Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 31, 2016 9:22 AM

Jan 2012
Pretty every guy out there know that girls take so long to shop. (from clothes to food basically anything)

Why do u think girls take so long shopping? Do u feel bored or annoyed by that?

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 31, 2016 9:25 AM

Nov 2008
It's the real reason I got a driver's license, so I don't have to deal with my shopaholic friends when they are at the mall.

May 31, 2016 9:27 AM

Jan 2016
a sissy can never have enough shoes, humph!
May 31, 2016 9:28 AM

Jun 2013
I buy my shit and get out of the store. I hate it when my sis takes me to shopping with her. For one manga volume I had to endure tours of Forever 21, Marks and Spencers and other shops.
May 31, 2016 9:33 AM
Jan 2013
My mom sure likes to go to the mall and check out stores
The mall is like, the place with the most expensive shit
So she studies the place
She sees what looks nice
And what price they have
And then she goes to another town
And buy similar looking shit
Only that it's not brand
And sells for half to 1/3rd the price
Cause she knows people who goes to the mall sees the clothes
But don't want to spend all that money on a single piece of clothing
And when they see something that looks like it on her store
For much cheaper
They buy it
Das mi mom
Lady who likes to go to shopping malls
And sometimes I'm dragged to go with her
Not much of a problem though
Except when she sees a male clothing store and goes
"OH YOU SHOULD TRY DAT"
Aint no way
hell na
pls
gone bai bai
May 31, 2016 9:45 AM

Jan 2012
@Tomboy lol i feel ur pain , i have been in that situation b4
same here i buy what i want and directly get out of place

@Mkim lol next time just tell her to give u money and then u can buy clothes for yourself whenever u want.

May 31, 2016 9:51 AM
Jan 2013
AllenVonStein said:
@Mkim lol next time just tell her to give u money and then u can buy clothes for yourself whenever u want.
Nah, mi mom got em fashion sense
She does run a clothing store
I'm just a shit son who don't let her pamper me with clother
Cause it's too much work
Even though she like it
gone bai bai
May 31, 2016 10:10 AM

Sep 2009
When I go shopping, I already know what I want. All I need to do is find it and pay for it.

I feel bad for the guys who accompany their girlfriends on long shopping trips. You can see that they are bored out of their minds. It's like the seats at the shoe shop are not only for the ladies to try on the shoes, but more for the poor guys to rest.
May 31, 2016 10:13 AM

Oct 2010
I personally don't take too long shopping. I think the longest I take clothes shopping is about an hour. I literally go into the store like I'm on a mission and try to get in and out as quickly as possible. Grocery shopping for the week takes about 20-30 minutes.
May 31, 2016 10:14 AM

Jun 2013
@AllenVonStein

It's even worse with my mum.

Tomboy wanna check out that dress
mom pls i like shorts
ooh look at that top it would look nice on you
mom we came here to buy underwear
look at this skirt on sale!

2 hours for 3 bras (took me 20 seconds to get them). xDDD
May 31, 2016 10:19 AM
Mar 2015
Because they want to test all of the pretty clothes in the store.after they try it all they are just gonna buy one ~ five then move to the next shop
it pain in the ass especially if you have a sister and mom in the mall..............
May 31, 2016 10:51 AM

Aug 2012
Online shopping for the win boys. Best option for MAL users who only see the outside world from their doorstep.
May 31, 2016 10:58 AM

Sep 2015
Me out shopping with a girl:

*Girl walks up to me and pouts and looks at me with puppy-dog-eyes*
Girl: Snowy... I saw something I liked hehe
Me: Awww
*We smile at each other*
Me: Why don't you fucking buy it then? :3

A pair of eyes appear disguised,
I take flight and stay high in paradise,
With bad luck, snake eyes, a pair of dice.
I'm paralyzed, she speaks twice, a pair of lies,
It's parallel, apparent hell of parasites.
ask for discord server
May 31, 2016 11:20 AM

Aug 2007
Time really slips away when I'm surrounded by things that I really like or I'm interested in, I just want to take my time and see it all. That said, when I'm shopping alone, I try to get in and out as fast as possible (anxiety).
May 31, 2016 11:31 AM

Feb 2014
A couple of my friends bugged me to spend 20 bucks on Forever 21 swimming trunks because we were going to a 1 hr 30 minute Bubble Run.

