Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Jun 15, 2016 5:47 PM

Jul 2012
I really don't like where the show is going right now. Seems like Biba's planning to release, judging by the blue heart without a kabane in the center, something similar a kabane colony into Kongokaku for revenge against the Shogun.

Seems pretty overboard and makes him seem pretty one-dimensional, but then again, it's not confirmed. Also there are still a couple questions to be answered:
Why did the shogun abandon him?
What did he do to make the shogun abandon him and to still have people trying to assassinate him even after 10 years?
Judging by his character so far, maybe the shogun didn't see him fit to take over after his death?

Let's see how everything plays out with 4 episodes left.
Jun 16, 2016 7:39 PM

Jun 2012
I'm a really open minded person when it comes to watching anime, but is anyone else tired of these sort of over zealous MC's? It gets really annoying. Also, the voice acting for the MC seemed so forced this episode, trying to sound way too deep.
Jun 17, 2016 12:16 PM
Feb 2014
I hate this Bieber boy more than the protagonist's voice, and that's saying something
Jun 19, 2016 12:58 AM

Jan 2016
Jesus this main character is fuckin annoying. Stop shouting every fuckin word.
Jun 20, 2016 11:08 AM

Sep 2014
Haven't been on Kabaneri's for few weeks..
Now we get even more 'strong heroes' with exceptional hair and strong abilities.. Horobi is definitely my favorite ( from the looks only yet ). And we didn't get one major villain yet , but I guess we all can agree that Biba may be one , at least for this season.

Also some new 'mysteries' are being revealed..About Mumei being a man-made kabaneri.. she shouldn't be the only one imo..

^^ Oh yeaah Ikoma is so annoying with his damn shouting..
Jun 20, 2016 12:03 PM

Sep 2015
Mr_Shnb said:
Jesus this main character is fuckin annoying. Stop shouting every fuckin word.

this. also he might have the worst character design i've ever seen for a mc

Jun 22, 2016 5:53 PM

Jan 2013
Last part was pretty interesting, other than that boring episode.
Jun 24, 2016 2:34 PM

Apr 2015
Some decent action this time around. Why was even the blonde wearing a mask when it didn't even protect her face or identify? Maybe just for the sake of looking cool, lol.
Quite a cliche past for Mumei, Biba also seems quite a generic character. Atleast this series might have a motive now.

2.5/5 for the episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2016 5:27 PM

Jul 2012
This is the episode I dropped this anime on lol.

People lack something in this anime, not sure what it is, but I couldn't get through it.
Jun 27, 2016 3:00 PM
Jul 2, 2016 7:10 AM

Nov 2011
Episode not really exhilarating, the altars are immediately revealed, the reason is simple, time is limited, but it takes away the charm of history that already does not shine that much, the real Biba intentions were quite clear, he felt the stench already far away, so to speak. Technically it is not great. The only thing that surprised me is to find Kabane on the train, what's that vile scheming of Biba? This is the only interesting thing about the entire episode.
Jul 5, 2016 1:05 AM

Mar 2015
Ergh who is this Biba guy
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jul 6, 2016 5:29 AM

Aug 2014
Oh Mumei not this shit again...

One thing i love about this show is when they do the close to the characters faces, the art looks like nice there.
Jul 8, 2016 7:54 PM

Jan 2013
I am glad I am not the only one who hates Ikoma's voice. Chill the fuck out pls! God the shouting match between Mumei and Ikoma.

Ikoma is so native and way too easily offended which is annoying. His dialogue was something special in this one.....
BornWithCHeeSeJul 8, 2016 8:06 PM
Jul 10, 2016 7:59 AM
Dec 2009
Mumei's past :( and all our theories start coming true :P

Biba's character design looks like something out of FFXIII.
Jul 20, 2016 8:34 AM

May 2012
Heavy development! Things sure are heating up. Let's see what's next!
Jul 28, 2016 7:48 AM

Jun 2008
nastyolroshi said:
I kinda liked Biba but after Ikoma explained that he laughed while killing other people I kinda lost my interest in his character. They are obviously setting him up as an antagonist(at least that's what I think after ep 8, maybe something changes later on). Overall a nice episode, I just wish Mumei wasn't so hard to deal with, she seriously hasn't progressed at all.

He laughs while killing people and he took a small girl that adored him and turned her into half monster ruining her life.
It's fair to say he is a bad guy.

From the things said with those hostages he took though it really seems like he wants some kind of revenge for being abandon in some battlefield. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy is Kabaneri himself by being beaten in that battlefield he mentions.
Aug 1, 2016 3:43 PM
Sep 2009
So hunters have heart piercing guns too? Why exactly was Ikoma's invasion such a surprise then and why hasn't anyone demanded for a blue print share from Hunters?

If they don't want to share them, they are clearly not interested in saving humanity.

