Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 12, 2016 9:04 PM

Jan 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
For some reason, Cyborg 009 has some really great stories at the human-scale.

This one episode used food as a means to connect friends as it connected cultures across time and geographies. It was portrayed as a necessity for survival in both extreme poverty and in daily life. There was emphasis placed in cooking not just for appearance, but with that cliched heart idea that still worked out quite well here, specifically because it was 006 that forgot about all the lessons he had taught everyone else.

Food is one of those subjects that any person can relate to at some level. This episode didn't dive into any particularly deep philosophies regarding food, but rather, it used instead to link 006 to the other cyborgs, thereby characterizing him through his interactions with everyone else. 006 isn't a character that lends particularly well to drama, as he's a comedic character at his base. So, rather than having another traumatic back story attached to another cyborg, we instead have a simple story about food - 006's defining characteristic - and how it relates to everyone in his life.

I really, really enjoy human-scale stories, and I'm glad that Cyborg 009 continues to excel in characterizing its cast like this.
Aug 30, 2017 4:09 AM

Jul 2010
Well that was heartwarming and did not expect an episode like this even though there is peace now but I bet it's not gonna last for long.

Even though I liked this episode it had too many jump cuts between the Cyborgs for my tastes.
Sep 7, 2019 6:16 AM

Nov 2007
I looooved this episode. It was so soothing and the food looked amazing :D

Oct 24, 2019 8:02 PM

Oct 2015
006 has been a huge help to the team, teaching them how to cook and all, also how food is important. I see this episode was trying to showcase his importance to the team, and that he Shouldn't be left out on the spotlight. Poor 002 for not able to cook for himself, I guess he really needs 006 there. I hope since this was done, 006 won't be the first to die, because they might've done this to raise some death flags or something.

The con artist part was hilarious, I wish they caught it themselves though.

Nice chilled episode, but I hope Skull is not dead just like that. I need a resurrection from him.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Sep 14, 2021 7:59 PM
Jan 2018
This show loves doing American and Chinese characters dirty. Why does the construction worker look like a Crayon Shin Chan reject?! As much as I love 002 doing his best Orphen impression, I'm much happier letting him rack up some dubs. Looks like next episode is his time to shine.

That food critic was obviously a fake. Sirens weren't needed to figure that out.

Other than that, this was an excellent episode. Arguably the best standalone episode so far. And the scene cuts between the Cyborgs was fire. These Cyborgs are family and this episode has shown that the best out of all the ones so far.

001 remained with Gilmore hakase. I guess a restaurant wasn't the best place for him.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier Episode 46 Discussion

Tenth - Sep 18, 2017

4 by requiett »»
Mar 27, 10:04 AM

Poll: » Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier Episode 50 Discussion

lihle808 - Oct 26, 2019

1 by Shawn_Shambley »»
Jul 13, 2023 7:00 AM

Poll: » Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier Episode 48 Discussion

Tenth - Sep 18, 2017

5 by Shawn_Shambley »»
Jul 11, 2023 7:11 AM

Poll: » Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier Episode 47 Discussion

Tenth - Sep 18, 2017

3 by Shawn_Shambley »»
Jul 10, 2023 8:28 AM

Poll: » Cyborg 009: The Cyborg Soldier Episode 45 Discussion

Tenth - Sep 15, 2017

3 by Shawn_Shambley »»
Jul 9, 2023 7:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.