Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 30, 2016 1:13 AM
Feb 2016
General discussion thread about triggers, all questions, theories, speculations, and other related about it.
I've created this topic/thread to avoid getting mixed up with other discussions like early manga spoiler and chapter discussion.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 30, 2016 1:28 AM
Feb 2016
Ok guys, here's my first topic:
After showcasing their new skills and trigger set, their next opponent will surely think new ways to counter T-2's upgrade. I think these Triggers will be useful to Mikumo Unit if they will use it for the next round.
Yuma
> teleporter - even though his mobility is very high in stats and being praised by Izumi during round 5 rank battle, I think using this trigger will boost more his unpredictability in maneuvering. He can combine this with grasshopper and also with Osamu's spider.
>
Osamu
> Viper - after getting used to Asteroid, I think the next step for him is to use this trigger with Izumi's guidance. This is helpful to Osamu for more complex and cunning attacks.
> Switchbox - We don't know yet if this trigger consumes a lot of trion but assuming that this requires an average trion then this is very useful for supporting Chika and Yuma, though he can only use it in a certain situations so he can conserve his small trion reserve. The other problem is, He needs someone to teach him how to use this trigger or he needs to research about this one.

Chika
> Chameleon - In the anime, Chika used this trigger and since Chika have large amount of trion, She can use this without worrying about trion loss. I think she can use it for the last resort...like when the situation is more on cat and mouse game.
-jdj888-May 30, 2016 1:31 AM
May 30, 2016 1:33 AM
Sep 2015
I think there will be no change for the next match. But if anything I'd love to see the custom triggers that T-2 will get. Will they get special ones like T-1 or just prototypes from HQ. I think Chika can use some special triggers without worrying about time limit (unlike Reiji and Torimaru) So I'd love for her to get an epic trigger like Full Arms or Geist.

Custom shooter triggers for Hyuse and Chameleon and custom spider for osamu.
May 30, 2016 1:35 AM

Nov 2013
Idaten might be more useful to Yuma than Teleporter.

Chika with Teleporter and Chameleon would be pretty cool though. Imagine her blasting off an entire area, then she goes invisible and takes cover, then activates Bagworm and teleports away. Rinse and repeat.
May 30, 2016 1:45 AM
Sep 2015
Botato said:

Chika with Teleporter and Chameleon would be pretty cool though. Imagine her blasting off an entire area, then she goes invisible and takes cover, then activates Bagworm and teleports away. Rinse and repeat.

Teleporter was said to teleport only for short distances right? Like Arashiyama only teleported a short distance, and then Toma estimated during another instance that he'd teleport like 10-12m away from the direction in which he was looking. What would be more useful for her is a switchbox lol. Bagworm+Ibis. Shoot.. teleport randomly. Shoot and teleport randomly. But this requires a trapper.. bad luck :p
May 30, 2016 1:53 AM
Jul 2015
@-jdj888- Don't forget "Hyuse" for next round... So that's probably going to be the "focus". Also they will "practice" more with what they already have...
Also make "new strategies" that works for 4 of them...

@Botato, what's Idaten?
May 30, 2016 1:56 AM
Sep 2015
Commentator1 said:
@-jdj888- Don't forget "Hyuse" for next round... So that's probably going to be the "focus". Also they will "practice" more with what they already have...
Also make "new strategies" that works for 4 of them...

@Botato, what's Idaten?

Idaten is a prototype trigger that Futaba uses.. the skanda move that she uses.

@Botato Actually, to date I had assumed that Idaten was some kinda kogetsu exclusive.. but it's just one that gives you the ability to execute high speed slashes.
Matchmaker_May 30, 2016 2:02 AM
May 30, 2016 1:58 AM
Feb 2016
Matchmaker_ said:
I think there will be no change for the next match. But if anything I'd love to see the custom triggers that T-2 will get. Will they get special ones like T-1 or just prototypes from HQ. I think Chika can use some special triggers without worrying about time limit (unlike Reiji and Torimaru) So I'd love for her to get an epic trigger like Full Arms or Geist.

Custom shooter triggers for Hyuse and Chameleon and custom spider for osamu.
I planned to include some customized trigger like modified lead bullet for Chika (similar to Miwa) but I decided to focus on common triggers that only available for B-ranks ;)
In my opinion, I think it will be good for them to include new triggers that will be useful against B-rank top tiers. Spider won't work if you're opponents will be the likes of Ninomiya, Ema, and Azuma. I think it's good for them to used similar pattern in the next round which is taking them by surprise with the use of new triggers that is still unknown to them. After this fight, They already have information about Chika's lead bullet, Osamu's spider, and Yuma's perfect form of whip scorpion..
May 30, 2016 2:01 AM
Jul 2015
Okay, so i think what Osamu's going to end up "inventing" (kind of in the long run), is... like a "Compressed Trion Tank"...
Like when you scuba dive, you have an "Compressed Air Tank" right? So what if you had a "Compressed Trion Tank" (on your back or something)... Then connected to it with a line, to a "gun"... And the gun shoots with the trion from the tank....

Where does Border get all their trion anyway? I believe their "walls" and stuff were made out of trion (Chika blast)... And probably going away ships etc;, Maybe possible someone weak to use "packaged trion"?...

That would bring about an "evolution" to the whole trigger thing... Better technology will beat people with more "natural talent"....

This is coming from Japanese historical martial arts manga's/ animes... Everyone's using swords, weapons and tools; then all of a sudden someone with a gun comes out and changes everything...