And Mumei is being dumb again. What a surprise.
Sep 27, 2016 8:35 AM

Jun 2016
New force and some new Kabaneri's. Seems like Biba is researching on Kabane's.
Biba's motives are unknown, but i want to believe him!
Oct 18, 2016 2:54 PM

Mar 2012
Welp, Mumei is pretty brainwashed by Biba. I can already sense the bullshit slowly creeping into the story :(

kitten320 said:
So hunters have heart piercing guns too? Why exactly was Ikoma's invasion such a surprise then and why hasn't anyone demanded for a blue print share from Hunters?

If they don't want to share them, they are clearly not interested in saving humanity.

I was wondering the same thing but these guys seem to be some crazy assholes so them not sharing knowledge of how to make kanabe heart piercing guns/ammo with the rest of the people wouldn't be too surprising. It's the only logical explanation since the anime made such a big deal of Ikoma's invention.
Oct 21, 2016 4:56 PM
Sep 2009
Avenger-senpai said:
Welp, Mumei is pretty brainwashed by Biba. I can already sense the bullshit slowly creeping into the story :(

kitten320 said:

I was wondering the same thing but these guys seem to be some crazy assholes so them not sharing knowledge of how to make kanabe heart piercing guns/ammo with the rest of the people wouldn't be too surprising. It's the only logical explanation since the anime made such a big deal of Ikoma's invention.

Yeh, but higher ups could make demands. I can't imagine greedy kings just giving up like that.
Oct 23, 2016 8:39 AM

Jul 2012
kitten320 said:
Avenger-senpai said:

Yeh, but higher ups could make demands. I can't imagine greedy kings just giving up like that.

I'm not sure the higher-ups in Kongokaku have enough reason to care, if they're confident that no Kabane will ever enter the station and they don't want to fight the Kabane themselves. Even if they did make demands, their technology is far inferior to the Hunter's, so...Biba wouldn't follow any demands. :P If they tried to kill him, he would kill them.
Oct 23, 2016 1:28 PM
Sep 2009
Phoebe3315 said:
kitten320 said:

I'm not sure the higher-ups in Kongokaku have enough reason to care, if they're confident that no Kabane will ever enter the station and they don't want to fight the Kabane themselves. Even if they did make demands, their technology is far inferior to the Hunter's, so...Biba wouldn't follow any demands. :P If they tried to kill him, he would kill them.

What automatically makes Biba a humanity threat that needs to be dealt with in one way or another.
Dec 13, 2016 10:48 PM

Dec 2012
Horobi.

Killing Kabane on motorcycles!

Snake died.

Yukina getting ready to go to work!

So they used a needle on Mumei.

So Biba isn't a hero. As expected.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 24, 2017 6:22 AM

Jul 2013
Intense action in the first half. It was good. Ikoma annoyed me in the second half though. Damn I just can't stand it when protagonists do this, when their friend leaves them and they become obsessed in making them come back and goes" your new friend that you left me for is evil and a bad influence to you please come back, please I beg you, I'm lonely please" oh for fuck's sake leave her alone she chose this herself. It's just pathetic and hard to watch. Also one more thing about Ikoma that pisses me off is that he's too idealistic. "Don't bully the weak cause they deserve to live", "Help those in need" dude fuck off with that bullshit, in the real world, especially in that world, it's survival of the fittest. I might just start rooting for Biba now. Also his voice, God someone make him stfu please.
Jul 10, 2017 12:51 PM

Aug 2016
Not enough english mechanic guy, quality is certainly going down.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 31, 2017 10:19 PM

May 2013
lol Biba is an ass, but he sure is pretty and has nice hair and eyes, ahhah ;P

Hopefully Mumei's eyes will open. It's hard to turn against someone who saved your life and taught you for years :/
Nov 25, 2017 7:17 AM

Jun 2016
Oh, so Biba is not Mumei's brother, he just let her call him brother. Lmao. Good. Good.

I wonder why a lot of people are after Biba's life? Probably because he's an asshole who needs to go? Hahaha. Ikoma saw him smiling when he killed that old man. Lmao. Caught in the act, asshole. And he's the reason why Mumei became a Kabaneri. She was an experiment subject of his. Always thought Mumei was bitten by a Kabane.

So, the Hunters is a group of Kabaneri? And a group of assholes, too? Haha. I already hate them all.

I understand Mumei, though, that she's staying with Biba. After all, he's like her savior, but she needs to be enlighten soonest that that Biba is an asshole.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Feb 20, 2018 7:35 PM

Apr 2016
wow the writing is all over the place
Jan 17, 2019 11:05 AM

Apr 2013
No-name no baka, you threaten their leader and they lie to you? What a surprise!
Apr 12, 2020 7:40 AM

Dec 2018
Mumei and now Horobi, huh? Biba gives them a pretty generic name.

