Forum Settings
Forums

Record 499 Syrian Refugees Admitted to US So Far in May Includes No Christians.

New
May 24, 2016 8:34 PM

Jan 2012
(CNSNews.com) – The Obama administration has admitted 499 Syrian refugees so far this month, with no Christians among them.

Of the 499 admitted in May, 495 are Sunni Muslims and the remaining four are described simply as “Moslem” in State Department Refugee Processing Center data.

Last March, Secretary of State John Kerry formally determined that atrocities being carried out by ISIS against Christians, Yazidis and other minorities in the areas it controls constitutes genocide.

Before the conflict began in March 2011, the estimated Syrian population breakdown by religion was 10 percent Christian, 74 percent Sunni, and another 16 percent comprising various other Muslim traditions, including Shi’a,

Src.
-------------------------------------------------------------
lol obama is getting a lot of hate in comments sec.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 24, 2016 8:37 PM

Sep 2015
499? wow. thank you usa for taking the pressure off us

May 24, 2016 8:38 PM

Jul 2014
I swear to god if I get stabbed or raped I'm gonna be so pissed.
May 25, 2016 1:12 AM

Apr 2016
Okay, so what countries have we started carrying its refugees or displacements? Mexico, Syria, Africa and what else? Who cares that we can barely help our own people or children so long as we are helping others instead of actually trying to solve the real problem. God America's back is going to be fucked real soon if host more than we can.

I have to wonder if it was intentionally all of the refugees are Muslim though, but then again non-Muslims are a huge minority in Syria.

ibear said:

Get over it! Those people need help!

"Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time."
May 25, 2016 2:59 AM

Apr 2015
Good, there are more sane Muricans. Hope Trump doesn't reverse the idea and back fired.
#CHEXIT
May 25, 2016 3:12 AM
Oct 2010
ibear said:

Sure you will, I mean both anal violation and (a fortiori) stabbing shocks the body into action including involuntary urination.
May 25, 2016 10:04 AM

Jan 2013
Only 500? Another countries have taken way more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2016 10:14 AM

Jul 2015
religion shouldn't even be mentioned imo ,it doesn't matter if they're christians or muslim , I mean they're just people who need help regardless of what they believe in

ibear said:
dude it's literally 499 people , you won't even notice them lol , get over yourself
I can't promise anything though, you won't get stabbed or raped , but you might die in a mass shooting who knows
leonstoneMay 25, 2016 10:20 AM
May 25, 2016 10:23 AM

Jan 2015
Rhaeserys said:
Okay, so what countries have we started carrying its refugees or displacements? Mexico, Syria, Africa and what else?

Not sure if......
May 25, 2016 10:28 AM

Jul 2015
BVerfG said:
Rhaeserys said:
Okay, so what countries have we started carrying its refugees or displacements? Mexico, Syria, Africa and what else?

Not sure if......

LOL

Rhaeserys said:

what refugees ? you decided to bring people from africa and enslave them lol
and stop whining about 499 refugees , it's funny
May 25, 2016 10:35 AM
Jul 2018
gotta love the anti refugee culture on this site /s
499 people is nothing compared to the size of America as a whole
you probably wouldn't even notice if you didn't know, and nothing about these people fleeing their life in a tumultuous nation for a better one in the US affects you whatsoever
May 25, 2016 10:45 AM

Jan 2012
dizzyur said:
gotta love the anti refugee culture on this site /s

they are not anti refugee but rather anti terrorism people in Murica are afraid of terrorism since 9/11and becz of that fear they don't judge right

Thebigofan said:
Only 500? Another countries have taken way more.

lol it seems no one has bothered to check src , but 499 people just this month , the total number is bigger .

May 25, 2016 7:25 PM

Apr 2016
BVerfG said:
Rhaeserys said:

Not sure if......

Are you not aware there are refugees from a majority of African countries being sent all over the world currently, especially to Germany? America has dealt with refugees before, you know, and in 2015 we accepted refugees from the Middle East and Africa. Of course we haven't accepted as many of them as we have for Syrian refugees but they do exist.

