Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 28, 2016 10:10 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
from the few vids ive watched he doesn't really say anything that no one here has said and hes way too whiny for me

idgaf about analysis and i love generic anime and he hates it, so ofc i don't care to watch him, but then again i don't read or listen to reviews at all

as a person who doesn't really call any anime shit, its annoying to see people call everything they don't like bad
May 28, 2016 10:34 PM

Dec 2015
Mamster-P said:
i love generic anime and he hates it, so ofc i don't care to watch him, but then again i don't read or listen to reviews at all

Digibro's favorite anime series are more generic than your favorite anime series tbh.
I still think he can well articulate his point of view on various series, but that doesn't really mean his taste is any better or worse than someone else's
Banner credit to @turnip
May 28, 2016 10:37 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
KonaKoffee said:
Mamster-P said:
i love generic anime and he hates it, so ofc i don't care to watch him, but then again i don't read or listen to reviews at all

Digibro's favorite anime series are more generic than your favorite anime series tbh.
I still think he can well articulate his point of view on various series, but that doesn't really mean his taste is any better or worse than someone else's

are they really? i only looked at his page once

lol you know me against ppl who whine though.. and he whines

he makes a video:

"why good anime is hard to make"......

but... whats "good"? anime HE likes?
May 28, 2016 10:49 PM

Dec 2015
Mamster-P said:

he makes a video:

Most anime reviewers whine about pointless shit except for two (yall know who), but some of his analysis are interesting to listen to.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Digibro?q=digibro

obviously both hunter x hunter and kill la kill are some of my all time favorites, but imo the rest of his favorites are just as generic (or more generic) as what most other people like.
It's not a bad thing at all, and there are some generic ass shows that even I still loved watching.

As long as he doesn't act like an obnoxious edgelord who says shit because they're like "herpy derp, I offend people because being offensive is such funny" then I can't really get annoyed by some of the shit he says about anime.

At the same time I see people who hang on every single word he says, or what any other anime reviewer says, and try to replace their own opinions with theirs.
-_- just watch your freaking animu and love/hate whatever the hell it is people! lol
KonaKoffeeMay 28, 2016 11:00 PM
Banner credit to @turnip
May 29, 2016 7:17 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
KonaKoffee said:
Mamster-P said:

he makes a video:

Most anime reviewers whine about pointless shit except for two (yall know who), but some of his analysis are interesting to listen to.

http://myanimelist.net/profile/Digibro?q=digibro

obviously both hunter x hunter and kill la kill are some of my all time favorites, but imo the rest of his favorites are just as generic (or more generic) as what most other people like.
It's not a bad thing at all, and there are some generic ass shows that even I still loved watching.

As long as he doesn't act like an obnoxious edgelord who says shit because they're like "herpy derp, I offend people because being offensive is such funny" then I can't really get annoyed by some of the shit he says about anime.

At the same time I see people who hang on every single word he says, or what any other anime reviewer says, and try to replace their own opinions with theirs.
-_- just watch your freaking animu and love/hate whatever the hell it is people! lol

i'll never understand those who meatride others, im actually really happy to see that most ppl don't "agree" with him, but i guess people like to watch others complain....

well i haven't watched him much no do i care to, but he has all the right to whine all he wants xD

yea.... live and let live, whining online about how you're hard to please is not going to change anything, nor should it, anime is entertainment, not your science homework
May 29, 2016 7:23 AM

Dec 2015
He's fine, I haven't seen a lot of his videos but he does seem like a pretty intelligent guy and he does make some good points.
May 29, 2016 7:46 AM

May 2014
Jou-dan said:
do you think he's right most of the time, makes stuff up, projects too much? what do you think of him?