"He's asking for help" Lol, if only Ikoma would learn first about the situation instead of trying to find faults in Biba.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Apr 16, 2020 7:44 PM

May 2018
I hate to be the one who says it, but Biba is kind of attractive, like his bishi face, slight sadism/villainy, mixed with Miyano Mamoru's voice is actually so fucking hot. Like damn.
May 26, 2020 4:33 AM

May 2016
Characters acting so unreal I can’t believe how they made such a quality with this
Mediocre plot.
Jan 21, 2021 6:50 PM

Jul 2013
After a little conversation we went right into action. The hunters are pretty crazy and every single one of them is super strong. I didn't expect to see another Kabaneri in form of Horobi. I loved the way she and Mumei killed the bigger Kabane.

If it comes to Biba he seemed like a nice person at first but damn is this guy an psychopath. There was so much joy in his face when he killed that old man. I can understand how hard it must be for Mumei to think anything bad about her so called "brother", but he's responsible for turning her into a Kabaneri. She gets controlled by him. Best example was the scene where she wanted the key from Ayame. Atm I also don't understand why there are so many Kabane in the train. What's Bibas plan with them?

I hope Mumei opens here eyes soon enough and realizes that Biba isn't someone she should trust.

Jan 23, 2021 9:36 AM
Jan 2020
Well ofc Ikoma was right about Biba not being a real hero or anything. He has a lot of power and is using it for the wrong purpose. He is researching on something and maybe that’s why he has all those Kabane with him. Ikoma is going to do something cool, I just know it. Biba wants the master key as well, maybe he is trying to increase the population of the Kabane horde he has with him. Very interesting.
Mar 13, 2021 7:03 AM

Jul 2008
Is everyone underestimating how weak these people are without the help of kabaneri? Becoming a kabaneri to become stronger to be able to save yourself and others does not seem like such a bad thing in this world they're in. The only thing that makes biba bad is smiling at others death.
May 12, 2021 11:30 PM
Oct 2019
disowned shogun son guy going to try and control a kabane colony? nothing wrong with researching the kabane, but they're going out of their way to make us think his intentions are impure

and this anonymous girl...wtf... she's got some damn faux brother complex and now she's the worst character in the show
Jun 4, 2021 6:52 AM
Dec 2015
Mumei quickly going from my favorite character to my least favorite x.x
Jul 8, 2021 7:04 AM

Aug 2020
Well, at least it's clear that Biba is the final boss of the series.

If you ask me, for a 12 episode anime, I would rather have a story that focuses fully on Kabane's, rather than first half Kabanes, second half civil war. This show doesn't have the screen time to do it (not like AOT).

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Nov 29, 2021 9:20 AM

Mar 2010
Lmao leader of the group is on a horse while the others are on a motorcycle. The assassin is a idiot lol. He just trying to assassinate him by "getting him off guard" zzzz
May 23, 2023 11:29 AM

May 2020
I fucking hate those characters who are sooooo easy to manipulate. So pretty any much scene this episode with Mumei in it got on my nerves. Also please enough acting like a broken record and repeating ani-sama this, ani-sama that.

I also want to bring light upon that attempted assassination event.. like what was that? Like one of them himself said, if it was this easy to assassinate everyone's ani-sama someone would've done that ages ago, but still these people tried and failed spectacularly. It was to show the capabilities of this new group.. then no one's really interested tbh.

Anyways are we really going with this pink-haired ikemen named Biba as final boss??
Aug 13, 2023 11:34 AM

Oct 2022
Of course she plays for the bad people. And not everyone is created necessarily strong or weak, each serves a purpose.

Nov 20, 2023 11:29 PM

Oct 2013
Wow, those soldiers from the Liberator have guts! To charge right outside the walls to face the kabane threat directly.

Biba seems to be a shady person, though. But is he really evil, or does he just represent a different way of handling the kabaneri problem? Him and Ikoma seem to be alike in some way.
Nov 30, 2023 2:11 PM

Dec 2022
To be fair, if Biba is the one heading the experiments to turn people into Kabaneri, then you can't say it doesn't have any greater utility to it, since Kabaneri are clearly superior fighters. Concerning the efforts to exterminate the Kabane, these procedures have the right idea. On the other hand, something gives me the feeling Biba plans to unleash the captured Kabane on the rest of the train, which is less justifiable.

Shaded Horizon

Dec 21, 2023 10:40 AM

Jun 2020
I dont have problem him turning people into Kabaneri if its helps to fight why not? But like he is just annoying to me he’s speech , hes action everything and as a Bad guy he’s not interesting at all. As I understand he wants to take revenge with the zombies but like because of one guy kill thousands of people? How it is make sense im not sure but maybe Im wrong about Biba's plan.

Mumei….I mostly dont like characters like her Im totaly okay with characters that got manipulated by others if the writing is good but with her is just not working at all.They shows us like she has some kind fo development and than just toss it to the trash
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 14, 2016

790 by wallus81 »»
Today, 1:58 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

932 by wallus81 »»
Apr 20, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2016

524 by FedeMetal »»
Apr 1, 8:22 PM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

367 by FedeMetal »»
Mar 30, 11:21 AM

Poll: » Koutetsujou no Kabaneri Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

616 by Garrett_Dark »»
Mar 10, 11:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.