Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
May 29, 2016 8:10 PM

Jan 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Yeah no real shock that negotiating with August wasn't gonna bear fruit. Hope they're ready for a whuppin'! XD Things still chaotic as ever in the North.(Go Strauss siblings! XD) Bradman certainly looked fierce. Kinda looked like Atlas Flame too, just a bit. So he and Gajeel are gonna go down together eh? Can't imagine Levy havin' any of that, but...what can she do?
May 29, 2016 11:07 PM
Apr 2016
Spoilers were exciting and building the hype up! Let's see if the whole chapter is like that.
May 30, 2016 5:45 AM

Nov 2011
Gajeel fighting for his woman....

So basically Levy knew she couldn't do much. She just wanted to save him in some way. Heh. Would like to see this animated someday.
May 30, 2016 5:52 AM
Apr 2015
Am I the only one who suddenly broke out in tears?
Gajeel just killed me: "As long as I can keep the woman I fell for safe, nothing else matters". I was screaming at first and then there were many tears.
May 30, 2016 5:52 AM

Dec 2013
Fuck yes! My OTP is still greatness! Based Gajeel fighting for his waifu!

August is pretty scary. Negotiations were never going to work.
May 30, 2016 5:54 AM

Apr 2008
So Braddman absorbed the curses of Tartaros. Interesting.

Did NOT see the kamikaze ending coming tho
May 30, 2016 5:57 AM

Jun 2013
Gajeel's Dragon Force looks pretty badass, it would look great animated, also he himself impressed me when he revealed his feelings, that was a nice moment. However the 'defeat' of Bradman was lack luster, like with the rest of the spriggans, so far none of them proved to be anything that threatening, sure they damaged FT forces a bit, but that's pretty much the only thing they did. Seems like next chapter will be centered around Gajeel and Levy, which I'm fine with, and once again it's counting down to something.
May 30, 2016 6:01 AM

Dec 2008
MahiSenpai said:
Gajeel just killed me: "As long as I can keep the woman I fell for safe, nothing else matters". I was screaming at first and then there were many tears.

My favorite line in the chapter <3
I'm not a die hard GajeelxLevi shipper, but this is making me reconsider.

But really, all I want to see at the moment is Eileen & Erza meeting ;_;
May 30, 2016 6:16 AM

Mar 2014
Who else feels Gajeel's DF looks underwhelming? I mean, it's just like ISD. Loved Levy this chapter, her sheer resolve was great to see. And, as with the previous chapters, the villain continued to be lame af.
May 30, 2016 6:16 AM
Mar 2016
So what... did Gajeel and Levy become a couple or something
May 30, 2016 6:17 AM

Aug 2013
Interesting thought but why Natu and Lucy didn't sense as much power from August as Mest did? Maybe because they are on another level and we will see them kicking his ass.

Was hoping for Shadow-Iron dragon but what we got was just as good. Gajeel has been made to look weak since joining FT and it is about time he kicked some ass.
May 30, 2016 6:19 AM
Sep 2012
Wow well not liking the looks of things giving the next chapter title, that doesn't sound good.

Well the negotiations went as well as I thought it would, which is not good, though I did like what Brandish how she is still a citizen of Alverez and puts things in prospective and reminds, Alverez is not a dark guild it is a country with citizens just like Ishgar, so this is a more complex situation than anything we dealt with before, which reminds us whey Happy's idea of nuking Alverez is a terrible idea.

So Bradman did he just absorb all of the 9 demon gates powers, well wouldn't he be a better opponent for Mira is that is the case, Mira has the only 9 demon gate he didn't get his hands on.

Did Gajeel confess his feelings for Levy, can we just say they are a couple already? I really they got together during the time skip, and Levy might even be pregnant, that is my head canon.

Still Gajeel beats Bradman, but he is such a punk that he wants to take Gajeel with him, the next chapter is called "The Two Of Us Together, Forever and Always", you are actually going to kill off Gajeel? And destroy my favorite couple in the series, no just no. If you want to kill off someone kill off Ichiya, not Gajeel. I guess we will see next chapter. I liked the chapter, Gajeel admitting his feelings, but don't like where this is headed. This is suppose to be a more upbeat series.
blfanMay 30, 2016 8:47 AM
May 30, 2016 6:21 AM
Oct 2013
Ok before people rally and scream.
THIS MAKES NO SENSE BULLSHIT ASSPULL POWERUP.

