Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
May 31, 2016 1:41 PM

Oct 2014
Some of them are pretty interesting. He can definitely ramble for a long time. I wish Endless Jess put as much effort into his anime videos as he put into his pony ones. His Pinkie Apple Pie analysis was more in depth than anything Digibro has done. It's 32 minutes long and is about a 21 minute story. His anime channel is pretty shit in comparison, though.
Jun 1, 2016 12:26 AM

May 2015
Lollo36 said:
TheBrainintheJar said:
He's on YouTube. It's a horrible place to deliver an analysis.

Intellectual stuff is more fun to read, where you can choose yourself how fast/slow to read it and whether some paragraphs should be skipped. I hate video analysis.

On the other hand, I appreciate having the option of just listening to his voice, instead of having to read, since I mostly listen to his content when I'm running/working out/walking to get to Uni etc.

Not to mention that he always links to the text version of his videos, on twitter and in his youtube descriptions, so he always gives you the option to read his content. Youtube is just a platform that gets him more exposure.

I can get down with audio lectures. Podcasts are better ways of reviewing anime than YouTube.

If he has text versions it means I can read his stuff. Anything interesting you can link me?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Jun 1, 2016 12:35 AM

May 2015
TheBrainintheJar said:
Lollo36 said:

On the other hand, I appreciate having the option of just listening to his voice, instead of having to read, since I mostly listen to his content when I'm running/working out/walking to get to Uni etc.

Not to mention that he always links to the text version of his videos, on twitter and in his youtube descriptions, so he always gives you the option to read his content. Youtube is just a platform that gets him more exposure.

I can get down with audio lectures. Podcasts are better ways of reviewing anime than YouTube.

If he has text versions it means I can read his stuff. Anything interesting you can link me?
I think here is where he posts the written version of his analyses and other videos https://myswordisunbelievablydull.wordpress.com/author/21stcenturydigitalboy/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2016 12:58 AM

May 2015

This is much better

I do realize he is the guy who made the 3x3 thing about impression in anime and stuff lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5D78cJwVGQ

I have a better view of him as mostly just a standard anime youtuber, since I don't *know* the shows. I would say I understand his opinion but it for sure kinda fell apart when he's like "don't pretend you like Ergo Proxy to appear smarter' and I understand THAT, but the weird part is when he goes on to talk about how he doesn't think it's very good.

Originally a good point ruined by something completely irrelevant that hurts his point even, the series could be terrible but the quality isn't what he was talking about before at all. Just that it's viewed favorably by most people so others put it in their favorite anime list simply to impress, his point before was fine until he threw in irrelevant personal opinions.

Edit: Took me a while to find where in the video that happened, not looking again. Anime vlogs pls.
ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴロゴロゴロ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ ゴゴゴゴゴゴ
Jun 1, 2016 1:05 AM

Nov 2013
ashfrliebert said:
I do realize he is the guy who made the 3x3 thing about impression in anime and stuff lol.

I have a better view of him as mostly just a standard anime youtuber, since I don't *know* the shows. I would say I understand his opinion but it for sure kinda fell apart when he's like "don't pretend you like Ergo Proxy to appear smarter' and I understand THAT, but the weird part is when he goes on to talk about how he doesn't think it's very good.

Originally a good point ruined by something completely irrelevant that hurts his point even, the series could be terrible but the quality isn't what he was talking about before at all. Just that it's viewed favorably by most people so others put it in their favorite anime list simply to impress, his point before was fine until he threw in irrelevant personal opinions.

Edit: Took me a while to find where in the video that happened, not looking again. Anime vlogs pls.

It's weird how his side-channel with unedited, unscripted vlogs suddenly got all the attention after that 3x3 video, while his main channel doesn't generate as much buzz anymore, even though it has 5-6 times more subscribers and infinitely better quality XD
Jun 1, 2016 1:33 AM

May 2015
ashfrliebert said:

This is much better

I agree, until it was about people faking their favourite anime was reasonable and fine but he messed up in specifying what anime and even making the names. Moreover why should he care about people faking their favourites? I can put whatever I want in my list and if I lie about it the issue is mine.

Lollo36 said:
ashfrliebert said:

It's weird how his side-channel with unedited, unscripted vlogs suddenly got all the attention after that 3x3 video, while his main channel doesn't generate as much buzz anymore, even though it has 5-6 times more subscribers and infinitely better quality XD
When you publicly attack taste you are bound to create buzz and controversy, he even called out someone that probably genuinely likes those shows and has quite the reputation.

I don't know about previous years but it seems that recently the only anime that he attacked on his main channel are asterisk wars and erased after the finale, shows that not very many are prone to defend.
zalJun 1, 2016 1:37 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2016 1:37 AM

Nov 2013
zal said:
When you publicly attack taste you are bound to create buzz and controversy, he even called out someone that probably genuinely likes those shows and has quite the reputation.

You know that a video is poorly done when you have to make 2 follow-up videos to try to explain your original point XD
Jun 1, 2016 2:51 AM

Aug 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
Lollo36 said:

He has text versions of all his videos and he still has the mind set of an anime blogger, he just records then gets the davoo to edit a video around it. He also has his vlogs where he talks about random things that comes into his head, the channel called digibro after dark. Also the gaming channel called digibros where he and his brother talk about random stuff.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Jun 1, 2016 3:09 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Uhmm... well, even with his biases and overanalyzing, he's still probably the best anime youtuber out there.
Jun 1, 2016 3:12 AM

May 2014
He's more pleasant to listen to, but TheSnob destroys him every time.
Anyone who doesn't hate anime hasn't watched enough anime.
- Anonymous
Jun 1, 2016 2:37 PM

Oct 2013
Superficial analysis that praises certain techniques but ultimately searches for flaws.
Jun 4, 2016 5:37 PM

Jan 2010
Alright, first off, this thread got sidetracked a number of times, and even though there were a number of good posts, they were still discussing not only specific Youtube users (which could have been done on Youtube itself), but Digibro is also a user on this site, and such threads are discouraged since they tend to either spam, simple responses, or devolve into a crap throwing fest, where you'd have people attacking the users in question, or people becoming defensive over their opinions when their tastes or thoughts align with the user in question. Or, as demonstrated here, the thread's original purpose could be derailed by people speaking on their own tastes in addition to the tastes of Youtube personalities, straying from the discussion of anime.

That aside, such threads also serve as advertisement to videos related to the thread's subject, which is discouraged in accordance to I.5 of the Site and Forum Guidelines. While it's good to keep eyes on individuals acting as the voice of the anime community, please keep in mind time and place.

Thread Locked
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

» thoughts on Chinese anime? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ryo-san - Mar 6, 2022

190 by ColourWheel »»
33 seconds ago

Poll: » Which season of Vinland Saga do you guys prefer?

MillerEvans23 - 4 hours ago

22 by MillerEvans23 »»
12 minutes ago

» Do you update the rating of anime you've already finished before? Is it an upgrade or downgrade usually?

Rinrinka - Apr 14

31 by 5hadow17 »»
14 minutes ago

» What percentage of anime that you've seen did you pirate? ( 1 2 3 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 13

125 by ColourWheel »»
34 minutes ago

» The most beautiful series in visual/artistic aspect? Share your opinion :)

windyshadow - 2 hours ago

12 by Sigma- »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.