Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 3, 2016 6:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good episode, we got Ushio fighting in his armor in full power with confidence. Even against Hakumen's avatars, I think he is doing well.

Plenty of emotions this episode as well. I like how the fighting also expands beyond just Ushio and Tora vs Hakumen bu also Guren's return as well. Pretty intense action. Hyou's quite an underrated character so seeing him fighting was quite a pleasant treat. "It tasted good" D:
Stark700Jun 3, 2016 7:53 AM
Jun 3, 2016 8:06 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Seeing Ushio go in on Hakumen with the revived Beast Spear was awesome but the star of this episode is without a doubt Hyou

His battle with Guren was just pure badassery and seeing how he ended up killing him was way too cool

The ending made me sad though because I kinda wanted him to live and maybe stay with that mother and child....RIP buddy :(

Also, best girl better not die either after opening the portal to the underworld
Jun 3, 2016 8:16 AM

Mar 2008
I love seeing Hakumen in despair, Guren isn't coming to save your ass. Hyou killed that bitch like a boss. I just wish Hyou would have survived. Him returning home had me in tears.

P.S. Saya better not die.
Jun 3, 2016 8:25 AM

Feb 2014
Well RIP, Hyou. There goes another one of my favorite characters. Great to see that they once again did the manga justice. Seriously though, Wakamoto hamming it up as Guren is always worth it.

So many great moments this episode, too. The whole Saya stuff, Oyakume returning, everybody using their barriers to trap Hakumen, Ushio giving Tora his arm, 'He just went home'... man, I already knew that those events were coming, and it STILL got to me, every single bit.
Jun 3, 2016 8:44 AM

Jan 2015
That's it, a clean strike to Hakumen's forehead oficially means that the final battle has finally start. I really wish this episode will be full with battle against Hakumen.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Jun 3, 2016 9:18 AM

Nov 2015
Why you leave us Hyou! Great ep with a sense of closure upcoming soon. We can surely accept one or two surprises in the weeks to come.

The revival of Beast spear was awesome, felt the adrenaline rushing in my body. That white hair girl (don't remember her name) helped by bringing the old lady's (her name too) soul too.

Ushio fighting with the body armor and beast spear was cool. Hakumen's face with disbelief was a satisfaction though.

Hyou was undoubtedly the star of the ep. The emotions were too strong with this one. That monster dying gave him and his family a happy ending in some way. Damn those body spells!
bluebear_toraJun 3, 2016 9:22 AM
Jun 3, 2016 9:26 AM
Jul 2018
The revival of Beast Spear was awesome. Nice to see it's power got upgraded.

Hyou finally killed Guren. Hakumen is in despair.

It was sad to see Hyou died!
Jun 3, 2016 10:46 AM

Jun 2014
Hyou's battle with Guren was pretty badass. It would have been really nice if he had lived and either married that woman or stuck around as a family friend/father figure. Oh well, at least he got the closure he longed for. "He just went home" damn, that was powerful. Now we go back to the battle with Hakumen, who, luckily, won't have Guren to bail him out of this situation.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jun 3, 2016 10:58 AM

May 2010
Hyou. Badass to the very end. RIP
Jun 3, 2016 11:07 AM

Aug 2012
The woman and kid being there gave me hope for Hyou, but....He went out like a champ, that's forsure.
Jun 3, 2016 11:08 AM

Sep 2013
Hyou kills Guren but dies :'(
He's now with his family.

Beast spear is back and Hakumen in trouble.
Jun 3, 2016 11:19 AM

Aug 2010
Damn this series has gotten sooo damn good ever since Hakumen was released. Depending how they beat it I may raise to a 9.

The deaths in this series are really friggin emotional. I definitely teared up for Hyou's death. Both sadness since he couldn't stay with that family and happiness because he went back to his own.

His battle was amazing. Crazy ass epic faces as usual from this series and the way he let Guren eat his cursed hand was awesome. Had a Netero moment there. Wakamoto made Guren 100x better too so that was great.

Now for the Hakumen side. Saya was great, Ushio apologizing to Tora and giving him blood then REKTing some shit was amazing and seeing Hakumen despair for once was cool. He really relies on Guren it seems.
Jun 3, 2016 11:22 AM
Sep 2012
RIP Hyou. At least he's finally found peace and reunited with his family.
Jun 3, 2016 12:18 PM

Jul 2015
RIP Hyou. That fight was straight up insane. Props to Namikawa Daisuke for being amazing as always
Jun 3, 2016 1:33 PM

Jan 2015
Am like in your face Hakumen, no one is coming to save you.

ask4ebukaJun 3, 2016 1:41 PM
;-P
Jun 3, 2016 1:34 PM
Aug 2013
OMG this show is just awesome, the feels man. :'(
Jun 3, 2016 3:03 PM

Apr 2014
That Guren was a pretty cool guy, but this fucking bitch, calling her own kid annoying, she didn't need this, she needed to just die. Maybe Guren could've taken the kid too, would've been way better that way.
Jun 3, 2016 4:01 PM

Jun 2013
Hyou died oh no but at least he killed Guren
Jun 3, 2016 4:27 PM

Nov 2011
"I wish I could offer you my arm to eat, but this is the best I can do."
God DAMN USHIO!!!! That part was really good.

