Forum Settings
Forums

do you think it's ok for guys to approach girls in public?

New
May 29, 2016 8:02 PM

Sep 2014
1) Is it fine if guy approaches girl in public, in order to get to know her, because he finds said girl attractive? this is assuming both are strangers prior to meeting.

or is that creepy and guys should stick to finding girls in other ways?

2) to girls, would you be ok with a guy in public approaching you because you caught his eye? and made his heart go doki-doki?

3) guys, do you approach pretty girls in public?

habla, mal.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 29, 2016 8:27 PM

Feb 2016
It depends on what the approach is. If a guy comes up to me and asks how my day is going and is interested in me as a person I'm all for it. If a guy comes up to me and is completely rude and is only interested in me for my body, I'm against it. I've actually had a guy come up to me while I was waiting for a bus and say, "I want to f*** your hair." That is not something a girl wants to hear.
MadScientessMay 29, 2016 8:31 PM
May 29, 2016 8:29 PM
Jul 2018
Just be able to read body language and don't be a complete social retard.
Jul 2018
No that's oppressive and eye rape and he might wank to her later so it's already using her body without permission.

Oct 2014
Isn't that how it's "supposed" to happen? And that's probably the best way since you can get a feel of what they're like and stuff like that idk
May 29, 2016 8:30 PM

Sep 2012
No human beings are not allowed to interact.
May 29, 2016 8:46 PM

Oct 2015
No, that's blatant harassment. Only girls can do that to guys.
If you're reading this, then you be should banana the one often to effectively die apples through convergence, autism plus unicorns.
May 29, 2016 8:48 PM

Dec 2012
Not for me. Despite having a heart of gold I look like I'm ready to stab anyone in my vicinity and so no one likes when I approach them.
May 29, 2016 8:52 PM

Sep 2014
mochakawaiibear said:
Isn't that how it's "supposed" to happen? And that's probably the best way since you can get a feel of what they're like and stuff like that idk
Jou-dan said:
sure. I've just walked up to a girl, introduced myself, shake her hand, made a little banter, then get her number.

I thought that was normal

from my understanding, interacting in a more "natural" environment (school, work, club activities) is the normal way to interact with the opposite (or same sex if that's your preference), and that other environments (shops, on the street, parks) one should take caution or perhaps even avoid flirting completely, so as to not come off as harassment.
May 29, 2016 8:54 PM

Dec 2012
Jou-dan said:
Ratohnhaketon said:
Not for me. Despite having a heart of gold I look like I'm ready to stab anyone in my vicinity and so no one likes when I approach them.
I look intimidating too but you just gotta be open-postured and smile man

I look like a biker but girls open up to me easy since I'm friendly
Oh..a biker. Lucky. I was voted most likely to shoot up a school and people say I look mad as hell/stoned 24/7. I don't even do drugs and I'm a happy man!
May 29, 2016 8:57 PM

Sep 2014
MadScientess said:
It depends on what the approach is. If a guy comes up to me and asks how my day is going and is interested in me as a person I'm all for it. If a guy comes up to me and is completely rude and is only interested in me for my body, I'm against it. I've actually had a guy come up to me while I was waiting for a bus and say, "I want to f*** your hair." That is not something a girl wants to hear.

i get not wanting to be used for your body only, but your personality isn't written on your face for everyone to see, your appearance is. I don't think it's wrong if a guy approaches you because he thinks you're hot.
May 29, 2016 8:59 PM

Nov 2015
Nah, I'd rather people approach their potential sexual partners indoors instead of outdoors, preferably in indoor social settings. Idk there's something weird about asking someone out outdoors..
May 29, 2016 9:07 PM

Oct 2013
People can do whatever they want as long as they're not breaking the law
May 29, 2016 9:12 PM

Oct 2014
@animefreak-san I get what you're saying, it's kinda gotten like these days too. If you approach some people they'll look at like you're crazy since social media is a very typical way to meet people these days. So unless you're complimenting them or see something you two have in common you may get brushed off
May 29, 2016 9:19 PM

Jun 2015
Theworstshow said:
Just be able to read body language and don't be a complete social retard.

