin didn't get his Yakinuku Probably next time Pin..probably never actually XD
Laevantein.....I will still not get deceived by Kurumi no matter how she acts......she fooled me in episode 14 but no more! This is Spartaaaaaaaaaaaa!

OnyxEyes3 said:
For some reason, I quite liked when, after Kurumi confessed and then started spilling (about how it was "unthinkable" that she would like "an idiot" like Pin, how Kazehaya will never get another girl as cute as her, etc.) to Kazehaya, he asks her, "Kurumizawa..were you always like this?"

Ha! Sawako is cuter than Kurumi in every aspects!
OnyxEyes3 said:
"I hope we get to see Kurumi showing her true colors from now on. I think it was Chizo in the ep who said, "If she [Kurumi] had been like this from the start, I wouldn't have disliked her so much." That's pretty much how I feel. I think I'd start to like Kurumi's character better if she just stopped altogether with the innocent, bubbly girl act now. She's already laid all her cards out really, so what's the use in pretending anymore? If she wants to be b*tchy, she should really OWN it."
Agree with all in between the "" if Kurumi would have been honest and did not do anything like those stupid rumors that hurt Sawako I would have been ok with her but because of that I am not at all!

Jan 20, 2010 3:39 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:

Laevantein said:

Laevantein.....I will still not get deceived by Kurumi no matter how she acts......she fooled me in episode 14 but no more! This is Spartaaaaaaaaaaaa!

LMAO..i actually didn't feel deceived by Kurumi it feel so cute when she did that, it's just the way she is..let's face it she is more cuter when she is honest like that and didn't wear that mask again now that she tell Kazehaya her true feeling i like her more..XD
Jan 20, 2010 3:40 AM

Apr 2009
Kurumi looks kinda cool with her shades on. I'm glad that she finally let go of her annoying front.
I'm also glad that they ended her story on a good note. I think she's a very like-able character for me now.

The part with Kaze and Sawako at the end made me smile, although that's always to be expected from this series.
Kaze's shock by Sawako's reply and feelings of embarrassment was very charming and made me chuckle.

What a great way to end this arc!
mell4444Jan 20, 2010 3:45 AM
Jan 20, 2010 4:08 AM

Nov 2008
I like that Kurumi finally revealed her true self. As Chizu said, I like her much more this way.
This episode was very enjoyable, I was smiling all the time. Kyaaa.
Jan 20, 2010 4:11 AM

Oct 2009
Aww, so cute, realised I was holding my breath during the end. All he did was call her first name but it was so sweet!
His face when she leaned over onto him was also really cute.

I liked Kurumi in this, I thought she handled everything very well, and was really happy she didn't try and ruin anything between Kazehaya and Sawako. Kazehaya's face when she started acting normal at the end of her confession was so confused!
Pin, Yano, Yoshida and the sleeping Ryuu at the party were great as well.
Jan 20, 2010 4:12 AM

Oct 2009
Laevantein said:
francismeunier said:

Laevantein said:

LMAO..i actually didn't feel deceived by Kurumi it feel so cute when she did that, it's just the way she is..let's face it she is more cuter when she is honest like that and didn't wear that mask again now that she tell Kazehaya her true feeling i like her more..XD
Rofl, I know her cute side was over 9000 compared to let's say over 3000 before but her cute side is what is trying to make me forget her past mistakes and let's face it though it is forgivable for some....for me this hate will go on. Good thing like many say.....her arc is over and it's time that she goes away from the scene so to speak.

Jan 20, 2010 4:15 AM
Oct 2009
This was much better than the last episode but like others have said my enjoyment was quickly crushed when I saw the previews for next week. Stupid Recaps.

Jan 20, 2010 4:26 AM

Nov 2007
Wow O_O, Kurumi sleeping was just ... @_@ they should totally put that as her main picture! But that aside I was surprised by the lack of reaction and quick response of Kazehaya, I thought he would have been at least a bit surprised by Kurumi's confession but he wasn't flustered or anything =O but oh well, still a pretty sweet episode ^^
Jan 20, 2010 5:09 AM
Jun 2008
Somehow the word " Rival" in this episode doesn't sound as hostile as i normally think.....I wonder why? Heheh ^^

The real show start now!! but i am expecting the failure from it =P
MorningGloryJan 20, 2010 5:14 AM
Jan 20, 2010 5:16 AM

Mar 2008
Awww so cute ^^
I'm gad Kurumi changed for the better, I'm glad the arc finally finished well. I hope she also gets over him after she got rejected, to make way for Sawake.
...oh wait after she said "rivals" NOOO NOT CONTINUED LOVE TRIANGLE =.= I hate them...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2010 5:25 AM

Mar 2009
I was really afraid that this part would end up in a clishé... but WOW, this was excellent! This could have been a bad turning-point and yet it just got better :D
sugarplumfairy said:

...oh wait after she said "rivals" NOOO NOT CONTINUED LOVE TRIANGLE =.= I hate them...

