Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 2, 2008 1:26 PM

May 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Awwwwww! I liked this episode. It was touching and sweet and kind of showed how far Mihashi's come and how much further he has to go... if that's even possible for him.

And, of course, Tajima ftw! XD

But I don't know how I feel about it as a series finale, you know? I mean, as an episode... if there was more episodes coming, I wouldn't have anything bad to say. But as the end to the series (I know, I know, 26... but still), isn't it a tiny bit little lackluster? Like, there wasn't any closure, kind of.

In other words, I want there to be more episodes. A lot more episodes! A flood of episodes!! XD

What did you guys think of the episode? (And the series, I guess, since it's over now.)

(Thank goodness for the extra episode! I still have something to look forward to. XD )
Mar 2, 2008 2:06 PM

Jan 2007
I thought it was a good finale. Nothing climatic about it but just a normal post game episode. I really did get a kick out of Mihashi and all of his reactions. Seriously, I am gonna miss this show. Here's hoping to a second season.

Overall: 9/10
Mar 2, 2008 3:26 PM
Nov 2007
I agree this episode was very sweet. It reminded me of when I used to play sports and the pain of losing. I liked the fact that it didn't just focus on Mihashi's team winning but showed how it affected the losing team felt. It added realism and upped my emotional investment in the series. As much as I like this episode, as a finale it leaves me wanting. I really hope there is a second season in the works.
Mar 2, 2008 8:05 PM

Nov 2007
There WILL be a next season. There has to be considering the popularity of the series in Japan.
Mar 2, 2008 9:45 PM

Jul 2007
Good ending, I like how they ended it with a nice comedic episode.

Well, overall I thought this series was excellent. It definitely turned a lot better than I thought it would when I first started it.
Really needs a 2nd season but, I'm really considering starting the manga now^^,
TrieMay 30, 2009 11:01 PM
Mar 2, 2008 10:08 PM

Nov 2006
This series was amazing. It was all so real...an extremely pleasant change from things like Rosario+Vampire.
Overall: 9/10.

This episode made me feel happysad. You know...a bittersweet ending. I'm glad Abe is trying to lighten up a little around Mihashi despite the fact it's obviously so hard for him. :P Abe is easily my favorite character. I identify more with Mihashi but Abe's personality makes me love him so. And of course, his sexy sexy voice. Riou's my second favorite, then Mihashi.

The second season of this (firmly believing there will be one, just look at that open ending) is going to be even better.

Now to download the rest of the released scanlations I don't have and wait anxiously for 26 :)
Mar 3, 2008 10:57 PM

May 2007
Eeep. So (because I'm an addict) I've been rewatching Oofuri since yesterday...

Have any of you watched Nobuta wo Produce? Doesn't Tajima kind of remind you of Akira?!? I was just going "Eeeeeee!" over Tajima and his random-bizarre-funniness and all of a sudden, it was like... he's like Akira! No wonder I love them both! XD

...Maybe it's just me. Does anyone else see what I'm talking about?

Just felt like sharing. ;D
Mar 4, 2008 2:23 PM
Nov 2007
This ep was cool!
I like it when Mihashi was twirling and irritating the ppl. I had a good laugh!

Altough it really needs a second season, at least. Hopefully it'll happen..
Mar 5, 2008 6:34 AM

Feb 2008
The episode had been a nice way to end the series, almost as if the part where Mihashi went asleep clutching his baseball shows that he was dreaming all of it when it is actually trueee~

I don't know if I want to hope for a second season now because the anime had a good feel to it and I'm afraid that more episodes might ruin the whole thing :\

Guys, the extra episode won't be related to our Nishiura boys though! It might have been a good one too. Because it wouldn't be fair since its a DVD episode and an unaired one. Then that means we won't miss anything important :)
Mar 6, 2008 10:09 AM

Jul 2007
well, after the exciting game this ep was a little too slow xD;
but anyway, I want morrrre T__T
want lots of Haruna too =( (yay perfect game!)
Mar 17, 2008 8:49 AM

Feb 2008
I was reluctant to watch this anime at first but once I begin, I can't stop. I love it.