Is this possible?
May 30, 2016 2:05 AM
Jul 2015
Matchmaker_ said:
Idaten is a prototype trigger that Futaba uses.. the skanda move that she uses.

Okay yeah, it seems like a "viper" to "asteroid", Idaten to any "slash". Pre-determine how you gona slash, then auto-move (can't change directions in the middle)
Though, the name sounds like something you eat...
May 30, 2016 2:05 AM
Feb 2016
Botato said:

Yup, that's a good suggestion :) I only put one option for Chika because her trigger set have only 1 free slot... but I think It's cool if she will include it in her "waiting to insert" trigger.
May 30, 2016 2:06 AM
Sep 2015
Commentator1 said:
Okay, so i think what Osamu's going to end up "inventing" (kind of in the long run), is... like a "Compressed Trion Tank"...
Like when you scuba dive, you have an "Compressed Air Tank" right? So what if you had a "Compressed Trion Tank" (on your back or something)... Then connected to it with a line, to a "gun"... And the gun shoots with the trion from the tank....

Where does Border get all their trion anyway? I believe their "walls" and stuff were made out of trion (Chika blast)... And probably going away ships etc;, Maybe possible someone weak to use "packaged trion"?...

That would bring about an "evolution" to the whole trigger thing... Better technology will beat people with more "natural talent"....

This is coming from Japanese historical martial arts manga's/ animes... Everyone's using swords, weapons and tools; then all of a sudden someone with a gun comes out and changes everything...

Is this possible?

I believe that this manga is a weak to strong MC type manga. we all know osamu is smart and is a hard worker.. so imo he would become stronger through sheer hard work. there is scope for technological developments and we've been told this in the manga (r&d about horns and neighbour technology, t-2 building new triggers etc) but that won't substitute hard work.. let's not forget that this is still a shonen manga.

-jdj888- said:
Botato said:

Yup, that's a good suggestion :) I only put one option for Chika because her trigger set have only 1 slot... but I think It's cool if she will include it in her "waiting to insert" trigger.

We are to assume that Chika substituted her Egret for the Hound right?
May 30, 2016 2:19 AM
Feb 2016
Matchmaker_ said:
Commentator1 said:

Is this possible?

I believe that this manga is a weak to strong MC type manga. we all know osamu is smart and is a hard worker.. so imo he would become stronger through sheer hard work. there is scope for technological developments and we've been told this in the manga (r&d about horns and neighbour technology, t-2 building new triggers etc) but that won't substitute hard work.. let's not forget that this is still a shonen manga.

-jdj888- said:
Yup, that's a good suggestion :) I only put one option for Chika because her trigger set have only 1 slot... but I think It's cool if she will include it in her "waiting to insert" trigger.

We are to assume that Chika substituted her Egret for the Hound right?
Oh..I just check and you're right lol sorry about that ;)
May 30, 2016 2:25 AM
Feb 2016
Commentator1 said:
If you want a new customized trigger for Osamu that will solve his trion deficiency, why not a trigger like Hairein that can collect trion from his sorroundings XD .....but it will be farfetched and it will not happen though :p
May 30, 2016 2:29 AM
Sep 2015
-jdj888- said:
Commentator1 said:
If you want a new customized trigger for Osamu that will solve his trion deficiency, why not a trigger like Hairein that can collect trion from his sorroundings XD .....but it will be farfetched and it will not happen though :p

Yeah.. that'd look like plot armor for our weak MC. Alektor is too OP
May 30, 2016 3:23 PM
Jul 2015
-jdj888- said:

I don't know... I don't want Osamu to become to a level he's above average, or even average...
I like him being weak, and having "low trion" and all that...
But at the same time, i want Osamu to be able to "do stuff".... Right now he's kind of useless....
He can't beat an enemy that is "stronger" than him....
Maybe divide his "weak a$$ asteroid" into a hundred different "small" needles? And use the "piercing" power to defeat the enemy xD lol. Something that he can use his "brain power", and be "useful"...

I like "overcoming weakness", but as it is Osamu's just weak.... lol. the "overcoming" parts not really there. xd
May 30, 2016 5:07 PM
Feb 2016
Commentator1 said:
I don't know... I don't want Osamu to become to a level he's above average, or even average...
I like him being weak, and having "low trion" and all that...
But at the same time, i want Osamu to be able to "do stuff".... Right now he's kind of useless....
He can't beat an enemy that is "stronger" than him....
Maybe divide his "weak a$$ asteroid" into a hundred different "small" needles? And use the "piercing" power to defeat the enemy xD lol. Something that he can use his "brain power", and be "useful"...

I like "overcoming weakness", but as it is Osamu's just weak.... lol. the "overcoming" parts not really there. xd
We know that Osamu will achieve that at a certain point...but what he needs right now is more experience in rank battles (also with Chika). All he needs to do to compentsate for his small trion reserve is to use his brain all the time and think outside the box when using his triggers. :) that will be his trump card against over-powered foes.
Edit: oh... I forgot about teamwork. A Solid teamwork!
-jdj888-May 30, 2016 5:32 PM
May 30, 2016 6:51 PM
May 2016
-jdj888- said:
> Switchbox - We don't know yet if this trigger consumes a lot of trion but assuming that this requires an average trion then this is very useful for supporting Chika and Yuma, though he can only use it in a certain situations so he can conserve his small trion reserve. The other problem is, He needs someone to teach him how to use this trigger or he needs to research about this one.
Switchbox is a trigger exclusive to trappers and they need laptop(?) to use it.
the_foolsMay 30, 2016 6:55 PM
May 30, 2016 7:30 PM
Feb 2016
the_fools said:
-jdj888- said:
Switchbox is a trigger exclusive to trappers and they need laptop(?) to use it.
I think he can use switchbox if he will choose to be an all-rounder ( shooter,attacker,and trapper) but We don't know yet if how much exclusive it is if the user is not a 100% trapper like Mai and Fuyushima.
May 30, 2016 9:30 PM
Jul 2015
-jdj888- said:
I think he can use switchbox if he will choose to be an all-rounder ( shooter,attacker,and trapper) but We don't know yet if how much exclusive it is if the user is not a 100% trapper like Mai and Fuyushima.