That fight with Guren and Hyou was amazingly good. Extremely emotional as well.

No one is coming to help you Hakumen.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 3, 2016 4:33 PM

Mar 2015
The crazy faces are awesome in this anime
Jun 3, 2016 5:11 PM

Jul 2013
Hyou died? That was really sad, he was one of my favs ;_; At least he died like a badass finally avenging his family (and helping Ushio and his allies in his battle against the Hakumen, since without Guren, it is now alone against his enemies). The scene when the mother tells to her daughter that he doesn't die, but he just went home really gave me the feels. RIP Hyou, you will be remembered.

When the Hakumen was calling Guren in despair was totally awesome. Now the final battle can properly start.
Jun 3, 2016 5:15 PM
Apr 2014
RIP Hyou, you may go home now.
What a sad episode.
Jun 3, 2016 8:10 PM
Oct 2007
Freaking awesome episode this week.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 3, 2016 8:19 PM

Jan 2011
Oh damn, the mist monster showed up, even though they didn't adapt those chapters.

They're really doing this final battle justice.
Jun 3, 2016 9:28 PM

Nov 2012
Now that's a true battle.
Jaywalker.
Jun 3, 2016 10:49 PM

Apr 2013
Hnnngh, it's coming along nicely--Hyou remaining epic to the very end as Guren screamed and exploded was what I was waiting for. This final battle is going to look beautiful.
Jun 3, 2016 11:17 PM

Jan 2014
As usual the derp faces are top-quality here.

I did not expect that Saya move though, but I really enjoyed every second of Ushio smashing the spear on the Hakumen's head for such a brutal blow. Hope it hurted.

Perhaps the biggest irony is that the embodiment of fear and despair, is the one despairing the most when being forcefully pulled. I literally lol'd my ass off at the ending part when he was calling out to Guren even though he got korosu'd.

That fight there was good, the mother and child there felt random. Our guy is dead (sad though) but remained a badass. to put seals on his body and pull his own eye on that move though is brutal. Hyou really leave Kurapica as interesting as an ant on the road when it comes down to revenge, he is absolutely savage on finishing Guren.
Jun 4, 2016 12:34 AM
May 2010
Welcome home Hyou, it's time for you to finally have a peaceful rest with your wife and daughter. T_T
Jun 4, 2016 1:45 AM

Feb 2015
Hyou's death in the manga had such a bigger impact on me, I mean I was nearly crying like a little girl while reading that in the manga. Maybe because I knew of it before hand but his death in the anime while still well done just didn't have that big kick..

An Amazing episode..

Shame they are fucking around handing that Tora statue out, and a lame way as well..Would love to have that in my room
Jun 4, 2016 7:07 AM
Aug 2014
Sad to see no anime youtuber is reviewing this greatness, and even here on MAL it doesn't have a big fanbase.
Jun 4, 2016 10:46 AM

Jan 2015
The feels this episode (00)†.......Atleast Guren was killed by Hyou.....Fuck you Hakumen!!!! Lol
Jun 4, 2016 3:12 PM

Aug 2014
"He just went back home", God, I barely hold back my tears at this. RIP Hyou, your family is waiting for you in the afterlife.
Jun 4, 2016 5:00 PM

Mar 2009
Hyou, what a badass. What a tragic life the poor guy had. At least he was able to get his revenge in the end. I hope he can find peace at last.
Jun 5, 2016 1:56 AM

Dec 2012
Hyou best character ! Great episode, the action is intense in this episode
Jun 5, 2016 5:30 AM
Dec 2015
Hyou's death really got me. I guess all that's needed now is Tora to revive and it's straight up nothing but the final battle from here... also, I was curious what Saya's role was going to be, but opening the goddamned gates to the Netheworld was probably not what I was going to guess.
Jun 5, 2016 6:36 AM

Nov 2015
Finally Hyou avenged his family and went to join them. 2 of my best characters are dead: Tora and Hyou. I have a feeling that Tora will come back because of the beast spear and Ushio's blood. I have so much emotions right now. well 3 more episodes until the series end. It was a long and worthwhile trip.

"The longer you live, the more you realize that reality is just made of pain, suffering, and emptiness." -Madara Uchiha
Jun 5, 2016 6:12 PM
Aug 2014
I won't lie, I cried this episode.
Jun 5, 2016 7:40 PM

Dec 2015
Can someone please upvote UTT season 2 listed on MAL to at least 8.8? This season definitely deserves a higher rating.
Jun 5, 2016 8:41 PM

Aug 2010
What an awesome episode.

