Forums
New
May 31, 2016 2:31 PM

Jul 2015
wjdhujqshflkjQNSFKJHqsklfhklqvd
leonstoneJul 26, 2016 1:29 PM
May 31, 2016 2:44 PM

Oct 2014
The dress code at my school was "no cleavage, no beer logos or drug references, and no profanity". Seems logical. I don't know if there was a rule about skirts but there wasn't a uniform and considering how people dressed having a skirt length rule would be about as logical as telling guys how to wear "their ties" (honestly, barely anyone wore skirts). I did see one girl get told off for wearing a push-up bra with a v-neck shirt that clearly showed her cleavage, but I think that's understandable why she shouldn't wear that. There was another girl who wore a shirt that covered about as much as a sports bra would, but that was acceptable under the rules.
May 31, 2016 2:49 PM

Jul 2015
@RedTie seems fair enough , uniforms have their pros and cons anyway i guess

@zombie_pegasus why do you think it's logical, I see cleavages everywhere i look in class and nobody is really bothered by it , and some girls wear some really exposing stuff that literally says look at me , but they still don't get sent home.
does it really bother guys that much when they see girls in revealing clothes ?
leonstoneMay 31, 2016 2:52 PM
May 31, 2016 2:51 PM

Feb 2014
I don't recall having dress code except for PE in middle school and high school.

Oh, there was one in highschool that prohibited spaghetti straps.
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
May 31, 2016 2:58 PM

Oct 2014
@leonstone They weren't sent home for it, they were just told "you're not allowed to dress like that here. Tomorrow come to school in more appropriate clothing". It's not like it's about the guys being distracted by it. She seemed like a bit of a slut just by her behaviour. Girls coming to school in revealing clothing could signify that they're using school as a way to find a partner through lust, which isn't something that should be encouraged. It's less about the guys being distracted by it and more about the girls themselves being distracted by their own clothing and what effect they expect it to have on other people. However, if something has already been established as being socially acceptable then it doesn't have this effect. If a school uniform included a push-up bra the guys in the school would become used to it and the girls wouldn't be affected by it unless they were told that people from elsewhere find this abnormal.
May 31, 2016 3:02 PM

Feb 2016
Most of the public schools in my community:
Elementary Schools - Navy blue pants, light blue shirts with colors and it was pretty strict.
Middle school - Khaki pants, dark green shirts with collars. Also pretty strict.
High School - Khaki pants, white shirts with collars, but pretty lenient. You could customize it however you want as long as it wasn't inappropriate (like cleavage, stomach exposure, anything shorter than a short sleeve, curse words etc.) and you integrated the dress code in your outfit, the teachers didn't care.

Basically all public colleges in my country don't wear uniform lol. Cleavage can be shown and you can basically dress however you like with some exceptions. I don't think they'd let you wear a sports bra around campus if you weren't engaging in any extracurricular activity or anything though.
--------------------------
Women can wear whatever they like. As long as I'm not exposed to nudity, it's all good. I don't really care either way though, I just don't want their own outfit to be an inconvenience to my eyes. Same with men.
ExhalantMay 31, 2016 3:11 PM
May 31, 2016 3:02 PM

May 2016
You saw a girl on your campus wearing just a bra?

I wish I could have gone there. Is there lots of hookers to?
May 31, 2016 3:07 PM

May 2015
lol my school's dress code is pretty logical except they dont condone sagging or even shorts thatre even a little bit short
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
May 31, 2016 3:07 PM

Oct 2014
Sorakaa said:
You saw a girl on your campus wearing just a bra?

A sports bra is acceptable to be worn as a shirt and boyshorts are acceptable to be worn as shorts. This pairing can be common for sports activities as it prevents girls from sweating too much.
May 31, 2016 3:10 PM

May 2016
leonstone said:
@zombie_pegasus I see, I understand your point of view

@Sorakaa
it's not something you see everyday , i only saw this once ,my point is nobody gives girls shit when they wear something revealing
and just because a girl is wearing revealing clothes doesn't mean she's a hooker
Sorakaa said:

yeah I saw your mom , she said hi

Didn't know my mom ever went to India
May 31, 2016 4:03 PM

Jul 2015
Asdfghjkl strict dress codes are so annoying.
I think people should have to wear a top and bottoms, but I define "tops" and "bottoms" very loosely.
But if people want to wear something revealing, then they can't complain about getting stared at.
Also, I don't like inappropriate language on clothing, but take that as u wish
May 31, 2016 4:11 PM

Oct 2014
Dimethylanime said:
I think people should have to wear a top and bottoms, but I define "tops" and "bottoms" very loosely.
But if people want to wear something revealing, then they can't complain about getting stared at.
What do you have against dresses?