Are we talking about Osamu here?
I don't think Chika's the type to do "traps"...
Can Osamu have enough trion?....

See this is exactly what I'm talking about... If Osamu could do everything just "okay"; then fight against monsters like Chika, who have huge trion, then using "brain power" makes sense.

But if Osamu's trion level is so weak, that he can't even use triggers... Than there's no "option"'s for Osamu you know?
I mean he can use triggers... but... you know what i mean? It's not that hard to shield against his weak a$$ asteroids.... As long as you shield, then you won't die...

I hope Osamu uses this laptop or something that others cant... fast...
May 30, 2016 11:27 PM

Nov 2013
Commentator1 said:
As long as you shield, then you won't die...
Which means despite his weak Trion he can still force people to Shield, dividing their attention as well as forcing them to use one of the two Trigger slots, making Yuma's job easier.

It doesn't matter if his Trion is weak or not, as long as he has enough to activate a Trigger then he's a threat.

He doesn't need to use something special no one else is using.
May 31, 2016 12:37 AM
Feb 2016
Commentator1 said:
-jdj888- said:

Are we talking about Osamu here?
I don't think Chika's the type to do "traps"...
Can Osamu have enough trion?....

See this is exactly what I'm talking about... If Osamu could do everything just "okay"; then fight against monsters like Chika, who have huge trion, then using "brain power" makes sense.

But if Osamu's trion level is so weak, that he can't even use triggers... Than there's no "option"'s for Osamu you know?
I mean he can use triggers... but... you know what i mean? It's not that hard to shield against his weak a$$ asteroids.... As long as you shield, then you won't die...

I hope Osamu uses this laptop or something that others cant... fast...
"He" so we're talking about Osamu. As @Botato said, if he can activate it then he will become a threat. Having a small amount of trion is not a problem if Osamu can used it wisely. He just need a good strategy to use it > timing and precision.
May 31, 2016 1:47 AM
Jul 2015
Hyuse trigger's probably will be:
Main: Asteroid, Hound, Viper, Meteora
Sub: BagWorm, Shield, Chameleon, Spider?

Nothing out of the ordinary. But at the same time, just "Super Fire Power"... I mean, i don't need Hyuse to be running, jumping around like Yuma (grass-hoper). But we need him to be shooting everyone, and making everyone using "shields" to defend against him, and just "on their toes"? Also Meteora makes sense for him?
Maybe he can do that Viper + Meteora thing? What was that?
What do you think "other possibilitiies" for his choices are? Altho his trigger is not BT... He probably can't use it in Rank Wars, since regular Border agents don't have that "option" yet. I imagine Tamakoma learning the technology, and introducing it to at least the "Tamakoma" agents... to use and have xD (let's not give HQ... xD )

Osamu, so far:
Main: Raygust, Asteroid, free, free
Sub: Bag Worm, Spider, Shield, free
Is this about right? The next thing is, i guess, he can try Viper. What else triggers can he learn in the "short run"? Like with becoming A-rank and all... a "new weapon"?... Did Osamu still have Kogetsu? I mean, he never uses it anymore. Maybe switched with Asteroid?

Yuma, so far:
Main: Scorpion, free, free, free
Sub: Grasshopper, Shield, Bag Worm, free
That's it?... Man Yuma needs some new triggers...
Chika, so far:
Main: Ibis, Lightning, Hound, free
Sub: Bag Worm, Lead bullet, free, free
She probably will learn "Chameleon"? Before going on the "Away Missions". Probably for the "Selection Test".
What else, does she need? What else can she have?...
Tho, personally i don't think Chameleon really suits her... I mean even if you use Chameleon, everyone will see you on the radar; so a gunner/ shooter type can just pumel you... Chika, as a sniper, is supposed to stay "hidden" and "far away" (like Asuma), from everyone. If Chika's close enough to the enemy to use "chameleon" to hide... then that's not good... for her... It's too "close" and dangerous.
Commentator1May 31, 2016 1:53 AM
May 31, 2016 2:15 AM
Sep 2015
Osamu could use hound to increase his chance to damage the enemy. Delay bullet hound, delay spider, Osamu MiKUMO will live up with his name lol.
Kuga with meteor like his mentor, spider for buff his agility or teleport surprise backstab, chameleon for surprise attack.
Chika with tele is good, but it must be within 10 met, I don't know her trion can increase the maximum range or not. Escudo could be good too. Or Raygust with thruster if remove one weapon, for running or send the attackers fly like her mentor.
Still don't know how Hyuse fight so later.
May 31, 2016 2:48 AM

Nov 2013
Hound and Asteroid feel like a waste of space on Hyuse's Trigger set. Usually those who go for Hound are people that can't use Viper pretty well, the only who has both Hound and Viper is Izumi iirc. Asteroid doesn't have any special properties so it's stronger than the other bullet types in terms of power, but considering Hyuse's Trion level that small power boost shouldn't really justify using up a Trigger slot.