If that's not what you are confused about, you are going to have to explain, please.

leonstone said:

what refugees ? you decided to bring people from africa and enslave them lol
and stop whining about 499 refugees , it's funny

You caught me. I'm calling slaves "refugees". /s

You should really learn to google, at the very least. The U.S has engaged in hosting refugees long before this recent conflict, towards refugees from all parts of Africa, and have begun again (largest group so far came from Somalia). Just because we haven't accepted as many of them as we have of Syrians doesn't mean they aren't refugees.

And Jesus Christ...you really need to be kept up to date before you think you can speak. It isn't only 499 refugees we took, that's just how many was accepted recently. Lastly, I also quite clearly stated the problem lies in potentially hosting more than we actually can and that we should be concentrating on helping our own suffering people first.

Please improve your reading comprehension, it is embarrassing.

May 25, 2016 7:41 PM

Jul 2014
Rhaeserys said:
ibear said:

Not from us, because we still need help from us, and no I will not get over it.
May 25, 2016 7:45 PM

Jan 2012
@Rhaeserys lol sry to butt in , u need to re read ur post . Africca is not a country i am sure u have learn't that at least in school.

May 25, 2016 7:57 PM

Apr 2016
AllenVonStein said:
@Rhaeserys lol sry to butt in , u need to re read ur post . Africca is not a country i am sure u have learn't that at least in school.

Oh. Thank you for the explanation. I was using it as a general term then (was in a hurry on my shitteh moto g). I thought it was pretty obvious with how I was wording myself and later posts, but whatever, that minor part of my post doesn't change what I was talking about and I'm sure people without a stick up their backside understood what I was meaning perfectly fine.

Also, I can't take the bolded part seriously at all.

May 25, 2016 8:01 PM

Apr 2016
ibear said:
Rhaeserys said:

Not from us, because we still need help from us, and no I will not get over it.

(I hope I made it clear I was joking. lol)

Countries whine if we stick our nose in other countries' affairs and then bitch even more if we don't bring all of their displacements and problems within our country when we have enough poor and sickly people to care of already. It is a lose lose.

May 25, 2016 8:30 PM

May 2015
THE WORLDWIDE CALIPHATE IS SPREADING! AMERICA WILL BE PART OF ISIS IN LESS THAN 20 YEARS!

PANIC!
May 25, 2016 10:01 PM

Mar 2011
Europe took in more, but if you look at the actual numbers, that was a group (the 500 Syrians for May) out of a larger group of those granted relocation into the US. 500 for just the month of May is good, and could be a larger number in comparison to European countries. The total number of refugees from Syria is closer to 2,540 for this fiscal year.
"In the end the World really doesn't need a Superman. Just a Brave one"
May 26, 2016 4:46 AM

Jul 2015
Rhaeserys said:
You caught me. I'm calling slaves "refugees". /s

You should really learn to google, at the very least. The U.S has engaged in hosting refugees long before this recent conflict, towards refugees from all parts of Africa, and have begun again (largest group so far came from Somalia). Just because we haven't accepted as many of them as we have of Syrians doesn't mean they aren't refugees.

And Jesus Christ...you really need to be kept up to date before you think you can speak. It isn't only 499 refugees we took, that's just how many was accepted recently. Lastly, I also quite clearly stated the problem lies in potentially hosting more than we actually can and that we should be concentrating on helping our own suffering people first.

Please improve your reading comprehension, it is embarrassing.

that's not what I meant , I know you've been taking refugees and stuff , what I'm saying is , that you need to stop forgetting about your history and acting like the only good people inthe world
you all keep acting as if you host niggas and terrorists out of the goodness of your heart and they end ruining your country.

sure you need to help your own people first. but if you can interfere with every single decision in the middle east and other places too , then I'm sure you can take in some refugees too.

fair enough , we both need to improve our reading i guess
May 26, 2016 4:55 AM

May 2014
The US is HUGE , they should be taking in a lot more than this , i'm sure they can handle it.
May 26, 2016 4:56 AM

Jul 2014
Whoa this is a problem, can't take in that many refugees I mean omg 499 refugees now and the slippery slope begins. This is going to have disastrous consequences.
Wecc said:
All hail HaXXspetten king of the loli traps!
May 26, 2016 5:09 AM

Jan 2016
but why admit them? after some hundred of years they finally have their muhammad hell, shouldnt we just let them enjoy it?
May 26, 2016 5:30 AM

Apr 2015
Just looking at the picture I'm pretty sure Murica will not have problems, if they bring their camels.

