Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2016 5:46 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I lol'd @ Erina experiencing foodgasm when she was little.

Glad to see that Souma's dad was able to show her the enjoyment of food. No wonder she appreciates him a lot even in the present.
May 26, 2016 6:52 AM
May 2016
This is the worst chapter after all
May 26, 2016 7:44 AM

Dec 2008
Krista_Berlian said:

Lol, and why is that so?
May 26, 2016 10:43 AM

Jan 2012
Little Erina was so cute! Could the OTP at last be coming? GET TOGETHER ALREADY YOU TWO! XD
May 26, 2016 11:21 AM

Aug 2011
I wonder if there's more to the cover, with Souma's headband curling around Erina :D
May 26, 2016 11:21 AM

Oct 2014

Ahh.. well that was such a tease. Plus I am highly awaiting the next foodgasm of Erinia that Yukihara's night dish is going to unleash ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
---
lmao, I just talked about fanservice XD Frankly, nothing much to comment on the developments from my side. Tsukasa did a good job (unknowingly?) to push Erina towards Souma to talk about her past. Hope she gain back her composure befitting the queen!

ed1 - updated image to good scan, ejoy loli erina *~*
IizyMay 27, 2016 9:41 AM
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
May 26, 2016 12:02 PM

Jul 2015
Krista_Berlian said:

what ? that has been the best chapter since the last like 2 months. by far much much better than this useless and bad made battle which ended in a huge plot armor.
Chimera-Ant Arc sucks
A1-Pictures is great
Lelouch is alive
May 26, 2016 12:48 PM

Mar 2012
This chapter would've been so much nicer if she never knew Jouichirou was Souma's dad. Maybe it's just me but I feel like her muster of courage was because he's her admirer's son. I can't un-see that.
CEOAmaterasuMay 26, 2016 3:13 PM
May 26, 2016 1:25 PM

Mar 2015
best chapter in a while... finnaly a chapter that focuses on character... nice break after the whole stupidity in central arc... not only because erina existance... also we know why erina act that way (her interest in souma cooking), it resembles his father style... shippers must be on rage.. LMAO... glad that i am not a shippers...

anyways, souma x erina hot time... wink wink..
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 26, 2016 1:33 PM

Dec 2011
D'aww. We finally see Erina's past with Jouichiro. >.<
That was such a nice confession to make to Souma.

Damn. Looks like Souma will cook Yukihira Style.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 26, 2016 2:35 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I ended up liking this chapter a lot because it was enjoyable seeing how Erina came to appreciate cooking because of Jouichirou.

5/5
May 26, 2016 2:51 PM

Apr 2015
Itachi92 said:
Krista_Berlian said:

Lol, and why is that so?

Galaxy__ said:
Krista_Berlian said:

what ? that has been the best chapter since the last like 2 months. by far much much better than this useless and bad made battle which ended in a huge plot armor.

He's obviously trolling. Just look at the date he joined and lol FIRST POST.

Anyway..... ONE OF THE BEST CHAPTERS. I read it like 10x already. I feel too much kawaii from Erina...damn the tsundere mode just exploded!

Yukihira just knew what dish his father served Erina just by hearing her story? She didn't even mentioned the dish's name. But he did get a BIG hint...

God, I'm dying.. Can;t wait for the next chapter! My hearts gonna explode. Erina X Soma!!!!
#CHEXIT
May 26, 2016 3:41 PM

Jan 2015
My favorite chapter in a long while, loli Erina was so adorable and it was some nice character building.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 26, 2016 4:28 PM

Dec 2012
Nice little flashback when Erina meet Jouichiro. The first time she enjoyed cooking.
Souma going to prepare a dish for her.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

May 26, 2016 5:47 PM

Jun 2014
Character building chapters, that was long I waiting for
May 26, 2016 7:22 PM
Apr 2015
I have a feeling that Hishoko will cockblock them in the best part next chapter.
May 26, 2016 8:50 PM
Nov 2015
I guess she's going to accept his "cooking" for this time
May 26, 2016 10:29 PM

Jan 2010
I would have felt better about this development for Erina, had she been able to have it without knowing Jou was Souma's father. Imo it reinforces the weakness I see in her, she is only able to open up to Souma now because of his relation to his father. They should be growing closet because of what he's accomplished in his time and because she really does like his cooking. I'm glad we got her backstory and Hiasko searching for Erina was pretty funny.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

May 26, 2016 10:33 PM
Jul 2018
"One night only yukihira opened" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) That's a promise for a good doujin material.

