Forum Settings
Forums

Japan’s prime minister says he has no plans to visit Pearl Harbor

New
May 25, 2016 11:11 AM

Jan 2012
May 25, 2016 - 8:18am
SHIMA, Japan — President Barack Obama said Wednesday he plans to use his historic visit to Hiroshima with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe to reflect on the suffering of war and the need to take steps to prevent it. Abe said he had no plans to reciprocate Obama’s gesture by paying his own visit to Pearl Harbor.

The White House has ruled out an apology by the president for the atomic bombing, but the visit is being viewed by Japanese citizens as a conciliatory gesture.

At the same time, Abe said he had “no specific plans” to visit Pearl Harbor in Hawaii. Some have called for such a trip as a sign of Japan’s acknowledgement of its wartime actions.

The surprise attack by the Japanese military on Dec. 7, 1941, killed more than 2,400 people, wounded scores and led the United States’ entry into World War II.

Abe called on the American people to take rigorous and strict steps to prevent another incident in the future.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nation-and-world/japan-s-prime-minister-says-he-has-no-plans-visit-pearl-harbor
--------------------------------------------------------

what a baka guy , Obama has visited u should too imo.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 25, 2016 12:26 PM

Jan 2015
Lol why would he, he'd just be reminded on how hard Japan failed.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
May 25, 2016 12:53 PM

Mar 2011
No need for him to visit imo.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
May 25, 2016 1:15 PM

Oct 2013
I can respect that
"What a pitty, for such a intelligent young lady to be so brain washed by the organization...but ill be happy to respond to your lecture, unfortunately the real world isnt always so black and white..little claymore" Teresa Of The Faint Smile.

https://www.facebook.com/InappropriateOperator
May 25, 2016 1:43 PM

Apr 2015
Abe should just visit Nanking. LOL
#CHEXIT
May 25, 2016 2:34 PM
Sep 2013
AllenVonStein said:
May 25, 2016 - 8:18am
SHIMA, Japan — President Barack Obama said Wednesday he plans to use his historic visit to Hiroshima with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe to reflect on the suffering of war and the need to take steps to prevent it. Abe said he had no plans to reciprocate Obama’s gesture by paying his own visit to Pearl Harbor.

The White House has ruled out an apology by the president for the atomic bombing, but the visit is being viewed by Japanese citizens as a conciliatory gesture.

At the same time, Abe said he had “no specific plans” to visit Pearl Harbor in Hawaii. Some have called for such a trip as a sign of Japan’s acknowledgement of its wartime actions.

The surprise attack by the Japanese military on Dec. 7, 1941, killed more than 2,400 people, wounded scores and led the United States’ entry into World War II.

Abe called on the American people to take rigorous and strict steps to prevent another incident in the future.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/nation-and-world/japan-s-prime-minister-says-he-has-no-plans-visit-pearl-harbor
--------------------------------------------------------

what a baka guy , Obama has visited u should too imo.

you are absolutely missing the point.

politicians(diet members) leaning right have said PM should visit Perl harbor so that Obama visit have meaning of apologies.

This is criticized by some so that he made clear it would not happen
May 25, 2016 2:48 PM
Oct 2010
Well, that's ruuuuuude!
May 25, 2016 2:53 PM
Jul 2015
Unsurprising. Japan has a history of not taking responsibility or acknowledging their crimes.
May 25, 2016 2:53 PM
Sep 2013
MetalMessiah said:
Unsurprising. Japan has a history of not taking responsibility or acknowledging their crimes.

politicians(diet members) leaning right have said PM should visit Perl harbor so that Obama visit have meaning of apologies.

May 25, 2016 2:54 PM
Oct 2014
Well, I think it's a bit rude if Obama took a visit to Hiroshima, but honestly, for how long are generations going to apologise for wars they never fought themselves?

Like, I want Putin to apologise for stealing Finland from us, and then the Danes should apologise for trying to steal back Scania from us which they did more than once those sneaky bastards.

May 25, 2016 2:54 PM
Jul 2015
umashikaneko said:
MetalMessiah said:

Okay. I was speaking generally as to the subject.
May 25, 2016 3:21 PM

Jul 2015
Rarusu_ said:
Like, I want Putin to apologise for stealing Finland from us

correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't finland it's own country? it was just conquered by sweden and then russia. (just asking)
May 25, 2016 3:31 PM
Oct 2014
leonstone said:
Rarusu_ said:
Like, I want Putin to apologise for stealing Finland from us

correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't finland it's own country? it was just conquered by sweden and then russia. (just asking)

There wasn't a state or country to speak of before the Swedes started to explore what is now Finland. However, it did live Finnish tribes there, and they converted to Christendom and then accepted the Swedish king as their own. Finland was never a colony or protectorate to Sweden - it was an integrated part of it.
What is Finland today evolved within Sweden and later the Russian Empire. It's a young ccountry, but its people and culture is much older.

May 25, 2016 3:54 PM
Oct 2014
leonstone said:
Rarusu_ said:
There wasn't a state or country to speak of before the Swedes started to explore what is now Finland. However, it did live Finnish tribes there, and they converted to Christendom and then accepted the Swedish king as their own. Finland was never a colony or protectorate to Sweden - it was an integrated part of it.
What is Finland today evolved within Sweden and later the Russian Empire. It's a young ccountry, but its people and culture is much older.

I see , thanks for the answer.
it was always confusing for me , because their langauge is separate , so I thought they were their own country.
so those finnish tribes are the ones who originally spoke the finnish right ? kinda like the samis ?

It's easy to make that assumption, in fact, the vast majority of Swedes don't even know that Finland has been a part of our country

They are quite different - Finns and the Sami folks, but yes they share the same linguistic source of origin. The ancestral tribes to modern day Finns were Finns (tribe), Karelians and Tavastians. All of them spoke Finnic dialects.

May 25, 2016 4:56 PM

Jan 2012
umashikaneko said:

What point , not sure what u meant by that reply and what is diet members?
btw next time no need to quote everything , u can use Edit .

May 25, 2016 5:19 PM

Aug 2009
Neither side has anything to apologize for.Horrible things happen in war.The men that had anything to do with the bombing of Pearl Harbor and the dropping of the atomic bombs are either dead or in nursing homes.
May 25, 2016 8:19 PM

Apr 2016
Apologizing for things that happened during war makes absolutely no sense.

"Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time."
May 25, 2016 11:30 PM

Nov 2011
he's a radical nationalist backed by radical extreme nationalists. of course he won't visit Pearl Harbor.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
May 25, 2016 11:42 PM

Aug 2013
In response, this was a banal comeback from Abe.
May 25, 2016 11:47 PM

Jun 2014
He is to busy fapping to hentai..
May 25, 2016 11:52 PM

May 2015
hentai_proxy said:
Well, that's ruuuuuude!
how is it?
theres no reason really for him to visit Pearl Harbour considering it was a time of war
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
May 26, 2016 1:05 AM

Oct 2015
Nobody has anything to apologize for, it was a war also none of them were even alive during that war anyway.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.