I personally think he makes too many long videos. I'm not gonna sit there for 6 hours listening to what he thinks about Erased

I also think he makes a lot of interesting points about shows, but he presents his feelings about things as fact way too much, lol

I get the strong sense that he has a bit of a "moe weakness"
So he is prone to giving Moe Blob shows more praise than they really deserve.
Otherwise, pretty accurate.
There’s no such thing as miracles, only the inevitable, the accidental
and the things we do.
May 29, 2016 8:04 AM

Oct 2015
El_Psy said:
Jou-dan said:
do you think he's right most of the time, makes stuff up, projects too much? what do you think of him?

I personally think he makes too many long videos. I'm not gonna sit there for 6 hours listening to what he thinks about Erased

I also think he makes a lot of interesting points about shows, but he presents his feelings about things as fact way too much, lol

And how much praise do they deserve?

Likewise I see lots of people here blindly praising shows based on different superficial factors such as "it's 'serious'" or "it's mature".

(obviously I'm not bashing "serious" or "mature" anime here for the reading comprehension people)
May 29, 2016 8:11 AM

Oct 2014
Here, an opinion on why Digi overhypes his shows

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

But does the heart have the right perspective?
May 29, 2016 8:24 AM

Oct 2015
KoreaWS said:
Here, an opinion on why Digi overhypes his shows

Once again I cannot at all take TAS even slightly seriously. Just in the first 6 seconds TAS accuses Digibro of being "pretentious", which coming from TAS? Oh, the irony.

Also TAS' constant accusations of pedophilia are borderline SJW. Even as a "moe fan" myself I dislike the way Digibro overanalyses slice of life anime like K-on, and yes, Digi is pretentious in this sense, but TAS' "slamdown" falls flat because it's based on memes and baseless accusations.

"Because nobody has a problem with moe" Erm, almost everybody has a problem with moe! You don't have to look around on the internet for long to find that "moe is the cancer killing anime" is by far the most popular and acceptable position to have, at least on western discussion boards.
May 29, 2016 8:32 AM

Feb 2015
Dere boring iz di only thing i can say
May 29, 2016 8:51 AM

Oct 2014
Lobinde said:
El_Psy said:

Likewise I see lots of people here blindly praising shows based on different superficial factors such as "it's 'serious'" or "it's mature".

(obviously I'm not bashing "serious" or "mature" anime here for the reading comprehension people)

Is that not the same with Shows that use Superficial Elements to look Mature?
May 29, 2016 8:54 AM

Oct 2015
Bourmegar said:
Lobinde said:

Yeah, pretty much, thing is people will praise such superficial elements because they are mistaken into thinking that appearing mature is the same as actually being mature.
May 29, 2016 8:56 AM

Oct 2014
Lobinde said:

"Because nobody has a problem with moe"

Take that phrase (or all the phrases really) in the context of what digi is saying. He's using sarcasm to relay the message.

Silly? Yeah, Snob is cringeworthy a lot of times. I do agree with his points there.
It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; What is essential is invisible to the eye.

May 29, 2016 8:58 AM

Jun 2015
I've just seen a couple of videos from him but they were enough.

He just tries to please all of his watchers as much as he can, he never goes too in-depth, reiterates about unimportant things and incorporates relativism to his discourse at his convenience. The worst of it all is that he's dishonest, it is just another snob pretending not to be one. His constant condescending tone makes it quite clear.
May 29, 2016 9:05 AM

Oct 2014
KonaKoffee said:

Most anime reviewers whine about pointless shitl

That is Called being Nit-picky.

Yh I watch his Vids but even I do not always agree with him especially with his Erased and Boring taste Vids.
I find Erased to be a pretty good show until the Disappointing ending.

However, the Likes of Glassreflection and Bobsamurai just seem to be more trustworthy.

Mamster-P said:

he makes a video:

well yes but also Anime that can be liked by:
- ppl from outside the Anime Comunity/Non Otakus
- Veterans in Anime

And can also be liked without others finding Ciritcal flaws in them (Personal preferences are not a flaw).
Shows kinda Like Bebop, Gintama and etc.
May 29, 2016 9:06 AM

Oct 2015
KoreaWS said:
Snob is cringeworthy a lot of times.

