Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 26, 2016 11:13 AM

Oct 2013
Ok. i get it, you want us to have conversations despite the fact we tons of conversations that go way beyond a simple "yh" anyway but still its pretty damn annoying that I'm forced to type more than I already need to. sometimes an answer doesn't require much more than a few words but I get the 30 character limit telling me to type mor and I'm like what the hell? Theirs nothing more to say here but I'm forced to do it because theirs a bloody limit.

So okay, I'll accept the character limit no matter how crap I think it is. Can we at least lower it by half? 15 character limit across the board? 30 just feels to forceful and I'm sure others feel the same way.

I've seen other sites that stick with 15 and there doing fine. I first came across character limits with a site called Tupacnation.net and while it was annoying at first since it wasn't there when I first joined it in 2008, I got used to it and it doesn't bother me and i've seen it have people make more of a conversation. so its like a win win situation. You get your character limit and that forces people to conversate more and we don't feel like were being forced to type extra for no reason when the answer to something is simple and only requires a few words that equals to at least 15 characters anyway.

Please make this happen.
My Manga List
My Anime List
Shabada shabadabadaba
I am DjG545 aka Dj Fo Fo aka The Mutha Fkn Name I'm Usin Now
May 26, 2016 11:55 AM

Sep 2011
30 is forceful? That's hardly any words. CD especially won't get it lowered from what I know.
May 26, 2016 12:13 PM

Dec 2012
Against this. If anything 30 char is too low already. If a post can't even fulfill 30 characters can it even be substantial or worth reading?

Posts like simple agreement and the likes are more or less spam.
May 26, 2016 12:26 PM

Dec 2015
Afaik the spam forums ("forum games") already does not have the limit. (At least it seems a lot of short posts there are possible.)

The other forums where the administration wants to encourage more and longer discussions have the limit and I usually never had a problem in the last few days I tried to post anywhere. There were some threads where I just wanted to give a short comment but I just made second sentence to make it a bit longer and it was okay.

Can you please give examples where you encountered the problem? (And not only 1 - if it really was a big problem for you you should have felt the need to post less then 30 chars very often and have lots of examples. Thread link and the answer you wanted to post.)

Might be the case if people in discussions start quoting each other and if someone just wants to agree/disagree and ending the discussion because he gets tired. (But tstill wants to let the other person that way know that he has read their post where they quoted them.) - They should just use a quick private message and tell them that then maybe.
May 26, 2016 1:01 PM

Jul 2015
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1354576

I think this is a good example of the forum before the 30 characters rule was implemented. Yeah it bothers me sometimes, but it's still better than having users spamming threads with shitty nonsensical 1-word-long posts.

More topics from this board

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Yesterday

4 by Fleeting_Dream »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Apr 20, 2:02 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM

» Reply button should show text that will be quoted.

Euthymia_Gerv - Apr 15

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.