The Chihuahuan Desert – the largest desert in North America, located in the Southwestern United States and Northern Mexico - (140,000 square miles (360,000 km2))

The Sonoran Desert – a desert located in the Southwestern United States and Northwest Mexico. It is the second largest desert in North America. - (120,000 square miles (310,000 km2))

The Mojave Desert – the hottest desert in North America, located primarily in southeastern California - (22,000 square miles (57,000 km2))

While the land area of Syria is 186,475 km². No problem.
RPSB9May 26, 2016 5:39 AM
#CHEXIT
May 26, 2016 5:40 AM

Jun 2008
ZA_WAYD said:
The US is HUGE , they should be taking in a lot more than this , i'm sure they can handle it.

NO!

YOU take them.

Seriously though....I hope every single one was properly and strictly vetted and will be MONITORED while in the U.S.

ANY criminal activity (no matter how small) should merit IMMEDIATE deportation back to their shithole.

We are NOT Europe we will NOT take bullshit from these people....and unlike Europeans....us Americans are ARMED to the teeth.
May 26, 2016 7:33 AM

Jul 2015
JustALEX said:

YOU take them.

Seriously though....I hope every single one was properly and strictly vetted and will be MONITORED while in the U.S.

ANY criminal activity (no matter how small) should merit IMMEDIATE deportation back to their shithole.

We are NOT Europe we will NOT take bullshit from these people....and unlike Europeans....us Americans are ARMED to the teeth.

just a friendly reminder that you fucked up their shithole
May 26, 2016 7:36 AM
Jul 2018
leonstone said:
JustALEX said:

YOU take them.

Oh yes he totally destroyed their nothing.
May 26, 2016 7:37 AM

Jul 2015
Raimu4 said:
leonstone said:

not you as in him , but the usa , ffs man
nothing you say ? please man read a history book , this is too much lol
May 26, 2016 7:37 AM
Jul 2018
ZA_WAYD said:

I know right? Everyone should take in refugees, sure some of them will blow themselves up in a airport or shoot up a concert or two.
But hey if you ignore all the rapes they arent that bad, there are white criminals too you racist sexist KKK nazi bigots!
May 26, 2016 7:39 AM
Jul 2018
leonstone said:
Raimu4 said:

not you as in him , but the usa , ffs man
nothing you say ? please man read a history book , this is too much lol

Ah so all those places were great empires with amazing technology before the US arrived?
May 26, 2016 7:41 AM

Jul 2015
Raimu4 said:
Ah so all those places were great empires with amazing technology before the US arrived?

um.. ever heard of Iraq ?
May 26, 2016 7:45 AM

Jul 2015

literally these pics show that iraq was better before the us came lol
but seriously though is that your argument ? so if a country doesn't have good technology , then it's okay to destroy it and kill everyone
I swear some of you white people know no shame lol
May 26, 2016 7:50 AM
Jul 2018
leonstone said:

literally these pics show that iraq was better before the us came lol
but seriously though is that your argument ? so if a country doesn't have good technology , then it's okay to destroy it and kill everyone
I swear some of you white people know no shame lol

So you believe the US came there just to kill a bunch of civillians shooting everyone on sight?
'literally these pics show that iraq was better before the us came lol'
Yes all those beautiful buildings and some roads are gone now #neverforget
'I swear some of you white people know no shame' Wow so racist

I still dont see a decent country in any of those pictures though.
May 26, 2016 7:58 AM
Jul 2018
leonstone said:
Raimu4 said:
So you believe the US came there just to kill a bunch of civillians shooting everyone on sight?

nah they went there for oil, and to maintain some control over their puppets
no idea what's your point in rest though
well not as racist as calling people terrorists based on their beliefs i'm sure

Well since 'muslim' isnt a race and 'white' is you are the racist one here.
'nah they went there for oil'
I agree on that.
'no idea what's your point in rest though'
Iraq is a shithole -> Not is is not! -> Ok maybe it is but I don't want to admit it.
May 26, 2016 8:12 AM

Jun 2008
leonstone said:
JustALEX said:

YOU take them.

Oh here we go....BLAME America!

So their religion and culture....we're also to blame for that too, right?
May 26, 2016 9:12 AM

Jan 2012
JustALEX said:
ZA_WAYD said:

NO!