I guess Snob and Digi are birds of a feather then, because they can both be cringeworthy (snob with his obnoxious GAR fanboyism and tryhard /a/ attitude, and digi with his overanalysis of simple shows).

They should get a room already.
May 29, 2016 9:11 AM

Oct 2014
Lobinde said:
KoreaWS said:
Snob is cringeworthy a lot of times.

Welcome to one of the biggest ships in the anime community. DigiXSnob is real.

May 29, 2016 9:12 AM

Oct 2014
Lobinde said:
Bourmegar said:

Yeah, pretty much, thing is people will praise such superficial elements because they are mistaken into thinking that appearing mature is the same as actually being mature.

Yh and then there are such posts that say that Anime is not for kids while showing the likes of TG or Akame ga kill while Shows like Bebop or Mushishi ectually are Mature.

I highly DISAGREE with such posts, Anime is for kid, Teen, Adolecent and Mature crowds thus for everyone who likes anime.

If I wanted to make such a post I would make it like "Anime is for everyone" while showing Mushishi, Bebop, Gintama, Toradora, One punch man and etc
May 29, 2016 9:13 AM

Oct 2014
KoreaWS said:
Lobinde said:

wait is JoeyxEinshine not the biggest ship?
May 29, 2016 9:21 AM

Dec 2015
Mamster-P said:

i'll never understand those who meatride others, im actually really happy to see that most ppl don't "agree" with him, but i guess people like to watch others complain....

well i haven't watched him much no do i care to, but he has all the right to whine all he wants xD

yea.... live and let live, whining online about how you're hard to please is not going to change anything, nor should it, anime is entertainment, not your science homework

"anime is entertainment, not your science homework", lemme get a bumper sticker for that plz.
lol but seriously, I may enjoy shows that are in depth or delve deeper into the subject at hand, but the reason why I do is because I think they are fun to watch. I don't watch anime to feel or get "smarter", that's what I do at my university -_-.

But go back to your first statement, it's actually pretty frustrating when I see people change their views to be inline with theirs. For example, I watched his SAO "rant" video because I thought it was funny, nothing more. However, I have seen people criticize SAO on these threads and often times when someone ask them "well why do you not like SAO" they're response is to post his SAO rant video, or quote digibro's comments about SAO.

It's one thing to agree with his point of views or even understand where he is coming from, but if you are going to have an opinion about whatever the fuck it is then it is best that opinion comes from your own thoughts. -_- common sense yall, common sense.

Also @Bourmegar, +1 for bobsamurai. Like I said before, I don't watch a lot of anime reviewers but imo he gives the best overall reviews. Next comes blackcriticguy for me because he's highly entertaining, and even though his taste differs from mine I enjoy hearing his positive and negative statements of whatever show/movie/anything he is discussing. (Plus we both have similar opinions on bakemonogatari, which is a lot less common than you'd think). -_-
KonaKoffeeMay 29, 2016 9:27 AM
Banner credit to @turnip
May 29, 2016 9:26 AM

Aug 2015
Digibro doesn't like my favorite animu,

Therefore, Digibro is shit.....!
May 29, 2016 9:30 AM

Dec 2015
Z-Dante said:
Digibro doesn't like my favorite animu,

Therefore, Digibro is shit.....!

oh yas.
this some real shit yo, fucking real ass shit.
Banner credit to @turnip
May 29, 2016 9:46 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
@Bourmegar

Most anime reviewers whine about pointless shitl[/quote]

my issues are the "it should change cause im tired of it, or don't like" people and thats how he comes off to me and many of the especially more recent anime watchers seem to as well

KonaKoffee said:

"anime is entertainment, not your science homework", lemme get a bumper sticker for that plz.
lol but seriously, I may enjoy shows that are in depth or delve deeper into the subject at hand, but the reason why I do is because I think they are fun to watch. I don't watch anime to feel or get "smarter", that's what I do at my university -_-.