Tajima is my favorite player and glad that he made an appearance in this episode.

I don't want it to end.

Anyone knows if they gonna have second season?

Mar 19, 2008 8:07 PM

Oct 2007
bluethree said:
There WILL be a next season. There has to be considering the popularity of the series in Japan.

exactly. this show is way too popular in japan right now to NOT have a second season.

ahhh this was a good series. i can see why this episode could come off as lackluster but i really liked it . it was really nice to see them in an out-of-game situation when second half of the show was pretty much the tousei x nishiura game.

ah, and seeing harada play basketball was so cool. oh, and i loved mihashis reactions to the cellphone, and abe's face was absolutely priceless throughout the episode. just amazing.

this show has been in my top favorite anime for a while now but since i've finished i'll now rate it 10/10 8D
Apr 12, 2008 1:52 AM

Nov 2007
Kazejimonji said:
So be patient until then!

No!
Apr 16, 2008 10:37 AM
Oct 2006
Wow. What a great series this was. I had 13 episodes of this for a long time and once even thought about deleting them because I had too much to watch. Now I'm really glad I watched this.

Really hoping for season 2.
Apr 23, 2008 6:47 AM

May 2007
...Doesn't the website say that it's coming out on 5/28?
Apr 23, 2008 5:42 PM

May 2007
^.^

I know how you feel. There can't be enough Oofuri to satisfy me!!! ;D
Sep 15, 2008 3:27 PM

Jun 2007
Wah wah Im so glad i started watching this. The ending made me so happy, i even cried hehe. It was a really good series and i really, really hope theres a second season!

I love Abe and Mihashi's relationship,their faces and the oh so sexy voice xD

10/10!!!!
Nov 27, 2008 1:42 AM

Jan 2008
Great ending for an awesome anime!~ XD

Hope there's a second season 'cause a lot would definitely watch. XD
Tajima FTW!~
More Tajima. XD
May 22, 2009 6:08 AM

Jul 2008
A second season would be nice, to see if they get farther in the tournament. Definitely picking up the manga. This series was awesome, it showed the real intricacies of baseball and of its relationships. 9/10 for the series.
Jun 22, 2009 3:56 PM

Apr 2009
I think it's good that they didn't try to do any spectacular final chapter... That end this arc just nicely and make it a good step stone ending for a sequel.

Really loved this series !
Sep 13, 2009 7:24 PM

Jan 2008
I really like how they ended the arc here. Slow yet sweet and cute. I wish there will be another season for this show. I like Mihashi and Abe team up.
Nov 25, 2009 12:07 AM

Apr 2009
I loved it. I really wish there was more.. I want a second season. :(
Maybe i should pick up the manga..

10/10.
Dec 25, 2009 10:05 AM

Mar 2009
can't wait for the second season!
Feb 24, 2010 4:33 PM

May 2009
Nice ending for this season a liked how much they show how much they've grown since they all became part of the team.Anyway i guess I'm going to wait until April for the second season :P
May 12, 2010 5:33 PM

Aug 2008
I rewatched this ep today! aww I'm so glad there is a season 2, but airing one ep per week is so long!
awwww, I really love this episode, soo sweet! especially the part of kanou and mihashi! shu-chan how cute! :)
May 15, 2010 6:44 PM
Oct 2009
man i love this series. it feels so real i have to call this the ultimate teamwork sports anime.

oh and please someone prove me wrong
May 18, 2010 5:03 PM

Apr 2010
I don't even like sports anime, but this one was an exception. 9/10 for me.
Oct 19, 2010 10:12 AM

Sep 2008
As slow as it has been, Mihashi really made me like the series.
I wish they delved into why the female manager decided to be a manager, but I guess if a single baseball game takes like 10 episodes they can't do it. =[
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2010 2:46 AM

Jul 2008
This was an excellent series. I'm really glad I bought it. Thank you Amazon and your ridiculous sale prices.

BEGINNER
Dec 29, 2010 9:09 AM

Feb 2009
Another hilarious episode.A great way to end a great show! 10/10 from me,it was just awesome!