Literally, I was like I'm not wasting $20 only to use it for an hour and a half. My jeans are fine.

I don't shop for clothes a lot...
Now I see the secret of the making of the best persons.
It is to grow in the open air and to eat and sleep with the earth.
-Walt Whitman

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
-Robert A. Heinlein
May 31, 2016 12:00 PM

May 2013
Well, if I go shopping with my friends, then we definitely go all the way. Big city, huge mall! We usually spend there all day and it's always really fun. If I went alone, I wouldn't nearly spend as much time there.
May 31, 2016 12:03 PM

Jul 2015
The other day I realized I actually miss it. I want to be dragged in every shop in town and give my opinion on outfits :c.
May 31, 2016 12:03 PM

Apr 2016
I'm pretty patient so i can bear such things. There are many things you can do to pass the time. Sometimes i just talk to the person i'm with and other times I look at other people in the store.

You could always just separate from them for a bit to go look at products you like too.

I'd say out of the 3 choices i normally just look at other people.
May 31, 2016 12:29 PM

Oct 2014
I honestly love going to the mall with my cousin and spending a good 3 or 4 hours there buying Asian junk food and mainly just looking at shit. Girls aren't the only ones who like shopping.
May 31, 2016 12:46 PM

Feb 2013
I only take long shopping If its a manga store

May 31, 2016 12:53 PM
Oct 2014
I remember back in HS, a girl in my class always insisted on me following her do buy cloths, or some other stupid shit. She took forever on her, it was like looking at paint when it was drying.

May 31, 2016 12:54 PM

Oct 2015
Apparently to team its like the steam sale for the average pc gamer, they will buy them for cheap and hardly use them.
May 31, 2016 12:57 PM

Sep 2012
Ima no fuss manly man. When I shop I literally sprint inside of the store. I make a detailed schematic of the floor plan of the store so that I know exactly where to go to find what I'm buying. I don't even look at what I'm buying. I don't try it on. I literally run with my eyes closed cause I'm a no nonsense no frills no fuss man
May 31, 2016 1:02 PM

Jan 2012
zombie_pegasus said:
Girls aren't the only ones who like shopping.

It's not about shopping , it's about taking too much time , that's pretty known that women like To shop more than men.

May 31, 2016 1:13 PM

Jun 2015
I'm a girl, and I'm always annoyed when it comes shopping with people cause it takes so long xD
The only times I take time to shop is with video games and manga lol
Cherry_BMay 31, 2016 1:19 PM

May 31, 2016 1:45 PM

Jul 2015
AllenVonStein said:
Why do u think girls take so long shopping?

Because it's fun (for some girls), duh. The more I can prolong those blissful moments, the better.
And if u feel bored, no one forced u to come shopping with me😋🤑😴💅🏻👅👠💦💸💎
May 31, 2016 1:50 PM

Sep 2007
Protip: girls aren't shopping. They are really checking out guys.

May 31, 2016 2:14 PM

May 2013
Well, if I took the time to go to the mall then why wouldn't I want to make sure I actually look through the whole mall? Make the trip worth it yaknow. It doesn't matter if I already bought the thing I went there for, I'll still walk around the place.

Food is a different situation. I take long because I want to decide if I should get more junk food.
May 31, 2016 2:20 PM

Apr 2016
That's why I prefer shopping alone or just with a friend, because I'm aware that I can take forever looking around and choosing something.

𝒮𝒾𝓁𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒮𝓀𝒾𝑒𝓈
𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚎
𝚎𝚢𝚎𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚛𝚎
𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗' 𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚋𝚕𝚞𝚎

May 31, 2016 2:32 PM

Feb 2016
I already know what I want to buy before entering the store (especially grocery stores), so I buy it and gtfo. But having to choose which junk food/snack to get at the gas station can be a difficult task at times lol.

