Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 28, 2016 12:26 PM
Jun 2015
this is a manga with 15 volume. it's a french manga. it have been created in 2013 by Reno Lemaire.
i wish someone can add it cause i love this manga.

thank's
Poupoulee76
May 28, 2016 3:03 PM

Mar 2015
poupoulee76 said:
it's a french manga.

this should be obvious if you read the guideline...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 28, 2016 3:05 PM

Feb 2015
Dreamland is also an old abandoned theme park in Japan right? 6.6

But thanks.
Jun 2, 2016 7:59 AM

Jan 2010
Kuma said:
poupoulee76 said:
it's a french manga.

It's really not that obvious, since the Guidelines say so long as it is in print and published by a reputable publisher it can be on MAL. That alone means Dreamland should be in the MAL database yet because this work is French it doesn't make the cut. Here is what I can tell you about Dreamland; it is in print and is published by a reputable publisher, which it states very clearly here in the MAL Manga Guidelines. So if you could please show me where it states in the guidelines French Manga cannot be on MAL?

*Edit here is some information on the publisher Pika Edition
logic340Jun 2, 2016 8:06 AM
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Jun 2, 2016 8:02 AM

Mar 2015
logic340 said:
Kuma said:

It's really not that obvious, since the Guidelines say so long as it is published by a reputable publisher it can be on MAL. Yet because this work is French it doesn't make the cut, though it is in print and published by a reputable publisher. Which it states very clearly here in the MAL Manga Guidelines

dude, it's not even japanese manga...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 2, 2016 8:18 AM

Jan 2010
Kuma said:
logic340 said:
It's really not that obvious, since the Guidelines say so long as it is published by a reputable publisher it can be on MAL. Yet because this work is French it doesn't make the cut, though it is in print and published by a reputable publisher. Which it states very clearly here in the MAL Manga Guidelines

Korean (manhwa) and Chinese (Manhua) aren't Japanese manga either but they are allowed here on MAL. in the case of Dreamland (Manfra) but we're talking about the guidelines and what disqualifies something from being allowed into the database. I was told it's because it's considered OLE (original Language something or other), but it fits all the points in Section I: Manga Additions of the MAL Guidelines. I'm not trying to argue with you as I gave up trying to get it into MAL but I'm still curious why it fits the guidelines and isn't allowed in.

Maybe because it's not produced for the Asian market is the answer, as is the case with Wakfu (French anime) and other series that were made for American audiences like Voltron Fleet of Doom Movie.

Jun 2, 2016 8:29 AM

Mar 2015
logic340 said:
Kuma said:

Korean (manhwa) and Chinese (Manhua) aren't Japanese manga either but they are allowed here on MAL. in the case of Dreamland (Manfra) but we're talking about the guidelines and what disqualifies something from being allowed into the database. I was told it's because it's considered OLE, but it fits all the points in Section I: Manga Additions of the MAL Guidelines. I'm not trying to argue with you as I gave up trying to get it into MAL but just curious why it fits the guidelines and isn't allowed in.

Maybe because it's not produced for the Asian market is the answer, as is the case with Wakfu (French anime) and other series that were made for American audiences like Voltron Fleet of Doom Movie.

i don't really launguage master is this part... it should be answerd by databese mods, only answering because some older post i ever read
because they are sharing same kanji of it (manga, manhwa, and manhua) and that's also apply to anime databese.. that it happened to many anime site as well, not only mal.. it simply it's not originaly published in japan/korea/china (french comic)..
Jun 2, 2016 9:27 AM

Jan 2010
Kuma said:

i don't really launguage master is this part... it should be answerd by databese mods, only answering because some older post i ever read
because they are sharing same kanji of it (manga, manhwa, and manhua) and that's also apply to anime databese.. that it happened to many anime site as well, not only mal.. it simply it's not originaly published in japan/korea/china (french comic)..
So yeah same as with the anime database then as I though since it's not created for the Asian community MAL doesn't include it. I don't know if it's been translated into any Asian languages either. Scanlation groups are how I learned about it as it isn't published in English either. Thanks for the chat it has enlightened me.

Mar 2, 2017 9:46 PM
Mar 2017
Reading the guideline, and I quote : "Only manga published by reputable publishing companies will be admitted to the manga database"
Pika Edition is a french publishing company, but perfectly valid as so.

The problem here is nothing in the guideline explicitely forbid mangas from other countries than japan (the chinese and korean exceptions are pointed as a proper genre, but that's all), and where it begins to get tricky is : what is a manga, after all ?

And the precise definition of manga as so in MAL isn't in the guideline, so if it's mandatory to be from Japan, okay Dreamland's place isn't here, but otherwise if the definition is just a comic partially or no colored at all, readable from right to left and respecting the story codes of the editing targets like seinen (young adults and adults), nekketsu (or shonen, teenager and male children), Shojou etc .... then Dreamland is a french nekketsu published by Pika Edition, written and drawn by the french mangaka Reno Lemaire, and deserve to be on MAL.

The question remain open I think, and to be honest, as a big fan of this work, I really want it to be considered here as a real manga, no more, no less.
Mar 4, 2017 3:25 AM

Mar 2015
PixelKuma said:
Reading the guideline, and I quote : "Only manga published by reputable publishing companies will be admitted to the manga database"
Pika Edition is a french publishing company, but perfectly valid as so.