There's no bottom, but it still isn't revealing. I don't know how loosely you could possibly define it for this to be considered to have a bottom.
May 31, 2016 4:11 PM

Oct 2014
My high school actually didn't have a strict dress code. There were rules like nothing that goes 3 inches above the knee for girls, tank tops must have a 3 finger wide strap, no cleavage etc. guys no sagging pants (or they'd give you string for a belt and pull up your pants to your mid stomach area) and that's about it from the usual stuff (profanity,drugs,alcohol promotion etc) luckil we didn't have uniforms like the neghboring county
May 31, 2016 4:13 PM

Jul 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
Dimethylanime said:
What do you have against dresses?

There's no bottom, but it still isn't revealing. I don't know how loosely you could possibly define it for this to be considered to have a bottom.
*dresses are acceptable as well, dw*
May 31, 2016 4:15 PM

Sep 2014
not really, but I would rather have a better job with a stricter dress code.
May 31, 2016 4:20 PM

Nov 2014
There were times when the headmaster would briefly tell me off in a friendly manner for wearing flip-flops, but apart from that, as long as you had clothes on, you were fine.
I find uniforms a bit stupid, what's the point? As long as your genitals are covered, you should be fine.
May 31, 2016 5:35 PM

May 2016
My current school's dress code is pretty reasonable, basically don't show too much skin. My private middle school had a uniform which was a white polo shirt, khaki pants and plain black/brown/white shoes. I started dressing goth/alternative around then so I hated the uniforms.

Back from the dead
May 31, 2016 7:54 PM

May 2014
My school's dress code can be summed up as "cover up the essential bits and no inappropriate symbols." Though in my position I'm not told much other than to dress professionally, which I've assumed is simply being clean. Not once have I seen anyone in trouble for their clothes nor any issues caused by them.
May 31, 2016 8:44 PM

Apr 2016
In high school our dress code was strict. No holes in jeans or frays. No facial piercings. No unnatural hair colors. No tank tops, crop tops, tube tops. Girls shorts had to be knee length as well as dresses and skirts worn with tights. No offensive tshirts and "offensive" was determined by the school staff. I got detention for a band tee that had Mary strapped to a time bomb. Tattoos had to be covered. No cleavage. No sagging pants. No open toed shoes.

As an adult I've had dress codes in work that were similar but never so ridiculous. Where I work now I wear scrubs. I don't have to hide my tattoo. I'm supposed to be clean shaven and overall just presentable.
May 31, 2016 11:42 PM

Oct 2015
I don't think my college even has a dress code or if they do it's very minimal, it's nice.

I have gone to some private schools in the past though and they had some really stupid dress codes, one required you to wear a tie all the time, it was stupid. Once I finally got to go to a public high school I loved it.
May 31, 2016 11:55 PM
Jul 2018
I have to wear a very specific company polo shirt and either jeans or black dress pants at work. Pretty standardized lowbrow job shit for me, although most employees who aren't managers have to wear them as well.
Jun 1, 2016 1:04 AM

Sep 2015
There is no dress-code on my campus. I've seen people walking around in bear costumes as well as just a budgie smuggler. One girl I saw (I assume it was a costume for some sort of drama performance) was wearing nothing but the skimpiest one-piece I've ever seen. Australian campuses can be really weird at times.

A pair of eyes appear disguised,
I take flight and stay high in paradise,
With bad luck, snake eyes, a pair of dice.
I'm paralyzed, she speaks twice, a pair of lies,
It's parallel, apparent hell of parasites.
ask for discord server
Jun 1, 2016 1:43 AM

Oct 2015
In primary, the dress code was strict af.

