Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 10, 2016 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, Tora and Mayuko has such a fun chemistry in this series, I love it.

Glad to see almost every character participate in the final fight including the Kamaitachi siblings. I like Tora's new armor too, very fitting with his fighting style. Seeing him fighting side by side with Ushio again is quite exciting against Hakumen. Intense episode as expected!

Stark700Jun 10, 2016 8:32 AM
Jun 10, 2016 8:31 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
This episode was beautiful in more ways than one

Mayuko's scene with Tora, the scene with the youkai siblings and most of all the fated reunion....Absolutely beautiful

RIP Scientists guys though, you shall be missed
Jun 10, 2016 8:41 AM

Mar 2013
first the scene with mayuko and tora almost made me want to cry, second humans finally starting to team up with youkai, third R.I.P. old scientist's (I hate that I can't remember there names), fourth Tora rejoins everyone to fight Hakumen and lastly Hakumen is now trapped in the barrier but refuses to go down without a fight. The build up for this is amazing was disappointed that it ended so soon.
Jun 10, 2016 9:03 AM

Jun 2014
Tora looks pretty badass with that new armor of his. I think seeing him and Ushio fighting Hakumen together really showed just how far the relationship between them has come, and overall it's really nice to see everyone joining together to beat Hakumen. Now that they've got him inside the barrier it's time for the final push. Next episode is titled "The End" so I'm guessing the fight will end in that episode then episode 13 will be an epilogue of sorts.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 10, 2016 9:07 AM

Aug 2010
The symbolism of I have a hole in my chest meaning Ushio was really sad :(

Loved the MayukoxTora scene.

The climax is nigh!
Jun 10, 2016 9:10 AM
Mar 2008
So................why the hell was Tora fully healed again as if nothing happened? Deus Ex Machina?
Jun 10, 2016 9:24 AM

Jul 2013
Sad that the scientists died. I liked them. The series keeps killing all the characters I like :(

Tora revives and next episode we will have the final battle. I guess that the last episode will have an epilogue or something.
Jun 10, 2016 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
Tora was fully healed! It was sad to see the scientists died!
Jun 10, 2016 9:35 AM

Jan 2015
Aww, Tora's become awkward toward Mayuko. How cute seeing them both at that really moment.
And now he's back to the battlefield with full armor which means he's now really ready for the battle against Hakumen.
That's it old-timer, you should just whistle and wait in the middle of that collapsing building. Just leave the battle for the young one.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 10, 2016 10:09 AM

Apr 2013
MahadoKusanagi said:
So................why the hell was Tora fully healed again as if nothing happened? Deus Ex Machina?

The power of love XD?

Ugh, I still choked up during Mayuko and Tora's scene. I mean, it was hard enough listening to an exhausted, broken Tora beat himself down like that, then Mayuko comes in and says such wishful thinking and... hnnnngh...

Next episode, holy shit I can hardly wait. There's two episodes left, so I'm pretty sure next week's will end on what I think will be that episode's cliffhanger. And what a doozy that one will be. Everyone hold on to your butts, there's still more shit to hit the fan.
Jun 10, 2016 10:16 AM

Jan 2015
Summarise this episode in one word: Subarashi
;-P
Jun 10, 2016 10:21 AM

Sep 2011
this episode was just so thrilling, ushio to tora has alot of ups and downs and unfortunately that inconsistency seriously hurts it but that doesnt makes its highs not a thrill.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jun 10, 2016 10:22 AM

Feb 2015
Man they totally nailed the Mayuko x Tora scene, loved that moment in the manga and still got teary eyed. Same with the scientist death although I feel like that impact was lost due to skipped content but was still sad..

5/5

I am really loving this season, So many good things to look forward too after a long night at work.
Jun 10, 2016 11:06 AM

Sep 2013
Mayuka x Tora moment :'(
Those old men whistling to their deaths XD
Ushio and Tora reunite and the fight continues.
Jun 10, 2016 11:53 AM

Jul 2008
MahadoKusanagi said:

Tora was always able to regenerate, due to Lady Hakumen making him immortal and all that. Better question might be why he didn't do it until now, the answer to which it would probably that he lost his will to fight.
Jun 10, 2016 12:08 PM
Mar 2008
Nayrael said:
MahadoKusanagi said:

Tora was always able to regenerate, due to Lady Hakumen making him immortal and all that. Better question might be why he didn't do it until now, the answer to which it would probably that he lost his will to fight.