Everything you need.
Just don't blatanly hit on her.
May 29, 2016 9:59 PM

Apr 2016
I feel like, as long as the guy isn't trying to pull any shady shit, he can totally address girls. Guys are people, and they should be allowed to talk to whoever they want, female or male, so long as they are respectful.

May 29, 2016 10:20 PM

Aug 2014
Guys should only approach girls in private places, like the bathroom.
May 29, 2016 10:25 PM

Mar 2016
You gotta use discretion. Like, don't talk to anyone who looks like they are busy, that's just rude. And it depends on what you say as well.

But the big thing is you need to back off if you aren't getting responses. Don't expect to be directly told to fuck off, and don't act like a baby if you are told to do so.
May 29, 2016 10:25 PM

Nov 2014
as long as you're good looking, you can get away with anything
May 29, 2016 10:26 PM
Jan 2013
Just try to be wearing clothes when approaching them
gone bai bai
May 29, 2016 11:25 PM

Dec 2015
1) Yes, if you don't then its kind of hard to get to meet people. Especially if your trying to find someone to date.

3.) Of course I do, but I don't go about it like some douche-bag with a pick up line.
May 29, 2016 11:27 PM

Dec 2014
yes it is ok..... unless no ulterior motives intended
May 29, 2016 11:30 PM

Jul 2014
To everyone who put "depends", are all of you opposed to freedom of speech? Unless he's planning on doing something dangerous/illegal, why wouldn't it be okay, even if it's rude?? People can do whatever the fuck they want. If a guy is really bothering u tell him to fuck off. That goes for anyone actually.
Jesus Walks
May 29, 2016 11:34 PM

Jan 2015
MadScientess said:
Oh OK... Well then. I want to romantically, respectfully and lovingly fuck your hair....please.
May 30, 2016 1:22 AM

Apr 2009
personally i don't like it when random guys approach me on the street. too many creepy guys have done so in the past + i'm probably busy daydreaming and listening to music so it throws me off when anyone approaches me (even if it's a friend who saw me and came over to say hi)
but generally yeah it's ok as long as they're not being creepy about it and as long as they don't make a scene if the girl rejects them. which surprisingly a lot of them do.
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
May 30, 2016 1:34 AM

Sep 2015
I don't really care for what other guys do, but I doubt I'd ever do it. Hell, I don't think I'd approach someone unless I have legitimate feelings for them, and I don't get feelings for strangers, meaning for me to try to smooth talk a girl, we'd already have to be friends. No room for awkward rejections, at least in my experience.

A pair of eyes appear disguised,
I take flight and stay high in paradise,
With bad luck, snake eyes, a pair of dice.
I'm paralyzed, she speaks twice, a pair of lies,
It's parallel, apparent hell of parasites.
ask for discord server
May 30, 2016 1:51 AM

Jan 2015
No I'm only approach girls on the internet
May 30, 2016 2:15 AM

Nov 2009
No. In fact I'm not entirely sure why we haven't segregated guys and girls into opposing sections of the city, with the only possibility of interaction being booths separated by glass like in prisons, therefore the only way a man can approach a woman (or visa versa) is if they are intentionally looking to be approached (by occupying one of these booths).
May 30, 2016 2:54 AM

May 2014
Pirating_Ninja said:
No. In fact I'm not entirely sure why we haven't segregated guys and girls into opposing sections of the city, with the only possibility of interaction being booths separated by glass like in prisons, therefore the only way a man can approach a woman (or visa versa) is if they are intentionally looking to be approached (by occupying one of these booths).

Thats an even better idea than the Trump wall !!