Different uniform for winter & summer, but these still apply:
1. Skirt must be below the knees
2. Shirt must be tucked in at all times
3. No jewelry, holes in stockings (stockings were fucking green), nail polish etc
4. Hair must be tied up (even hair ties have to be in school colours)
They also don't let us wear our school jumpers in public, unless we had our blazer on top...

There were a lot more, but yeah.
Luckily, no dress code in uni.
If you're reading this, then you be should banana the one often to effectively die apples through convergence, autism plus unicorns.
Jun 1, 2016 2:06 AM

Jun 2015
Our dress codes go up to highschool untill we are in uni.

And the dress code in our shoolol is very strict strict. But it the hot weather, it can be pretty tiring.

elementary - dark violet skirts that must be below knees and light cream shirts. Violet tie.
and in idle school and highschool, cream colored top (must wear something under the top as to not show too much. Even bras aren't allowed because the strap will show through, so white underclothes) and pants and a dark violet scarf with the same colored belt and tie.

Shirts must be tucked in at all times, and nails must be cut neatly. Must wear tie neatly. Only black shoes and white socks, nothing else.
Now, Hair must not be untied. Tie hair neatly and tightly. hair ties must be black or white. No nail polish or jewellery. If needed, only a lip balm.

Some of them aren't very reasonable imo. Some things can be excluded.

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
Jun 1, 2016 6:49 AM

Aug 2015
in primary we didn't have a dress code, but in secondary school they started sending people home for things like holes in pants above the knees, shoulders that show, and stuff like that

☁ cyborg robot squirrels ☁
Jun 1, 2016 8:44 AM

Dec 2009
I am required to wear a wab coat sometimes in uni but it doesn't bother me. If I minded I wouldn't study chemistry lol
Jun 1, 2016 9:20 AM

Aug 2012
A whole uniform, with tie, the vest and all that but it doesn't need to be all neat, no need to tuck the shirt or close the vest, I don't even wear the tie. I know a guy who almost got expelled because he had a hair cut that was 'not representing a student' though.
Jun 1, 2016 9:25 AM

Aug 2014
Business casual, occasionally formal. Only reasonable and expected. Fairly comfortable, don't mind. School dress codes are fucking dumb though. Outside of places with dress codes, don't care what people wear. They can wear nothing if so desired, I'd just look/interact with them more or less.
Sieg Zeon!
Jun 1, 2016 10:56 AM

Mar 2014
In my old middle school (it was a Gifted & Talented school, but it was still public), our uniforms consisted of white shirts with the school logo, khaki pants/skirts, and all brown/black shoes. What bothers me is that they would send home students if they wore skinny jeans or anything nearly close to the skin. It would all be female students and there were male students that wore tight pants as well. :P Does it even matter though, it's just pants it doesn't make a difference. When spring came around all the girls were forced to wear skirts or they would get sent home because it was "unnecessary" for them to be wearing pants in that kind of weather. Stuff like the bothers the hell out of me.

Luckily in my high school, as long as it has the logo and matches the school colors and you're wearing all black shoes then it is fine. Actually this year, the board of ed. in my school district changed their uniform policy after everyone decided to wear skirts on a certain day because a boy was sent home when he wore a skirt to school.
Jun 1, 2016 11:13 AM

Jun 2013
Graduated from high school a few months back , we had to wear uniforms.
Us senior school pupils wore beige skirts/trousers if you're female/male, a black striped white short sleeve shirt, a maroon tie and a maroon blazer. And we also wore black school shoes with white socks. Your skirt could never be above your knes.

The dress code was reasonable but I had a few complaints.
1)Our black shoes should not have embroidered designs but due to stock availability, you would not often find your size in the correct shoe model.

2) Speaking of shoe model, I wore black school shoes that are usually worn by guys because I could never find the girls shoes in my size(I have wide and big feet). That got a few complaints from the teachers but hey if I can't find a shoe that fits me in Dubai, what can I do?

3)Girls with hair below their shoulders are required to braid their hair, if its shorter you have to tie it in a pony or pigtails. Basically you couldn't leave your hair out if it was long enough.

