Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 2, 2008 8:49 AM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Has any1 noticed "XYN" written on Sattou's cloth?
In russian it means "di*k"... :))))))))))))))
хуй - cyrilic.
May 4, 2008 6:47 AM
Jul 2018
Well I noticed, but didn't know about its meaning :D
May 6, 2008 6:48 PM

Dec 2007
SunSir said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
хуй - cyrilic.

Hahahahahah is that seriously what that means in russian i been wondering bout that
May 20, 2008 8:13 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
sad episode :(
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jun 24, 2008 5:00 PM

Oct 2007
SunSir said:
хуй - cyrilic.

the little hidden things like that are what make this show great

Sep 5, 2008 10:05 PM

Jun 2008
wakka9ca said:
Oct 9, 2008 6:30 PM

May 2008
poor yamazaki.

Dec 8, 2008 12:48 AM

Jan 2008
I feel bad for Yamazaki...
Dec 15, 2008 8:34 PM

Aug 2008
seeing him get punched in the face was pretty funny though :D
Dec 20, 2008 5:05 AM

Nov 2008
ASHGARY said:
poor yamazaki.

Yep, what an idiot. She sort of took it well and then he got really weird and blew it.

It was winter and Misaki was still wearing that sorta baseball jersey top thing that she always wears. Wouldn't she be cold? I hope her always wearing the same outfit (except for the pink dress when she met Satou's mum) has some story significance, or it's just lazy animation.
Get a life and stop reading my signature...
Jan 24, 2009 3:15 PM

Oct 2008
I expected that he will punch him(Yamazaki) after Satou-kun will fell out or sumthing...man..Baka-Yamazaki...why he didn't tell her the truth..? Or even if he goes back..why not visting her from time to time? hmz..
Jan 24, 2009 3:22 PM

Apr 2007
I think you guys are missing the whole fucking POINT. He did that shit because he CAN'T see her anymore. You think he can inherit that farm and marry any bitch out there? nah bro

Either way, you guys are acting like they're soulmates or something. I really doubt he'd have the time to come out and see some COLLEGE GIRLFRIEND when he's supposed to be running the farm. Hell, I'm not even sure if they were even in a relationship anymore. I can't remember. If they weren't, that makes the fact that you guys can't understand why he did what he did even more ridiculous.

He's not an idiot. Yamazaki is a badass. He did that shit for a REASON.
NeverenderJan 24, 2009 3:28 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2009 3:38 AM

Jan 2008
wakka9ca said:
Yamazaki is the man, don't think anyone could pull that off without breaking down.
Apr 4, 2009 6:38 PM

May 2008
heh Yamazaki wanted her to have a bad impression of him that is really good

Awesome Sig by Lailide
May 4, 2009 4:36 PM

Apr 2008
A serious episode.

It was really brave for Yamazaki to do that. I hope everything turns out better towards the end.
Jul 7, 2009 2:04 AM

Jul 2008
I guess that was a pretty good way to sever ties with Nanako.
Jul 21, 2009 9:52 PM

Jan 2009
Ice_T said:
I think you guys are missing the whole fucking POINT. He did that shit because he CAN'T see her anymore. You think he can inherit that farm and marry any bitch out there? nah bro

Either way, you guys are acting like they're soulmates or something. I really doubt he'd have the time to come out and see some COLLEGE GIRLFRIEND when he's supposed to be running the farm. Hell, I'm not even sure if they were even in a relationship anymore. I can't remember. If they weren't, that makes the fact that you guys can't understand why he did what he did even more ridiculous.

This. Yamazaki is the hero of all Otaku's out there.
Jul 29, 2009 12:20 AM
Apr 2009
That probably is the best way. Now she and him won't feel guilt or regrets when he has to leave.
Sep 4, 2009 1:30 PM

Nov 2008
As Satou said, Yamazaki proved to be "a warrior".
Oct 23, 2009 6:09 PM

Oct 2009
aero said:
wakka9ca said:
Yamazaki is the man, don't think anyone could pull that off without breaking down.

yeah i agree. i bet he panicked the moment Nanako told him that she liked him...
Nov 12, 2009 11:59 PM
Jan 2009
Wow, this series just continues to be all over the place in terms of quality. After the severe missteps of the last episodes... this one was excellent.
Dec 25, 2009 8:50 AM

Nov 2009
My respect for yamazaki just grew tenfold, hes stronger than he seems.
Jan 5, 2010 8:55 AM
Dec 2009
Good episode. Props for Yamazaki for being rough.

SunSir said:
хуй - cyrilic.

I noticed that but didn't know what it means :) Now i'm wondering why he's wearing those clothes ;P
Jan 28, 2010 2:33 PM
Jun 2008
=(
I feel really sorry for Yamazaki... He's been through difficult situations since he was a child...

Well, imo, this episode was really well-made. Also, Nanako is a pretty different girl XD
Mar 7, 2010 10:58 AM
Jan 2010
Poor Yamazaki. I'm not surprised that he rebelled. But I think that he should be more delicate when he was talking with Nanako.
Apr 28, 2010 2:19 PM

Aug 2009
That reveal scene was awesome. Poor Yamazaki :(
May 10, 2010 10:46 AM

Jul 2008
Yamazaki is a true man ;_;

May 16, 2010 8:32 AM

Jul 2008
Yamazaki is an idiot.
May 27, 2010 9:20 PM

Aug 2008
Forough said:
I feel bad for Yamazaki...

