Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2016 7:33 PM

Nov 2014
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
such a tough opponent :3
even with the sun as a weakness, it took JoJo a lot of effort
1 down but it's not over yet
Aug 2, 2016 3:20 PM

Aug 2014
Major props to Stroheim in this chapter.
Feb 7, 2018 2:04 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Between the Stroheim sacrifice and Jojo can stop Santana, and kill him!!!
Well, it was a bad notice, in Europa, there are 3 "Santana" more!!! :/
Sep 6, 2018 2:39 PM

Dec 2015
They got him at the last minuter!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 20, 2018 7:20 PM

May 2016
It might be strange for Stroheim to suddenly talk about what happened to Jonathan 50 years ago that led to Joseph's destiny to fight the evil Pillar Men but it's most likely part of the intel he acquired from Speedwagon when he injected him with something like truth serum when he was detained.

I won't question why the grenade didn't blow up immediately and gave him enough time to make a short speech because his noble death was a tragic blaze of glory. It's funny that Joseph pointed out that Santana didn't have any time to study about the sun because merely looking at it is gonna kill him and appropriately, it did.

Dec 12, 2018 9:42 AM

Feb 2013
There are more monsters like Santana out there!
May 2, 2019 7:13 AM

Feb 2017
"Human greatness is in proudly facing down one's fears."
Oct 28, 2019 12:13 AM

Jun 2016
I’ve said it before but I have to give it to Araki. He makes such creative and fantastical yet sensical powers. The complete control of Santana’s flesh and bone is a step above the control Dio had, it’s to the degree that he can absorb other cells and morph his body and bones however he wants. Further, early we saw him take over the body of the nazi solider. So, for him to show his composed and tenacious self preservation as he dives into Stroheim’s leg made complete logical sense to me. It’s just so awesome.

And more than that, this chapter illustrated Araki’s tendency to make the most bombastic and memorable situations at every turn. Stroheim leaves with the tenacious Santana using his body as cover and he pulls a grenade, accepting that if he will die, he will die in glory and pride to take Santana down. In a huge explosion we have the tears of Joseph as he sees an extreme act of sacrifice and courage, trading words to show that both Joseph and Stroheim have gained respect for one another. But that’s not it. Santana stands in this immaculate page showing that it still is not over, trading blows with Joseph and diving into a well as Joseph grinds his feet on the sides of the well to slow down the fall and not let Santana reach the water, ending with a stone Santana centimetres from it’s safety. ARAKI REALLY WROTE ALL OF THIS RIGHT AFTER CUTTING OFF STROHEIM’S LEG AND THE FOOT-EYE POKE AND HAMON TRICK TO CUT SANTANA IN HALF?! I just have to note how striking everything ends up feeling, it’s partly why Jojo is already evocative to me.

Santana shows that his kind are going to be incredibly difficult to kill, in fact he reminded me of Dio in the way he hung on for dear life here. He definitely left a mark. Yet I do have to question if all of his kind will be like him, he felt subdued and goal-oriented. His composure reminded me of a certain Daigo Umehara. He has great powers. But, I wonder if the others will feel noticeably different!

For the sake of humanity Stroheim has told Joseph the truth, that there are more men like Santana and that he has to train his hamon in Rome. The hamon inside of him from Jonathan is as if it was destiny calling to him, he is the one in his bloodline who has innate hamon, just in time to fight against these men in columns at that. Stroheim is thus the second dying wish that has given Joseph direction creating a bit of a formula, Straizo told him to go to Mexico, and Stroheim told him to go to Rome. In this sense it still feels lacking a distinct direction in the way every step taken felt purposeful towards a tight goal in part 1, but with these remaining men in the world acting as a potential final boss straying away from these ambiguous one-off villains I suppose we may get there soon!

“The greatness of humans is when they face fear with pride” is only rivaled by Joseph’s line, “Jump into the well after considering the rotation of the earth, idiot. Though I guess you don't look at the sun much so you wouldn't know, dumbass!” I adore when Joseph trash talks his foes like this, often ending in some variation of “idiot”.
Nov 24, 2019 6:12 AM
Jul 2018
RIP Stroheim, those were some pretty cool final words I might say.

Joseph defeated Santana... what is up next?
Jul 9, 2020 5:49 AM

Mar 2020
Stroheim, I will always remember you as an honorable man
“Life is a constant process of dying.”
Feb 6, 2021 5:27 PM

Sep 2011
Joseph is a lucky guy, things always work well for him.
Aug 15, 2023 12:24 PM
Community Mod
Equanimity

Nov 2020
Lmao Stroheim was in the beginning the dude who made his servant lick the wound from his cheek and he died so heroically in the end xD

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 2: Battle Tendency Chapter 69 Discussion

TuzoAnime - May 7, 2010

38 by Farm-key »»
Oct 14, 2023 11:27 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 2: Sentou Chuuryuu Chapter 68 Discussion

KashKetchum - Aug 7, 2016

12 by Farm-key »»
Oct 14, 2023 11:15 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 2: Sentou Chuuryuu Chapter 67 Discussion

9 by Farm-key »»
Oct 14, 2023 11:07 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 2: Sentou Chuuryuu Chapter 66 Discussion

11 by Farm-key »»
Oct 14, 2023 11:01 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 2: Sentou Chuuryuu Chapter 64 Discussion

11 by Farm-key »»
Oct 14, 2023 10:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.