Forum Settings
Forums

Do people who have a mean score of over 7 like everything they watch?

New
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]
Aug 3, 2016 3:21 AM

Feb 2016
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
Dishonest said:
I dont understand people who rate completed anime 5 or below. They not only watch it, but they endure it to the end, lol. I would like smth like a 0.5 additional scaling cause i have trouble giving the credit they deserve to some anime but w/e.
also ↓↓↓
because sometimes it was laughably bad... and it was like such a train wreck I couldn't look away.

I know most of the anime I rated a below five though, I was watching
in anime club. In other words I was forced to watch it because I'm the president. XD or Worse sometimes I'm the director of programming. This means I often have to watch the anime twice.

I understand your point, but there are soo many people who dont like anime they watch, i cant believe they all have something to do with it/are reviewers. Many people also dont have a wide scale, they just rate impulsively and when they see an anime has too many fanboys, instead of giving it a 3 or 4 they rate it 1.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Aug 3, 2016 3:50 AM

Jun 2011
Dishonest said:
Jonouchi-Katsuya said:
because sometimes it was laughably bad... and it was like such a train wreck I couldn't look away.

I know most of the anime I rated a below five though, I was watching
in anime club. In other words I was forced to watch it because I'm the president. XD or Worse sometimes I'm the director of programming. This means I often have to watch the anime twice.

I understand your point, but there are soo many people who dont like anime they watch, i cant believe they all have something to do with it/are reviewers. Many people also dont have a wide scale, they just rate impulsively and when they see an anime has too many fanboys, instead of giving it a 3 or 4 they rate it 1.
Yeah I find that just as annoying as rating everything a 9 or 10 cause it is just so hard to tell "levels" of hatred or love in their scores. The love it or hate it raters are kinda tricky to read. I am mostly speaking as someone who looks at club members ratings to choose anime most people should like but also hasn't seen. Trying to get people to use MAL ratings for what they mean is actually difficult because sometimes people lie about how they feel and makes it hard to choose anime for club easily. But doing it this way has gotten more ability to gage feelings of quiet members. :/

Overall though I don't see how someone who just uses this site for fun and not administration of a club should have an issue with how people rate. Well unless you are into an attacked niche genre like shonen ai/slash/yaoi. Then I get you. It appears nobody even wants to admit they like Cheer Boys.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Aug 3, 2016 6:17 AM
Aug 2015
Maybe they just avoid watching anything bad?

Personally I'm a very positive person and I never gave a score below 5. There are some things that may really piss me off in anime but I usually look at the good things first and foremost. I just don't like being a hater ;)
Aug 3, 2016 6:21 AM

Jun 2016
tbh i feel bad if i give anything less than 7 (• ε •) *ineedhelplol*

designed by
      *iaLEY
Aug 3, 2016 6:39 AM

May 2016
The people who said that there are no stupid questions are probably rolling their graves at this moronic OP.
Aug 3, 2016 6:40 AM

Mar 2015
SpaceTheGamer said:
Maybe they just avoid watching anything bad?

Personally I'm a very positive person and I never gave a score below 5. There are some things that may really piss me off in anime but I usually look at the good things first and foremost. I just don't like being a hater ;)

Exactly. I only watch good anime unless I decide to be an absolute masochist. But I guess I am pretty generous.
Aug 3, 2016 6:40 AM

Sep 2012
My mean score is over 7 because I use 5 - 10 as a 1 - 5 rating scale. I don't like having 10 potential ratings, it's too variant.
Aug 3, 2016 6:51 AM
Apr 2016
My mean score is over 7. I don't like everything I watch, it's just that I'm very particular about what I watch and I try not to watch anything that seems like trash. I have come across some really bad anime like Haibane renmai,Tiger and bunny,serial experiments lain, Dragonball GT and a couple of other mediocre anime.
Aug 3, 2016 7:07 AM

Nov 2009
Yudina said:
The people who said that there are no stupid questions are probably rolling their graves at this moronic OP.

If this question was stupid, it would not have generated a 12-page discussion.

Hector_Ndlovu said:
My mean score is over 7. I don't like everything I watch, it's just that I'm very particular about what I watch and I try not to watch anything that seems like trash. I have come across some really bad anime like Haibane renmai,Tiger and bunny,serial experiments lain, Dragonball GT and a couple of other mediocre anime.

You might not like Lain, but it's wrong to call it "mediocre". "Mediocre" means "Having no peculiar or outstanding features; not extraordinary, special, exceptional, or great; of medium quality. ". Lain is quite unusual even if it's not very likeable.
The same can be said about Haibane. I haven't seen Tiger and Bunny or Dragonball, so I would not comment on them.
Aug 3, 2016 7:09 AM

May 2016
flannan said:
I think these twelve pages of discussion are also retarded, so there you go.