B-but what abt my megumi ship? ;_:
May 26, 2016 11:33 PM

Dec 2013
Really nice chapter. I have actually come to like Erina despite my mixed feelings at the beginning.

Time for her to finally admit Souma's food is delicious!
May 26, 2016 11:39 PM

Feb 2015
Loli Erina was adorable.
May 27, 2016 1:18 AM

Sep 2013
Loved Erina's expressions throughout the chapter.
Expecting Erina to dismiss Souma's dish but she'll slightly complement it.
May 27, 2016 2:02 AM

Apr 2013
Very nice chapter, http://readms.com/r/shokugeki_no_souma/168/3430/12
her stomach growling in front of her grandfather and Joichero was very funny and adorable at the same time
May 27, 2016 4:49 AM

Oct 2013
Best chapter in a while. Loli Erina is so cute<3. The ship is going smooth

Krista_Berlian said:
Nice alt you got there mate, shitposting just because your favorite girl is not getting the spotlight?
May 27, 2016 7:16 AM

Mar 2014
Let's see what will happen in chapter 169.
May 27, 2016 7:35 AM

Oct 2015
Erina looked so cute when she was small.
G_Spark233 said:
Really nice chapter. I have actually come to like Erina despite my mixed feelings at the beginning.

Time for her to finally admit Souma's food is delicious!

Hope she finally does.

Fake people have an image to maintain. Real people just don’t care.
May 27, 2016 8:04 AM

Aug 2010
BEST CHAP EVER! I didn't expect a talk between Erina and Souma alone. Nice surprise

Erina cuteness overload both adult and loli mode. She's so adorable <3

Hope this will be the start of her and Souma getting together INEVITABLE Muhahaha
May 27, 2016 1:17 PM

Sep 2013
Loli Erina is a cute, A CUTE! <3
Erina-chan had it rough, tasting all those mediocre dishes and dirtying her god tongue :'(
May 27, 2016 4:09 PM

Dec 2014
Soma bout to serve that one-time special diiii-
May 27, 2016 5:15 PM
Jun 2015
One of the best chapters in a while. I loved the deep background about Erina and why she actually wanted to start cooking in the first place.

Now Souma and Erina are going to get closer which is awesome. :)
"I'm warning you. You so much as bruise what you hold in your hand and I will show you pain. The hue of your soul will cease to matter, because you will not be judged when you die, you will no longer exist."
May 27, 2016 5:25 PM

Sep 2014
Yes, I love development chapters <3

But, I feel thorn. Loli Erina was cute, and I like her and it would probably be cute to see her and Yukihira together but... but my Megumi ship....
May 27, 2016 5:27 PM

May 2015
sweet, souma will cooking for his beloved queen
4/5
May 27, 2016 7:16 PM

Apr 2014
strider98 said:
"One night only yukihira opened" ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) That's a promise for a good doujin material.

And it could still go that route, if my boi Tosh just grew some balls and just draw that god tier masterpiece work waiting to happen.
May 28, 2016 11:52 PM
Jul 2018
young Erina soooooo cute *,* (dat stomach growl tho)

One-night-only Yukihira stall opened.

Chapter 169 upcoming

perfect doujin material for Tosh. OMG pls ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 29, 2016 2:23 AM

Mar 2014
Loli Erina is where it's at.

Nice to finally find out what their relationship was, but I expected it have a bit more depth. Still good!
May 30, 2016 5:18 AM

Mar 2015
Saiba X Erina confirmed!!

Loli Erina is kawaii overloadedness!!

4/5
Jun 1, 2016 1:05 PM
Jun 2013
First of all:
I really hope the new antagonist chokes on his own food and dies. Fathers who abuse their kids don't get a second chance and arrogant, manipulating antagonists are just as bad. This guy is all of that. Please make it end.
Oh and forgive me if i do not remember names. It is not really my forte.

As for this chapter: I do like that Erina finally gets some character development besides being just that girl that is a tsundere with a lot of tsun. My whole problem with this arc is that central members we know of or that had competitive involvement with the character up to now, are total jerks and i really hope that they start working on that with the next arc. The last dude did not really feel like a good guy at all, just because he spared souma, even if some people seem to claim it.

