Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 7, 2016 12:41 PM

Apr 2013
This is a discussion for devil fruit powers that could be OP. Now we know not all devil fruits are created equal. Some are obviously weaker then other. However sometimes we think of certain devil fruit powers as being weak, when its actually the user that is weak.

For my example I will be using the bara bara no mi. This devil fruit power is actually pretty damn strong, however the user is weak.

First lets talk about defense. Buggy has the ability to chop himself into pieces and control those pieces at will. Other then his ability to chop himself into pieces, he is a normal human. So everything other then slicing attacks can hurt him. However he is very good at evasive maneuvers. Now lets talk a bit about Haki. Swords Imbued with haki can hurt Buggy. However provided the attack doesn't kill him he could still put himself back together afterwords. Of course internal bleeding would be a problem.

IF Buggy trained or if he died and someone else ate his devil fruit that person could be quite powerful. With Kenbunshoku Haki he could dodge almost any attack. Large Aoe attacks would be the main concern. As Buggy wouldn't have much in terms non evasive defense. Busoshoku haki would help somewhat, possibly even save his life, but it would still hurt.

Now lets talk about Offense. In terms of Offense Buggy doesn't have much going for him.
He can launch his arm at his opponent. It hasn't been shown to have much force. However If he could train it to move faster which I believe is possible then It could have much more force. If he combines it with Busoshoku Haki then it could be a powerful attack. He also has muggy balls in his shoes. However those would be useless against anyone with Kenbunshoku Haki. Its also worth pointing out that with enough training he could potentially be as strong as any non DF Haki user. Which we have seen some OP Haki users.
Of course this could apply to any devil fruit user so its not really a valid example. I still felt like pointing it out though.

Now lets talk about devil fruit awakening. As far as paramecia devil fruit awakening, we know they are able to effect the world around them. Doflamingo was able to turn inanimate objects into string. I don't believe it effects anything living
(besides the user for obvious reasons)

So If Buggy had DF awakening he could cut inanimate objects, and move them around at will. Right about now you are probably thinking...well we already have someone that can do that..and much more. Of course I am referring to Trafalgar Law. However there are some key differences between the two.

#1 Law can cut anything within its room, living or inanimate. He can also move anything he wants inside of his room. He can attach Living Objects to inanimate objects. He can switch places of objects both living, and inanimate including himself. So essentially teleporting or substitution jutsu lol. These are all examples of things Buggy wouldn't be able to do. However there is a clear limitation to Law's powers. He can only cut those things inside of his room. Now when he makes the room he can control the size. However once the room is made he can't adjust it or move it. So he would have to dismiss the old room, and create another.
Another draw back to this is his room depletes his stamina or energy rather quickly. So he can't use it for long periods of time. Where as with Bara Bara no mi, its range could be much further, and wouldn't deplete the users stamina as quickly. With DF awakening Buggy could potentially be an Island buster. I know hard to Imagine right?

Another interesting thing is Buggy can fly by removing his feet from the rest of his body.
Of course he can only fly within a certain range. If he moves outside of that range his feet, and body well attract each other like magnets.

However what If we apply that to DF awakening. Could he cut an object, then jump on top of that object, and use it as a flying carpet. The object would have to be solid, flat, and big enough to support him, but I think it could work.

Now I could list other DF powers that could be OP if it had the right user, but I feel like This post is to long already.

Anyways what are some DF powers that you guys think would be OP if it belonged to a better User. Feel free to run wild with the idea, but stick to devil fruit powers we have actually seen. How would you use those powers? What would they be capable of with DF awakening. How could Haki strengthen certain aspects of those powers.

astrozombie84Jun 7, 2016 12:45 PM
Jun 18, 2016 5:43 AM

Jun 2011
I get what you're trying to say, Buggy's fruit is amazing against swordsman, but only on defensive end. His bara bara no mi offers no offensive prowess at all. Muggy ball doesn't come from his devil fruit power.

I also disagree on the unlimited range on Buggy's part. I think the fact that he can't fly further than certain distance from his feet kind of indicate that there's a range to Buggy's power, and it's definitely smaller than Law's range with both at their best, although Law's power drains his life force.

We also can't be sure that paramecia awakening is all the same, that it will affect their surrounding. Even if Buggy's bara bara fruit is able to do that, I don't really see how deadly it can be. Maybe I am just bias because Buggy is goofy.

I think Enel's fruit, the lightning fruit is rather OP. Enel single handedly took down an entire army on Skypeia but Luffy, thanks to Luffy's rubber properties. This fruit can also act as a defibrillator and restart your heart, even after you died. If someone has mastered this fruit, it's safe to say that the user cannot be killed. I don't think that even pika-pika no mi (light fruit) is as strong. Imagine if you can awaken with the lightning fruit, good lord there will be lightning rain phenomena somewhere. It has also been shown that this lightning power has limitless range, and if paired with great kenbunshoku haki user, you can pretty much scan an entire island.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 2, 2016 6:19 AM

Apr 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
I get what you're trying to say, Buggy's fruit is amazing against swordsman, but only on defensive end. His bara bara no mi offers no offensive prowess at all. Muggy ball doesn't come from his devil fruit power.

I also disagree on the unlimited range on Buggy's part. I think the fact that he can't fly further than certain distance from his feet kind of indicate that there's a range to Buggy's power, and it's definitely smaller than Law's range with both at their best, although Law's power drains his life force.

We also can't be sure that paramecia awakening is all the same, that it will affect their surrounding. Even if Buggy's bara bara fruit is able to do that, I don't really see how deadly it can be. Maybe I am just bias because Buggy is goofy.

I think Enel's fruit, the lightning fruit is rather OP. Enel single handedly took down an entire army on Skypeia but Luffy, thanks to Luffy's rubber properties. This fruit can also act as a defibrillator and restart your heart, even after you died. If someone has mastered this fruit, it's safe to say that the user cannot be killed. I don't think that even pika-pika no mi (light fruit) is as strong. Imagine if you can awaken with the lightning fruit, good lord there will be lightning rain phenomena somewhere. It has also been shown that this lightning power has limitless range, and if paired with great kenbunshoku haki user, you can pretty much scan an entire island.

All Im saying is Imagine if someone else had that power, someone that didn't suck. Im saying with a better user it could be powerful.

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion

FMmatron - 7 hours ago

5 by Xynjak »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Veronin - Nov 1, 2009

73 by crumb_fr »»
Yesterday, 3:52 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1112 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - Apr 16

31 by Pakumen- »»
Yesterday, 12:40 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1102 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Dec 17, 2023

87 by Slimdudejim »»
Apr 21, 10:46 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 769 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Maerow - Nov 26, 2014

67 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 21, 6:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.