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
May 27, 2011 2:48 AM

Jan 2011
ChaosLegion said:
Another hilarious episode.A great way to end a great show! 10/10 from me,it was just awesome!
There is like 2 weeks delay in my recent reading list
I randomly bought discount/second hand manga with cute/mysterious cover.

Use Personal Blacklist extension in Chrome if you just want to Google for a series synopsis, without google slapping MAL score in it.
3/1
Jul 1, 2011 6:04 AM

Oct 2008
Well fuck, I can't believe it's over. I picked this up on a whim and fully expected to hate it seeing as I despise sport and the idea of watching a sport anime made me want to stick pins in my eyes, but I loved this show so much. I laughed, I cried, I shouted at the screen, I sat there making demented noises that would cause anyone passing by to doubt my mental health.
On to season 2 ;_;
the Imaginary and the Real can never mingle.
Aug 2, 2011 2:31 PM

Nov 2007
That was a sweet episode. I like episodes like this just as much as I like the baseball matches. Tajima, Abe, Hanai, Mihashi <3 I like Izumi too, but those four are the best.

Poor Mihashi was freaking out as always, and Abe didn't go easy on him at all.

Overall, it was an extremely enjoyable series, and I'm glad I picked it up. I've noticed that baseball anime in general tend to be very good (even though I never cared about baseball before watching those anime). Intense matches and fun slice-of-life teammate scenes.
8/10.

Znips: When Shay is born she just crawls back in the womb to shitpost for another year
Aug 11, 2011 2:29 PM
Oct 2008
I agree, the ending was a little bit lackluster, but I don't really mind, since I know there's another kind of half season to make up for it. I think I've been spoiled for some of it and there be some doramaaaaa. Abe plays soccer too? What a beast. It's good to see that he's recognizing how he comes off to Mihashi sometimes is really intimidating - and knowing is half the battle. Even though this same quality is what kicked Mihashi's butt into gear in the first place...now he'll work on trying to control it instead of just being RAARARAAA all the time. And hopefully Mihashi will realize he just does it 'cause he's concerned.

Abe giving Mihashi a massage!? OMG.@_@ YES PLEASE.^0^ Damn you Abe, of course you're good enough! Then what was the point of mentioning it!? ::seethes:: and then a few seconds later nosebleed at the random seconds of stretching. (Honestly - that was totally random. Was that an attempt at...gasp...fanservice? ::shock and awe:: It was too awkward. A few seconds of nice massaging would have done just fine. Hmph. Trolls.)

Off to seek more Oofuri in the special!
Aug 27, 2011 10:34 PM

Apr 2011
I really enjoyed this. Great pacing, and a lot of in-depth baseball strategy. The comedy was quite fun in the second half. At first, I thought Ren-Ren was annoying, but I warmed up to him. The drama in the second game was very good. The Abe-Ren relationship is great. 9/10 overall for me.
Adam_RAug 30, 2012 4:33 PM
Jan 16, 2012 3:46 PM

Jul 2010
Liked the ending, just gotta love Mihashi's reactions, facial expressions, voice and way of thinking ^^ He's too cute for his own good ~

Poor Abe-kun, he still has a long way to go before he and Mihashi will be able to comminucate without him being so, almost annoyingly cute ^^

Very good anime, 9/10
Jan 29, 2012 2:09 AM

Feb 2009
Overall: 9/10, but I loved the character development, that's a 10/10. Mihashi starts really annoying and distant from the rest of the team, but while playing and the episodes passed their friendship grown and became a bond of trust and encouragement. Mihashi is still insecure, but he learned not to give up so easily! Damn, those boys, my babies. <33
Dec 2, 2012 11:27 PM

Jul 2011
I still want to punch Mihashi. Agreed with Abe. XD

Abe's reactions are getting funnier.