But go back to your first statement, it's actually pretty frustrating when I see people change their views to be inline with theirs. For example, I watched his SAO "rant" video because I thought it was funny, nothing more. However, I have seen people criticize SAO on these threads and often times when someone ask them "well why do you not like SAO" they're response is to post his SAO rant video, or quote digibro's comments about SAO.

It's one thing to agree with his point of views or even understand where he is coming from, but if you are going to have an opinion about whatever the fuck it is then it is best that opinion comes from your own thoughts. -_- common sense yall, common sense.

Also @Bourmegar, +1 for bobsamurai. Like I said before, I don't watch a lot of anime reviewers but imo he gives the best overall reviews. Next comes blackcriticguy for me because he's highly entertaining, and even though his taste differs from mine I enjoy hearing his positive and negative statements of whatever show/movie/anything he is discussing. (Plus we both have similar opinions on bakemonogatari, which is a lot less common than you'd think). -_-

I don't see why anyone would watch anime to become smarter lol, but apparently some ppl think it does that xD

SAO has both a hate train and a hype train..... both are annoying but the hate train is worse.. cause yea, i think i've said 100x why i hate hate trains... i didn't even originally know how popular SAO was till long after the show ended lol, i hate no idea watching it that it was gonna become so well known. obviously that doesn't bother me, but considering how many shows i end up saying "everyone is watching that?" to... shows that i don't join either lol

yea seriously, being able to explain why you hate something should be a lot easier than why you like it and honestly, i don't think you should have to justify why you like an anime, but why you think its shit is way more questionable

lol bobsamurai.... i don't fuck with him either
May 29, 2016 9:49 AM

Oct 2014
KonaKoffee said:
Mamster-P said:

Yh Bob kinda comes over as a "Just a normal Guy" and the funny thing is that I also like the stuff he likes (I don't like stuff just because others like them).

and he also has his own Opinion like Him really liking Swagamoto while the MAL score is like 7.50 (a pretty bad score)

and what are his thaughts on Bakemonogatari then?
May 29, 2016 9:53 AM

May 2015
Bourmegar said:
KonaKoffee said:

Yh Bob kinda comes over as a "Just a normal Guy" and the funny thing is that I also like the stuff he likes (I don't like stuff just because others like them).

and he also has his own Opinion like Him really liking Swagamoto while the MAL score is like 7.50 (a pretty bad score)

Bob samurai has too much summary in his reviews. I don't need a summary, thanks. If I want to see the show I don't want spoiler, if I saw the show I know what happens so no need to remind me everything except the key points you want to discuss. Also he is kinda too neutral without an opinion in order to not hurt anyone's feelings.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2016 9:56 AM

Oct 2014
Mamster-P said:

my issues are the "it should change cause im tired of it, or don't like" people and thats how he comes off to me and many of the especially more recent anime watchers seem to as well

most recent Anime watchers now have to deal with Many many shows that are Similar to others in Recent Seasons though.
May 29, 2016 9:58 AM

Oct 2014
zal said:
Bourmegar said:

Bob samurai has too much summary in his reviews. I don't need a summary, thanks. If I want to see the show I don't want spoiler, if I saw the show I know what happens so no need to remind me everything except the key points you want to discuss. Also he is kinda too neutral without an opinion in order to not hurt anyone's feelings.

Well maybe he doesn't want to hurt others feelings right?
May 29, 2016 10:00 AM

May 2015
Bourmegar said:
zal said:

Well maybe he doesn't want to hurt others feelings right?
If he doesn't express his opinion even at the cost of some people disagreeing what's the point in watching his reviews? He basically says nothing other than the summary, from what I remember at least.
You can use the quick edit so you don't make double posts
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 29, 2016 10:02 AM

Dec 2015
Bourmegar said:

well I didn't agree with every single thing he said, because some of his criticisms of the show were things I actually thought were well done for what it was. Ultimately, I agreed when he felt the show wasn't all that complex or deep and that much of the "symbolism" felt too straightforward (among other things). Although, it seems we both realize that there are well written and consistent parts of the show, which is why I didn't give it a lower score than I would have before. Although, I disagree with him thinking the tsundere girl is the best character of the show.