Commentator1 said:
Osamu, so far:
Is this about right? The next thing is, i guess, he can try Viper. What else triggers can he learn in the "short run"? Like with becoming A-rank and all... a "new weapon"?... Did Osamu still have Kogetsu? I mean, he never uses it anymore. Maybe switched with Asteroid?

Yuma, so far:
Chika, so far:
She probably will learn "Chameleon"? Before going on the "Away Missions". Probably for the "Selection Test".
Tho, personally i don't think Chameleon really suits her... I mean even if you use Chameleon, everyone will see you on the radar; so a gunner/ shooter type can just pumel you... Chika, as a sniper, is supposed to stay "hidden" and "far away" (like Asuma), from everyone. If Chika's close enough to the enemy to use "chameleon" to hide... then that's not good... for her... It's too "close" and dangerous.
Osamu never had Kogetsu to begin with.

And you got their Trigger sets all wrong:

May 31, 2016 3:03 AM
May 2016
Commentator1 said:
Hyuse trigger's probably will be:
Main: Asteroid, Hound, Viper, Meteora
Sub: BagWorm, Shield, Chameleon, Spider?

Nothing out of the ordinary. But at the same time, just "Super Fire Power"... I mean, i don't need Hyuse to be running, jumping around like Yuma (grass-hoper). But we need him to be shooting everyone, and making everyone using "shields" to defend against him, and just "on their toes"? Also Meteora makes sense for him?
Maybe he can do that Viper + Meteora thing? What was that?
What do you think "other possibilitiies" for his choices are? Altho his trigger is not BT... He probably can't use it in Rank Wars, since regular Border agents don't have that "option" yet. I imagine Tamakoma learning the technology, and introducing it to at least the "Tamakoma" agents... to use and have xD (let's not give HQ... xD )

Osamu, so far:

Yuma, so far:
Chika, so far:
Osamu's Trigger (According to BBF, before the Galopoula's invasion) :
Main:
Raygust
Thruster
Free
Spider

Sub:
Asteroid
Free
Shield
Bagworm

Yuuma:
Main:
Scorpion
Grasshopper
Shield
Free

Sub:
Scorpion
Grasshopper
Shield
Bagworm

Chika:
Main:
Ibis
Egret
Shield
Lightning

Sub:
Bagworm
Free
Shield
Lead Bullet

She probably change egret to hound.

I also like the idea of viper for Osamu. He can also use hound for diversion not as point getter because his hound is weak. Maybe he can use starmaker/chameleon/teleporter.

For Yuuma maybe chameleon.

For Chika, teleporter.
the_foolsMay 31, 2016 4:06 AM
May 31, 2016 3:08 AM
May 2016
dat_le_tat said:
Chika with tele is good, but it must be within 10 met, I don't know her trion can increase the maximum range or not.
Teleporter long distance is over 30 meters.
May 31, 2016 5:39 AM
Jul 2015
Botato said:
Hound and Asteroid feel like a waste of space on Hyuse's Trigger set. Usually those who go for Hound are people that can't use Viper pretty well, the only who has both Hound and Viper is Izumi iirc. Asteroid doesn't have any special properties so it's stronger than the other bullet types in terms of power, but considering Hyuse's Trion level that small power boost shouldn't really justify using up a Trigger slot.

Hound, Asteroid, Viper all have their own strengths tho... Like against someone who's very agile, like Yuma, if in a bigger empty space, Hound would be a better option.
Like you can control Viper, but at the same time... You have to "control" it... That i assume takes time, and concentration?
Hound will like just "chase" your enemy? So, like, against Hound, there's no "reading" it. You have to "block it" somehow, or else it's coming your way. With Viper, one "could" calculate where they would shoot, and just dodge. (Thought with Hyuse, and the number of bullets, that's unlikely. I'm just stating the ups and downs of Viper and Hound...)
With Asteroid, you have more "fire power"... It says so xd
Also, with Asteroid, in some sense, you could get better control than Viper? like with Viper, you can change the "trajectory" once the bullets are fired. But with like Asteroid...
I don't know. I mean, why do you think Nino and Izumi still have Asteroid? I mean aren't they good with Viper also?
With all of them, you have more "options". And you can "mix" them up, to attack and have various options.
Like with Viper, you use it against "fleeing enemies" (running away), mostly for snipers.
Hound, you use with "mid range" shooters/ gunners, when they are running away, but in a closer range. You just want to "let loose" some bullets.. then Hound.
Asteroid, in "closer" range to "mid" range; mostly use as a "finishing shot. Like you trap your enemy, or whatever, and you have them "where you want them". Either like Teruya in air, or in a "corner", or shielding from the other side... You just need straight power shot, Asteroid, boom boom boom...

Botato said:

Well, in C-rank trigger... But well, that was a training trigger...
Botato said:
And you got their Trigger sets all wrong:

Lol... I mean i forgot the Osamu "Thruster", it basically can only be used with Raygust and all. Kind of makes you think it's "part" of Raygust, if you don't pay close enough attention sometimes...
Then Yuma have those 3 triggers, I mentioned on both sides... What a waste... Didn't know that... I thought you could use 1 scorpion for example, to fight in both hands... Cuase you can "change it's shape", and also "make it come out" from different parts of your body. So even if it's coming out from both your hands, it's connected "inside your body". You know what i mean? Also why does he need 2 grasshoppers... Can't 1 just do...

