Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 24, 2016 12:51 PM

Nov 2015
Hey peeps!

As many people like to do, they hear an OST to an anime and go "That song was awesome and I want to get the whole thing for my mp3 player!" In the past I enjoyed getting the music through a more"shady" means to get the music for free, but always feel a bit guilty afterwards.

Question to you guys is.... Are there any places online similar to an iTunes kind of style where I can buy these songs and support the artists that make this awesome music?
May 24, 2016 1:12 PM

Jan 2010
dragon2man said:

Question to you guys is.... Are there any places online similar to an iTunes kind of style where I can buy these songs and support the artists that make this awesome music?

Sadly, buying OSTs are hard to get. You see accessbility to Japanese stuff is very hard and very complicated and may require some fluency in Japanese if you lived outside of Japan/Asia. Read this article from Answerman. I hope this help.
May 24, 2016 1:59 PM

Nov 2015
Ahhh that makes more sense but a bit of a bummer too. Thanks for the quick input :)
May 24, 2016 2:55 PM

Jul 2012
Some anime osts actually get put onto itunes, if that means anything. You could also just order them physically from Amazon Japan.
May 24, 2016 4:23 PM

Dec 2015
More obscure anime that are not dubbed/localized usually don't go on iTunes and you can only find the illegally (if you're in any other country than Japan) which really sucks.

Maybe buying the actual CD is wiser if you want to support the artists. I can't think of any site off the top of my head that directly supports the artists.
May 24, 2016 6:57 PM

Jan 2010
dragon2man said:
Ahhh that makes more sense but a bit of a bummer too. Thanks for the quick input :)

Glad I could help.

Battlechili said:
Some anime osts actually get put onto itunes, if that means anything. You could also just order them physically from Amazon Japan.

hannyah said:
More obscure anime that are not dubbed/localized usually don't go on iTunes and you can only find the illegally (if you're in any other country than Japan) which really sucks.

Maybe buying the actual CD is wiser if you want to support the artists. I can't think of any site off the top of my head that directly supports the artists.

Yeah it's no wonder no anime OSTs have ever charted on Billboard chart when K-pop are doing this.
May 24, 2016 8:05 PM

Dec 2015
mdo7 said:
dragon2man said:

Glad I could help.

Battlechili said:

hannyah said:

Yeah it's no wonder no anime OSTs have ever charted on Billboard chart when K-pop are doing this.

I know, right? It's a shame to see such talent not get any recognition.
May 25, 2016 6:29 AM

Nov 2015
Indeed, would love to get that new OST from Konomi Suzuki that's played in Re: Zero
May 25, 2016 1:44 PM

Jan 2010
dragon2man said:
Indeed, would love to get that new OST from Konomi Suzuki that's played in Re: Zero

Well i wish you good luck if you can find it and try to bypass all the redtape and complication of acquiring OSTs.
May 30, 2016 2:39 AM

Mar 2012
Just buy the physicals dude, I have a ton of OST and anisong CDs, you can easily get them on Amazon. Some might be rather expensive, but just keep checking on them, EVERYTHING will go down and EVERYTHING will go up at seemingly random and pretty fast so have money ready in advance. You can get stuff dirt cheap on Japanese Amazon too, but shipping is way more, if they even ship out of Japan (most sellers don't)

More topics from this board

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7574 by MalchikRepaid »»
58 minutes ago

» Mal spotify collaborative playlist ( 1 2 )

tsukareru - Jan 6

60 by tsukareru »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Avatar: The Way of Water or Dune: Part Two

AcbSnakeDemon - Apr 20

6 by alex889 »»
Today, 1:16 AM

» What Are Your Thoughts On The Owl House?

Enderobot - Apr 18

6 by Enderobot »»
Yesterday, 9:05 AM

» What's your favorite song?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

10 by not-perfect »»
Yesterday, 2:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.