I remember when I first made the statement about the show being straightforward and attempting to be a artistic, literally nobody i spoke to (except for one person) agreed with me. Some people even criticized the rest of the shows I liked or claimed I was "too stupid" to understand the "symbolism" *rolls eyes*. As if calling the shows I like shit and pretentious, and calling me stupid, is going to change my mind and my score for the series.

I don't mind if others enjoy it or see it as a complex and meaningful series, but for me it was refreshing that I felt an anime reviewer (for the most part) read my mind for once lol.
He also got a ton of shit for his review, which was predicted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpBA5UyaeRc here's his video
KonaKoffeeMay 29, 2016 12:02 PM
Banner credit to @turnip
May 29, 2016 10:03 AM

Oct 2015
Mamster-P said:

I don't see why anyone would watch anime to become smarter lol, but apparently some ppl think it does that xD

Well some people *think* that watching certain anime makes them smarter lol, it's all just bullshit, people trying to come up with the stupidest excuses to look down on others to make themselves feel better about their own insecurities (hah! my chinese cartoons are better than your's!)

At the same time, I think it's fair play to be critical about assessing anime, animation is a medium which is able to convey a narrative so it makes sense to criticise them as such, as long as the anime are narratively focused, and the criticisms aren't nitpicky bullshit.
May 29, 2016 10:05 AM

Feb 2016
zurgboy00 said:
Annoying than the most annoying character I have ever seen on anime(There are lots but he manages to get on top). I wouldn't stay and watch his LONG VIDEOS that sounds repetitive and basic. An idiot that over complicates simple things just to sound smart. If I need reviews and other stuff related to anime. MAL and ANN can provide.

It's not just his opinions I hate. It's just how he expresses it that makes me angry . He made 2 rant video series dedicated to specifically hating on anime from A-1 Pictures (Sword Art Online and The Asterisk War). If anything, that's a clear sign of bias, which is not surprising since the guy believes nostalgia is important in anime. Also, this guy needs to know that not all anime are going to be like The Asterisk War. We had a lot of good anime like One Punch Man and Death Parade in 2015, so not all anime is generic. This douchebag just needs to stop hating and shut up about anime he hates. Finally, IF YOU SEE AN ANIME YOU KNOW YOU'RE NOT GOING TO LIKE, THEN DON'T WATCH IT! In fact, he put a link to The Asterisk War on Crunchyroll, which is actually promoting the show rather than telling people to stay away from it. His "Your Favorite Anime Sucks" series are the stupidest things I have ever seen from Digibro.
He Said he doesn't hate inherintley hate all A-1 Pictures shows and in fact likes some of them, also he addressed the bias point by ripping on Phantom World which was done by one of his favorite studios (Kyoto animations) that analysis series has alot of really good points and you dont have to agree with it if you dont want too, but How are you going to say nostalgia isnt an important factor in media take Nintendo for example their consoles/games have been on a downward spiral in recent years and the only decent releases have been driven off of nostalgia
May 29, 2016 10:06 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Bourmegar said:
Mamster-P said:

most recent Anime watchers now have to deal with Many many shows that are Similar to others in Recent Seasons though.

welcome to modern media... its not really something you can "avoid" how about people just get over it?
May 29, 2016 10:06 AM

Mar 2015
lol, I don't know even who this guy is
what
May 29, 2016 10:09 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Lobinde said:
Mamster-P said:

Well some people *think* that watching certain anime makes them smarter lol, it's all just bullshit, people trying to come up with the stupidest excuses to look down on others to make themselves feel better about their own insecurities (hah! my chinese cartoons are better than your's!)

