Forum Settings
Forums

Things that ruin/make better otherwise good/mediocre anime for you

New
May 23, 2016 5:45 PM

Apr 2016
So there's an anime you really like, EXCEPT for something that is not exactly a deal breaker but it makes the anime much worse in your experience. Or there's something really good about an anime you find really bad otherwise.

First list:

FMA: Brotherhood (chibi humor): I would have given this anime a straight 10/10 if it were not for chibi attempts at humor, it makes the show much worse because it is misplaced and it is an otherwise good looking anime.

Death Note (everything past episode 24): Well, this opinion is so popular I don't even have to detail it in any way.

Sasameki Koto (ending): I do not consider this to be a particularly good anime, it was just made much worse by having an obnoxiously shitty ending that does not reward you for sitting through an already questionable anime.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (made me cry): Well, this is obviously a joke, but if you think that anime can't make you cry, just try this shit.

Erased (children): Some of the children are effing geniuses apparently. Their characters do not feel like children (well, obvious for the main character, I am talking about the damsel in distress in particular).

Second list:

Elfen Lied (intro music): Holy damn, this is one of the most beautiful songs I have heard in all of anime. Yes, I do not find the anime particularly good but I will never forget it because of that beautiful song. Also the nudity is really beautifully drawn at times, even if ecchi.

NGE TV Series (animation and "camera" work): Yes, I am one of the people who dislike NGE for typical reasons (even considering X, Y and Z I still can't stand the characters), but animation in general is just awesome, and there are really twisted angles and good shots throughout the series (well, until the guys ran out of budget)

Detroit Metal City (music and absurdity): DMC is a pretty shitty anime in many aspects, but it is so absurd and the music made there is actually kinda good if you like that type of metal.

Junketsu no Maria (fight scenes): According to Skallagrim, this anime has the most realistic fighting scenes found anywhere in media, and not just in anime. Not sure how true that is but damn it really looks good and realistic IMO. I consider the anime pretty meh otherwise.

Sword Art Online (music): I find the show to be effing terrible, but music is godlike (also called the Yuki Kajiura Effect).
FurMetarArkemistMay 23, 2016 5:58 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 23, 2016 5:55 PM

May 2016
Characters I just can't get on with is a huge hang up for me ! I know its entirely subjective, like u mentioned the characters from NGE and how ur not their biggest fan but i love those assholes. Horrible people, but IMO well written characters :)

I had this happen recently with Konosuba. I loved the character designs and the whole premise was very interesting but the characters themselves ! Yikes. I know its kinda meant to be a bit on the nose and riffing on videogames but eeeeeeep no thanks ! terrible time eventually dropped the show such a shame cos i thought it has so much potential as a concept !

On the other hand I immensely enjoyed Shokugei No Soma even though I really dislike ecchi, but found it so funny, both the premise and the characters that I couldn't help but enjoy it ! The same with Shimoneta, another ecchi anime that I found hilarious, even though there were some parts that were a bit too ecchi for me if that makes sense hahaha ! I understand that ecchi is part of the humour but it got a lil graphic in Shimoneta sometimes hahaa. Think I may be just a bit of a prude !
May 23, 2016 6:00 PM

Apr 2016
Speaking of Konosuba, I like the premise, but I cannot stand the terrible loops and recycling as animation goes. Scenes keep getting recycled in the most obvious fashion, and animation tends to loop in a very awkward way way too often. If you are used to bad animation this will not be an issue, but I really like good animation and it is a very important thing to me.
May 23, 2016 6:03 PM

Feb 2013

this swag mofo is the best thing from Rio Rainbow Gate
May 23, 2016 6:06 PM

May 2016
KrauserV said:
Speaking of Konosuba, I like the premise, but I cannot stand the terrible loops and recycling as animation goes. Scenes keep getting recycled in the most obvious fashion, and animation tends to loop in a very awkward way way too often. If you are used to bad animation this will not be an issue, but I really like good animation and it is a very important thing to me.

Haha no I totally understand the need for good animation ! Honestly I never actually noticed ^^' but i think i was more focused on how bummed out the entire thing was making me after the first two episodes haha ! I might even rewatch just to know what I'm looking out for, I think I'm a bit too easily pleased if I like the character design haha !

The recycling of frames really got to me on NGE, even though I 100% agree with ur comments about the cinematography ! Might be because I bingewatched, the scene of nerv hq getting locked down with various different colours over the same shots is forever burned into my mind hahhaa !
May 23, 2016 6:11 PM

Apr 2016
kuro_biker said:
KrauserV said:

Haha no I totally understand the need for good animation ! Honestly I never actually noticed ^^' but i think i was more focused on how bummed out the entire thing was making me after the first two episodes haha ! I might even rewatch just to know what I'm looking out for, I think I'm a bit too easily pleased if I like the character design haha !

The recycling of frames really got to me on NGE, even though I 100% agree with ur comments about the cinematography ! Might be because I bingewatched, the scene of nerv hq getting locked down with various different colours over the same shots is forever burned into my mind hahhaa !

