Forum Settings
Forums

'Berserk' Manga Resumes Publication Under New Imprint

New
Jun 10, 2016 12:26 AM

Jul 2009
Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine has announced that Kentarou Miura's fantasy manga Berserk will resume serialization in the magazine's 13th issue of 2016, which is scheduled to go on sale on June 24. New chapters will subsequently be released once a month.

Miura had placed the series on hiatus in December 2015 when the latest TV anime adaptation of Berserk was announced. The series has been publishing in Young Animal since 1989. A supplement to be included in the next issue of the magazine will also contain more information on the new anime series, and Berserk will be featured on the cover of that issue.

The 38th volume of the manga (pictured) will also go on sale on June 24 under the new imprint Young Animal Comics. Berserk was previously published under Hakusensha's Jets Comics imprint, and the first 37 volumes will also be reprinted with the new imprint. The cover art of the 38th volume is a new rendition of the first volume's cover art.

Source: Comic Natalie
On Moderating: Building a more complete anime database.
Spica: Anime, manga, idols.
Jun 10, 2016 12:28 AM

Jan 2009
good news for Berserk fans then

but seriously why the author of this manga is always on hiatus? is he sick too like have back problems like Togashi?
Jun 10, 2016 12:36 AM
Jul 2018
So can we bet now who will go on hiatus first, togashi or miura?
Jun 10, 2016 12:39 AM
Aug 2011
let me rejoice for a bit <3
Jun 10, 2016 12:40 AM
Jul 2018
My money is on Togashi going on hiatus first
Jun 10, 2016 12:42 AM

Dec 2013
Already knew about this but seeing it again still makes me happy.
Jun 10, 2016 1:03 AM
Jun 2015
Can't wait to start reading the 38th volume.
Jun 10, 2016 1:09 AM

Jul 2014
Great news for the fans, it's also nice that they don't have to deal with quarterly serialization (i.e. DGM)
Jun 10, 2016 1:17 AM

Nov 2011
Good news, I hope it will get regular releases for rest of the year. *crosses fingers*
Jun 10, 2016 1:19 AM

Mar 2015
maybe this is the time i try to repick this series again... too long avoid this series already...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 10, 2016 1:25 AM
Apr 2016
im hyped about the new the mangas continuation, The Anime is gonna be shit though. its gonna be in CGI smh
Jun 10, 2016 1:34 AM

Aug 2008
j0x said:
good news for Berserk fans then

but seriously why the author of this manga is always on hiatus? is he sick too like have back problems like Togashi?

He's busy playing Idol Master.

Kentaro Miura feel Idol Master is objectively better than Berserk.
ZapredonJun 10, 2016 3:45 AM
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jun 10, 2016 3:31 AM
May 2015
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH !
Jun 10, 2016 5:10 AM
Jul 2018
lel I've heard this before...I give him 2 chapters and then we're back on hiatus.
Jun 10, 2016 5:54 AM

Sep 2015
This is why I have trust issues.
Jun 10, 2016 6:03 AM

Feb 2012
Come on Miura put in some work and for at least a year keep releasing chapters monthly.
Jun 10, 2016 6:04 AM

Mar 2014
This was common thought, but the confirmation made me happy.

Now my care for the disgusting anime has decreased even further; now I revel in the return of the greatest manga ever published.
Jun 10, 2016 6:46 AM

May 2010
fuck yeah!!!!!

--------------------------------------
Jun 10, 2016 9:58 AM

Mar 2015
ziggy_Z said:
This was common thought, but the confirmation made me happy.

Now my care for the disgusting anime has decreased even further; now I revel in the return of the greatest manga ever published.

My thoughts exactly. Excited!
Je trempe mes cookies dans tes larmes.
Jun 11, 2016 8:27 AM
Mar 2016
With Berserk being in a leage of it's own, I'm completely fine with Miura taking breaks when he's not sure he can handle it. It's the work of his life, and probably the read of mine and maybe even yours. I preffer him taking his time releasing the high quality material we've gotten used to, than to half-ass it and release a mediocre chapter each week or month. He needs to think the story and interactions, he has stuff from earlier chapters to bring up or set up other things for the next chapters. All of these have to be perfect in order to maintain consistency and keep us, his readers, interested. Besides all that, that God tier drawing isn't something you can do each day.

I guess it's about time I finish my re-reading and prepare for the new chapters. I'm highly intrigued by those witches they met on the island. Gave me a feel of deja-vu with Guts and his group when they met Schierke at the mansion.
Jun 13, 2016 11:30 AM

Nov 2009
Doigenunchi said:
With Berserk being in a leage of it's own, I'm completely fine with Miura taking breaks when he's not sure he can handle it. It's the work of his life, and probably the read of mine and maybe even yours. I preffer him taking his time releasing the high quality material we've gotten used to, than to half-ass it and release a mediocre chapter each week or month. He needs to think the story and interactions, he has stuff from earlier chapters to bring up or set up other things for the next chapters. All of these have to be perfect in order to maintain consistency and keep us, his readers, interested. Besides all that, that God tier drawing isn't something you can do each day.

I guess it's about time I finish my re-reading and prepare for the new chapters. I'm highly intrigued by those witches they met on the island. Gave me a feel of deja-vu with Guts and his group when they met Schierke at the mansion.

I am totally with you here. I remember HxH and it's long hiatus' during the Chimera Ant Arc, Frames full of text and sketchy shading for days. I prefer integrity over industry.
Jun 13, 2016 8:11 PM

Sep 2011
Doigenunchi said:

I just hope the story doesn't suffer. We're finally off the boat and we are waiting for the island and what it has in hold. Hopefully we can get a backstory on the Skull Knight and Void too.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 14, 2016 11:05 AM
Jun 2016
Thank u for posting the news!!! Super, super excited right now. Berserk is my fave!!!
Jun 14, 2016 11:19 AM

Jan 2012
Not gonna believe this , not with Miura .

Jun 14, 2016 4:42 PM

May 2011
I don't think the manga is gonna ever end.
Jun 18, 2016 5:33 PM

Jan 2015
so excited for this to come back.
Jun 21, 2016 4:17 PM

Jun 2014
So fucking excited, and the new thing is, it will be 42 pages long. It's an internal fangasm.

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
7 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Today

4 by Memore »»
9 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 10 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
10 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 12 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
11 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.