Forum Settings
Forums

Is there something wrong with the education system nowdays?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 2, 2016 5:06 AM

May 2016
Just with the south and the bible thumping states.
Jun 2, 2016 6:57 AM

Feb 2016
Here-Hear said:

Edit: If you want your children to see any success, sign them into a public charter school that isn't under the same draining authority of district public schools and hope the lottery of getting in is in your favor.

Highly dependent on what area you're in. Some places charter schools are a boon and are better than the public schools. Other places they're worse or comparable, or are a drain on the public school system and one of the causes of the public schools being underfunded or bad. Here in Maryland the charter schools actively take away from the public school funds and resources and don't provide any greater value. A lot of them are terrible things like Montessori schools that don't provide any actual education but make their neo hippy parents feel good.

Back in Arizona the charter schools were pretty much on the level of public and I didn't hear anything overwhelmingly good or bad about them. Mostly they were there so certain parents (like my sister and one of my DnD friends) could just keep moving their kids between them until one of them finally said "ok, your decidedly average child can go into our gifted program so you can continue to pretend he's special."

I've heard that some places like NY have good charter school systems, though.
Jun 2, 2016 2:35 PM

May 2015
Flevalt said:
Let's be honest, almost everything taught in school is useless in everyday life as well as for your future.

What you are learning in school:
- History. The name should be an implication as to where it belongs. In the past.
- Fairy tale stories about an invisible man in the sky.
- How to be a grammar nazi at your native tongue. You can even name all of the kinds of words and sentence structures with their fancy latin or greek names and know how to rhyme for poetry, good for you!
- Biology in case you ever need to learn how the rectum of a snail works
- Chemistry in case you ever consider to study chemistry just to drop out after the first semester
- Physics so that you can feel like Thomas Edison
- How to play an instrument amateurishly
- How to draw amateurishly
- At the very least 1 more language aside from your mother tongue so that you can tell others just how highly you think of yourself in as many languages as possible

What you should be learning in school:
- Your country's laws. In the real world you either know the laws or you are the one to draw from the short end of the stick if you are ignorant about anything.

- Medicine. You can go learn about first aid and what to do in emergency situations of your own free will, great. But the most important thing in life is people's health. If that's not something important enough to make obligatory, then nothing else is.

- How economics work. The entire world runs on money and economics.

- Information Technology. It doesn't matter where you plan to work in the near future, you'll have to deal with computers or anything based on or infused with any kind of digital technology.

What makes you think these subjects are all so useless? Is life nothing but practical things?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jun 2, 2016 2:55 PM

Apr 2014
I think there is but it's not the 'muh i don't need maths in real life!!!!!! algebra is dumb!!!' that teenagers would have you believe.
Jun 3, 2016 3:12 AM

Mar 2016
the whole education system need to be changed here , my grandmother was visiting my family and she entered my room while i was studying and she was like " Oh my , i still remember this lesson" , not really surprised as my mother said she was taking the same things in her time... the point is that the world changes and our education system is the same as it was at our grandparents time...
Jun 3, 2016 4:00 AM

Mar 2014
Absolutely

The Swedish school system has been shit ever since the beginning of the 90s

I'm not too hooked on the French school system either
J said:
Yes, it needs segregation by gender and ability.

Anita Sarkeesian is that you?
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Jun 3, 2016 4:47 AM
Apr 2013
I'd be very surprised if there was anyone who thought there's nothing wrong with the education system at all...

In fact I'm probably one of the people who's least critical of it but I'm far from saying it's perfect or even nearly perfect.
Feb 27, 2018 2:44 AM
Feb 2018
One of the main issues on the agenda now. It seems to me that it is worth noting an inherent feature of this problem - this is happening all over the world. On occasion, I even bought myself an interesting essay on the problems of the modern education system worldwide as a brief overview of Ken Robinson's presentation. Also, when I was in college, I understood the degradation of the youth due to the state's irresponsibility. In my opinion, it is necessary to develop oneself, to engage in self-development and self-education and to count in most cases only on oneself, to possibly become an autodidact in the future.
Mar 1, 2018 1:45 AM

Aug 2015
Yes, it doesn't cater to people who have different study paces or methods. Visual learners might find it hard. Impaired students might find it hard, the system here (AUS) isn't catered to people like that.

❝ falling sick on a journey
my dream wanders around
fields of dry grass. ❞
()
Aug 15, 2018 7:09 AM
Aug 2018
It is definitely broken. I ask only one question nowadays and that's where can i pay someone to write my essay that will satisfy my needs. I really hope that colleges all around the world will realize that students need more help. That they need someone to show them the right way.
Dec 12, 2018 3:15 AM
Dec 2018
Years of college studying teach me only a math, math and mathematics again. Useless years were. All home tasks were done by services. I hadn't any time and wish for the writing of texts that never be in a work practice.
LawrenceMaurerDec 27, 2018 1:34 AM
Dec 12, 2018 4:06 AM

Oct 2010
in the past humanity had a more common goal (improving as a whole) and a government worker would have more interest in being good at his job

nowadays the world is a lot more personalized and people don't have the same interest as before cause everyone is having an existential crisis and people realized that they don't matter and nobody cares so teachers don't really take their jobs as seriously (not all but the majority) and they don't respect their students as people as much as before as well cus they have their own problems

in general the world has changed cus there are so many people so individuals feel less important and that's why they don't GANBATTEEEEEEEE as hard as before
lots of music -
Dec 12, 2018 4:16 AM

Nov 2018
Parents and teachers emphasizing on scores too much and little parenting at home. Education be making humans as smart tools for work. And yeah we have lots of competition, it's hard to realize that you need to compete and work hard when education keeps on this trend.

If anyone's still in university, that's the real time for education: your schedule and your pace you can actually learn both academic and real world, so very unlike schools.
Dec 12, 2018 11:47 AM

Apr 2018
In my country, the educational system has been getting worse for years; But these last two years have been the last straw, with so many professors leaving the country, crime increasing, the inflation that makes the monthly allowance of teachers enough to request rest as an excuse to not teach. My classmates are running away, not because they consider the education system lousy, but simply lazy to make an effort, so there really is no real contribution to the future of my country.

As a student, I feel frustrated as I have to go to class every day just to waste my time because, or the teachers do not come or just pass the assistance and then they go to have coffee. And, to make matters worse, the education system is complicit in the handling of drugs, prostitution and crime that happens within institutions. I've had a lot of discussions with the school board about these very strong topics, and all they do is spit in my face without caring a bit about the quality of the student.

On few occasions the school board has taken measures to "retain" these problems. But what they do is to further stimulate the savagery and cannibalism that is experienced daily.

At least, you have good reasons why the education system is wrong. My motives seem pretty ridiculous to believe.

You and the rose are connected. Know the weight of your own life
Dec 13, 2018 8:00 AM

Aug 2018
I'm not sure I would guess there's a huge debate about kids overusing technology for example
Dec 13, 2018 12:28 PM

Nov 2018
The current educational system is pure indoctrination. Educational systems should for all intents and purposes be 100% individual as we're all different, but for some (((strange reason))) it's done collectively and is really dumbed-down.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » In the future there will be battles for love between species from other planets(theory)

Absurdo_N - 8 hours ago

8 by DoctorWasabi »»
14 seconds ago

Poll: » Do you pay attention to forum signatures?

PostMahouShoujo - 56 minutes ago

5 by Ejrodiew »»
53 seconds ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

674 by Hitagi__Furude »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » the future of AI girlfriend technology

deg - 5 hours ago

16 by L0bsterman »»
8 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Apr 18

46 by _Nette_ »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.