4)No nail polish, makeup, hair gel and other cosmetics... it's reasonable.

I never had any major problems with dress code. I don't mind dress codes as long they're not that restrictive. If you're working in a professional field, I honestly think it's clean and smart to wear that part.
Jun 1, 2016 11:27 AM

Apr 2016
My middle school dress code was ridiculous. You weren't allowed to wear makeup, dye your hair, or wear any clothes deemed "inappropriate". My high school is much more lenient, allowing anything that isn't provocative. I don't really mind dress code, but I do like to dye my hair!

Jun 1, 2016 12:04 PM

Jul 2015
I always saw a bunch of the complaining about dress codes by schools that had them lol. Mine didn't personally but I don't really get the big deal never did. The big complaint is "ohhhhhhhhh it takes out out your creativity." lol. If that's all you have to be creative with then maaaaaaaan lol and it's just at school. You can still dress however you want everywhere else.

I always actually thought it would be cool to have uniforms. Might be a bit of the weebo in me but just seemed to me like it'd give a fun vibe and obviously for anime fans i'd think it'd be cool lol. Tell me you wouldn't be okay with having school uniforms like from vampire knight,Rakudai,Irregular etc lol.

Then aside from that personal preference stuff it actually has quite a few benefits. Poorer kids who can't buy nice clothes wouldn't be as different or get picked on as much and there would be less worrying about physical appearance while your there and trying to stand out so you would have to focus more on personality. I just don't see peoples problems with it.
Jun 1, 2016 1:27 PM

Jun 2015
Those girls are overreacting... The dress code is fine with me, I'm happy I don't see crop tops and stuff like that everyday. What annoys me at my school is their reasoning of why the students should change in their gym clothes. They shouldn't at all make a reasoning like this lol
"It disturbs the male teachers" "It bothers the male students" "It annoys me" "It's not professional enough"
It's funny though, everyone overreacts about it these days.

Jun 1, 2016 1:39 PM

Dec 2012
All of the schools I've been to have had dress codes. All are pretty strict, them being private schools and all. You had to follow every last detail or you get a violation that could lead to suspension. ミ(◠︿◠ ;)彡
Jun 2, 2016 12:31 AM

Nov 2015
It makes sense to have a dress code; discipline is one of the main teachings of the school, to have no dress code at all violates that principle. Although, I do think that some schools go overboard with it-- but then it's all the more fun to not wear the belt and try to hide it with your sweater.

As for what the dress code should be, any dress which isn't distracting (the standard uniforms with the exclusion of skirts shorter than knee length) works fine.
Jun 2, 2016 3:01 PM

Apr 2014
Back when I was in school it was kinda strict and not at the same time.
Th teachers would flip their shit if you dared to walk to school with a hoodie over your blazer when it's winter (They actually walked around the nearby villages to catch people, fucking weirdos) but they didn't really bother saying anything if your tie was loose or you didn't have your top button done up.
Jun 2, 2016 3:31 PM

Nov 2009
My high school had a few rules but they were mostly not really enforced.

For starters, skirts couldn't be "too short", I forget the length but I think it has that it had to be below your middle finger if you put your arms down straight. Also no tops that didn't cover your belly button. After that basically obvious things like no masks, must have some type of footwear on (i.e. not barefoot), no gang / offensive messages on clothes (although only saw one dude get caught by this rule wearing some T-shirt with a naked chick on it).

As for college . . . I haven't seen any dress codes in any of the three I have applied for although I am guessing the whole "no shirt, no shoes, no service" rule applies at the very least.
Jun 2, 2016 3:40 PM

Mar 2013
my school doesn't have any, I can turn up wearing track pants and stuff. it's great.
I got to wear all-black for my work though, but they have clothes lying around for everyone.

More topics from this board

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - 1 hour ago

8 by FanofAction »»
6 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

671 by Hitagi__Furude »»
7 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

45 by Crystepsi »»
14 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

19 by Crystepsi »»
16 minutes ago

Poll: » If we eat the mermaid's tail, is it cannibalism or is it fish meat?

Absurdo_N - 5 hours ago

23 by Adnash »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.