Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 2, 2016 5:05 PM

Apr 2016
Man, there are a LOT of contenders for hated Gundam 00 characters. I doubt anyone will disagree with that fact. I wanna know what are your most hated Gundam 00 characters? Since there WILL be spoilers (you can mark them if you want) this will only be for the season 2 forums, as this covers the events of the whole show, including season 2.

My hated characters: Ribbons Almark, Saji Crossroad, Andrei Smirnov

My disliked but not hated characters: Louise Halevy, Wang Liu-Mei, Heling Care, Hong-Long, Blonde Fatass commander, Gray haired douchebag who died in episode 13.

Honorable Mentions: Marina, Nena Trinity, Ali Al-Saachez, Lyle Dylandy (new Lockon), Random ass innovators (except Regene), Patrick, Soma "Marie" Pieres, Graham (blame season 2), Billy (again, blame season 2), Tieria Erde,
CodeBlazeFateDec 2, 2017 4:35 PM
Jun 5, 2016 5:59 AM

Dec 2015
It might be Setsuna "Ore wa Gundam" Seiel for me.
Every member of the Gundam squad in this series was like another try at the Wing one (and I already disliked them), except physically more mature. But Gundam-wannabe was highly irritating in that he was recycling the Heero character sheet from Wing (the one I thought was the worst in this show) and topped it with some incredibly stupid slogan I could hardly stand after a few episodes (the famous "I am a Gundam")
Jun 5, 2016 6:08 AM

Mar 2008
Rei366 said:
It might be Setsuna "Ore wa Gundam" Seiel for me.
Every member of the Gundam squad in this series was like another try at the Wing one (and I already disliked them), except physically more mature. But Gundam-wannabe was highly irritating in that he was recycling the Heero character sheet from Wing (the one I thought was the worst in this show) and topped it with some incredibly stupid slogan I could hardly stand after a few episodes (the famous "I am a Gundam")

How can you say no to the greatest Gundam heroes.

Jun 5, 2016 6:10 AM

Apr 2016
@Rei366 Personally, I don't mind Setsuna when he's not being preechy in season 2. I haven't seen Wing, but from clips I ran into, I already know that I will detest Heero. For me, the least likable of the 4, technically 5 now, is a tie between Tieria and Lyle. The most unfortunately mistreated in terms of writing HAS to be Allelujah. In season 2, he has a very weak subplot compared to that of season 1, and at points, it's as if season 2 forgets that he not only exists, but IS a main character. One of the many reasons why season 2 sucks.
Jun 5, 2016 6:17 AM

Dec 2015
My God, are those dialogues from a Super Robot Taisen? Perfect way to represent them.

And I know how I can say no. I waited around four years to watch my first Gundam (it was Wing) episode after having read praises and praises about how good Gundam (0079) was. WhenI discovered the main character, I resented Heero Yui paper white personality from episode 1 until the end (and ever after, since there are OAVs). I could never interest myself to him.

What was Setsuna ? A newtypish white paper identical to Hiiro with a lame catch phrase and some religious things later. Sure, he delivered nice action scenes (but not really captivating, since Wing and 00 Gundam are way overpowered compared to any fodder). But I don't dislike him as much as Hiiro, no idea why.
Jun 5, 2016 7:18 AM

Apr 2016
For me, even though I hate Ribbons and Saji, I DETEST Andrei Smirnov!

This brings me to a problem with 00 as a whole, but season 2 especially. One of season 2's motifs is revenge. There are 3 characters who's primary motive in season 2 is revenge, and NONE of them are very likable!

Andrei is not only very uninteresting most of the time, but he's actively horrible when his vengefulness kicks in, and the moment that sealed it for me that this guy was a detestable scumbag was when he impales his father, gets nothing out of it, and dosen't develop at all.

Louise, with literally NO PROGRESION towards this, becomes a hypocritical psychopath. Her breakdowns at realizing the full extent of the situations she's in don't help considering that at no point does she show remorse for anything she's done, even when she's actively a part of the organization that goes out of its way to slaughter civilians, and her blaming Celestial Being for her problems, despite that A. It was Nena Trinity and Nena Trinity ALONE who was responsible, and B. She wasn't even a true member of Celestial Being. Just a darker collaborator. She dosen't get any better after getting revenge either (that revenge being: her impaling Nena, but deciding that's STILL not enough).