Over all thoughts:
I would welcome a change in storytelling. Souma just loosing "all the time" to forcefully take away that feeling of him being too good seems a bit cheap. I also have the feeling, that it is supposed to make us hate the other characters, which honestly kinda sucks but hey! It works a bit.
I would like it if the author came up with new ways that makes us wish for the antagonists loss and not just aggravate us by making the antagonist a douche, which seems like a problem in a lot of manga and anime recently. Ippo did this pretty well. The manga showed both sides of the story for every fight and most characters had to work hard for being where they were now and not just end up there because the script told them so. This allowed for the viewer to actually decide for himself if he would dislike the other character and for what character he could root for and made the fights more entertaining because both sides kind of deserved to win. This author did it before when the big shokugeki was running and souma could not take the first place because he did not have a specialty. The other character did not have much of a background story but i didn't start to hate him just because he won, which is because it was a fair fight and he worked hard for that victory.
Back to the Story:
It would be kinda nice to see Souma's dad kick Erina's father's ass, to be honest, and not just in a cooking duel- but i guess with the Souma x Erina ship happening right now, that it is supposed to be Souma's role.
I could see a pretty interesting thing happening if Souma wins a few cooking duels and his Father shows up to kick Erina's father out because it obviously does not work out well for the school and students. He could use a bit more involvement in the story, after all.

Anyway- just my thoughts on the over all story. I normally don't go on the forums ranting about the story but i kinda needed to let that out because i hate Erina's father so much and i really hope that authors in the future finally refrain from including characters that basically scream "HATE ME!". I felt like this chapter would be a good point to say it because the next few chapters will definitely show which direction this manga will take.
Jun 1, 2016 7:28 PM
Dec 2015
Nakiri erina is so kawai ... I like this couple , not because I feel like going but that can not happen with tadocoro
Jun 2, 2016 1:15 AM

Feb 2016
I thought the flashback is about erina and souma life that they were sibling in past :(
Jun 5, 2016 2:40 AM

Jul 2008
Nice chapter, Souma x Erina better be here to stay and I don't mind if the writer wants to continue the love drama with Nikumi, Tadokoro, Rindou, Hisako and others :) Souma gotta start getting himself straight and stop being so dense about love :(
Jul 8, 2016 10:58 PM
Mar 2016
Shokugeki said:
This chapter would've been so much nicer if she never knew Jouichirou was Souma's dad. Maybe it's just me but I feel like her muster of courage was because he's her admirer's son. I can't un-see that.

I don't think so. I think it is necessary for her to know. Why? Because she can only share her sentiments towards someone who has known Saiba really well as a chef and know how amazing he is. And that is, only Souma has experience first hand among other teens there, precisely because he is his son and he has so many shokugeki with him.
She needs someone who can relate to her story about Saiba, and only Souma can. Also, remember, on previous previous chapter, Souma said he is surprised that she know his father and said "It would be nice if you will tell me more about it". So now, tsukuda sensei is doing his job to fullfill all the hints he's been giving. Erina opening up to Souma is bound to happen. And it's done really well with tje recent chapters
Jul 8, 2016 11:06 PM
Mar 2016
logic340 said:
I would have felt better about this development for Erina, had she been able to have it without knowing Jou was Souma's father. Imo it reinforces the weakness I see in her, she is only able to open up to Souma now because of his relation to his father. They should be growing closet because of what he's accomplished in his time and because she really does like his cooking. I'm glad we got her backstory and Hiasko searching for Erina was pretty funny.

Well ofcourse she needs someone to relate to her story for her to be able to tell, and it is Souma who has deep connections with Saiba.
I dont understand why it means she is weak.
Jul 9, 2016 8:11 AM

Jan 2010
can_lussy said:
logic340 said:

Well ofcourse she needs someone to relate to her story for her to be able to tell, and it is Souma who has deep connections with Saiba.
The author has written her too look like a very weak female even though she is supposed to be a strong female lead character. She has come across as needy and again her reasoning for even opening up to Souma was Saiba not what Souma has accomplished in his time. She should have realized her error a long time ago. Now in the most recent chapters she has gotten some great development and I can say that I feel she is now headed in the right direction though I do see a hiccup happening along the way but that should be expected.

Jul 12, 2016 8:50 AM
Mar 2016
logic340 said:
can_lussy said:

The author has written her too look like a very weak female even though she is supposed to be a strong female lead character. She has come across as needy and again her reasoning for even opening up to Souma was Saiba not what Souma has accomplished in his time. She should have realized her error a long time ago. Now in the most recent chapters she has gotten some great development and I can say that I feel she is now headed in the right direction though I do see a hiccup happening along the way but that should be expected.

I see your point. But i think, just until recently we knew almost nothing about her background except that she has god tounge and the story of her in the one shot. So, introducing her past being brainwashed by Azami is not so off actually. I think it is normal too if she feel that way towards her father.