He can't have a relationship with Nanako to be the next farmer in his family. :(
Jun 2, 2010 7:06 PM
Feb 2009
that's balls man Yamazaki :((
Jul 20, 2010 5:47 PM
Jan 2009
Ahaha, props to Yamazaki.
Sep 1, 2010 6:47 PM

Feb 2010
It got better, and with a big hit. He ended everything, so there are only two ways for him now: Making the Game or Beeing a Farmer for the rest of his life. I wonder how this will continue.
Sep 10, 2010 1:45 PM

Mar 2010
I salute you Yamazaki, you did what had to be done.
Sep 12, 2010 5:16 PM

Mar 2008
Awwhhh...Yamazaki...you have my loving...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 10, 2010 4:36 AM

Jul 2009
great episode. sad and funny. they sure did sober up quick, but in that situation you kinda have to.
Oct 30, 2010 11:24 PM
Jul 2009
What Yamazaki did was ingenious. Though he probably should have cut that last part where he started mocking her. She probably would have understood if he explained it all.
Dec 23, 2010 4:31 AM

Jan 2010
Feel so bad that he had to break off a girl he loved so much.. :(
Jan 9, 2011 1:12 AM

Aug 2010
He's been visiting 4chan a lot lately, and hadn't trolled anyone in a while. So really he just did it "for the lulz"

Crazy kids.
Jan 23, 2011 5:49 AM

May 2009
Oh man, it took me several tries to get to watch that scene.
Yamazaki is MAN.
A MAN.
I would never ever be able to do something like this.
Never.
Feb 28, 2011 10:03 PM

Aug 2010
Neverender said:

This.
Mar 11, 2011 9:46 PM

Jul 2010
well since he knew the enevitable was gonna happen, why not go with a BANG, UN!

Mar 27, 2011 12:04 PM
Jan 2010
I hope this show won't have a sad ending, though I'm kinda doubtful.
Apr 7, 2011 4:32 PM

Aug 2010
Akolatronic said:
Neverender said:

This.
This but he could have done it in a far better suitable way....
Apr 20, 2011 9:24 PM

Dec 2007
OMG! o.O The text on Satou's top says XYN(n with an accent).......in bulgarian ХУЙ means 'dick' :D:D This is epic!!!
Jun 21, 2011 3:14 PM

May 2011
dusFlaesPhan said:
Akolatronic said:
Neverender said:

This.

Yeah, I'm of the opinion he did the smart thing. Yamazaki knew he wasn't even her first choice by that point. Satou knew this as well after overhearing the girls gossip the one episode. Women sometimes like to keep guys like Yamazaki as their emergency support. I got the feeling that's all that their so called relationship ever was.

I guess for Yamasaki he knew it had to come to an end. So he'd take one chance to be a badass and push her buttons on purpose. It was his way of breaking free of any lingering doubts.
Jul 22, 2011 10:06 PM

Feb 2011
I actually breaked a comic when Yamazaki showed his room, I mean it was comical but also sad, the despair of knowing your life isn't actually yours.

I think he broke up with her in order not to hurt her, and not hurt himself even more, it was comfortable to think that otaku are hated as a default attitude, he took comfort from it.

This series is actually a life lesson, one of my favorites so far.
Aug 24, 2011 8:16 PM
Feb 2011
In no way do I feel sorry for Yamazaki! He has to be the biggest idiot in the whole show now! Only reason he broke up with him is because he WANTED her to. If she was as serious about him as she was he could have easily asked her to go with him.

IF anything I feel sorry for Nanako

And a true hero to an Otaku is the one that actually gets the girl wile being an Otaku don't you think?

again 2/10 for this episode
Aug 26, 2011 5:28 PM

Jul 2011
I know why he did it, but I wanted him to fight for Nanako and his current life.
Sep 19, 2011 1:14 AM

Aug 2011
Oh come on man, why did he have to blow it like that. Nanako actually still liked him even as an otaku, but he just acted like an asshole. How can he be so sure that he has to leave Tokyo anyway. He might aswell quit the galge production too then. When he sobers up he's going to feel so stupid.

Very sad episode. Btw anyone else who was reminded of the teacher from GTO? The stalker. With that room expose scene.
Sep 22, 2011 5:24 PM

Jun 2007
Cirris said:
dusFlaesPhan said:
Akolatronic said:
Neverender said:

This.

Yeah, I'm of the opinion he did the smart thing. Yamazaki knew he wasn't even her first choice by that point. Satou knew this as well after overhearing the girls gossip the one episode. Women sometimes like to keep guys like Yamazaki as their emergency support. I got the feeling that's all that their so called relationship ever was.

I guess for Yamasaki he knew it had to come to an end. So he'd take one chance to be a badass and push her buttons on purpose. It was his way of breaking free of any lingering doubts.

+1 = 5

Yamazaki became my favourite NHK character after his 'otaku reveal' stunt. An average man, such as Satou, would've given into his desires and fucked a girl such as Nanako silly if - in a room with tentacle rape on a monitor - she continued to express her affections openly. But Yamazaki was smart enough to know that, had he gone with the flow, it would've only caused more misery further down the line. It isn't as if a new relationship can survive long-distance - especially when Yamazaki was moving to the country and his girl loved the city life.

Satou wasn't able to laugh because the situation wasn't funny in the least. Had Nanako gone apeshit the moment she saw Yamazaki's nerdy smut collection, it would've been funny... but once she was willing to go out with him, in spite of his weirdness, it became painful.

Also, you guys complaining about Yamazaki's handling of the situation in the anime should take note of what happened in the manga: they had sex and, when Yamazaki was leaving at the train station, he saw Nanako kissing another girl; her declaring herself to be a lesbian (I think, anyway). Yeah...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Juliab - Mar 7, 2008

164 by RGreatDanton »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Welcome to the NHK Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Aug 20, 2008

123 by RGreatDanton »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

DarkBlue - Feb 6, 2008

215 by RGreatDanton »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Juliab - Apr 29, 2008

121 by narkotenshi »»
Apr 19, 3:33 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Jun 2, 2017

636 by krillville »»
Apr 8, 9:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.