Speaking of Nena Trinity, she's by far the worst example of this. Despite some sociopathic tendencies, in season 1, her brothers were murderd RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER! If they were written to be more sympathetic despite their tendencies, their deaths would be absolutely horrible, causing us to sympathize with, and support Nena on her revenge quest. However, in season 2, she's just as, if not MORE sociopathic than ever, and with none of the true emotional and psychological baggage required to truly make us sorry for her, and root for her revenge. '

Damn, season 2 made me hate a lot of these guys.
CodeBlazeFateSep 11, 2017 8:34 PM
Sep 11, 2017 7:12 AM

Aug 2017
Yeah. What ^this dude said.
"There's no shame in falling down... true shame is to not stand up again!"
Dec 2, 2017 3:16 PM

Aug 2015
For me, it's the new Lockon and Saji.
These two fuckers were bland and annoying
Dec 2, 2017 4:32 PM

Apr 2016
KurataLordStage said:
For me, it's the new Lockon and Saji.
These two fuckers were bland and annoying
Most certainly awful characters, and Saji is really high up but Andrei...just Andrei...

Also, hi there, bud. How's the 00s going?
Dec 2, 2017 4:42 PM

Oct 2014
setsuna by far. he only cares about his gundam.
Jan 8, 2018 3:17 AM
Aug 2016
Andrei Fucking Smirnov. And yes Fucking is his middle name. The dude at no point in this show is likeable at all. With Saji when he's not super whiny and bitchy I can stomach him. Louise is close but Andrei does one of the shittiest things I've ever seen in anime. He literally killed his dad who is a fantastic soldier, leader, and most importantly character because his dad protected people instead of his damn mom. This show suffers from a bunch of spoiled brats getting spotlight with a bunch of characters who let's their flaws consume them. Billy and Graham suffer from these weird traits popping up in S2 and it infecting and becoming their character. Honestly fuck Andrei he is one of the worse characters I've ever seen perhaps. Also I agree none of the characters develop from their respective revenges.
Aug 12, 2018 7:26 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
I'm on episode 21 of gundam 00 s1 and so far, I dislike tieria for having a stick up his ass and ali for being annoying and cocky.

Edit: ali al-bastard is now my most hated character in gundam 00, especially after what he did to lockon.

Edit 2: Now when I think about it, nena's revenge motives were stupid because she reaped what she sowed. She decided to bomb a wedding (which killed all of louise's relatives) for the lulz and when karma bites her in the ass (both her brothers get killed), she gets mad and wants revenge too. Of all the three, louise is the only good one. I don't care for andrei, and wang liu mei and her brother. Andrei is nowhere near as bad as iok kujan though.
LeonhartAugustNov 21, 2018 3:02 PM
Aug 28, 2018 9:21 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Other characters I hate would be saji crossroad because of season 2, that father killer (killed best dad in gundam 00) and marina ismail for being useless. I take back what I said about tieria erde. I don't understand your hate for louise tbh.

tfw people hate lockon stratos (lyle). That guy isn't supposed to be a clone of his brother and I feel that most of his haters hate him because he's not neil.
Aug 29, 2018 4:16 AM

Apr 2016
DepravedMagi said:
Other characters I hate would be saji crossroad because of season 2, that father killer (killed best dad in gundam 00) and marina ismail for being useless. I take back what I said about tieria erde. I don't understand your hate for louise tbh.

tfw people hate lockon stratos (lyle). That guy isn't supposed to be a clone of his brother and I feel that most of his haters hate him because he's not neil.
The thing is, Lyle makes no sense. Despite wanting to distance himself from his brother as possible in terms of identity, he enthusiastically does the exact same things, except he had no charm or anything to like about him. Yea, those other characters from S2 are just...oof. Also, Louise is a massive hypocrite and is developed in a nonsensical fashion that reeks of there being major gaps in her character and what they wanted to do with her. She became rather dull at the best of times.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TechnicsMKII - Mar 27, 2009

227 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 10:00 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

psygol - May 29, 2009

50 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 20 Discussion

kage-bunshin - May 20, 2009

38 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 13, 2009

111 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:32 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second Season Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

TechnicsMKII - Feb 7, 2009

130 by LotteGiants »»
Mar 1, 12:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.