If it's a mall however, and I plan on getting clothes or shoes, that'd be a different situation. I don't know exactly what clothes, brand, style and size I'd like to buy so I might take a bit longer roaming around and looking for what I think is perfect. But most of the time, I'd rather shop for clothes online.

Mean Girls ^ the best movie.
May 31, 2016 3:03 PM
Jan 2013
If it's clothes shopping, I usually go in knowing whether I want a dress or skirts or whatever but have no idea what I'll find that's my style, size, and is flattering. I try to look up online what clothes are being sold that I like in advance, but I'm gonna have to search the whole store anyway trying to find it so why bother?

Then I finally find a few outfits I like and have to hope that there's a changing room available or I'll have to wait for god knows how long for that bitch that snuck in ten items when there's a 6 item limit, and HOPEFULLY at least one thing will look good on me or I'll have to try the next store.
May 31, 2016 3:40 PM
Jul 2018
I'm a girl, I like shopping, and everything needs to be just right, female sizing is actually extremely complicated because no size is fucking standardized honestly, that's why so many of us take so long. You can be a size 2 in one brand and a 6 in another, there's no consistency.

That being said, I hardly shop like I used to anymore because I've collected a ton of clothes over the years, I own and can still fit into stuff I bought in middle school. Need to clean out my closet, too lazy to do it currently.
May 31, 2016 3:50 PM

Apr 2015
Beauty standards are super high, especially for girls, and they're expected to dress really well, so that has to with it sometimes.

Girls' clothes are typically a lot more diverse than guys', they have a lot more to choose from so it takes longer.

Women's clothing sizes are inconsistent af, so it makes it really hard to find clothes that fit.

And then a lot of girls just enjoy shopping and take a long time doing it.
May 31, 2016 4:16 PM

Sep 2014
if i was with a kawaii girl, i wouldnt mind. but my mom, i would mind.
May 31, 2016 4:35 PM

Dec 2015
Shopping is so extensive and surprisingly, is quite tiring. Walking around in a mall for 3-4 hours is a huge pain. That's why I usually shop online, but if there's something like shoes or makeup that I need, I just go and buy it in-store.
May 31, 2016 7:56 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
But how will I know if I want to buy the manga if I don't sit there and read the whole thing plus the sequel?!?!
No but actually for me, I try to get everything I need and go. I do start to price everything-- like seriously, you'll find me in an aisle calculating everything, going through my wallet o see if I have enough, then weighing options like "generic brand or this?" or "do I really need this? Ahhh uhmmm maybe next time/I'll buy it with mom.;;"
With clothes, I just buy like XL/XXL and call it a day so I know I'll be able to fit at least instead of aeeing if this brand or that brand's medium or large fits since it's always diffrent; so everything I wear is super loose-- very comfy. Because of tat though, people thought I was anorexic for a while, using big clothes to disguise my emaciated body??

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Jun 1, 2016 4:14 AM

Dec 2013
AllenVonStein said:
Pretty every guy out there know that girls take so long to shop. (from clothes to food basically anything)

Why do u think girls take so long shopping? Do u feel bored or annoyed by that?

why even care? As if it's gonna ever concern anyone on MAL

Jun 1, 2016 7:01 AM

Apr 2016
I'm a girl and I hate shopping, so it doesn't take very long for my to shop, but I know some girls who LOVE shopping. They take long because they like to socialize or came without a super clear idea of what they want to buy, so they have to peruse through every single thing there.

Jun 1, 2016 7:17 AM

Apr 2016
i could never understand my mom. if i was shopping for books, she always nags me about how long i'm taking even though it's been 5 minutes since we got there. but when i pointed out we've been at a shoe store for 3 hours and she's still eyeing at the same damn shoe, no money allowance for me.
Jun 1, 2016 8:00 AM

Apr 2014
I feel like there is a lot more variety of women's clothes at the shops, so I think there's just more nice clothes to decide on which takes time. My dad though takes the longest out of everyone in my family to shop.
Jun 1, 2016 10:10 AM

Jan 2012
Mefke said:

And buying close cute figures alone feels less embarrassing I guess

lol most animu/games fans buy those things from net.

