May 29, 2016 5:22 AM

Oct 2015
2nd time seeing this type of thread....

- Because anime has colors
- Because it moves and talks
- Because not all people enjoy reading

Is it so hard to understand?
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
May 29, 2016 5:26 AM

Mar 2015
Pretty much

-Color
-Movement
-Music
-Voices
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
May 29, 2016 5:28 AM

May 2016
Well i prefer to watch something instead of reading it. I was always good with reading but after all this years i've spent reading books i lost the interest in them so i prefer to watch something if i want to enjoy it..
May 29, 2016 5:31 AM

Aug 2014
One said:
2nd time seeing this type of thread....

- Because anime has colors
- Because it moves and talks
- Because not all people enjoy reading

Is it so hard to understand?
This threads appears atleast 2 times a month tbh.

But simply because anime requires you to do less and is generally easier to understand. Just try reading a manga with lots of fights in it, at times you'll be confused about what the hell just happened. Then go watch the fight in anime verison (if possible) and you'll suddenly realize just what happened so easily. That and anime got colors, music and VA! Regardless of how shitty/rushed the story is, people will probably still prefer it more overall for those 3 factors.
May 29, 2016 5:34 AM

Jun 2015
i prefer manga to anime because good stories are always coming out from mangas. it's pretty rare for an anime with the original story to be very good. but i do want my favorite mangas to be animated so if the story is the same i would prefer the anime version, maybe.
May 29, 2016 5:35 AM

May 2015
These threads appears atleast 2 a month, to be up front about it.

But simply because people are sometimes wrong...it's just life.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
May 29, 2016 5:39 AM
Dec 2015
There are certain shows I would rather watch because I think that seeing the action is a better experience. Generally speaking, however, I prefer manga now because I can sit through a volume or two in about an hour. An hour is generally 2 or so episodes so you can imagine how daunting starting a show like One Piece or Fairy Tail is like for me. I get to read and enjoy more content in a fairly good amount of time whilst still being able to discuss plots with my friends. In between work and my social life, manga is a better option for me.
May 29, 2016 5:53 AM

Apr 2014
i ike watching tv more than reading books and I carried it over to manga/anime. :]
May 29, 2016 5:53 AM
Jul 2014
I guess that anime is more complex experience. You can hear the characters, see them moving, it is in color, etc.

Even tho I like manga, I mostly pick anime to watch over reading manga, I am reading only 4 mangas. I find hard to find some series to get hooked on in manga. It goes that I watch anime and after that I continue the story with manga, if I feel like it.

And I dont find hard or not enjoyable to read books, I have read most of Pratchett's books and right now I am going wit Witcher and that is only in last 3 years.
May 29, 2016 5:54 AM

Feb 2015
Lol becuz i can't read for shit,i'm retarded
May 29, 2016 6:05 AM

Apr 2013
As far as enjoyment goes for me, (light) novels> manga> anime.

MAL is just a place where most peoples thinking the exact contrary of the above are gathering. It's not like it's a general opinion on the matter.
May 29, 2016 6:11 AM
Jul 2015
There are mangas that are better animated like action, sports and comedy etc.

I like to read the manga since they are complete in story and it doesn't take that long to complete reading. But sometimes you just won't understand or won't get the right feel when you don't see it moving.

And I agree with the others. Colors. Sound/music. And movement.

But I still love both. The thing I hate about animes is that they sometimes get trailed away from the main story
May 29, 2016 6:17 AM

May 2012
I'll try to provide an answer without repeating what others before me have already said. This is just a small part of a blog I've written about anime versus manga.