What happened here is actually sensical within the realm of Fairy Tail. The power up gained through this process has been used before severall times.

It´s not Dragon Force alone, though a partial component is Dragon Force, as proven by the design. According to the translation this mode is a mixture between Gray´s "curse mode" and Dragon Force.
Probably Hiro´s way of putting Gajeel on a smilar level with Natsu and Gray again, because he doesn´t consider one rival to be sufficient.

Some may question how I came to this conclusion. The established rules for Dragon Force, were to consume particles of the Dragon Slayers element, that has highly condensed magic particles attached to it.Wendy achieved it by eating air near face. Natsu achieved it by eating Etherion or Jellal´s sacred flame.Gajeel never had eaten an enhanced version of his element till now. This power up makes more sense in the context of the story, compared to the asspull steel power up during Tartaros.

Nonetheless he should die due to "curse particle" poisoning by just activating Dragon Force alone, but if the audience accepts that Gray is immune and even capable of blocking curses his ability to survive a curse user should come as no surprise. What happened here was Gajeel achieved Dragonforce/Devil slayer traits, therefore he has an immunity to curses similar to Gray´s.
IsterioMay 30, 2016 7:25 AM
May 30, 2016 6:35 AM

Jan 2015
Holy fuck that chapter was fucking golden!
So much character development, so much action!
Imo Gajeel is the best, and the most developed character Mashima created. And Gajeel x Levi is the best ship. I mean...

Gruvia - This may start after the was's over... may xd

Jerza - We only had might-have-been kiss, and later Jellal left da fuck out :p

NaLu - Come on this doesn't even exist xD
May 30, 2016 6:36 AM

Jun 2013
Isterio said:
Ok before people rally and scream.
THIS MAKES NO SENSE BULLSHIT ASSPULL POWERUP.

What happened here is actually sensical within the realm of Fairy Tails rules and the power up gained through this has been used before in a different way several times.

It´s not Dragon Force alone, though a partial component is Dragon Force, as proven by the design. According to the translation this mode is a mixture between Gray´s "curse mode" and Dragon Force.
Probably Hiro´s way of putting Gajeel on a smilar level with Natsu and Gray again, because he doesn´t consider one rival to be sufficient.

Why is this mode neither one or the other? Because the established rules for Dragon Force were to consume particles of the Dragon Slayers element with highly condensed magic particles attached to it.Wendy achieved it by eating air near face. Natsu achieved it by eating Etherion or the sacred flame.Gajeel never had eaten an enhanced version of his element till now.This power up makes more sense in the context of the story compared to the asspull steel power up during Tartaros.

Nonetheless he should die due to "curse particle" poisoning by just activating Dragon Force, but if the audience accepts that Gray is immune and even capable of blocking curses this should come as no surprise. What happened here was Gajeel achieving Dragonforce/Devil slayer traits, therefore the immunity.

I don't think he'll die... there's this novel where Gajeel and Levy's kids came back to the past and pun people, or something like that... I know it's a novel and it shouldn't be classified as canon, but if something happened and Mashima acknowledged this novel, Levy would survive and Gajeel will die revealing that she's pregnant. That would be pretty sad. BUT I don't see it happening.
May 30, 2016 6:39 AM

Aug 2010
Definitely best ship atm. Gajeel looked BA there with his power of love

Dem Levy thighs in the cover tho :L
May 30, 2016 6:42 AM
Oct 2013
blfan said:
Wow well not liking the looks of things giving the next chapter title, that doesn't sound good.

Well the negotiations went as well as I thought it would, which is not good, though I did like what Brandish how she is still a citizen of Alverez and puts things in prospective and reminds, Alverez is not a dark guild it is a country with citizens just like Ishgar, so this is a more complex situation than anything we dealt with before, which reminds us whey Happy's idea of nuking Alverez is a terrible idea.

Called it, some people will be salty.

blfan said:

So Bradman did he just absorb all of the 9 demon gates powers, well wouldn't he be a better opponent for Mira is that is the case, Mira has the only 9 demon gate he didn't get his hands on.

Did Gajeel confess his feelings for Levy, can we just say they are a couple already? I really they got together during the time skip, and Levy might even be pregnant, that is my head canon.