Yes, Yes, the author said so, so i won't argue on it... But, if you never saw those pages, my imagination on the triggers is not that far offf... I mean don't say "all wrong"... Just a little mistake, on "which chip" in the trigger (8 slots), the triggers are stored...
And also some numbers.. Like Chika have 2 shields?... She should just learn to stretch 1 over her whole body 360 degrees.... I mean, what all her trion for? Just for show?... xD
May 31, 2016 5:46 AM
Jul 2015
dat_le_tat said:
Kuga with meteor like his mentor, spider for buff his agility or teleport surprise backstab, chameleon for surprise attack.
Chika with tele is good

I don't see Kuga getting "teleport"... It sounds like such a waste, you know? I mean Kuga's so "fast", and also "grass-hoper", Tele feels like, should be used for "slow" people... Or rather it feels like it might make Yuma slower? Does that make sense?
Like Yuma's the type of fighter that depends on "reflexes" and "intuition", the feeling of "touch" and "feeling of "sense" to the surrounding environment, you know? I think the moment he teleports, he would lose all that; and when he comes out, he would need to adjust to the "new environment", like "oh the enemy's" over in that direction, in that distance... Kind of get the "feel" of the situation... I think that "adjusting time" could almost take away from Kuga's speed.
But maybe not... We'll see.

Tho Chika tele sounds good.

And Osamu probably Viper. Tho, Hound? Isn't Hound supposed to be even "shorter distance"/ "less speed"? Or is that just for Lead bullet snipers, like Chika?
Just Hound feels like, "a lot of trion expenditure". And i don't think Osamu can handles it...
Just some "weak a$$ Viper"... like his usual self sounds about right... lol xD
Commentator1May 31, 2016 6:03 AM
May 31, 2016 5:48 AM
Aug 2015
Commentator1 said:

Botato said:

Well, in C-rank trigger... But well, that was a training trigger...

Lol...He used Raygust (or a trigger that ressembles raygust), never had Kogetsu
May 31, 2016 5:55 AM

Nov 2013
Nino doesn't have Viper. Izumi is good with it yes, but they still use Asteroid for its power. But like I said with Hyuse I think he may not need it, and tbh I'd like to see him use other Triggers instead.
About Hound vs. Viper, to add, Viper can make really sharp turns unlike Hound, so while Hound does track people it's possible for people with high mobility to avoid Hound (Yuma dodged Nino's Hound in round 4).

Again even when he was C-Rank Osamu only had Raygust. He never touched Kogetsu.

Having duplicates isn't a waste. Scorpion can be pulled out from any place but the more you extend it the less durable it becomes. So having 2 Scorpions helps, especially when you're already using one and extended it far enough across your body and need to do an emergency block (Yuma in round 4 blocked from his head). Grasshopper is so he can use it faster I guess, each panel is good for one use only, so if he wanted to do Pinball or any complicated moves like that it would be faster to set up with two Grasshoppers. Also to make sure he can always use it even if has Scorpion up (if he has the Scorpion on the same side activated then he wouldn't be able to use Grasshopper), sometimes he loses an arm so he is forced to hold Scorpion with the one that remained, if it's also the one that has Grasshopper then he is screwed, but if he has it on both sides then all is good.

2 Shields are generally recommended because combining them gives you "full guard" which is obviously stronger, though you have a point that Chika doesn't really need it. At least not in a Rank Wars setting; once they get to Aftokrator she might really need it.

Commentator1 said:
And Osamu probably Viper. Tho, Hound? Isn't Hound supposed to be even "shorter distance"/ "less speed"? Or is that just for Lead bullet snipers, like Chika?
Just Hound feels like, "a lot of trion expenditure". And i don't think Osamu can handles it...
Hound isn't what's slow it's Lead Bullet. Any bullet you apply LB to will become slow.
Hound was never stated to need high Trion either so probably doesn't require much. Viper isn't weaker than Hound. They're both weaker than Asteroid though.
Osamu has to first learn how to use Hound to make it useful, aside from Kakizaki squad and that one attack by Nino we haven't really seen much action showing Hound's potential, but in short it's mostly used as a distraction and a way to corner the enemy. When Osamu gets enough battle experience he'll be able to make use of it so I can definitely seem him use it in the future.
BotatoMay 31, 2016 6:01 AM
May 31, 2016 6:48 AM
Jul 2015
Sedgewic said:

... Well, he used it in "sword mode"... and specially when Yuma borrowed it to fight, it looks a lot like Kogetsu (sword)...
Ever since he reached B-rank, he mostly used it in shield mode... And i know there's a "trigger" change there...
You sound really happy, I'm glad, i made you happy :)
May 31, 2016 6:58 AM

Nov 2013
Commentator1 said:
Sedgewic said:

... Well, he used it in "sword mode"... and specially when Yuma borrowed it to fight, it looks a lot like Kogetsu (sword)...
Ever since he reached B-rank, he mostly used it in shield mode... And i know there's a "trigger" change there...
You sound really happy, I'm glad, i made you happy :)
I wondered about that a long time ago, but when I checked Yuma was holding the same handle Osamu does when he has Raygust. Then I remembered that Raygust can change shape like Scorpion to some extent and assumed Yuma simply made it into a long sword instead of a heavy wide one.
May 31, 2016 7:05 AM
Jul 2015
Botato said:
Nino doesn't have Viper.