The main reason why I prefer anime over manga as a medium is because of the pivotal role imagination plays in any work of art, especially fiction. This is the most important in books, where the reader is given a lot of information, but is free to imagine anything that's not specifically written. While reading you imagine the characters and the world they're living in inside of your head, even hearing the voices you might find to suit the characters best after reading about their personality. Anime are on the other end of the spectrum. The viewer doesn't get the chance to imagine much else about the characters or the world because anime is a medium that puts much more importance on the visuals. Even the sound makes it impossible for viewers to think of a voice for specific characters. While this might seem like a negative aspect from a certain standpoint, it does allow the creators to tell the story completely like they want. Books and anime are two very different kinds of entertainment which give both sides, audience and creators, the chance to use their imagination to the fullest. Manga fall somewhere right in between these two and thus never achieve the same level of imagination utilized from either side. Both creator and audience are only challenged to use about half of their own imagination, while the other side takes care of the remaining fifty percent. Granted, there exist doujinshi that allow the fans to expand on the main story and use their own imagination while writing. However, these are of mostly dubious quality and they account only for a small part of the actual fanbase.
May 29, 2016 6:41 AM

Feb 2015
May 29, 2016 7:08 AM

Jul 2015
Anime has people moving around, sound, bright colors... it just helps more of your senses get involved.
Manga is for the weak.
May 29, 2016 7:16 AM

Aug 2015
Manga isn't addicting enough for me. :P

And you don't got music in manga.

May 29, 2016 7:25 AM

Jan 2014
The thing with anime, it is much easier to be involved in that certain medium. With all the streaming website, and accessibility to whole series though buying one BD, it is to start and maintain a hobby.

Manga is expensive, especially in the west. Of course there are streaming website and torrents for them, however its satisfaction can not be compared to owning physical copies.

Also, it's just preference. It is much easier to sit back and watch than to manually read and made up the scene with your imagination.
May 29, 2016 7:49 AM
Dec 2015
Manga is a really sub-par medium for doing anything with complex motion, e.g. martial arts, battling giant naked people with swords and grappling hooks, that shit they like to do with cherry-blossom petals, and the ilk. Anime also excels at provide more vibrant colours and being able to expand on the viewer's imagination with lighting and sound effects.

Manga trumps anime, though, with its ability to provide detail in rooms, settings, and subtle movements, like wind blowing through hair. Manga also doesn't impinge on the reader's imagining of how each character sounds and their intonations, the way anime does by providing the voice for you.

Examples: Vinland Saga would probably do well to become an anime with how intense its fight-scenes and are and how much sound there is throughout the books. Like, I'd definitely love to have the sounds of the various battles playing in the background as opposed to my A/C turning on.
Zetsubou Sensei should probably have been left as a manga due to the lack of complexity in its motions and the fact that there are too many details in each scene for an anime viewer to take in without pausing (yes, the blackboards). Also, the voices I thought up when reading it were a lot funnier than the ones they came up with in the show.
May 29, 2016 8:09 AM

Jun 2015
For me: Manga are Black and White, which I ignore very hard. The only comic I read in continuity was Civil war which was in colour so I could enjoy the gradients and shading more and since Anime isn't Black and White and doesn't always use Kanji for its Sound Effects and the Music and VA's give an emotion that comics/manga don't have. The only compromise for me is Light Novels but when I say Light Novels I think A-1 pictures and The asterisk war. But ignoring that plain text is better suited to challenging its adapted counterpart.
Short version: OP's, ED's, OST's and VA's make anime better than Manga but a straight up book might give anime a run for its money
"I have respect for those who have lived a full life."
- Decim (Death Parade)
"I want to deliver your eulogy."

- Otshepagetse

May 29, 2016 8:15 AM

Mar 2015
i am read manga more often that watch anime, but people prefer anime over manga is very understable... anime is supperior medium compare to manga after all...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 29, 2016 8:46 AM

Nov 2015
Anime is just easier to view and more exciting (paced action plus audio for zero effort), but I wouldnt say I prefer it 100% of the time, as manga (-and novel [yay, spice and wolf]) translations are usually further ahead of the Anime, more story but also depth, in most cases details from manga are simplifiied or reduced when transfered to anime format - I think Boku no Hero Acedemia is a great anime because it cover a lot of the source material even if it (or because it) slows the pace of the story advancement per episode, per manga chapter.

Source material is better in some ways but less....-robust(?) and accessible than anime.