@OP: no less than 100 flogs if he so much as LOOKS in her general direction.
May 30, 2016 3:12 AM
May 2015
Do you live in Saudi Arabia? Because I think you do. I'll just go ask my sister if it's ok for human beings to eat.
McGibletz said:
Ok.... That made me crack.
May 30, 2016 3:24 AM

Oct 2015
No because as it said in of the choices above guys should never ever have any contact with any girls and same goes for girls
May 30, 2016 3:28 AM

Nov 2015
MadScientess said:

ummm... wait a minute. How can a complete stranger be interested in something he doesn't even know of (your personality)?

In other words, you don't support this. Because any stranger who approaches you is only interested in your body (and that's perfectly normal -- but you're the judge here).
May 30, 2016 3:37 AM

Aug 2013
Of course it's okay - so long as you act like a decent human being, and not like a creep.

It baffles me that someone would even ask a question like this, unless OP is from Saudi Arabia or something, lol.
May 30, 2016 4:14 AM

Jun 2015
I would love it if some guy thought I was attractive and wanted to talk to me...
May 30, 2016 5:49 AM

Mar 2015
Thats called Nanpa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
May 30, 2016 7:21 AM

Jul 2015
Well, how tf else r u supposed to meet new people without internet. lmk.
But it's important to not be a creep either
May 30, 2016 7:35 AM
Oct 2014
No, you're promoting rape culture you misogynist scum

May 30, 2016 8:00 AM
Jul 2018
Lol, well duh it's okay, why wouldn't it be?
May 30, 2016 3:07 PM

Sep 2014
mafia_princess said:
Do you live in Saudi Arabia? Because I think you do. I'll just go ask my sister if it's ok for human beings to eat.
McGibletz said:
Ok.... That made me crack.
Moog said:
Of course it's okay - so long as you act like a decent human being, and not like a creep.

It baffles me that someone would even ask a question like this, unless OP is from Saudi Arabia or something, lol.
Starchaser187 said:
Lol, well duh it's okay, why wouldn't it be?

girls on redditt were saying when it's ok for them to approach them. under which circumstances. like if they are reading a book, they don't want to be hit on I guess, just as one example. my friend and I were also discussing that some girls don't want to be hit on when they are with their friends going out, like at a bar, they just want to talk to their friends and not a random guy hitting on them. so these girls opinions have made me worried. I wish you could just talk to girls anywhere as long as you're not creepy...even if they are with friends or with a book. there's no reason to make meeting people harder than it is. and no, I am not from Saudi Arabia. just a worried and confused guy.
May 30, 2016 3:14 PM

Jan 2015
Pirating_Ninja said:

Despite how ridiculous this sounds....it's really not a bad idea.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 30, 2016 3:18 PM

Jun 2012
Hey, uhh, I think you dropped something...
her: Hmm? I did?
Mmhm, your standards. Hey I'm ____ <--insert name here
May 30, 2016 3:36 PM

Feb 2016
Of course it's a bad idea. Who the hell do you think you are questioning sexuality? You feminist.
May 30, 2016 4:11 PM

Nov 2014
SnugglyWhuggly said:
I personally wouldn't recommend approaching people in public anyhow, forced interaction like that rarely leads to genuine relationships of any kind. Not to say it can't, it just often doesn't. When people are out in public, they're usually out for a reason, and that reason usually doesn't involve starting random conversations with strangers.

This depends on their personality. Some people love meeting new people, while others don't. If you give off a friendly or positive vibe, it's easy to find yourself in conversations with random people. Many of my real life friendships have started with simple greetings either to or from me.

@AnimeFreak-San, I'd recommend not being afraid of at least saying "hi." If they respond in a friendly or lingering way, try starting a conversation with them. But, like Theworstshow said, pay attention to body language. If they don't turn their attention to you, or don't seem interested, bid them adieu.
May 30, 2016 4:14 PM

Aug 2013
No, pretty sure thats classed as Rape now. I doubt guys want to take the risk.
Just keep your eyes to the ground males, you don't get to gaze upon women you shit lords.
May 30, 2016 5:27 PM

Apr 2012
aikaflip said:

This depends on their personality. Some people love meeting new people, while others don't. If you give off a friendly or positive vibe, it's easy to find yourself in conversations with random people. Many of my real life friendships have started with simple greetings either to or from me.