I get the feeling, since Kazehaya porperly rejected her, that its gonna be more focus on Sawako and Kazehaya now, though can't really count Kurumi out yet. Who knows what she might do next? ^^

Awesome episode, 5/5
Jan 20, 2010 5:31 AM

Mar 2008
Gahhhhhh cuteness overload >_<. Great ending to the episode!
Jan 20, 2010 6:02 AM
Mar 2009
This is the probably the best episode yet. Lots of plot of development. I'm glad Kurumi finally found the guts to confess to Kazehaya, even though she knew she would get rejected, at least it's a nice step forward.

It also seems Sawako is starting to settle down with Kazehaya, I guess she's finally starting to realize everything now. Great episode.
Jan 20, 2010 7:06 AM

Apr 2008
I think Kurumi is much better when she acts more to her personality than act kind

Jan 20, 2010 7:20 AM

May 2008
OMG, it was so cute, I'm melting!!!
Beautiful episode, and I liked the confession of Kurumi and the flashbacks of her, it was really sad, I almost cried...
Jan 20, 2010 8:37 AM

Oct 2009
I was blushing til the end.

EP 15, FTW!
Jan 20, 2010 8:53 AM
Nov 2008
Kimi ni Todoke is really all about the execution. It's not what it does that makes it great, but it's the fact that it does it so perfectly. I just loved the way they took my pure hatred for Kurumi and managed to turn it around. Everything was just so well done in this episode. Now we just need to wait for the final spark between Kazehaya and Sawako...I can't wait!
Jan 20, 2010 9:11 AM

Oct 2009
Thalandor46 said:
I just loved the way they took my pure hatred for Kurumi and managed to turn it around.
Ok so you too it happened to....guess I am not the only one anymore.

Jan 20, 2010 9:13 AM

Apr 2008
I thought it started a little slow, but for the most part a good episode. I'm glad this drama with Kurumi is over.
Jan 20, 2010 9:51 AM

Feb 2009
Kurumi > Sawako
Jan 20, 2010 9:56 AM

Sep 2008
kiradesu said:
Kurumi > Sawako

I was planning to say that, so, quote.
Jan 20, 2010 10:27 AM

Oct 2009
I liked everything about this episode. I just hope this anime will be as good as it is now 'til the end.
Jan 20, 2010 10:56 AM

May 2009
Ahhh Kurumi~ <3 Great episode! Best so far. She has been my fav since the beginning and still remains! I just loved how this series managed to take the character who is there for growth of our main and actually made her grow a little too. I hope her and sawako are good friends er Rivals? I love watching them two talk together it is just so fun xD the scene where they were going aww over Kazehaya was just cute.

The scene where she confessed made my chest ache a bit it was very emotional. Not to mention the follow up was just as funny as in the manga. xD "You will never find a girl as cute as me!"

Kazehaya x Sawako Moment at the end was adorable as well.
I wonder if we will start seeing more development of Kazehaya now.
Jan 20, 2010 11:01 AM

Aug 2007
Lucky Sawako with Kazehaya... Now what will we get? Kurumi x Pin and Ryu x Chizuru? Haha, would be hilarious. Looks like Pin will see his beloved funny figures running around again next episode.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jan 20, 2010 11:07 AM

Nov 2008
DragonsWhip said:
Lucky Sawako with Kazehaya... Now what will we get? Kurumi x Pin and Ryu x Chizuru? Haha, would be hilarious. Looks like Pin will see his beloved funny figures running around again next episode.

Next episode is a recap.
Jan 20, 2010 11:08 AM

May 2009
^_^

v-v

Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

francismeunier - Mar 30, 2010

369 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Mar 23, 2010

161 by havish4real »»
Mar 23, 7:13 AM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Mar 2, 2010

161 by BurningSapphires »»
Mar 6, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

maji_saikou - Nov 10, 2009

250 by nxtsue »»
Mar 5, 7:23 PM

Poll: » Kimi ni Todoke Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Jakeki - Mar 9, 2010

169 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Mar 1, 6:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.