Side Note: ...I'd rather have a new manga chapter for Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu released before the next episode, but damn if its gonna be 25eps in this season of course I'd prefer the anime even if I'd rather have it that the manga was already translated, instead of chrological order we got 5 chapters of the next arc translated goddamit. - and another thing - whats with all these seperate arc's "Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu: Dai-1 Shou - Outo no Ichinichi-hen, Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu: Dai-2 Shou - Yashiki no Isshuukan-hen, Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu: Dai-3 Shou - Truth of Zero" WHY NOT JUST ONE! - its Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei all over again and like hell am I gonna navigate that s***.
ZippyStickMay 29, 2016 9:15 AM
May 29, 2016 10:48 AM
Dec 2015
I actually like some manga more than the shows. If I started reading something I can't just switch over and watch it. Shows like berserk and even naruto just work better printed because it doesnt have to be adjusted for a TV audience. The darker elements and blood and maturity can be maintaned . On the other hand I can stream most of the shows I want on hulu or crunchyroll. I do not have the space or accessibility of just reading whatever manga I am interested in and having shelves on shelves of books on top of all of the other stuff I read. It is an efficiency thing in summation.
May 29, 2016 10:50 AM

Jan 2015
Because they like to read and watch manga pictures :3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

May 29, 2016 10:55 AM

Feb 2016
I like both, but anime is just livelier with all the colors and actual movements.
May 29, 2016 11:00 AM

Jul 2013
In my case, I prefer anime because it gives movement, sound and color to the work, giving it life. Don't mean it's necessarily better than manga, however.
May 29, 2016 11:20 AM

May 2012
Why would anyone prefer manga over anime ?!

Manga = No colors, no movement, no voice. Just read bunch of texts with colorless drawing

Anime = colors, movement, voice acting.

When one punch man ended, I tried to read the manga but I stopped after few chapters. Anime is way more entertaining.

Even if anime is badly adapted, it would be still more entertaining than reading manga.
May 29, 2016 11:37 AM

Jan 2016
Most manga are slower paced than the corresponding anime. Also, there's sound and color.

But reading a physical copy is also nice.
May 29, 2016 11:47 AM

Oct 2015
I prefer anime because it simply has more to offer in nearly every aspect.
May 29, 2016 12:38 PM

Oct 2015
Cause you don't have to move your fingers watching anime(most of the time), and anime has sounds, colours and it's moving.
By the way, sometimes original source does way better job. For examples, Berserk, One piece, Tokyo Ghoul and TLR.
May 29, 2016 7:57 PM

May 2016
Watching anime is faster obviously and some people prefer watching than reading. Plus anime has music and sometimes awesome voice actors.
"It's not like I wanted a signature or anything...BAKA!" - A MAL user.
May 29, 2016 9:13 PM

Jan 2014
Because anime is simply better. Unlike books were imagination plays a huge role, manga already provides most visual material, so imagination plays a far lesser role.

Anime therefore becomes an improvement on the ready-made visual material, adding colour, motion and sound. Actions are presented in better clarity, both voice acting and soundtrack make for greater emotional and comedic impact as well. In all those categories for enjoyment, anime is preferable.

Till this day, the most I have seen anyone attempt to provide for why manga would be better are the ability to read faster, which is irrelevant for one taking their time to follow a series anyway.
Also greater variety which is irrelevant because the comparison is between the same series in different formats.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
May 29, 2016 9:18 PM
Aug 2010
Some manga are hard to follow (fight scenes), it can be harder to find good translations of manga, voice acting, music, more color... there are a plethora of reasons. But manga is nice because the reader can control the pace.
まぁ、全部嘘だけどね。
May 29, 2016 9:31 PM

Mar 2016
I just think a lot more prefer watching than reading. Maybe not in Japan though.
May 29, 2016 9:38 PM

Jul 2015
Watching anime is much more entertaining than reading manga (well at least for me). That doesn't mean that I don't like reading manga. I love reading manga. The stories are usually better than the anime adaptation and they're usually ahead of the anime, which is why I like reading manga. However, with that being said, I like seeing the characters and the overall story come to life. I like hearing their voices, I like seeing the colors, the soundtracks, etc etc. Anime is much more entertaining than manga, but mangas are still satisfying as well. Usually with manga, I have to imagine the scenes, but with anime you don't really need to because they already show the scenes step by step. ya feel?