At the same time, I think it's fair play to be critical about assessing anime, animation is a medium which is able to convey a narrative so it makes sense to criticise them as such, as long as the anime are narratively focused, and the criticisms aren't nitpicky bullshit.

to me no anime is "better" than another, theres just generic and non generic, or at least less generic, and it really just depends on the show

i agree, people are free to criticize its just when people are excessively whiny it gets extremely annoying
May 29, 2016 11:14 AM

Oct 2014
Mamster-P said:
Bourmegar said:

welcome to modern media... its not really something you can "avoid" how about people just get over it?

and that is the sad part, we cannot do a dam thing about it. it's like using already done things will get you more rewarded than coming up with new ideas....
May 29, 2016 11:16 AM

Oct 2014
Bourmegar said:
KoreaWS said:

wait is JoeyxEinshine not the biggest ship?

It might be. DigiSnob is up there though

May 29, 2016 11:26 AM

Oct 2014
RottenPanda said:
lol, I don't know even who this guy is

I love how well your avatar fits with what you say.

May 29, 2016 11:45 AM

Dec 2012
I really enjoy his videos, even if I disagree with him a lot. With me though, I think it's more that I really like how he goes about analyzing anime than agreeing with everything he has to say. I wish more people on youtube would take after him.
May 29, 2016 11:56 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Bourmegar said:
Mamster-P said:

and that is the sad part, we cannot do a dam thing about it. it's like using already done things will get you more rewarded than coming up with new ideas....

hey man, there was only one Albert Einstein for a reason... most people who want to make anime either aren't good at coming up with new things or just want to mass produce so they just copy what they enjoyed that others have made or whatevers popular (not that i even had to explain that lol)
May 29, 2016 12:03 PM

Oct 2014
Mamster-P said:
Bourmegar said:

hey man, there was only one Albert Einstein for a reason... most people who want to make anime either aren't good at coming up with new things or just want to mass produce so they just copy what they enjoyed that others have made or whatevers popular (not that i even had to explain that lol)

I think that it is more of the latter because Money needs to be made, but when the Economy gets better then maybe there will be more Creative freedom unless the Habit stays.

But hey not all Modern Anime are bad, I really had some good laughs with Swagamoto and Konosuba and Erased was not bad and Rakugo Shinjuu was pretty really dam Good IMHO.
and then There is Jojo :)
May 29, 2016 12:09 PM

Jul 2015
Nagirah said:
He can get really biased with his opinions and treat them as facts, but he can be really entertaining too. That Asterisk War video series is top tier entertainment.

His writing style does indeed feel a bit self important and overly serious and that sometimes makes him sound like he's trying to be objective, but that's absolutely not his intent, he's very open about everything he does being his opinion and entirely subjective. His tag is "Otaku Gonzo Journalist" and gonzo journalism is a type of journalism that rejects the idea of objectivity as something that exists and embraces subjectivity and the personal narrative.
May 29, 2016 12:14 PM

May 2015
Out_SiN said:
Nagirah said:
He can get really biased with his opinions and treat them as facts, but he can be really entertaining too. That Asterisk War video series is top tier entertainment.

His writing style does indeed feel a bit self important and overly serious and that sometimes makes him sound like he's trying to be objective, but that's absolutely not his intent, he's very open about everything he does being his opinion and entirely subjective. His tag is "Otaku Gonzo Journalist" and gonzo journalism is a type of journalism that rejects the idea of objectivity as something that exists and embraces subjectivity and the personal narrative.
Like the video where he said: if you like certain anime you have a boring taste but that's just my opinion. Isn't this a case where he treats his opinion like a fact?
May 29, 2016 12:22 PM

May 2015
Some of his stuff kind of drags on, but most of his videos are pretty entertaining to listen to you. Some people say the YAS videos are too long but that shit is entertaining throughout, so it doesn't matter to me. He also explains himself, which is more then many people do.
every single one of my forum posts is dumb and invalid except for 1, I don't claim them it was a different person it was all fake
May 29, 2016 12:25 PM

Feb 2016
He needs to chill and enjoy animes. He is unable to just sit back and enjoy an anime because obviously animes with mistakes are not watchable, is what seems to be his logic not everyone is looking for masterpieces, even a highly flawed anime can be good, just don't look too much into the details.
May 29, 2016 12:33 PM

Aug 2015
zal said:
Out_SiN said:

Like the video where he said: if you like certain anime you have a boring taste but that's just my opinion. Isn't this a case where he treats his opinion like a fact?

