Forum Settings
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2016 4:25 AM

Dec 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
A spoiler for the chapter is out now. Here. Thank you @Weird4U93 for posting more spoilers.

Looks like I was right about this being a short fight. Sebby knocks her out so easily, which I was rather happy to see. Though I do wonder what is keeping her so attached to the music hall. She does seem quite conflicted about whatever it is. So, a little more info about Sebastian. He bore witness to religious wars and can adjust his strength, nice to know.

Seems the more rare your blood type, the better your room accommodation are. Unless, something happened to Polaris room, but I think it has something to do with the rarity of blood. Could be wrong though. Vega's room is quite interesting though, looks to host two people instead of one.

Speaking of the Lords, I wonder where they hide them? By the looks of Sirius condition, I doubt they could have gone far.

Note: Remember, no linking to illegal reading sites. And please keep the discussion focused on the events in the chapter. Theories are alright as long as the theory is focused on the actions happening this chapter, but not if focused entirely on a fan theory that really isn't focused on said chapter.
lovelyphantomJun 22, 2016 1:50 PM

Jun 17, 2016 9:03 AM

Sep 2011
I thought maybe Lizzie was attacking him because they're using her as some kind of guard and she didn't realize who it was at first but it certainly doesn't seem like that now. Hm. I guess the cult is really trying to turn her against Sebastian... for whatever reason. which also means they anticipated he'd be back. Interesting.
Jun 17, 2016 2:17 PM
Jun 2016
and alsoooo. It seems lizzy escape again. What the...
Jun 21, 2016 1:33 PM
Feb 2016
No broken bones...(O_O)

Yup... Looks like Lizzie is being manipulated and seems like she was sent to buy Bravat and the others some time to escape. Seeing Lizzie unable to justify her actions in a confused manner, gives me the impression that she's not in full control of her mind. However I'd like to think she's being blackmailed. I could be wrong though it seems like that to me. Which brings me to think that Bravat had anticipated this. I'm curious now about what roles the star 4 fulfills.
'I feel about as warm and happy as a potato in a hotpot'
Kaneki Ken
Jun 22, 2016 6:02 AM

Nov 2011
Obviously, Lizzy is no match against Sebastian. I hope she gets thing straightened out soon because the path she's following won't do her any good. Wonder where she went now...
Jun 22, 2016 7:36 AM
Feb 2016
Stark700 said:
Obviously, Lizzy is no match against Sebastian.

Yeah I know but I was looking forward to knowing her reasons to be there. Plus I agree with Sebastian that she's really strong for a human. I'm thinking her skills are on par with Grey's.

Stark700 said:
I hope she gets thing straightened out soon because the path she's following won't do her any good. Wonder where she went now...

I'm guessing to Bravat's hideout. This chapter revealed the fact that Lizzie is in a dilemma of sorts involving Ciel. Bravat may have provoked her somehow and now she's a confused mess. I'm curious to know what he has on Ciel that made Lizzy take such drastic measures.

I've noticed whenever Lizzy's actively involved in a chapter, she brings about revelations which becomes relevant to the main plot of the series. Regarding Ciel that is. I hope it's something rather shocking that even we haven't been able to guess so far. And I'm looking forward to their character development throughout this arc.

Ps. BTW, who the hell changed Lizzie's clothes? Has anyone noticed this?
StarsOfRustJun 22, 2016 7:39 AM
Kaneki Ken
Jun 22, 2016 7:37 AM

Aug 2010
That Liz vs Seb was amazing.The Double spread was awesome
Jun 22, 2016 7:51 AM
Feb 2016
Barion-Zara said:
That Liz vs Seb was amazing.The Double spread was awesome

Yup. Lizzy vs Seb was a match destined to be. But if she continues to pursue this route without doing her homework, it'll end badly for her I'm afraid.
Kaneki Ken
Jun 22, 2016 2:10 PM

Dec 2009
StarsOfRust said:
Seeing Lizzie unable to justify her actions in a confused manner, gives me the impression that she's not in full control of her mind. However I'd like to think she's being blackmailed. I could be wrong though it seems like that to me. Which brings me to think that Bravat had anticipated this. I'm curious now about what roles the star 4 fulfills.