RaginCajun said:
Watching anime is faster obviously and some people prefer watching than reading.

Umm I'm pretty sure reading the manga is much faster than watching anime :$

caught in the wonder
May 29, 2016 9:43 PM
Sep 2013
SenseiStar said:
I just think a lot more prefer watching than reading. Maybe not in Japan though.

I would say it is because language barrier.

Japanese can understand tone and atmosphere in Manga which sometimes lost when it is translated.Anime can compensate those factors with voices and music.
May 29, 2016 10:27 PM

Jun 2008
Doujins > manga > anime

So there you go.
May 30, 2016 5:51 AM
Nov 2014
Anime is more enjoyable,manga is sill good too
May 30, 2016 6:01 AM

Jul 2015
it's like ask to a kid which he prefer
of course he would pick anime which have good visual

but i myself prefer read than watch
Well Duh...

May 30, 2016 6:05 AM

Jan 2015
Nowadays ...... Manga>>>>>>>>>>>>>Anime, cuz almost all the time anime adaptations sucks.... (Sousei no Omnyoji/ Tokyo Ghoul)
May 30, 2016 7:55 AM

Mar 2015
Anime
-Sound
-Visualization
-Fan-service
-Requires less effort

Manga
-Faster than anime adaptions
-More in-depth/detailed at times
-Original source
May 30, 2016 8:38 AM

Dec 2015
I think buying or reading manga, in comparison to anime, is a hassle. It may be prettier than anime, but manga is expensive and is harder to find for free online.
May 30, 2016 9:22 AM

Apr 2016
aside from the fact the internet connection at my place is so fucking slow which makes it pretty unenjoyable to read mangas online, yea it's a lot harder for me to process what the characters were really doing in the manga, especially in shonen ones. I'm such a shitty imaginer. although there are times where reading the manga is better than watching the anime.
May 30, 2016 9:33 AM

Dec 2012
Because black and white static images are inferior to colored moving images with sound effects, voices, and and music.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

May 30, 2016 9:48 AM

Jun 2012
Basically anime is an upgraded version of manga....so most of us prefer anime

KEK
May 30, 2016 10:05 AM

Apr 2015
Depends on preferences. for me, I prefer manga for story and characters and animee for actions scenes and soundtrack.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 30, 2016 12:03 PM

Feb 2014
i love manga but chapters come out once a month...whereas anime eps air once a week.
like it took me over a year to finish one manga so that's pretty off-putting imo
May 30, 2016 12:24 PM

Jan 2016
I prefer manga over anime, i don't have any problem to imagine the voices and the sequence of an action manga if the panel disposition is good.
Some manga like Vagabond, Blade of the Immortal, Sanctuary, Kokou no Hito ecc... have a really detailed art and without a really big budget they can't give justice to the source.

Anyway it's my impression or we don't have any adaptation of a completed manga/LN recently, just ongoing manga/LN to improve the sales.
Johnnyd3rpMay 30, 2016 12:49 PM
May 30, 2016 12:49 PM

Dec 2015
I don't. In fact it would be the opposite for me if I'd to be honest..
Action based stories are better off in Anime while almost all the other genres are more enjoyable/detailed in Manga but hey that's just me ^_^
Iroha-chanMay 30, 2016 12:53 PM
May 30, 2016 1:00 PM
May 2016
I think it's because people mainly prefer anime because it feels more alive, I personally like anime and manga both, but sometimes I do prefer manga probably because I'm a bookworm.
May 30, 2016 1:27 PM

May 2015
can you not answer this question yourself in 30 seconds?
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Credit cards companies are forcing the Hentai industry

Dije - 10 hours ago

41 by LostSpectre »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » Bare feet or pantyhoses?

Absurdo_N - 7 hours ago

17 by LostSpectre »»
7 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

40 by traed »»
18 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

176 by ISeeLifePeople »»
23 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

89 by FanofAction »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.