Jun 1, 2016 10:19 AM

Feb 2014
we take so long because we can't decide what to buy :L
but i look online for what i want and then go inside to buy it and leave asap...but i prefer online shopping anyway
Jun 1, 2016 10:22 AM
Oct 2014
Old but gold, the truth never gets too old

Jun 1, 2016 12:38 PM

Dec 2008
Dragongirl002 said:
I'm a girl, and I'm always annoyed when it comes shopping with people cause it takes so long xD
The only times I take time to shop is with video games and manga lol

Lolol so much this.
I HATE going shopping just for the 'fun of it'.
If I'm going to go shopping, it's because there is something I know I want and need that I am going to buy.

The sentence "Let's go to the mall!" is probably one of my least favorite sentences. I have girlfriends who absolutely adore spending time in stores and window shopping! WINDOW SHOPPING! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!

I'd rather be doing something actually productive than staring at clothes with no intention of buying them. I don't know how some people do it. My mom absolutely adores shopping and tries to go at least 5x a week even if its just window shopping.

It's insane ;___;
But when it comes to video games or comic books/manga, I could probably stay in the store for hours, haha!
Jun 2, 2016 8:24 AM

Jun 2010
well I can spend lots of time shopping for stuff like stationery, food, dishes, skincare, homeware, misc things (even without buying anyting). I find it relaxing, I get to look at pretty stuff, and if grocery shopping I can compare prices or whatever. The process itself is fun.

When it comes to clothes and so on, however, I like the End result much more than the process. “I want X thing. I don’t want to walk around, trying stuff on, so tiresome.” And footwear is The single most annoying thing to shop for, lol. I wish shoes would just materialize out of thin air in your correct size XD
Jun 2, 2016 8:30 AM

Nov 2015
Tomboy said:
I buy my shit and get out of the store. I hate it when my sis takes me to shopping with her. For one manga volume I had to endure tours of Forever 21, Marks and Spencers and other shops.

Gee whiz!
That's why I never fall for that "don't you wanna buy something too?" crap..
DawningFog said:
Yay, another gender-stereotyping thread!

Die PC scum!!!!
Jun 2, 2016 8:39 AM

Jun 2013
@Gesu- I'm proud of the fact that on a trip to America that I didn't get tempted while shopping at Target. Got my shit and ran away!
Jun 2, 2016 8:43 AM

Nov 2015
Tomboy said:
@Gesu- I'm proud of the fact that on a trip to America that I didn't get tempted while shopping at Target. Got my shit and ran away!

wtf?
Tartget's just a discount retail store though..
Jun 2, 2016 8:48 AM

Jun 2013
Gesu- said:
Tomboy said:

wtf?

I got really scared when people narrate scary stories of being sucked into temptation by buying unnecessary shit at Target. I wanted to test that theory for myself.

Went in.Came out really fast. (sounds perverted I know)
Jun 2, 2016 8:53 AM

Nov 2015
Tomboy said:
Gesu- said:

wtf?

I got really scared when people narrate scary stories of being sucked into temptation by buying unnecessary shit at Target. I wanted to test that theory for myself.

Went in.Came out really fast. (sounds perverted I know)

Good for you..

Now try that with A&F and Hot Topic and I'll have your rank and stats increased..
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What hobbies, skills, or common views do you wish a significant other had?

IpreferEcchi - 7 hours ago

8 by traed »»
37 minutes ago

» what is "love" to you ? what makes you feel loved and how you love people ?

ame - Today

12 by LoveYourEyes »»
37 minutes ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - Yesterday

14 by Kikugi »»
38 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - 11 hours ago

25 by Kikugi »»
41 minutes ago

» What do you think about tourism in your country?

Sad - 1 hour ago

2 by Sad »»
46 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.