Hound was never stated to need high Trion either so probably doesn't require much. Viper isn't weaker than Hound. They're both weaker than Asteroid though.

I would like to think Nino does Viper... He is the #1 shooter after all... He hasn't used it yet... And we don't know if he does... But do we know what all his trigger slots are? I don't remember..

I guess when i say "Hound needs more trion", i mean it needs more trion to be "effective"... As it is easier to block Hound, than like let's say Viper, which can change it's course....
Basically Hound is more used with "assault weapon", 100's of bullets... I don't know... Every time Hound has been used, there's been lots of bullets... And partially the reason is, if it was just a few, it wouldn't be effective. As it comes "straight" to you Well kind of straight, i mean, it follows you; and it doesn't go "around the corner" if you do. Instead, it will hit that corner, i believe. (also not just the "number" of bullets... But the times you have to fire to be effective. The rounds of fire...)

Viper on the other hand could be "weak" and could be just " a few bullets", that is calculated well and goes around all your shields and what not...
And we all know, whatever Osamu does, is going to be weak...

Hound wouldn't help Osamu much... And also, what's there to learn... "Delayed sending of bullets"?... He already does that with Asteroids?... Hey maybe Hound will be usefull to Osamu, like you say, who knows... I just can't really imagine it, being "more effective than his current Asteroids.

With Viper, i don't expect Osamu to learn it over night. I expect him to learn it now, and NOT use it in the next fight, as he will not be ready to use it, and "comfortable" with it. Also we have all that Hyuse thing coming up...

Then maybe, by the time, "after" becoming A-rank, then they do the "Selection" thing... Maybe Osamu can do "some" Viper (not like a pro). But hopefully that would be more effective with his "strategies", that he comes up with Hyuse...
Commentator1May 31, 2016 7:11 AM
May 31, 2016 7:07 AM
Jul 2015
Botato said:
I wondered about that a long time ago, but when I checked Yuma was holding the same handle Osamu does when he has Raygust. Then I remembered that Raygust can change shape like Scorpion to some extent and assumed Yuma simply made it into a long sword instead of a heavy wide one.

Yeah... For some reason, i always thought it was a Kogetsu... Just cause, afterwards when Osamu used it in "shield" mode (after B-rank), the drawings became more "rounder"... bigger...
But that first time, it was a "sword" shape, especially with Yuma...

Yeah, i also went back and looked at it... and it's Raygust... >.<
May 31, 2016 7:12 AM
Sep 2015
the_fools said:
dat_le_tat said:
Chika with tele is good, but it must be within 10 met, I don't know her trion can increase the maximum range or not.

http://chippokenabokura.tumblr.com/post/145049856398/world-trigger-bbf-translation-part-67-of-many
10 meters.
May 31, 2016 7:14 AM

Nov 2013
Ninomiya's Trigger set:

Viper can't change course; you set up the course BEFORE you shoot and it moves along the path you set in your mind. However most people can't do the calculations necessary on the field so they set trajectories beforehand. But once the shot is fired it will go along the determined course you set and will never change it.

Okay so you're saying weak Viper is more useful than weak Hound, not that Viper is strictly weaker? Then I agree.

I didn't say delayed bullets, but because of the way Hound moves and chases targets, you can corner people if you know how to use it, or harass them from multiple angles unlike Asteroid which you need to set up in advance. So yes Osamu could make use of it, and there's no rule saying he can't have both Viper and Hound, I just made an observation that not many people use both.
May 31, 2016 7:19 AM
Feb 2016
the_fools said:
I also like the idea of viper for Osamu. He can also use hound for diversion not as point getter because his hound is weak. Maybe he can use starmaker/chameleon/teleporter.

For Chika, teleporter.
I agree with some of your suggestions but I think Starmaker is not suitable for Osamu and I it will be a waste of space. The main purpose of Starmaker is to keep track of your enemy after hitting them with it or marking someone (like Enedra) to avoid getting trick. A sharp shooter can only use it (imo) to perfectly mark your target. So why need for Osamu to waste his perfect shot just to mark his opponent when he can use that moment to shoot with asteroid? I think it will be more suitable to Chika than Osamu.
May 31, 2016 7:22 AM
May 2016
dat_le_tat said:
the_fools said:

http://chippokenabokura.tumblr.com/post/145049856398/world-trigger-bbf-translation-part-67-of-many
10 meters.
http://chippokenabokura.tumblr.com/post/102610821303/world-trigger-official-qa-vol-5-8-translations
It says over 30 meters in the Q&A. Ashihara made mistake(?).
May 31, 2016 7:23 AM
Jul 2015
dat_le_tat said:
the_fools said:

10 meters.

Lol. It does say "tens of meters"... I don't know if that's supposed to mean "ten meters"...
I mean with just "tens of meters", all i would get it "less than 100 mmeters"...

But didn't like Arashiyama teleport 12 meters? Or was that a translation error/ typist error...
May 31, 2016 7:25 AM
Sep 2015
Commentator1 said:
dat_le_tat said:
Chika with tele is good

I don't see Kuga getting "teleport"... It sounds like such a waste, you know? I mean Kuga's so "fast", and also "grass-hoper", Tele feels like, should be used for "slow" people... Or rather it feels like it might make Yuma slower? Does that make sense?
Like Yuma's the type of fighter that depends on "reflexes" and "intuition", the feeling of "touch" and "feeling of "sense" to the surrounding environment, you know? I think the moment he teleports, he would lose all that; and when he comes out, he would need to adjust to the "new environment", like "oh the enemy's" over in that direction, in that distance... Kind of get the "feel" of the situation... I think that "adjusting time" could almost take away from Kuga's speed.