Whatever the reason is, she does seem conflicted about it as I said in my edit post. It could be a number of things, blackmail, brainwashing, her own choice, etc. We'll just have to wait and see. However, I do get the feeling that if she gets in Ciel's way of doing his duty as the Watchdog, I get the feeling he won't show much mercy.

So am I.

StarsOfRust said:

Her maid Paula? I know she's a bit of a forgettable character, especially since she only appeared three times in the manga. (First appearance was chapter 58, then again during the Public School arc (she danced with Edward at the end of the tournament), and she was the one to notify Edward of his visitor in this arc.) But if anyone changed Lizzie, it was probably her (off screen). There are other options though.

Stark700 said:
Obviously, Lizzy is no match against Sebastian. I hope she gets thing straightened out soon because the path she's following won't do her any good. Wonder where she went now...

Too true. My guess is back to the music hall. As said, I doubt they could have moved the lords very far given the condition Sirius is in. (Don't know if the other lords suffer from the same condition though.)

Edit: Had to fix a bit of grammar and wording.
lovelyphantomJun 28, 2016 4:36 PM

Jun 22, 2016 5:36 PM

Feb 2015
Wait can someone match each room to the correct star name and the corresponding blood type for me? I got a little confused.

Lizzie escaped again, which I expected when Sebastian just brought her back like that.

Edit: never mind I went back to check and it's pretty blatant. Lol.
rayeineJun 22, 2016 5:48 PM
Jun 22, 2016 7:12 PM

May 2011
I don't really like Lizzie but I swear to God if anything bad happens to her I will get so mad, I don't wanna Ciel to suffer more than he does. But this is already pretty bad, I think she's probably trying to protect Ciel, the odds of her being blackmailed is also so high, maybe they have some information she's hiding from Ciel, I think this is a more rational theory than her getting brainwashed.
Jun 22, 2016 8:58 PM
Jan 2012
Idk what to think though what if Grell twisted her thoughts and is giving her blood transfusions mixed with who knows what for better strength?, didnt she want to become stronger to protect ciel. I think maybe Grell's doing all this and he might have told Lizzy some truth, or Lizzy might have taken the blood and it somehow changed her into something else.......

): I DONT KNOW , THEN SHE RAN AWAY ),'
Jun 23, 2016 6:50 AM
Feb 2016
lovelyphantom said:

Whatever the reason is, she does seem conflicted about it as I said in my edit post. It could be a number of things, blackmail, brainwashing, her own choice, etc. We'll just have to wait and see. However, I do get the feeling that if she gets in Ciel's way of doing his duty as the Watchdog, I get the feeling he won't show much mercy.

So am I.

Um.. That's a little harsh, don't you think? Considering we don't actually know exactly why she's with Bravat. And I'm pretty sure her reasons will turn out completely justified. We all know whatever she does, she does it out of love. Unlike a certain character who can be pretty heartless sometimes.

lovelyphantom said:

StarsOfRust said:

Her maid Paula. I know she's a bit of a forgettable character, especially since she only appeared three times in the manga. (First appearance was chapter 58, then again during the Public School arc (she danced with Edward at the end of the tournament), and she was the one to notify Edward of his visitor in this arc.) But if anyone changed Lizzie, it was no doubt her.

There's plenty of room for doubts. First of all, I remember Paula thank you very much! Also they're all in Ciel's townhouse. Which means only Sebastian, Ciel, Agni, Soma and Edward is there besides Lizzie. As far as I know Paula didn't accompany Edward when he barged into Ciel's house. Which means no other female in the house to change her clothes for her!

And secondly, if Paula appeared out of nowhere in such short notice, I'd say Lizzie wouldn't have been able to escape without Paula alarming everyone since I'm sure she would've been ordered to keep a close eye on her. Plus there was no sight of Paula at all in the last few panels..

