Forum Settings
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 17, 2016 7:40 PM
Dec 2008
It's been over 5 years since I finished reading FMA, and I still can't enjoy a manga as much as I enjoyed FMA. Don't get me wrong, there were plenty of series that I loved prior to it, during it, and after it, but nothing has managed to top it for me.

There have been mangas that have inspired me, awed me, entertained me, and made me both happy and sad, often to a greater degree than FMA ever did - yet none of them resonated with me like FMA did. So here I am, 6 years later, feeling the same emptiness when I think of FMA as I did years ago when it ended.

I'm wondering, does anyone else relate? Perhaps someone once felt like I do, but found another series that they fell in love with?
Jun 17, 2016 7:43 PM

Feb 2015
I'm very adventurous and doesn't stick to one kind of story, so I'm grateful this phenomenon doesn't work on me.
Jun 17, 2016 9:08 PM

Nov 2014
Vicis said:
It's been over 5 years since I finished reading FMA, and I still can't enjoy a manga as much as I enjoyed FMA. Don't get me wrong, there were plenty of series that I loved prior to it, during it, and after it, but nothing has managed to top it for me.

There have been mangas that have inspired me, awed me, entertained me, and made me both happy and sad, often to a greater degree than FMA ever did - yet none of them resonated with me like FMA did. So here I am, 6 years later, feeling the same emptiness when I think of FMA as I did years ago when it ended.

I'm wondering, does anyone else relate? Perhaps someone once felt like I do, but found another series that they fell in love with?
you just grew up and should find a better hobby

Jun 19, 2016 8:11 AM
Dec 2008
ExTemplar said:
Vicis said:

????

Manga and anime are a medium for telling stories. No different than books, television, and games. It's not something you grow out of. Not unless you've got some deep-rooted insecurities about your life.
Jun 19, 2016 8:19 AM

Nov 2014
Vicis said:
ExTemplar said:

????

Manga and anime are a medium for telling stories. No different than books, television, and games. It's not something you grow out of. Not unless you've got some deep-rooted insecurities about your life.
You just grew out of cartoons and comics for children.

Jun 19, 2016 8:27 AM
Dec 2008
ExTemplar said:
Vicis said:

????

You just grew out of cartoons and comics for children.

I haven't watched or read any cartoons and comics that were aimed at children since I was a child.
Jun 19, 2016 8:37 AM

Nov 2014
Full metal alchemist is.

Jun 19, 2016 11:09 AM
Dec 2008
ExTemplar said:
Full metal alchemist is.

Fullmetal Alchemist is no more a children's series than Captain America Civil War is a children's movie.

If you've got something meaningful to say, could you please do it in a single post rather than draw in out? It took you three posts to express the intent of your original post (i.e. to state that you believe FMA is a children's manga).
Jun 19, 2016 11:49 AM

Nov 2014
Vicis said:
ExTemplar said:
Full metal alchemist is.

Fullmetal Alchemist is no more a children's series than Captain America Civil War is a children's movie.

If you've got something meaningful to say, could you please do it in a single post rather than draw in out? It took you three posts to express the intent of your original post (i.e. to state that you believe FMA is a children's manga).
fma is a shonen, which is for children and teens.

Jun 19, 2016 1:21 PM

Oct 2013
I've had that happen to me as well, but thankfully it wasn't only one series but instead a few of my favorites. You may or may not ever had that same special experience you had with full metal alchemist. But that should just make you cherish it as your all time favorite series.
Jun 19, 2016 1:55 PM

Mar 2016
Thank god I didn't read it 6 years ago.

I might have abandoned manga in rage.
Aug 9, 2016 1:54 AM

Mar 2016
I feel like you
I've read a lot of manga and love a lot of them but nothing is like this one.
but it is ok . fma is one of my favorite but there's alot of good manga out there you should try "dorohedoro" " Tokyo ghoul"
"shingeki no kyojin" "vinland saga" and more
InufryAug 10, 2016 1:22 AM
Aug 10, 2016 4:07 AM
Dec 2008
missfry said:
I feel like you
I've read a lot of manga and love a lot of them but nothing is like this one.
but it is ok . fma is one of my favorite but there's alot of good manga out there you should try "dorohedoro" " Tokyo ghoul"
"shingeki no kyojin" "vinland saga" and more

I've actually been reading all 4 of those series, although I've recently dropped Tokyo ghoul. The author of Vinland is behind one of my other all time favourites, PlanetES, and he hasn't failed to deliver with Vinland.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 14 Discussion

Ston3_FreeN7 - May 28, 2011

9 by wildhood »»
Jan 29, 5:00 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 2 Discussion

suki78787 - Aug 9, 2009

15 by OnigirisBasket »»
Jan 2, 11:05 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist "Another Journey's End" Chapter Discussion

animegurlfreak - Sep 23, 2010

44 by NaughtyNoddy »»
Nov 26, 2023 5:02 PM

» Why does MAL list 116 chapters?

Yman1512 - Dec 1, 2021

3 by DigiCat »»
Oct 30, 2023 1:14 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist Chapter 6 Discussion

Heneshi - Jul 3, 2012

11 by Froqz17 »»
Oct 29, 2023 12:20 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.