Tho Chika tele sounds good.

If the enemy has Kuma in corner, teleport is a good idea.
Chika with teleport is we don't know her trion can affect teleport's range.
Viper is very hard to master it, hound is more easy, he not Nasu or Izumi. Viper delay bullet even harder.
May 31, 2016 7:26 AM
May 2016
-jdj888- said:
the_fools said:

For Chika, teleporter.
I agree with some of your suggestions but I think Starmaker is not suitable for Osamu and I it will be a waste of space. The main purpose of Starmaker is to keep track of your enemy after hitting them with it or marking someone (like Enedra) to avoid getting trick. A sharp shooter can only use it (imo) to perfectly mark your target. So why need for Osamu to waste his perfect shot just to mark his opponent when he can use that moment to shoot with asteroid? I think it will be more suitable to Chika than Osamu.
Starmaker for Chika make sense since she can't "kill" her enemies.
May 31, 2016 7:36 AM
Jul 2015
dat_le_tat said:
Chika with teleport is we don't know her trion can affect teleport's range.
Viper is very hard to master it, hound is more easy, he not Nasu or Izumi. Viper delay bullet even harder.

What i want to know is the "frequency", you can use Teleport. Like how long do you have to wait, to use it again? Otherwise, if there wasn't that... Chika would telport the shlt out of that trigger, until the trigger blows up from over expenditure... (I mean, maybe it could burn out like computers, when used too much you know xD ...)

He doesn't need the "delay". But basically Viper... I don't expect Osamu to "master" it per say... Just he needs that "idea"... He's already shooting his Asteroid from a "different angle" yes?
Like bullets are not straight from his hand forward to an enemy. He puts em "behind" or "beside" the enemy to shoot from different angles... Basically Viper would do that "for him"...
So it's like manual vs automatic? When i say automatic, you still have to put the "info" (of the bullet trajectory) in, and the bullet will move "on it's own". Like a "programmed machine".
But with Asteroid, Osamu have to like "manually" control, the bullets, and take them "behind"/"beside" the enemy, then "fire"; right?
To him, once, he learns Viper, it might come naturally.

If it's not a problem with his "trion" weakness... I don't see the "calculating" part, that hard at all... I mean he's supposed to be the "smart" one... Who wins with his "wits" and "ingenuity"... As Kasama said (#3 A-rank captain guy, was it Kasama?)
May 31, 2016 7:59 AM
Feb 2016
Commentator1 said:
I suggested Teleporter for Yuma because he can do amazing and unpredictable moves when he will combine this with his other "mobility" trigger. Yes, we know that his fast enough to get 10 in mobility but when he faces other border agents for the likes of Ninomiya and Izumi, He needs to step up his mobility game so he can easily close the distance when facing a mid-range fighters. ( why beat them with firepower when you can beat them through speed?)
Ok, here's an example scenario: let's turn back the time in round 4 when Yuma tried to close the distance with Ninomiya. Remember that even he has grasshopper to boost his mobility, he was easily defeated by Nino...I know Nino is a monster in terms of mid-range attacks because that's his specialty but imagine if Yuma uses grasshopper to propel towards Nino then before Nino can calculate Yuma's speed and direction, he can activate teleporter so that he can change direction at mid-air (add to its advantage that it can save him some distance by using this trigger) then after that he can use grasshopper again....and so on...
Note: I know that Yuma can also use grasshopper to change his direction...but the pattern of his movement is always connected (ex: zigzag and linear pattern). When combined with Teleporter, he can disconnect the pattern to make his move hard to read by experience opponents. This is just my opinion and also my speculation regarding teleporter...so feel free to correct me if there's any mistake. ;)
May 31, 2016 9:11 AM
Oct 2015
My bet

Chika-> teleporter, she needs something to compensate her pathetic mobility for run away or for go to advantageous places for shoot. Surely she can break the normal limits of this trigger for her amount of trion.

Osamu-> Viper would be fantastic... But I bet for Starmaker now and its possible combination with spider. It would be a solution against bagworm and chameleon.
Viper is my second choice. Osamu can dodge de shield of the enemies with this. He don't need to be a skilled user like Nasu or Izumi, he only need to learn some patterns of trajectories like Karasuma

Yuma-> Chameleon, After see Yuma's performance with Osamu's spider, I think Yuma with this trigger would be amazing.
After my bet was Lead Bullet... But I don't know if that triger can be shooted whitout combine with other trigger.

Hyuse: My bet is something similar like this.

Main:
*Shield
*Idaten -> I think Hyuse would strengthen his movility with this trigger since I knew he has 13 in movility with Lambris. He can use Idaten to attack with Scopion or to take a good positioning with bagworm (to hide himself)
*Viper or asteroid
*Meteora -> A good chance to use like a mine with bagworm (to hide himself) or to combine with Viper

Sub:
*shield
*bagworm
*Scorpion -> Since I see his performance with that trigger, I began to considerer him like an All-rounder. Scorpion can be used with Idaten like Futaba used Idaten with kotetsu.
*Viper

the_fools said:
dat_le_tat said:

10 meters.
http://chippokenabokura.tumblr.com/post/102610821303/world-trigger-official-qa-vol-5-8-translations
It says over 30 meters in the Q&A. Ashihara made mistake(?).