Speaking of which, I get the feeling that Sebastian sensed that Elizabeth was trying to escape. Which makes me think that was part of his plan. She'll lead him to Bravat's hideout.
[/quote]

CrimsonEmily9 said:
Idk what to think though what if Grell twisted her thoughts and is giving her blood transfusions mixed with who knows what for better strength?, didnt she want to become stronger to protect ciel. I think maybe Grell's doing all this and he might have told Lizzy some truth, or Lizzy might have taken the blood and it somehow changed her into something else.......

Nyahaha! That'll never happen.
StarsOfRustJun 24, 2016 5:20 AM
Kaneki Ken
Jun 28, 2016 4:32 PM

Dec 2009
StarsOfRust said:
lovelyphantom said:

So am I.

Um.. That's a little harsh, don't you think? Considering we don't actually know exactly why she's with Bravat. And I'm pretty sure her reasons will turn out completely justified. We all know whatever she does, she does it out of love. Unlike a certain character who can be pretty heartless sometimes.

No. Given that Ciel's purpose for living is his revenge which is tied to his duties as the Watchdog, he may just choose it over family. But, as I said, it is just a feeling I have. I doubt he'd order Sebastian to kill her.

StarsOfRust said:
lovelyphantom said:

Her maid Paula. I know she's a bit of a forgettable character, especially since she only appeared three times in the manga. (First appearance was chapter 58, then again during the Public School arc (she danced with Edward at the end of the tournament), and she was the one to notify Edward of his visitor in this arc.) But if anyone changed Lizzie, it was no doubt her.

There's plenty of room for doubts. First of all, I remember Paula thank you very much! Also they're all in Ciel's townhouse. Which means only Sebastian, Ciel, Agni, Soma and Edward is there besides Lizzie. As far as I know Paula didn't accompany Edward when he barged into Ciel's house. Which means no other female in the house to change her clothes for her!

And secondly, if Paula appeared out of nowhere in such short notice, I'd say Lizzie wouldn't have been able to escape without Paula alarming everyone since I'm sure she would've been ordered to keep a close eye on her. Plus there was no sight of Paula at all in the last few panels..

Speaking of which, I get the feeling that Sebastian sensed that Elizabeth was trying to escape. Which makes me think that was part of his plan. She'll lead him to Bravat's hideout.

I never said you didn't, but there are some people who do so I put the reminder just in case. There are quite a few options that come to mind as to whom changed Lizzie's clothes than just Paula of course, but each are doubt-able in their own way. (Note: I corrected my wording on that. I forgot it came off as absolute rather than a possibility.)

A) Sebastian or Agni. They are the only servants (as far as we can tell) there. Given that it would be improper for their Lord's to undress/dress a lady (especially while she was sleeping). They are the most likely candidates to have dressed her. But, I'm pretty sure that it would have technically been improper for them to have done so too.

B) Paula. She could be there but off screen. If we consider that Edward may not stay at the townhouse 24-7, he could have brought her with him that time. There is a possibility that Paula may be staying at the Music Hall with Lizzie, but I can't be certain on that. If she's there, it's likely she changed her clothes.

C.) Edward. Which is probably unlikely even if he is her brother. Sebastian would probably have scolded him on it if he tried. But there is a slim chance he might have done it. But I don't think he did.

D.) Yana didn't figure that people would question this and didn't add a method to explain it.

My bet is on either an off screen Paula, Sebastian or Yana forgot to add a way to explain this.

Hm, it does look like that way. We'll just have to wait and see to be certain if that is his plan or not though.

StarsOfRust said:
CrimsonEmily9 said:

Nyahaha! That'll never happen.

LOL. Agreed.
lovelyphantomJun 28, 2016 4:44 PM

Jun 28, 2016 11:32 PM
Feb 2016
lovelyphantom said:

No. Given that Ciel's purpose for living is his revenge which is tied to his duties as the Watchdog, he may just choose it over family. But, as I said, it is just a feeling I have. I doubt he'd order Sebastian to kill her.