Yeah i forgot that he can heal himself.
Jun 10, 2016 12:22 PM

Jun 2014
Anyone know the name of the sad soundtrack of the moment Mayuko x Tora? I wish to listen this without voices but I don't find it. It has not been released yet? :(
Jun 10, 2016 1:01 PM

Apr 2013
Raylegh said:
Anyone know the name of the sad soundtrack of the moment Mayuko x Tora? I wish to listen this without voices but I don't find it. It has not been released yet? :(

I believe the OST has been released. That's actually like a peaceful rendition of Mayuko's theme, I noticed--well, I think it's her theme because it plays a lot whenever she shows up (if Asako is in the same scene, it's much more upbeat). It's apparently called "Ushio's Team" (うしおのテーマ)? Unless that's the name of that particular OST album? I'm not entirely sure, but I know it when I hear it, and it sounds exactly like that, but much softer and slower than what I've previously heard. There's like multiple different versions of the same melody, so the closest to that one during the scene is like the fourth version actually, probably its ninth version now that I'm listening through it.
Lil-BirdJun 10, 2016 1:05 PM
Jun 10, 2016 2:18 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I need a Tora x Mayuko wallpaper now.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 10, 2016 2:51 PM

Nov 2009
Oh yes. Tora is back. Got some Tora x Mayuko and the OST was great again.
I can't wait for the release of the new OST.
Jun 10, 2016 3:54 PM
Dec 2015
Nayrael said:
MahadoKusanagi said:

Agree. My understanding is, Tora kept saying "I have a hole in my chest" was in fact a physical representation that he was emotionally hurt. Tora didn't want to admit it but Ushio kicking him away had really hurt him. But after Mayuko's cheer up, Tora finally admitted he wanted to fight alongside with Ushio. So Mayuko said "There isn't a hole in your chest anymore".
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
English is not my first language. Sorry for the bad grammar or wordings.
Jun 10, 2016 4:02 PM
Dec 2015
thebrentinator24 said:
Tora looks pretty badass with that new armor of his. I think seeing him and Ushio fighting Hakumen together really showed just how far the relationship between them has come, and overall it's really nice to see everyone joining together to beat Hakumen. Now that they've got him inside the barrier it's time for the final push. Next episode is titled "The End" so I'm guessing the fight will end in that episode then episode 13 will be an epilogue of sorts.

I think a more appropriate translation of the title should be "The Endgame". Don't understand why the subtitle team chose "The End".

Too bad MAPPA did not use "The meaning of the journey", which was my favorite manga chapter title.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
English is not my first language. Sorry for the bad grammar or wordings.
Jun 10, 2016 7:32 PM

Jun 2012
Always knew that Mayuko wanted Tora's cock
Jun 11, 2016 3:12 AM
Dec 2015
my emotions still hadn't recovered from last week with the hyou thing

and now you're throwing that mayuko scene along with the HAMR guys actually being badasses scene at me

"your hand and leg are broken too, aren't they?"

as their facility collapses all around them, holy hell

guess next episode will just be mostly battling Hakumen with the final episode being an epilogue thing
Jun 11, 2016 3:18 AM

Jan 2011
Hey, I spotted that maid youkai who got cut.

And now the duo are together again for the final fight.
Jun 11, 2016 4:26 PM

May 2014
waiting for the beast that Ushio and Tora saved back in the scientists episodes, he shows up in the ending so he should show up, right?
And what about Kirio? he just told us about the past and that's it?

But well, Nagare was there as well.. So..

Also, could anyone tell me what the portrait was all about a few episodes back? The long haired girl from Ushio's harem, she received it but then nothing.. what is that all about?

Jun 11, 2016 9:50 PM

Apr 2013
ZoroZoldyck said:
Also, could anyone tell me what the portrait was all about a few episodes back? The long haired girl from Ushio's harem, she received it but then nothing.. what is that all about?