Hyou, such a hardcore character. The fight was really cool. Sad that Hyou died, but at least he went in a really cool way.

The lady was annoying, though; really, she couldn't run away?
Bum Bum Dum Dum

Jun 5, 2016 10:39 PM

Aug 2011
Hulu, I kinda wanted you to live and maybe get along with that mother and daughter despite knowing you were on a death trip since season 1....

Now for the main fight, have we built up enough hope yet? Yeah? Now let's drag that monster away from his power source and finally teach him a thing or two. No, let's throw the book at him. Hit him fast and hard. He must learn sooner rather than later.
Jun 7, 2016 5:25 PM

Apr 2007
That woman looked like a dirt poor whore with an unwanted child, and I was half right. The messy hair on both of them, the heavy drinking, the little girl with a piece of bread (like poor people are typically depicted with). I know the wife was going through a tough time since her husband was just killed + the world ending and surly didn't care about anything at that point, but everything just felt off/random about those two.

It doesn't help that I didn't care much for Hyou. Stories focused solely on revenge tend to bore me. At least he was able to take out a part of Hakumen's force. Overall this is just another instance of let's move on for me :v
Jun 8, 2016 2:52 AM

May 2008
Whelp fuck that entire episode.

The scene where Ushio was like "sorry I couldn't like give you an arm or something but hey here's this" got me. Even after being through hell and back Ushio is still just a really good kid :(.

And I didn't care about the random woman/child much either but Hyou's death scene was pretty emotional to me. The whole "nah he hasn't died he's just gone back home" part was pretty well done since I'm whatever about his character.

RIP Wakamoto, you were only in a few episodes but you were on point as always.
Jun 20, 2016 10:21 PM

Jan 2013
Another good episode, bringing a close to all the stories
Jun 21, 2016 12:25 PM

Dec 2012
This is all building up to be pretty good despite it skipping some arcs.
Jul 7, 2016 4:03 AM

Mar 2015
Great episode, revenge is sweet and it was nice to see Hyou exact it on Guren after all the years.. shame it came at the cost of his own life, but at least he reunites with his family.

And now Hakumen is cornered and doesn't seem to have anyone left to rely on! Three episodes to go to see how this will pan out!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Aug 23, 2016 4:31 PM

Mar 2016
Tohka_Yatogami said:
The revival of Beast Spear was awesome. Nice to see it's power got upgraded.

It didn't get 'upgraded'; Ushio just finally removed the cord (the red sash), which was a seal placed there by youkai long ago. Even that little bit left on was enough to hinder its overall power at least 10x.

I loved the second half with Hyou, same as almost everyone else. This has been my favorite episode thus far, if only for that.

It's kinda funny that the red sash on the Beast Spear was revived when the shards were, but I guess a seal is a seal for a reason, and probably followed it or something.

I can't believe they included that whole mist monster bit, since it was cut everywhere else. Like I wrote before, Hakumen has other avatars around the world acting as his eyes, and just because Ushio never ran into it in the anime, doesn't mean it didn't exist.
Still kinda weird, though.

Do people really think Tora died? He... can't die, in case you forgot. That's still true as an Azafuse.
CrimsonCWAug 24, 2016 2:52 PM
Life can be cruel and unfair. At worst it can traumatize and cripple you. The desire for wanting things to return to the way they were can cost everything and changes nothing. The best way is to keep moving forward, struggle on.
Anger can be powerful but can only get you so far. Let people into your life even if some of them leave you in time.

Fight. Like. Hell. For everything and everyone you love. Always.
Sep 17, 2016 1:10 PM
Aug 2016
THIS WAS SO SAD IT'S NOT FAIR!!!! God, I love this story...
Sep 22, 2016 4:22 PM

Apr 2009
....EVERYBODY DIES D:'_!!!
I like to comment Episodes as i Watch them.
Sep 30, 2016 8:47 AM
Mar 2012
omg Tora had one tummy hole, now three, & puking a new spear.
Hyou vs Guren was so full of badass faces & moves, connected well to his backstory. Very cool to embed curses in his bait arm, but i don't get why he stuffed his spirit eye into Guren as well.
Mar 12, 2017 1:13 PM

May 2014
Noooo, seeing Hyou die was a heartbreaker :(
Like many I had hopes for him to continue to live on with that woman and her daughter. These last two episodes have been amazing.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2016

101 by Maou_heika »»
Apr 13, 6:46 AM

» How much did they skip?

BestBoiEren - Apr 3, 2016

14 by LynnVy »»
Feb 16, 6:15 PM

» Season 2 questions

VinnyDark70 - Jun 7, 2021

6 by ksm4367 »»
Aug 20, 2023 1:45 AM

» List of Ushio to Tora anime (2015) skipped manga chapters?

MetalTxus - Aug 13, 2017

6 by Tsurugi10 »»
Mar 28, 2023 11:00 PM

Poll: » Ushio to Tora (TV) 2nd Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

63 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 29, 2022 1:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.