The problem here is nothing in the guideline explicitely forbid mangas from other countries than japan (the chinese and korean exceptions are pointed as a proper genre, but that's all), and where it begins to get tricky is : what is a manga, after all ?

And the precise definition of manga as so in MAL isn't in the guideline, so if it's mandatory to be from Japan, okay Dreamland's place isn't here, but otherwise if the definition is just a comic partially or no colored at all, readable from right to left and respecting the story codes of the editing targets like seinen (young adults and adults), nekketsu (or shonen, teenager and male children), Shojou etc .... then Dreamland is a french nekketsu published by Pika Edition, written and drawn by the french mangaka Reno Lemaire, and deserve to be on MAL.

The question remain open I think, and to be honest, as a big fan of this work, I really want it to be considered here as a real manga, no more, no less.

database is strictly guided by geographical division since it easier and left little confussion...

there are lot of japanese manga didn't have certain demographic either, neither it colorless...
Mar 5, 2017 7:52 PM
Mar 2017
So if I understand correctly, for now it's hopeless despite the quality of this nekketsu ? :S

Because to be perfectly honest, it's one of the best I know in the genre of the action aventure, I even put it right beside some of the big classical like One Piece or Hunter Hunter in my favorite list, that's how good it is.

I know, personnal taste, and it can't weight much in the balance, but I truly think this manga deserve to be known and shared, especially in the anglophone community.
And for that the visibility granted by MAL would have been great, but it's not possible for now, never mind. It's own quality will be enough for him to be one day part of the big boys, I'm convinced in that.
Mar 6, 2017 4:51 AM

Mar 2015
PixelKuma said:
So if I understand correctly, for now it's hopeless despite the quality of this nekketsu ? :S

Because to be perfectly honest, it's one of the best I know in the genre of the action aventure, I even put it right beside some of the big classical like One Piece or Hunter Hunter in my favorite list, that's how good it is.

I know, personnal taste, and it can't weight much in the balance, but I truly think this manga deserve to be known and shared, especially in the anglophone community.
And for that the visibility granted by MAL would have been great, but it's not possible for now, never mind. It's own quality will be enough for him to be one day part of the big boys, I'm convinced in that.

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=47908

use baka update since their rule is more lax and their database is comunity build instead by moderating...
Mar 6, 2017 1:02 PM
Mar 2017
Kuma said:

https://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=47908

use baka update since their rule is more lax and their database is comunity build instead by moderating...

Smells like love around here ;)
But I will check it, just for sport ^^
Nov 13, 2022 6:21 PM

Mar 2021
Up

Hi, French too, and I agree I would like to see it here, or maybe when it will be recognize and edited by the japanese people, its pretty big here with 21 volumes, the biggest french manga at this moment ^^
He's really inspired by One piece, and it's a manga, who cares if it's not "japanese", respect please
And its getting an anime adaption soon !

I know there's also Outlaw players, who's gonna be edited in Japan soon, so this one should be added here for sure !
Also Tsugumi project, french but it's a japanese author.

_
Edit for the guys below, lazy to make an answer for those reactions... :

"it won't be added" why not, it's going to be edited, in Japan, so known by the japanese readers soon.

"not a manga" have you a brain ? Have you seen it first before talking ? What is it then ? You maybe know better than me ?
Its a manga... it's right to left, in black and white, small format, all the manga codes, same price etc
And like people said, there's mangas from other countries than Japan here and you don't question it, so why not France ? I feel so disrespected, discrimination ? Thanks for supporting our work...

Im not mad but a little, I feel like you guys don't care, I thought between anime and manga fans we can understand and respect each other, even if we are from different cultures, and share our work
But well it's not the end of the world it's just a website. It's just the fact that you're obsessed to not allow anything other than "blabla it has to be Japanese, true manga are from this country only so shut up"...
Some of you need to be more open mind =/
SerahKyuNov 27, 2022 7:55 PM
Nov 13, 2022 10:19 PM

Jan 2017
SerahKyu said:
it's a manga, who cares if it's not "japanese"

That's not how it works.

SerahKyu said:
who's gonna be edited in Japan soon

Doesn't matter for MAL , it won't be added.
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... & hungry."
– Alexioos95.
Nov 24, 2022 8:31 AM

Nov 2013
SerahKyu said:
and it's a manga, who cares if it's not "japanese", respect please

>"Who cares"
>"respect please"
Anyway, it's not a manga in the first place, so your whole premise is false.
You all need to watch Nami.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Manga DB - Post Modifications/Duplicates Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aarana - Jan 4, 2009

7684 by Una_Sama89 »»
3 hours ago

Sticky: » Manga DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

130 by Barbaduk »»
Yesterday, 10:28 AM

» Surprising Manga Still Needs Approval

Uutama - Apr 19

0 by Uutama »»
Apr 19, 1:01 AM

» TO THE ADMINISTRATORS OF MAL! BIBLIOMANIA!

carhs14 - Aug 12, 2023

11 by jere344 »»
Apr 18, 7:52 PM

» Pending approval items

Marrzo - Apr 17

0 by Marrzo »»
Apr 17, 12:20 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.