That was great. Loved it. Will watch second season.
Oct 27, 2013 6:49 PM

Jul 2012
Okay so I finished this in three days. So worth my time. One of the most in depth baseball series I've seen so far. Great balance between drama, comedy, sports and bromance. The only things I would have wanted to see more were the other team members, Rio and more skill in terms of batting. Score is a solid 9/10. Would recommend to sports anime lovers and any girl who enjoys some SOL and cute baseball boys.

Really loved a lot of the characters: My favourites were Mihashi, Tajima and Hanai (especially when he wears glasses)

Gonna watch the sequel/second season on Friday and marathon it~ :) I will get the special episode done by Tuesday.
Nov 22, 2013 7:35 PM

May 2012
Finally done and it was a great watch! Can't believe i finished it in just 2 days.. hehe.
Jan 5, 2014 7:24 PM

Aug 2009
I finished it in one day lol but only because Im on my winter break. I absolutely loved this anime.(9 out of 10) Going to watch the second season but wished it had more episodes. I cant believe its over and it ended so quickly for me. well off to season two!

Mar 6, 2014 4:44 AM

Mar 2010
This is a great series! Its soooooooooo warm !!
Genuine friendship portrayal!
and very realistic too! its very rare to find such anime nowadays.

9/10 , because Mihashi always irritating me with his :> look.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2014 6:58 PM

Apr 2014
I agree with how there wasn't really anything to conclude the season and was just a regular ending to an episode.
Either way, I did enjoy watching this series a lot.
LOADMay 14, 2014 7:06 PM
Jul 25, 2014 4:37 PM

Apr 2014
Such a great episode. Invoked the feels from the beginning, and continued it with one of Oofuri's strengths -- glorious and wiggly character interaction.

Had some complaints with episode 24's dub (the minor characters.........) but 25 went from strength to strength. Mihashi was especially good -- which is saying something; his character type is difficult to connect to and act for an English-speaking audience, but his VA nailed it in the second half of the series (as this character-heavy episode shows).

So: no regrets. There are some seriously shaky moments, and the Americanized pattern of speaking loses some of the nuances of the culture surrounding Japanese HS Baseball, but it adds its own spirit and was still a whole lot of fun to watch.

GG, OOFURI. Eminently rewatchable. 9/10 → 10/10
Sep 19, 2014 8:01 AM

Aug 2013
Omg I'm very reluctant and hesitant when it comes to sport animes cause I don't like most of them, but really this one... I regret I've been hesitating to watch this for a soooo loongg time lol I love ookiku furikabutte >.<
Apr 1, 2015 9:02 AM

Feb 2015
I found this so late so I already know about the second season and special ep. Ahhh, it was a great ride. I put it off so many times but I'm so glad I finally picked it up because I wanted a change of pace.
May 18, 2015 10:18 PM

Jan 2015
Didn't expect this show to revolve around one single fucking match. Not that it was bad, but this leaves so much of the tournament. Nothing that a 13-eps second season can bring closure to i think.

Still, the overcringy MC was funny in the beginning, but got very annoying as the show advanced.
Aug 3, 2015 5:48 AM

Jun 2014
HapHazrD said:
Still, the overcringy MC was funny in the beginning, but got very annoying as the show advanced.

Yeah, annoying MC ruined this anime for me. He reminds me a bit of that guy from Haikyuu, which I also hate.
Jan 18, 2017 9:24 AM
Aug 2012
very moving episode where everyone told their true feelings, also seeing Ren-Ren sleeping with the ball was extremely cute ^^
Mar 2, 2019 4:29 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, he really needs to have more confidence in himself but I couldn't stop grinning through all episode.
Great anime!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 12 Discussion

Faust721 - Dec 9, 2007

22 by TRC_Randy »»
Feb 4, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 5 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Aug 2, 2007

19 by Dywei »»
Jan 29, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 9 Discussion

Xinil - Sep 12, 2007

24 by Twicky_ »»
Sep 10, 2023 11:51 AM

» MC's personnality

_Kudo_ - Aug 29, 2023

2 by _Kudo_ »»
Aug 29, 2023 10:40 AM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte Episode 17 Discussion

lowell - Jan 3, 2008

27 by ims-tokyo »»
Jan 20, 2023 11:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.