Still Gajeel beats Bradman, but he is suck a punk that he wants to take Gajeel with him, the next chapter is called "The Two Of Us Together, Forever and Always", you are actually going to kill off Gajeel? And destroy my favorite couple in the series, no just no. If you want to kill off someone kill off Ichiya, not Gajeel. I guess we will see next chapter. I liked the chapter, Gajeel admitting his feelings, but don't like where this is headed. This is suppose to be a more upbeat series.

Dude regarding the "ominious" next chapter title "Forever and always" implies Levis and Gajeels relationship.They´ve been canon for a while now,
this is just Hiro Mashima fanservice. Levi will safe him. As for her being pregnant. Definately not. Shounen series preach abstinence till marriage, else they couldn´t print them. Gajeel admitted his feelings only to himself.
The fangirls can call themselves lucky when they have an awkward talk next chapter where he admits it by accident.

metsujin said:

I don't think he'll die... there's this novel where Gajeel and Levy's kids came back to the past and pun people, or something like that... I know it's a novel and it shouldn't be classified as canon, but if something happened and Mashima acknowledged this novel, Levy would survive and Gajeel will die revealing that she's pregnant. That would be pretty sad. BUT I don't see it happening.

xD Buddy you misunderstood, I didn´t say he has to die. I explained why he won´t die and why it actually makes sense that he will not die.
Regarding the Novel with the kids it can be canon for all I care and I wouldn´t mind. Hiro Mashima can decide wether it becomes canon or not.
Kishimoto gave his approval for the novels and they expandend and even explained the events that lead up to chapter 700 in Naruto (the epilogue).
IsterioMay 30, 2016 7:02 AM
May 30, 2016 6:43 AM

Jan 2015
metsujin said:

However the novel hasn't been written by Mashima, sooo theoretically Mashima could potentially not "adopt" these events. But honestly I doubt that :v He loves these things xD
May 30, 2016 6:54 AM
May 2015
Jesus Christ, as if Gajeel will die. Or Levy. Seriously, if Laxus can manage to survive than Gajeel will. And the fuck is this cliche-kind love story between Gajeel and Levy. I mean Gajeel needed to rampage and kill every single one of the Springan in the North (besides the Scarlett one) just to show how big his love for Levy is.
And seriously dude, is Levy dumb and just jumps for a suicide because "FUCK YEAH I WANT TO SHOW HOW COOL I AM!". My personal favorite love-interest-couple-shit is Levy and Gajeel. But seriously dude, if Gajeel will be devoured and Levy jumps after him just to show how much they love each other, the manger would betray everything it has done so far. And where the hell is the fucking epicness??
The manga really started to taste like a bad fruit. Good until now. Jesus Christ. And when the fuck will Gildarts show up? That lazy bastard, relaxing and letting his kids fighting a stupid fight that is "impossible to win".
May 30, 2016 6:58 AM
Sep 2015
the mask part was heart touching. But depending on the ending, this fight can be BS.
May 30, 2016 7:01 AM

Nov 2015
So why didn't Bradman use Macro or Kyouka's sensation curse on Gajeel?
That's some plot induced stupidity out there. DF Gajeel is a big time asspull powerup considering he was able to consumbe anti-magic particles. BS. This is as bad as Natsu's fights are in general.

Gajevy still is weird ass pairing. Loli and a raditz wannabe getting it on.
May 30, 2016 7:04 AM
Oct 2013
Rex_Connor said:

Why do James Bond villains strap him to a death machine instead of shooting him?

Rex_Connor said:
DF Gajeel is a big time asspull powerup considering he was able to consumbe anti-magic particles. BS.

If you accept Gray becoming a Devil Slayer and Natsu and Wendy going Dragon Force you have to accept this too.
May 30, 2016 7:08 AM

Apr 2016
My boy Gajeel finally kicking some ass again
May 30, 2016 7:16 AM

Jul 2012
If anybody can explain it to me, Gajeel dragon's form is immune to curses and he can punch that guy? If yes, than okay, i guess, nothing is surprising at this point.
May 30, 2016 7:18 AM

Jul 2015
brook easteregg? :0
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2016 7:21 AM

Jan 2010
What great character development for Gajeel and the fact that Levy was willing to sacrifice herself (though she probably wont die) for Gajeel!! This chapter had a lot of good stuff going for it; 25 pages, great art, good action panels, and a decent cliffhanger.