YOU take them.

lol just to remind if u have checked src but this approved by Obama administration so whatever you or he think doesn't matter but that will change by next president probably.

JustALEX said:
us Americans are ARMED to the teeth.

You are taking proud in being armed , heck just last week i have read about school shooting, man for a civilized country in 2016 and still happen pretty shameful lol
the US has already had 294 mass shootings this year thus far and year is not even finished

JustALEX said:

Oh here we go....BLAME America!

So their religion and culture....we're also to blame for that too, right?

it's not about blaming it's about admitting who had wrong , murica have claimed there were mass destruction weapon in iraq and it was lie , a lot of people have died becz of that and Europe have taken lot refuges from there , i will not talk about all countries in eu but in sweden there a lot from of people from Iraq here

even trump has admitted 'we've destabilized the Middle East

and claimed U.S. Intervention Created 'Chaotic' Middle East , so yeah u should take responsibility heck all refuges from Iraq especially should be somewhere in Us actually.

May 26, 2016 11:45 AM

Aug 2012
Lmao, I see the 'freedom fighters' getting some serious butthurt over 500 refugees. I can see that from the way he capitalizes words in every sentence, that makes him look like he suffers from a serious mental disorder.
May 26, 2016 3:14 PM

Apr 2015
DesertWanderer said:
Lmao, I see the 'freedom fighters' getting some serious butthurt over 500 refugees. I can see that from the way he capitalizes words in every sentence, that makes him look like he suffers from a serious mental disorder.

Evident proof that Islamphobia exist.
#CHEXIT
May 27, 2016 10:26 AM

Feb 2005
Well gee, thank you Kang Obongo for taking a whole 500 of these migrant locusts! That sure let up the pressure on our welfare systems.

If the US want to help cleaning up the mess they created, they ought to send troops to reinforce the borders towards Turkey and patrol boats to use all means necessary to force the migrant rats back to their shores.
Jun 1, 2016 1:43 AM

Apr 2016
ZA_WAYD said:

Tell that to the legal citizens who are being ignored right now as our borders are overrun by people who cannot even respect our laws. If another country feels like helping, then they should do it, apparently they are better than us anyway.

The U.S isn't the world's care taker, as much as people want us to be and we shouldn't have to be. Time to stop putting a bandage on the problem and expecting it to heal on its own.

Jun 1, 2016 1:56 AM

Nov 2009
Rhaeserys said:
ZA_WAYD said:

Tell that to the legal citizens who are being ignored right now as our borders are overrun by people who cannot even respect our laws. If another country feels like helping, then they should do it, apparently they are better than us anyway.

The U.S isn't the world's care taker, as much as people want us to be and we shouldn't have to be. Time to stop putting a bandage on the problem and expecting it to heal on its own.
I think what Europeans are pissed about is the fact that much of the Migrant Crisis is a direct result of US intervention in the Middle East . . . Having said that, I agree with not just taking in a gajiliion refugees. Their problem is that their country is at war, therefore the solution should be making their country safe again, not just accepting it as a perma war-zone and evacuating half the population to other countries. A massive influx of people whom are poor is also stereotypically followed by an increase in crime, don't really care what race / religion / nationality / etc. they are, I wouldn't want a large portion of people with very little moving in around where I live. Crime will go up as a result, and that is something I don't want.
Pirating_NinjaJun 1, 2016 2:01 AM
Jun 1, 2016 2:10 AM

Apr 2016
Pirating_Ninja said:
Rhaeserys said:

I think what Europeans are pissed about is the fact that much of the Migrant Crisis is a direct result of US intervention in the Middle East . . . Having said that, I agree with not just taking in a gajiliion refugees. Their problem is that their country is at war, therefore the solution should be making their country safe again, not just accepting it as a perma war-zone and evacuating half the population to other countries. A massive influx of people whom are poor is also stereotypically followed by an increase in crime, don't really care what race / religion / nationality / etc. they are, I wouldn't want a large portion of people with very little moving in around where I live. Crime will go up as a result, and that is something I don't want.

I don't really think our involvement created ISIL, but I think much of what our country has done to "help" has been like throwing fuel into a fire, but I understand what you mean regardless. The solution in Europeans' eyes should not be forcing potentially millions of displaced people into a country that can barely stand or feed its own or the millions of illegal immigrants that have broken their way into the country.