Presence of "discussion" does not mean it's not stupid.
Aug 3, 2016 2:36 PM

Jan 2014
They give everything they watch a score over 7 because they'd rather finish and rate shows they actually enjoyed watching rather than pretty much force themselves to finish a show they don't like/think is bad and end up giving it a low score.
Aug 4, 2016 5:50 AM
Jun 2008
Yudina said:
flannan said:

And what exactly your post brings to the topic? If you don't like the discussion ignore it. Stop trying to be jerk.

And also the problem with the 1-10 scale is that we have really low amount of series that are below 7 score in average...
Aug 4, 2016 6:01 AM

Feb 2013
flannan said:
Yudina said:

glancing a bit at the average 12th page reply, i think this thread is just particularly appealing for <1k posters that otherwise don't post much on AD who keep bumping it with new and fresh opinions
Aug 4, 2016 6:09 AM

May 2016
Sm0q said:
Yudina said:

And what exactly your post brings to the topic? If you don't like the discussion ignore it. Stop trying to be jerk.

And also the problem with the 1-10 scale is that we have really low amount of series that are below 7 score in average...
Since when was saying a discussion was stupid unjustified? The basic premise of this thread is that the OP doesn't know how to compute and interpret the meaning of an average. Highlighting that is way more important than whatever asinine garbage people spew in here.
YudinaAug 4, 2016 6:32 AM
Aug 4, 2016 6:26 AM
Mar 2016
I try to pick anime that I know I'll enjoy watching. If I drop a show I usually don't rate if I didnt watch at least 75%. Maybe that crappy anime gets better at the end who knows so I can't rate it. My mean score is 7.5 but I've only been watching anime for a year. My scores are diversified and my mean is higher since I've been watching highly acclaimed series. I'm really picky and sometimes it takes me days to start something new. Now Ive seen profiles where all anime is rated 7 or higher and no low scores at all. You can tell more from that than the mean score alone. I also view the affinity anime you share to get a read on the person. I used to score based on grades in school so I'd never give fs/5 and 70/7 was a c average. Then I remembered mal score for average was 5 so I adjusted accordingly.
Aug 4, 2016 6:33 AM
Mar 2016
EcchiLordMamster said:
Wtf? some ppl like me are just easily entertained, we love anime as a whole and dont gI've a shit to "criticize" what we watch

True that. And when you criticize something you intend to enjoy it less from analyzing the hell out of it. Good or bad I usually enjoy every anime I've seen so far. I almost never drop a series.
Aug 4, 2016 6:47 AM

Jul 2013
I'm just a casual who watch anime that pique my interest. The only time I almost do that was 2011 or 2012 i think I picked atleast 6 shows if I'm not mistaken.

The argument of people having 7+ score as weeb is really baseless in my opinion. It's not like everyone is watching everything every season.

I have a 7+ mean score with 286 (currently) completed titles and 3 which is dropped, considering that I rewatch alot of titles means that I mostly like them.

So probably yes people with mean score of 7 above might just really like the shows. :)
The point where the darkness lies
Is the place I hide my true self
Are you prepared to open your eyes?
Cause between those line is yourself
Aug 4, 2016 6:54 AM

Jul 2013
gibsonator said:
EcchiLordMamster said:
Wtf? some ppl like me are just easily entertained, we love anime as a whole and dont gI've a shit to "criticize" what we watch

True that. And when you criticize something you intend to enjoy it less from analyzing the hell out of it. Good or bad I usually enjoy every anime I've seen so far. I almost never drop a series.

I second this. There are always a time that a mob mentality will not work. Just because many dislike a show doesn't mean someone will not be able to enjoy it. Everyone has a different taste after all.
The point where the darkness lies
Is the place I hide my true self
Are you prepared to open your eyes?
Cause between those line is yourself
Aug 4, 2016 5:22 PM
May 2016
I don't know about others but in my case, I have just coincidentally been watching (IMO) good shows one after the other.
Aug 4, 2016 7:32 PM

Jun 2016
or theyre just good at picking shows they know they will like
Scream!
Aug 5, 2016 7:01 AM

Jun 2016
Probably. That's my case and I like almost everything I've watched.
"Ave Maria", a song inspired by ATTACK ON TITAN:

https://youtu.be/hUY_rDboLw4
Pages (12) « First ... « 10 11 [12]

More topics from this board

Poll: » How do you watch anime?

RobertBobert - 2 hours ago

14 by Memore »»
4 seconds ago

» is ur fave genre ur most watched genre ?

ame - Yesterday

19 by Memore »»
1 minute ago

» For those who ever rewatch anything, are there any anime you can't really casually rewatch in whole or in part due to intensity?

WatchTillTandava - 28 minutes ago

1 by -Kugeki- »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » Best kind of relationship in anime?

IpreferEcchi - Apr 22

16 by SwordBreaker36 »»
11 minutes ago

» Do you drop shows? ( 1 2 )

EverRealm - Yesterday

51 by SwordBreaker36 »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.