We all know why he made that video. Some people, on MAL or Reddit, put their 5 top favorite anime just to look smarter (that's something that is actually happening) and he went against it. He didnt want to say that he's opinions are facts or anything like that, he is always open for everything but the way he made this video made a lot of people to find him offensive. I think he just made a mistake in creating this video in the first place.
May 29, 2016 12:38 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Bourmegar said:
Mamster-P said:

I think that it is more of the latter because Money needs to be made, but when the Economy gets better then maybe there will be more Creative freedom unless the Habit stays.

But hey not all Modern Anime are bad, I really had some good laughs with Swagamoto and Konosuba and Erased was not bad and Rakugo Shinjuu was pretty really dam Good IMHO.

well ofcourse, spend all this money trying to make something original then it ends up not doing well.... its a complete waste on their part and theres always the people like me who are fine with generic "pandering" shows

why does everything have to be "bad?"

people like to call copy paste shows "bad" cause theyre really similar to the original, but wouldn't that make the original bad?
May 29, 2016 12:47 PM

May 2015
I think he makes some really good analysis most of the time like when he talked about anime meta or whenever he brings up Eva but he's way too opinionated on other people's opinions like with the 'boring elitist taste' video he made on his other channel

Jou-dan said:
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
May 29, 2016 12:54 PM

Aug 2015
Dianthars said:
He needs to chill and enjoy animes. He is unable to just sit back and enjoy an anime because obviously animes with mistakes are not watchable, is what seems to be his logic not everyone is looking for masterpieces, even a highly flawed anime can be good, just don't look too much into the details.

Why do you say that? He is thinking critically about stuff that are happening because he is (as he consider himself) an analyst. And to be fair, many people dont watch anime with their brain shut off. Complicated anime requires you to look for hidden detailes/messages and themes can be ignored if one didnt focus enough.
May 29, 2016 12:57 PM

Oct 2014
Mamster-P said:
Bourmegar said:

well ofcourse, spend all this money trying to make something original then it ends up not doing well.... its a complete waste on their part and theres always the people like me who are fine with generic "pandering" shows

why does everything have to be "bad?"

people like to call copy paste shows "bad" cause theyre really similar to the original, but wouldn't that make the original bad?

Well that is mostly because they just Copy the idea and not the Quality or don't have the means to improve or Changes on the formula in such way that it kinda is different.

and ofcourse i don't mind watching some Enjoyable good Generic shows, but I rather watch something like Berserk (I am a bit hyped about Berserk 2016 but I am a bit Scepticall about it Seeing which Studios are behind it and being as good as the manga will be extremely hard).

And yh being fully original is extremely hard. I am more than ok with it if a show has a story and characters that have been thought out while Having some Borrowed things and change it so that it is just original enough to be an own entity and not a clone (not 100% Original).
They don't have to be 100% original.

but yh Taking such risks now is not a good idea, Lets just hope that the economy will get back up so that such risks can be made again.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What are your thoughts on harem anime? ( 1 2 )

BuddhaIsBetter - Apr 19

73 by Abomination_suah »»
7 minutes ago

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 8 hours ago

15 by juanlqr »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - Yesterday

27 by juanlqr »»
13 minutes ago

» Is it over for newcomer boomers?

LenRea - 6 hours ago

14 by iiKonata »»
15 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

91 by LeonhartAugust »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.