It is a contradiction. By the moment I take Q&A like the truth because Ashihara responded directly. In BBF who wrote it was an editor surely.
Ashihara had a lot of work while the BBF was being done. LoL
OneCommentaryMay 31, 2016 10:15 AM
May 31, 2016 9:20 AM
Feb 2016
OneCommentary said:

Osamu-> Viper would be fantastic... But I bet for Starmaker now and its possible combination with spider. It would be a solution against bagworm and chameleon.
I think Starmaker is not suitable for Osamu as I stated from my previous post v
-jdj888- said:
I think Starmaker is not suitable for Osamu and I it will be a waste of space. The main purpose of Starmaker is to keep track of your enemy after hitting them with it or marking someone (like Enedra) to avoid getting trick. A sharp shooter can only use it (imo) to perfectly mark your target. So why need for Osamu to waste his perfect shot just to mark his opponent when he can use that moment to shoot with asteroid? I think it will be more suitable to Chika than Osamu.
every point counts for Osamu so why not use all his best shot in killing/damaging his opponents rather than marking them with starmaker? Let Chika do that job while Osamu and Yuma will continue to improve their close to mid-range teamwork.
-jdj888-May 31, 2016 9:25 AM
May 31, 2016 9:32 AM
Oct 2015
-jdj888- said:
OneCommentary said:

-jdj888- said:
I think Starmaker is not suitable for Osamu and I it will be a waste of space. The main purpose of Starmaker is to keep track of your enemy after hitting them with it or marking someone (like Enedra) to avoid getting trick. A sharp shooter can only use it (imo) to perfectly mark your target. So why need for Osamu to waste his perfect shot just to mark his opponent when he can use that moment to shoot with asteroid? I think it will be more suitable to Chika than Osamu.
every point counts for Osamu so why not use all his best shot in killing/damaging his opponents rather than marking them with starmaker?

Well my opinion is.
Because Osamu only can use weak bullets, it is probable that he can not eliminate an adversary although he shoots well. With Starmarker, this adversary will be marked for the rest of the team although he/she uses bagworm or chameleon.
In other hand, IF starmarker can be used combined with spider, maybe the enemy will be marked only if he/she touch the wire.
Finally, Surely Starmarker wastes a bit of trion
May 31, 2016 9:47 AM
Feb 2016
OneCommentary said:
-jdj888- said:
every point counts for Osamu so why not use all his best shot in killing/damaging his opponents rather than marking them with starmaker?

Well my opinion is.
Because Osamu only can use weak bullets, it is probable that he can not eliminate an adversary although he shoots well. With Starmarker, this adversary will be marked for the rest of the team although he/she uses bagworm or chameleon.
In other hand, IF starmarker can be used combined with spider, maybe the enemy will be marked only if he/she touch the wire.
Yup, He can't always eliminate his opponents but it's more effective to detemine their presence if he can atleast severely wound them by using asteroid rather than starmaker. Don't forget also that Usami will help Osamu in determining any unknown trion reaction like the way she helps him in Muira and Wakamura planned sneak attack. Remember that the use of chameleon is for sneak attacks...so Osamu's spider alone can foil the opponents plan to reach his position because they need first to cut down the wire.
Regarding about Spider and Starmaker speculation, I think it's farfetched from what we have seen during the enedra fight which they use it as a bullet...Maybe it's possible...who knows? ;)
-jdj888-May 31, 2016 9:50 AM
May 31, 2016 10:07 AM
Oct 2015
-jdj888- said:
OneCommentary said:

Well my opinion is.
Yup, He can't always eliminate his opponents but it's more effective to detemine their presence if he can atleast severely wound them by using asteroid rather than starmaker. Don't forget also that Usami will help Osamu in determining any unknown trion reaction like the way she helps him in Muira and Wakamura planned sneak attack. Remember that the use of chameleon is for sneak attacks...so Osamu's spider alone can foil the opponents plan to reach his position because they need first to cut down the wire.
Regarding about Spider and Starmaker speculation, I think it's farfetched from what we have seen during the enedra fight which they use it as a bullet...Maybe it's possible...who knows? ;)

Well, if I'm not wrong, Starmarker is used with other trigger of shooter and it can not be used alone.
Sumary, you shoot asteroid/hound/viper and this bullet gains the function of starmarker. If you don't eliminate the enemy, at least the enemy will be marked
OneCommentaryMay 31, 2016 10:13 AM
May 31, 2016 8:23 PM
May 2016
Here's a question:

Real world snipers carry a sidearm in case they get stuck up on. So why don't WT snipers carry an asteroid pistol? Most sniper setups are min/max like so:

Main:
Eaglet
Ibis
Lightning
Shield

Sub:
Free slot
Free slot
Shield
Bagworm

They have the space to equip it and it would help snipers put distance between themselves and pursuers when running away via self cover fire. It's not like there's special/extensive training required to use it. Maybe even adding a lead bullet option if trion levels allow it.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 239 Discussion

MegamiRem - Feb 1

14 by StregAnna77 »»
Mar 26, 8:54 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 240 Discussion

anime-prime - Mar 3

2 by ReaperCreeper »»
Mar 6, 3:54 PM

» Despair

Magical_Bananana - Feb 1

7 by Magical_Bananana »»
Feb 8, 5:31 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 238 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 3, 2023

5 by StregAnna77 »»
Nov 23, 2023 4:12 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 237 Discussion

MegamiRem - Oct 3, 2023

3 by ricksed »»
Oct 4, 2023 11:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.