Stereotypical or not, it is the truth and given how the refugee crisis has skyrocketed crime in Germany (for example), I don't want that here. There is enough theft, rape, drugs, murder and the like to deal with.

leonstone said:
Raimu4 said:

nah they went there for oil, and to maintain some control over their puppets
no idea what's your point in rest though
well not as racist as calling people terrorists based on their beliefs i'm sure

RhaeserysJun 1, 2016 2:16 AM

Jun 1, 2016 4:20 AM

Apr 2015
LOL, the butthurt over 499.
#CHEXIT
Jun 1, 2016 4:32 AM

May 2016
Thanks Obama. I hope they don't blow anyone up.
Jun 1, 2016 5:27 AM

Jul 2015
just for the people who still hate refugees , look at how these people are suffering , they literally just want to flee war , nothing else , they don't even have time to rape anyone
Jun 1, 2016 11:05 AM

Oct 2013
Congrats, I guess.

JustALEX said:
ZA_WAYD said:

NO!

YOU take them.

I read that as if you were barking, m8
Jun 1, 2016 1:02 PM

Nov 2009
Rhaeserys said:
Pirating_Ninja said:

I don't really think our involvement created ISIL, but I think much of what our country has done to "help" has been like throwing fuel into a fire, but I understand what you mean regardless. The solution in Europeans' eyes should not be forcing potentially millions of displaced people into a country that can barely stand or feed its own or the millions of illegal immigrants that have broken their way into the country.
Actually, we literally funded the group that later became ISIS as well as trained a ton of people, who, after overthrowing the Iraqi government (thus destabilizing the region and crashing their economy) had no marketable skills other than being a soldier. It is because of the US that ISIS initially had arms, it is because of the US that ISIS members were competent with things like building explosives, it was because of the US that their was a large pool of people that turned to ISIS as a means of employment, it was because of the US that the Iraqi government was incapable of snuffing them out due to being in chaos, and it was further because of the US' support of rebels in the neighboring country of Syria that another country was plunged into chaos thus allowing ISIS to hold territories they would have been unable to have held in an orderly country, as well as allowing an even larger base of people for them to recruit. Islamic extremism is not the US' fault, however ISIS is.

And I misspoke if it sounded like I mean "poverty is just correlated with crime", I am in full agreement that regardless of who they are, poverty will lead to crime therefore accepting a massive amount of people into poverty is going to increase crime and ultimately not help the problem leading to the influx of refugees. What makes it even worse in this instance is that the refugees also come from a completely different culture and don't really speak the language, they are at complete odds with the countries they are escaping to, and can't even find jobs of any kind because they can't even speak the language.
Jun 3, 2016 3:43 AM

Apr 2016
Pirating_Ninja said:
Rhaeserys said:

Actually, we literally funded the group that later became ISIS as well as trained a ton of people, who, after overthrowing the Iraqi government (thus destabilizing the region and crashing their economy) had no marketable skills other than being a soldier. It is because of the US that ISIS initially had arms, it is because of the US that ISIS members were competent with things like building explosives, it was because of the US that their was a large pool of people that turned to ISIS as a means of employment, it was because of the US that the Iraqi government was incapable of snuffing them out due to being in chaos, and it was further because of the US' support of rebels in the neighboring country of Syria that another country was plunged into chaos thus allowing ISIS to hold territories they would have been unable to have held in an orderly country, as well as allowing an even larger base of people for them to recruit. Islamic extremism is not the US' fault, however ISIS is.

And I misspoke if it sounded like I mean "poverty is just correlated with crime", I am in full agreement that regardless of who they are, poverty will lead to crime therefore accepting a massive amount of people into poverty is going to increase crime and ultimately not help the problem leading to the influx of refugees. What makes it even worse in this instance is that the refugees also come from a completely different culture and don't really speak the language, they are at complete odds with the countries they are escaping to, and can't even find jobs of any kind because they can't even speak the language.

I thought we created ISIL out of the Arab Spring and all of the "peaceful" revolutions by arming the rebels who then turned into (even more) violent thugs? Man our leaders have a tendency to back or create terrorist groups. So shameful.

I didn't take it that way. I took it as "poverty often leads to crime" because of the circumstances in which those people live in. Which I wouldn't disagree with at all. Just look at the Ozarks. Not a place you want to live in.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.