Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 27, 2016 11:22 AM

Jul 2014
Hello, just looking for something that has good developed characters and plot, would be nice if it revolves around a sport.

Prefer manga but it doesn't really matter. :p

Bonus if the mc's kinda shy like Yamato, but proves himself later on. And the heroine's kinda like tsundere and cold to the mc like Asahina.

Here's my lists and thanks ahead of time :)

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/LostDog
http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/LostDog
May 27, 2016 11:39 AM

Jun 2015
Overdrive?
I don't really watch Sports anime tbh.
May 27, 2016 11:52 AM

Jan 2014
It's not necessarily sport, but has the same concept of Suzuka (this is a favorite of mine as well haha). It's a Manwha which if you don't know is a korean manga which read from left to right and follows the japanese style of speech bubbles right to left. It's called "Skill of Lure" and our MC is absolutely pathetic however develops intensely over the series along with every character you meet. It's a decent read at over 36 chapters and a must read since it's a hilarious and very informative with social interactions with people. Try it (:
May 27, 2016 12:33 PM

Jan 2015
Well, if you loves Cross Game, some of the author's other works might be a good place to start. My personal favorite outside of Cross Game is probably Katsu!
I also liked the Characterization in Ao Haru Ride.

My Manga / Light Novel Collection: EN | FR | LN
May 27, 2016 12:39 PM

Jan 2015
Baby Steps
Chihayafuru

No tsunderes though.
May 27, 2016 1:20 PM

Oct 2013
D-ash

yh man, good manga.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
May 27, 2016 1:40 PM

Mar 2016
Fuuka ( Suzuka sequel ) ( Shy MC , Tsundere (kinda) heroine )
Kimi no Iru Machi ( same Author as Suzuka )
May 27, 2016 5:11 PM

Jul 2014
BeBackinaSec said:
Overdrive?
I don't really watch Sports anime tbh.

Doesn't need to revolve around sports.

Tbh I only care if the mc kinda resembles Yamato in the sense that he's shy, but as the show/manga went on he proves himself more and more. And a tsundere like Aoba/Asahina would be great!
May 27, 2016 5:14 PM

Jul 2014
Arimasu said:

Thanks, I'll try Fuuka again though I heard about what happens. :p

And Kimi no Iru Machi's on my watching list for anime :p Not sure if I'd want to pick up the manga for it.

Anymore more rec's are appreciated.
May 27, 2016 5:16 PM

Jul 2014
Arimasu said:

What's the manga ur signature's from? Something revolving around music would fit well too.
May 27, 2016 5:34 PM

Apr 2016
if you like Suzuka, you'd most likely like other hit manga by Seo Kouji, its author
Kimi no Iru Machi, Half & Half, and Fuuka

LostDog said:
Hello, just looking for something that has good developed characters and plot

these are some romance that have great "good developed characters and plot":

Oyasumi Punpun
Aku no Hana
Onanie Master Kurosawa
Liar Game

they don't revolve around sport though

May 27, 2016 8:16 PM

Jul 2014
Zurajannai said:
if you like Suzuka, you'd most likely like other hit manga by Seo Kouji, its author

LostDog said:

Oyasumi Punpun
Aku no Hana
Onanie Master Kurosawa
Liar Game

Horkus said:
Well, if you loves Cross Game, some of the author's other works might be a good place to start. My personal favorite outside of Cross Game is probably Katsu!
I also liked the Characterization in Ao Haru Ride.

Going to start Katsu tonight, reminds me of Green Boy :D Thanks man.
May 27, 2016 8:19 PM

Jul 2014
HapHazrD said:
Baby Steps
Chihayafuru

No tsunderes though.

Baby Steps was good, and it's what I'm looking for but I don't recall it having decisive romance :/

Zurajannai said:

LostDog said:

Oyasumi Punpun
Aku no Hana
Onanie Master Kurosawa
Liar Game

I've seen the first three, Aku no Hana and Onanie being practically exactly what I'm looking for :p I just don't know many other like this, other than like MM, Molester Man, and ZnT.
May 27, 2016 8:35 PM

Jan 2014
Could give Major a shot, it's a baseball anime like Cross Game except that it's 6 seasons long. It start's off with the MC as a child that plays Baseball which then progresses into his middle school/high school baseball career and then onto his major league career.

The romance with the main heroine only starts in the 5th season but it's still a pretty enjoyable anime.
“Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding. It is the bitter potion by which the physician within you heals your sick self. Therefore, trust the physician and drink his remedy in silence and tranquility.”
May 27, 2016 8:45 PM

Apr 2016
LostDog said:
I've seen the first three, Aku no Hana and Onanie being practically exactly what I'm looking for :p I just don't know many other like this, other than like MM, Molester Man, and ZnT.

Liar Game is not exactly romance (the romance part was hinted though), but it got really good character development

May 27, 2016 9:14 PM

Jul 2014
Zurajannai said:
LostDog said:

Liar Game is not exactly romance (the romance part was hinted though), but it got really good character development

That's what I didn't really like about Cross Game, such a great plot with great characters, yet no decisive romance :/
May 28, 2016 2:26 AM

Jan 2015
LostDog said:
HapHazrD said:
Baby Steps
Chihayafuru

No tsunderes though.