Reiko's memories were still infected by the hiyou at the time, so she just thought the portrait of her was endearing despite not knowing why. But the meaning behind it was Ushio had promised to use her in a painting of his, and he kept it and gave it to her as his final present before he left for the final battle. There's no other follow-up, just a nice callback to "The Oni in the Painting" and that Ushio keeps his promises.
Jun 12, 2016 6:25 AM

Apr 2010
Great episode 10/10
does anyone know when the ost is coming out ?
Jun 13, 2016 10:30 AM

Mar 2014
so Mayuko went the Tora route lol?
Jun 13, 2016 1:53 PM

Aug 2010
LOL, the first half had so many double entendres. ;)

But really great episode. Only two left. :;
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jun 16, 2016 5:21 PM

Mar 2009
I will ship Mayuko and Tora until the day I die.
Great episode, as usual.
Jun 18, 2016 12:32 AM

Dec 2012
Beautiful episode, Tora x Mayuko was great. This episode was full of action, I'm happy to see Tora and Ushio together again
Jun 21, 2016 1:00 PM

Dec 2012
The best episode yet. :o So much happened in this episode. Love that confession from Mayuko that I think all of us saw coming a mile away lol. This episode went by so fast for me.
Jun 21, 2016 7:09 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode all around, Hakumen can't go down that easily
Jul 7, 2016 8:27 AM

Mar 2015
Yet another great episode, they've finally boxed Hakumen in but with 2 episodes to go you can't expect this to go smoothly huh
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 25, 2016 11:36 AM

Mar 2016
Nayrael said:
MahadoKusanagi said:

Also, probably that he was completely out of it.

I still wish they would explain what that comb is... I think Hinowa has the same combs that she said she uses solely for focus, so I'm guessing that comb is the same; focus to heighten houriki or some other sort of spiritual power, thus, why it could only work to bring someone back if the women using it had a strong connection to said person, to heighten their focus.

I'm just guessing; but that makes the most sense.

I'm glad the souls of the Ayakashi came back for a little revenge as well. I assume the Ayakashi was yet another Avatar placed in the world to observe (same as all the others), but in the process, devoured tons of lives that began to fill it, which were then freed once that first incarnation was destroyed.
It also then makes sense why its core was a giant eyeball (again, to observe) and why the spear would charge at it immediately once losing a piece of its seal. It's yet another part of Hakumen. It knew it.

I probably would've used those Koukan earlier. They're pretty weak, yeah, and Guren was the powerhouse, but still, swarm them with numbers. Seems like it worked pretty well here. Why wait, Hakumen?
CrimsonCWAug 25, 2016 11:43 AM
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Apr 19, 2017 3:49 AM

Feb 2013
They took Hakumen to the barrier again, I hope that nobody will die from now, it's going to be too sad if they all die.
Sep 26, 2017 10:11 PM

Dec 2012
Mayuko no wearing any clothes in spirit form. Nice.
Anime movie.
Tora is awake.
Oh, you can show Towako's nipples, but not Mayuko's? That's racist.
Kagari showing up saving Atsuzawa and finishing it with that beautiful pose. Dem legs! Dat oppai!
Raishin got hit.
Kagari's beautiful face.
Saya!
Dat flashback.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 27, 2019 7:11 AM
Jun 2013
another sweet moment for tora and mayuko. Dont feel to bad about the scientist lol.
Jun 9, 2019 7:05 PM
Sep 2017
Mayuko and Tora - loved that scene with them! What a sweet yet very odd scene it would be for them to be on a double date with Ushio and Asako if Tora were to become human, lol.
Scientists started out jerks, but ended up being very brave at the end. Everyone doing their part.
Reunion of Ushio and Tora was perfect - like putting on a pair of comfortable slippers - they just fell right back into their bickering relationship, but you can feel the relief and happiness behind it. :)
May 3, 2021 3:32 PM

Jul 2011
Pretty nice how litteraly everyone ends up helping in the final battle.
And now they are both here for the final battle.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2016

101 by Maou_heika »»
Apr 13, 6:46 AM

» How much did they skip?

BestBoiEren - Apr 3, 2016

14 by LynnVy »»
Feb 16, 6:15 PM

» Season 2 questions

VinnyDark70 - Jun 7, 2021

6 by ksm4367 »»
Aug 20, 2023 1:45 AM

» List of Ushio to Tora anime (2015) skipped manga chapters?

MetalTxus - Aug 13, 2017

6 by Tsurugi10 »»
Mar 28, 2023 11:00 PM

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

63 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 29, 2022 1:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.