I though August might be a little receptive to what Brandish had to say but ultimately I figured they wouldn't be able to persuade him. The battle up north is looking vicious I hope we get more of that in a latter chapter.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

May 30, 2016 7:24 AM

Nov 2015
Isterio said:
Rex_Connor said:

Why do James Bond villains strap him to a death machine instead of shooting him?

Rex_Connor said:
DF Gajeel is a big time asspull powerup considering he was able to consumbe anti-magic particles. BS.

If you accept Gray becoming a Devil Slayer and Natsu and Wendy going Dragon Force you have to accept this too.

Stop making excuses and comparing movies to a manga.

Natsu went DF by his own will, Wendy eat ethernano from her magic, Gray was transferred to DeS to him after tremendous amount of foreshadowing and usage of the magic itself.
DF Gajeel is shit compared to those.
May 30, 2016 7:26 AM
Sep 2015
Rex_Connor said:
That's some plot induced stupidity out there. DF Gajeel is a big time asspull powerup considering he was able to consumbe anti-magic particles. BS. This is as bad as Natsu's fights are in general.

Gajevy still is weird ass pairing. Loli and a raditz wannabe getting it on.

This is what I thought too. Seriously. It can instant kill someone or weaken gajeel for a second.
May 30, 2016 7:31 AM
Oct 2013
Rex_Connor said:

What´s the difference and how is this an excuse?
Rex_Connor said:

Natsu went DF by his own will, Wendy eat ethernano from her magic,

Your quote actually proves me right.
Rex_Connor said:

Gray was transferred to DeS to him after tremendous amount of foreshadowing and usage of the magic itself.

There was not much, we saw a guy who used curses and he passed down the technique through unspecified means.
Rex_Connor said:

That´s your shitty opinion.
allenjke said:
If anybody can explain it to me, Gajeel dragon's form is immune to curses and he can punch that guy? If yes, than okay, i guess, nothing is surprising at this point.

I explained it above just scroll up.
May 30, 2016 7:33 AM

Nov 2015
Isterio said:
Rex_Connor said:

What´s the difference and how is this an excuse?

Rex_Connor said:

Natsu went DF by his own will, Wendy eat ethernano from her magic,

Your quote actually proves me right.

Rex_Connor said:

Gray was transferred to DeS to him after tremendous amount of foreshadowing and usage of the magic itself.

There was not much, we saw a guy who used curses and he passed down the technique through unspecified means.

Rex_Connor said:

That´s your shitty opinion.

allenjke said:

I explained it above just scroll up.

IT's an excuse. You can't compare mangas to movies.

You are damage controlling this horrifying chapter. Give it up.

Silver doesn't use curses, and he transferred it the same way Mavis did to Cana. So it's pretty legit.

DF Gajeel didn't use DF on his will, he absorbed magical particles through some BS, and he ate anti-magic particles which he shouldn't be able to

Your opinion is shit. DF Gajeel is even shittier.
May 30, 2016 7:36 AM

May 2013
Isterio said:
blfan said:

Called it, some people will be salty.

That was the most obvious. August being loyal and considering the negotiation as a betrayal.
This is not "prediction", just logic and common sense. xD

And Natsu's mantra (guildmate or companion = friend/family) is well known since the beginning of the series, so this is not a surprise as well and not, again, a prediction.

--

So, this is is, Gajeel's Dragon Force!
And GaLevy is officially canon!
May 30, 2016 7:52 AM
Oct 2013
Rex_Connor said:

Silver doesn't use curses, and he transferred it the same way Mavis did to Cana. So it's pretty legit.

I just can´t listen to this anymore
IsterioMay 30, 2016 7:58 AM
May 30, 2016 7:54 AM

Nov 2015
Isterio said:
Rex_Connor said:
[

I just can´t listen to this anymore

Demons use curses, Silver isn't a demon.

Get your facts straight before posting something stupid again.
May 30, 2016 8:00 AM
Oct 2013
Rex_Connor said:

People who can read have an advantage.
May 30, 2016 8:05 AM

Nov 2015
Isterio said:
Rex_Connor said:

People who can read have an advantage.

