Jun 16, 2016 2:22 PM

Jun 2016
Only for those who finished the ova
bigmustache93Jun 22, 2016 11:29 AM
Jun 26, 2016 11:43 AM

Jul 2015
bigmustache93 said:

1. She was in denial that the Shogunate agents were using her to create a weakness in Kenshin. I think she legitimately thought that she could call off the attack so nobody would get killed if she asked.

2. It's unclear.

And for the 3rd question, I think they actually stated the answer to that somewhere in the OVA or the manga. Something along the lines of "your death would be in vain if I didn't continue fighting until the revolution is over" or something like that.

At least that's my take on it. She was just naive. Remember, she is only 18 years old.
Jun 26, 2016 1:07 PM

Jun 2016
Enishi- said:
bigmustache93 said:

1. She was in denial that the Shogunate agents were using her to create a weakness in Kenshin. I think she legitimately thought that she could call off the attack so nobody would get killed if she asked.

2. It's unclear.

And for the 3rd question, I think they actually stated the answer to that somewhere in the OVA or the manga. Something along the lines of "your death would be in vain if I didn't continue fighting until the revolution is over" or something like that.

At least that's my take on it. She was just naive. Remember, she is only 18 years old.

thanks ,I'm going to rewatch the ova again maybe that would give me answers to my questions after all it seems that these questions are left to our interpretation.
Jun 26, 2016 1:20 PM

Jul 2015
bigmustache93 said:
Enishi- said:

2. It's unclear.

thanks ,I'm going to rewatch the ova again maybe that would give me answers to my questions after all it seems that these questions are left to our interpretation.

Agreed. That tends to happen with more mature anime.
Jul 3, 2017 10:46 AM
Nov 2016
Late reply, but I also thought about these questions, so I'll put forth my answer:

1. She was worried about Enishi. You can tell that she was extremely surprised to see him at the mountain house, and she knew that he would not be safe if she betrayed the assassin group. This is confirmed in the manga, where the leader tells Enishi that they are free to go if the plan to kill Kenshin succeeds.

2. She knew this from the very beginning, because the reason she met Kenshin was originally to plan to kill him for revenge.

3. Kenshin felt that if he quit before the revolution was over and the new era did not come to pass, all the lives he took would have been for nothing. This is confirmed in the manga, where he also says that he believes Tomoe wanted him to support the ishin shishi cause.
Jul 29, 2017 4:15 PM

Jun 2016
mikario said:
Late reply, but I also thought about these questions, so I'll put forth my answer:

1. She was worried about Enishi. You can tell that she was extremely surprised to see him at the mountain house, and she knew that he would not be safe if she betrayed the assassin group. This is confirmed in the manga, where the leader tells Enishi that they are free to go if the plan to kill Kenshin succeeds.

2. She knew this from the very beginning, because the reason she met Kenshin was originally to plan to kill him for revenge.

3. Kenshin felt that if he quit before the revolution was over and the new era did not come to pass, all the lives he took would have been for nothing. This is confirmed in the manga, where he also says that he believes Tomoe wanted him to support the ishin shishi cause.

thanks for your reply.
about no1 i think you are right,it seems that the assassins brought enishi with them and sent him with a massage to his sister was some sort of blackmailing ,like if they want to say cooperate or we kill your brother.
Aug 8, 2017 12:56 PM

Jun 2017
For #1, I always thought it was because she didn't want Kenshin to know who she was and why she was there. She didn't expect to fall in love with him, she came to Kyoto hating him and planning his death. But after they spent so much time together, especially after months of pretending to be husband and wife, she realized that that was the life she wanted. Telling Kenshin about the attack would have meant revealing to him that she wasn't who he thought she was, and it would have been very unlikely that they could return to their idyllic life afterwards. At least, not without some major awkwardness.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManU-Alchemist - Jun 17, 2008

57 by catmancatplan »»
Apr 16, 5:23 PM

Poll: » Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hznu - Sep 16, 2008

190 by Jirokissaw »»
Apr 11, 9:47 PM

» Can I finally watch this after seeing the 2023 remake or I have to still see the Kyoto arc?

Cestlavie_ - Dec 16, 2023

13 by LoveLikeBlood »»
Feb 17, 5:17 AM

Poll: » Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ManU-Alchemist - Jun 2, 2008

75 by RFXs »»
Feb 9, 7:57 AM

» Similar tragic romance

yoru987 - Aug 13, 2023

5 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Aug 17, 2023 8:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.