Baby Steps was good, and it's what I'm looking for but I don't recall it having decisive romance :/

It's true that the romance is not the primary focus of the show, but it is more decisive than in most series. How many times do I see people complain because there's no confession or no kiss in a particular anime. Well there is in Baby Steps, and it is quite well done. Have you seen the second season ?
May 28, 2016 3:07 AM

Oct 2013
Hmmm.....try these non sports manga, not sure if its what your after but I tried getting ones with good plot and where characters learn as the story progresses

3x3 Eyes
Suicide Island (Romance is real subtle though)
ReLife
Kingdom (Anime ain't got shit on it, romance is pretty much non existent but there are hints)
Kono S wo, Mi yo! - Cupid no Itazura (this is much more than what it seems to be)
Can't See But Hear Love
Holyland (Romance is subtle but its there)
GE: Good Ending
RiN (Subtle Romance but its there)
Gantz (Characters grow, especially the MC)
Psyren (Subtle Romance)

I think a few of those are off the mark lol
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
May 28, 2016 4:17 AM

May 2012
+Chihayafuru
Hikaru no Go
Shion no Ou
May 28, 2016 7:24 AM

Feb 2015
Haikyuu!!
Air Gear
Diamond no Ace
Ping Pong The Animation
Slam Dunk
Hajime no Ippo
Ookiku Furikabutte
Major S1
Eyeshield 21
Yowamushi Pedal
Hope it helps.
May 29, 2016 11:07 AM

Jul 2014
HapHazrD said:
LostDog said:

It's true that the romance is not the primary focus of the show, but it is more decisive than in most series. How many times do I see people complain because there's no confession or no kiss in a particular anime. Well there is in Baby Steps, and it is quite well done. Have you seen the second season ?

No I haven't but I'll check it out :) Thanks, didn't notice it had a second season.

daAmazinFatB0y said:
Hmmm.....try these non sports manga, not sure if its what your after but I tried getting ones with good plot and where characters learn as the story progresses

3x3 Eyes
Suicide Island (Romance is real subtle though)
ReLife
Kingdom (Anime ain't got shit on it, romance is pretty much non existent but there are hints)
Kono S wo, Mi yo! - Cupid no Itazura (this is much more than what it seems to be)
Can't See But Hear Love
Holyland (Romance is subtle but its there)
GE: Good Ending
RiN (Subtle Romance but its there)
Gantz (Characters grow, especially the MC)
Psyren (Subtle Romance)

I think a few of those are off the mark lol

Seen 3x3 eyes, and Gantz (might start the manga but probably not for a while) other than that I'm not really into subtle romance :/ I'm going to start Can't see Can't hear But love tonight though since I've been looking for a blind mc romance for a while. xD Thanks for the recs

brandon221234 said:
Haikyuu!!
Air Gear
Diamond no Ace
Ping Pong The Animation
Slam Dunk
Hajime no Ippo
Ookiku Furikabutte
Major S1
Eyeshield 21
Yowamushi Pedal
Hope it helps.

Checked out all of them, I'll start Air Gear, Major, and Hajime no Ippo soon thanks man :)
May 29, 2016 11:10 AM

Jul 2014
Any more recs are appreciated!
May 29, 2016 9:02 PM

Oct 2013
LostDog said:
Arimasu said:

And Kimi no Iru Machi's on my watching list for anime :p Not sure if I'd want to pick up the manga for it.

Don't watch that anime adaptation it is terrible, they skip the first 100 chapters of the manga and they didn't adapt the last 100. You are gonna be so lost watching it. The manga is really good especially if you liked suzuka.
May 29, 2016 9:54 PM

Jul 2014
ConquestGod said:
LostDog said:

Don't watch that anime adaptation it is terrible, they skip the first 100 chapters of the manga and they didn't adapt the last 100. You are gonna be so lost watching it. The manga is really good especially if you liked suzuka.

Yeah, I'm going to move it to my on hold list sooner or later. The anime really does just throw you in the middle of the story with no clear explanation as to what's going on lol but it was still somewhat enjoyable. And I'll read a bit of the manga and see how that goes, thank you.
Jun 2, 2016 8:58 PM

Jul 2014
Looking for a few more if anyone knows some

Bumpp

More topics from this board

» ntr doujin?

3hitcombo - 54 minutes ago

0 by 3hitcombo »»
54 minutes ago

» doujin recommendation

3hitcombo - 1 hour ago

0 by 3hitcombo »»
1 hour ago

» Series with cute clothing and art style?

StrawberryBlxxd - Apr 16

14 by mo_lave »»
1 hour ago

» Help finding a Manga

mikemike25251 - 3 hours ago

0 by mikemike25251 »»
3 hours ago

» Best mystery/detective series I haven't seen yet?

Curlybrace101 - Apr 4

10 by boguda »»
7 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.