That's all called a plot hole. Brush up on your reading comprehension next time.
May 30, 2016 8:06 AM

Oct 2015
as always, gajeel defeats one guy then goes down for the rest of the war, like Tartarus arc and against that guild in tenroujima island
May 30, 2016 8:09 AM

Jun 2011
FINALLY!!! Gajeel admits he likes Levy!!!
May 30, 2016 8:09 AM
Sep 2014
Hmm...I actually don't have much criticism this chapter except that the Spriggans are the shittiest villains in the history of this series. And Gajeel's Dragon Force moment was underwhelming and anti-climatic.

Mashima finally solidified Gajeel and Levi's relationship which is great for the FT shipping community--which I still think is larger than it should be. The "romance" in this manga is comedy. And people actually cry to this shit lol
May 30, 2016 8:24 AM

May 2014
this thing bradmans using to pull in gajeel reminds of a poor mans memento mori. assuming he doesnt escape himself i think gray will save gajeel. p sure they were fighting in the same area?
May 30, 2016 8:26 AM

Nov 2015
yaokitsme said:
this thing bradmans using to pull in gajeel reminds of a poor mans memento mori. assuming he doesnt escape himself i think gray will save gajeel. p sure they were fighting in the same area?

Gray is not in the North area. Mira, Elfman, Lisanna are.
May 30, 2016 8:31 AM

Jul 2010
MahiSenpai said:

This!! i almost cried cause this line was so awesome! "the woman I fell for" - i read this part like 100 times before reading ahead :D
now he better doesn''t die!
May 30, 2016 8:44 AM

Apr 2008
yaokitsme said:

Nope Gray is in Hargeon. Gajeel is way up north
May 30, 2016 8:48 AM

Dec 2009
Man this chapter was awesome. Loved seeing Gajeel admit his love for Levy and finally go Dragon Force himself (It's about time considering both Natsu and Wendy have long done it). The countdown continues next chapter, and it makes me antsy because it's making it sound like either Gajeel or Levy is going to die :l anyway I expect something big to happen when the countdown is finally over.
May 30, 2016 9:28 AM
May 2016
Wim said:
Interesting thought but why Natu and Lucy didn't sense as much power from August as Mest did? Maybe because they are on another level and we will see them kicking his ass.

Was hoping for Shadow-Iron dragon but what we got was just as good. Gajeel has been made to look weak since joining FT and it is about time he kicked some ass.

I think that they sensed it. As what I recall, it was in the previous chapter
May 30, 2016 9:29 AM
Mar 2015
gajee death flag to the highest

Levy is preggers so she will live on a widowed baby mama
May 30, 2016 9:33 AM
Mar 2015
Aiyen said:
Hmm...I actually don't have much criticism this chapter except that the Spriggans are the shittiest villains in the history of this series. And Gajeel's Dragon Force moment was underwhelming and anti-climatic.

Mashima finally solidified Gajeel and Levi's relationship which is great for the FT shipping community--which I still think is larger than it should be. The "romance" in this manga is comedy. And people actually cry to this shit lol

Because dragon force is nearly useless at this point, it just looks cool

natsu only uses it it in critical moments
And for Wendy its just an offensive boost

gajeel also lacks second origin
He is lkily the weakest pure dragon slayer
May 30, 2016 9:38 AM

Nov 2010
To be honest, Shadow Gajeel looked much better than Dragon Force Gajeel. The transformation was really underwhelming, as well as the fight. Fodder enemies gave them more problems than these uber powerful ones.
Zalmox1sMay 30, 2016 9:42 AM
May 30, 2016 10:01 AM

May 2015
Fairy Tail has gone full Bleach mode in this arc.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2016 10:09 AM
Oct 2013
zal said:

Elaborate please.

I see huge differences. Bleach is never this predictable.
May 30, 2016 10:11 AM

May 2015
Isterio said:
zal said:

Elaborate please.

I see huge differences. Bleach is never this predictable.
lol, good one (if you were joking)
However unpredictability also leads to asspulls which is worse, not that aspulls matter anymore in Bleach or Fairy Tail.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 248 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Aug 27, 2011

75 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 9:46 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 244 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Wasabi - Jul 22, 2011

69 by aod-kun »»
Apr 5, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 234 Discussion ( 1 2 )

smokes - May 16, 2011

51 by aod-kun »»
Mar 16, 10:19 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.