What I was trying to say was that why be so harsh on Lizzy? 😞

I get the feeling Ciel will begin to understand Lizzie better in this arc. This arc screams character development! Plus the last few panels when Sebastian spoke about human heart and whatnot, like a philosopher, it seemed to me that he was basically saying that human beings are untrustworthy no matter who they are (hinting Lizzie is). I guess Sebastian is trying to get back at Ciel for making him into a dress-up doll by being a jackass about the whole situation. I shouldn't be surprised. They've been going back and forth like this throughout the manga. It'll be pretty funny if by the end of the arc Ciel begins to trust Lizzy more.

And anyway, I don't think Sebastian changed her clothes cuz Edward would've freaked at the very notion. So my guess is that Edward changed her clothes or Lizzie herself.. Maybe both siblings are working together for Bravat.
Kaneki Ken
Jul 5, 2016 3:55 AM

May 2009
I'm just reading this chapter now. Loved it, but Lizzie's actions were a bit strange. She wasn't making much sense while fighting Sebastian and the fact that he had to use such a move because of how skilled a fighter she is, is amazing.

The thing that stood out for me during that fight was the fact that Lizzie was crying all throughout it. She also said that a person like Sebastian could never underrstand her reasoning for doing what she was doing. It almost feels as if she knows something or either discovered something...or maybe she's trying to protect Ciel from something that has yet to be revealed.. All I know is this...I can't wait to read the next chapter. Dying to know what's going on with her.
Jul 8, 2016 8:04 PM

May 2010
It's pretty obvious that Lizzy has some hidden reasons behind her actions. Considering how pure and genuine she always was, I'm guessing that someone is threatening her and she wants to protect either Ciel or her family.

Also, I was surprised to see the last page. Sebastian knew how she was acting before he punched her to sleep, and in spite of that nobody stayed in her room to look after her, or, in the worst case, at least tie her to the bed? Seems rather unreasonable.
Jul 12, 2016 12:56 PM

Sep 2013
Nice fight, Sebas had to use a tiny little bit of demon power to knock her out.
My bet is Lizzy learned of the queen and the nobles evil secrets.
Jan 21, 2017 10:13 AM

Jun 2008
Well on Victorian Era, the one who changed the clothes of a ladyship was the Lady's maid (personal servant). Paula is Lizzie's Lady's maid, so by norm it should be her. In her absence, a butler or male servant would never be able to change her clothes, that was deemed improper, so any other female maid there? or perhaps her brother, even if it was still improper might have been him.

anyway, I love Lizzie when she goes badass:D The fight was awesome, even though, I knew obsviously she would not win, but she was able to fight Sebby more than expected.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Apr 22, 2017 12:17 AM

Jan 2013
Lizzie what the hell are you doing this time? :x

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Nov 28, 2017 6:06 PM

Jun 2008
Many people are "disappointed" on how fast Sebby beat Lizzie but I'm not. I'm truly amazed of how much she lasted considering she is a mere human being and he is a supernatural overpowered being. While Lizzie had a great talent in the art of swordsmanship, she still had to work her arse off and spend her entire childhood practicing to be able to achieve her genius level. Sebastian was born already otherworldly strong and powerful and he must be like, a thousand years?. So this was an unfair matching from the very beginning because she does not have supernatural strength, or super fast ability to heal/regenerate. A human no matter how good, cannot excel a supernatural being with powers either its shinigami or demon. Considering she is a human she did AWESOME. SHE WAS BRILLIANT. Disappointed? no way.
The most "feminine" character was actually able to make Sebastian really surprised and acknowledge that she had an admirable strength for a human.
That's quite a compliment coming from Sebastian!

ワンダーランド花 ♥

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 211 Discussion

TheMangaManiac - Yesterday

1 by calzonepocket »»
Yesterday, 5:54 AM

» a small disscussion on how you feel about black buttler?

Hydroalbidius - Mar 17

3 by Hydroalbidius »»
Apr 17, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 36 Discussion

Jellyfish13 - Aug 20, 2009

29 by Embient »»
Apr 13, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 210 Discussion

EfiChan - Mar 20

4 by EfiChan »»
Mar 27, 5:34 AM

» I appreciate this not being a BL because...

Absurdo_N - Mar 20

7 by PeripheralVision »»
Mar 24, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.