^
This.
Some people are just more open to the idea of conversing with random strangers, than others.
May 30, 2016 11:43 PM

May 2013
Yep, it's quite alright, nothin to see here folks

Really though... I try to be social with random girls I meet, especially if they're pretty, but normally don't ask them out. Usually I'm happy with a positive encounter.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
May 31, 2016 12:14 AM

Apr 2015
No, human interaction is absolutely disgusting.
My waifu, do not steal.
May 31, 2016 1:21 AM

May 2015
Depends, of course.

It is okay to do it. If you do it in a harassing or creepy way - blunt sexual comments, for example, it's disgusting. If you're starting a friendly interaction, go ahead.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 31, 2016 2:18 AM

Apr 2009
@Jou-dan it's usually not funny, just uncomfortable. personally i've had way less explosive reactions than most of my girl friends (i'm one of the very few people i know who didn't get something like "whatever! slut!" or "you're ugly anyway" yelled at them at any point) the two weirdest reactions that come to mind now were 1) guy hits on me while i'm waiting to get a burger > tell him i have a gf (literal truth) > forced to listen to his 15 minute long very loud and too well thought out to be spontaneous?? speech about women lying to men about being lesbians?? because i already paid for my burger and couldn't leave without it. he tried to involve the burger place owner in this but she just gave him a weird look 2) there's a gathering > some 20 year old hits on me (i'm 14) > say i'm not interested > he keeps being pushy > "seriously, back off" > i start leaving with my friends, he follows me and starts yelling out random shit after me like "wow look at her she thinks she's so special", "wow i hate cocky girls" and passive aggressive stuff like that, after a while he says "your legs look really weird!" but at that point my legs were my absolute favourite part of my body and i was insecure about everything else so he literally managed to pick the ONE thing that couldn't upset me. so i just laughed, turned around and very seriously told him "i know. i have a birth defect". he just silently followed for a while longer until one of my friends yelled at him and then he stopped.
tho these are just the ones that satisfy the "in open space" and "making a scene" criteria. stuff in other conditions is usually less of a scene and more of just seriously creepy shit
deadoptimist said:
Though I think shit-flinging should also have standards - no personal, no behind the scenes.
May 31, 2016 2:28 AM

Apr 2009
Jou-dan said:
it's only harrassment if she gives obvious social cues that she doesn't want to talk to me, in which case I just say sorry for taking her time, and leave.l
basically this.
and i don't see what's so difficult about being polite about it.
even if she feels super uncomfortable about you approaching her, she will relax by a factor of 10 if you just say "oh sorry if i made you feel uncomfortable" and then you can part your ways on a chill note.
idk why people try to make rocket science out of this. 9/10 times if someone has an ehhhh reaction when you approach them it's not personal. they're just either 1) generally not into it 2) taken 3) not in the mood. getting rejected by a random stranger is not a personal attack
edit: as snuggly said, most people who are out are out for a reason and they're in a specific mindset that doesn't include flirting.
kawaiiyurisMay 31, 2016 2:32 AM
deadoptimist said:
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

44 by FanofAction »»
11 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - 4 hours ago

9 by vasipi4946 »»
38 minutes ago

» The level of NoLifer / NEET / Hiki you are?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

18 by creepylurker »»
52 minutes ago

Poll: » In the future there will be battles for love between species from other planets(theory)

Absurdo_N - 1 hour ago

3 by rohan121 »»
1 hour ago

» Is it a good idea to stay relatively anonymous online?

DesuMaiden - Apr 20

27 by creepylurker »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.