Her opening up to Soma is indeed first initiated because of Saiba, but we can see she's not imediately so friendly and aproved his cooking after she knew his father is Saiba. I think it prove she sees Souma and Saiba in seperate ways and different light.

She started to approve (still not admitting with her words tho) after he cooks personally to her woth the tempura (thats what i see). Sure, it reminds her of Saiba again as she sees the similarity between tha father son duo, but the messege being delivered by the two of them is what's important for her growth, both in character and in cooking skills (I hope the author makes her be more unpredictable too in cooking if that is even possible....)

And yeess. The recent chara development is really nice. Cuz i have to admit i also get tired of a frightened and gloomy Erina in the previous previous chapters. It's worth the wait.
Jul 12, 2016 10:05 AM

Jan 2010
can_lussy said:
logic340 said:

I see your point. But i think, just until recently we knew almost nothing about her background except that she has god tounge and the story of her in the one shot. So, introducing her past being brainwashed by Azami is not so off actually. I think it is normal too if she feel that way towards her father.

Her opening up to Soma is indeed first initiated because of Saiba, but we can see she's not imediately so friendly and aproved his cooking after she knew his father is Saiba. I think it prove she sees Souma and Saiba in seperate ways and different light.

She started to approve (still not admitting with her words tho) after he cooks personally to her woth the tempura (thats what i see). Sure, it reminds her of Saiba again as she sees the similarity between tha father son duo, but the messege being delivered by the two of them is what's important for her growth, both in character and in cooking skills (I hope the author makes her be more unpredictable too in cooking if that is even possible....)

And yeess. The recent chara development is really nice. Cuz i have to admit i also get tired of a frightened and gloomy Erina in the previous previous chapters. It's worth the wait.
Even with the latest chapters revealing more about her past it still didn't shed any new light on her.
-She met Saiba when she was 6 (we've known that because of the picture she has)
-Azami instilled his education method in her (this is evident by the way she acts)
-For 10 years Azami was not able to influence her yet she was still just like him up until recently

As for her not accepting Souma right away I am actually fine with that I would have been more upset if the fact that Jou was his father made her completely change.

I also like the development she has gotten in recent chapters with the other PSD members.

Have you read the latest chapters?
logic340Jul 14, 2016 7:06 AM

Jul 14, 2016 1:28 AM
Mar 2016
logic340 said:
can_lussy said:

Even with the latest chapters revealing more about her past it still didn't shed any new light on her.
-She met Saiba when she was 6 (we've known that because of the picture she has)
-Azami instilled his education method in her (this is evident by the way she acts)
-For 10 years Azami was not able to influence her yet she was still just like him up until recently

As for her not accepting Souma right away I am actually fine with that I would have been more upset if the fact that Jou was his father made her completely change.

[spoiler]I also like the development she has gotten in recent chapters with the other PSD members.[spoiler] the author is doing a good job of making her someone I hated and slowly redeeming her in the process. This has been very gradual and believable instead of forced on us which I really appreciate as a reader.

Have you read the latest chapters?

Yeah, i have read latest chapters. I gotta agree even with giving her more screentime right now doesnt show us much better info about erina. I guess thats because this is a cooking manga and cooking will take 80% and more of the plot. Heck, even Soma doesnt get much explaination about his past, right? Maybe, the author wants to deliver the characters more through *cooking action*.
That way, it wont be boring and will be acceptable among all the fans.

That second point tho, Azami was able to influence her i think? But recently, she has a change of hearts because of hisako and many others in her generation has opened her up.
Oct 20, 2016 7:17 AM

Sep 2014
Erina was really cute this chapter, especially during the flashback <3
Really loving all the Erina focus.
Wonder what Soma's gonna serve her :o
May 19, 2017 11:57 PM

Jan 2014
now that it has come to this, KISS!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 315 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Arjuna777 - Jun 12, 2019

134 by addictedtoliving »»
Aug 5, 2023 5:38 AM

» COMPLETED Compilation of All Recipes!

kayune_ - Aug 1, 2022

4 by reedread »»
Feb 13, 2023 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Chapter 283 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2018

24 by uglycat »»
Oct 23, 2022 10:42 AM

Poll: » Our Love Counseling Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2014

18 by removed-user »»
Oct 2, 2022 6:16 AM

Poll: » Best Girl of Shokugeki no Souma ( 1 2 3 4 )

Subbed - Apr 8, 2014

158 by Saia_er »»
Aug 16, 2022 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.