Recycling in NGE was pretty well done, in Konosuba you see exactly same scenes, and the animation gets literally looped all the time, like, the whole scene. And the scenes at the start where they work and aqua pukes rainbows, and they run after the frog or from the frog... Really, you can find the example of what I said in the first few episodes. I just cannot stand such lazy animation design. Fights in NGE are extremely brutal though, I love how they were forced into another time slot due to graphic content.
May 23, 2016 6:15 PM

May 2014
Uh, I guess characters. If an anime have a good plot but boring/unlikeable characters, I would find it hard to watch. Also, I'm glad there's some people here who realized the need of good animation, because sometimes I have that problem too XD

May 23, 2016 6:19 PM

May 2016
@KrauserV omg I'm thinking about it now and I totally remember from the frog episode !!! jeez that is lazy isnt it haha ! what would u use as a good example of animation in ur opinion ?

that fight was so intense !! all those fights were intense haha, some of the best fight choreography ive seen i a show. Again bit of a prude and bit squeemish ahha but when the eva/angel gets its head smashed in by unit 01 and that massive blood splatter goes up the skyscraper i was like damn thats one hell of a shot ! I absolutely loved the gore in NGE totally appropriate and visceral, top notch haha. Obviously not appropriate for the timeslot tho hehehe
May 23, 2016 6:27 PM

Mar 2015
listing every flaws i found for every anime that i don't rate 10? i have no time for that...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
May 23, 2016 6:31 PM

May 2015
Introduction of new characters near the end of the series just to ruin the whole show and what plot it has built up till now - ALDNOAH ZERO.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2016 6:31 PM

Apr 2016
Kuma said:
listing every flaws i found for every anime that i don't rate 10? i have no time for that...

That's going a bit too literal, obviously you only note something you can think off the top of your head.

As for examples of good animation, I'd say One Punch Man, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso has the most amazing micro-animation I've seen in a while (look at those fingers playing the piano, it's ridiculous, but I think it's actually motion capture and cell shaded models).
May 23, 2016 6:34 PM

May 2016
@KrauserV, thanks for the recommendations, been meaning to pick One Punch Man back up and now I have an excuse hehe :3 Thank u !
May 23, 2016 7:09 PM

Jul 2014
Seen a couple a shows that made me feel like i want to drop it and it was because of the lack of impact and some lame comedy ever since whenever i find one of these i find it hard too enjoy ;/
May 23, 2016 7:21 PM

Oct 2014
Shugo Chara! could have been better if the paced the show better and spent more time with Amuto. 102 episodes is more than enough time to fully adapt the manga, but because of the way it was released the manga wasn't finished and a lot of it was filler. It was still a great anime, but they could have done things better.

Oreimo wasn't that great, but I liked the fact the the main girl wears nail polish. Also, pretty much all of the girls in the (tsundere) harem make great waifus. This was also the first anime I watched subbed so my opinion of it was affected by that.
May 23, 2016 8:51 PM

Apr 2016
When an anime starts adding in some brother sister romance hints. I love to love ru but sometimes you get scared as to what is going to happen between Rito and Mikan.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 23, 2016 11:48 PM

May 2016
Audience-pandering loli shit will pretty much guarantee a show's ruin. I was pleasantly surprised how much I didn't hate the first few episodes of K-On, but as soon as Azusa was introduced, the show was over. It was never going to get better.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
May 24, 2016 12:32 AM

Jul 2013
In my opinion:

Things that can ruin a good anime:

-Stupid/unsattisfactory ending: When a series has been relatively good, but the ending is lacking/stupid/forced... then my impression about it will became much worse. I can still like the series, but the damage is done. (Examples: Soul Eater, Claymore).

-Art quality dropping in fight scenes: Especially in action animes, when a supposedly intense fight is happening and the art featured here is horrible, makes me unable to take the fights seriously or enjoy them. (Example: Gangsta).

-Comedy taking itself too seriously: I really dislike when a comedy suddenly has a 180 degree turn and suddenly we have drama scenes coming and ruining the mood of the series. I'm coming here to laugh, not to watch angst. If you are making a comedy, just stick with the funny parts and don't convolute the things more. (Examples: Nourin, Binbougami ga!)

-Pacing problems: Doesn't matter if the pacing is rushed or slow as a snail, I just want consistency. Don't take 2 episodes to having a character charge an attack when you can do that scene in one episode or don't hype something to having it resolved in just one episode. If your pacing is a mess, doesn't matter how good the anime can be, that will worsen my image of it (Examples: One Piece (padding), Nanatsu no Taizai (rused)).

Things that can improve a bad anime:

-Great OST: If your series it's mediocre or just plain bad, but has a good soundtrack, this can make me increase the score a bit, if only one point (Example: Guilty Crown).

-Decent characters in a bad cast: If your cast is awful, but inside it you have a character who I find likeable and/or interesting compared to the rest of the characters, I can enjoy more the series and have at least a good memory of this (Examples: Segai and Ayase from Guilty Crown, Swallow from Chaos Dragon, Onii-sama in Mahouka...)

-Good seiyuu cast: For me, a seiyuu cast is really important, as they are basically the actors who would give life to the characters and can make me have a certain impression of them. If an anime is bad, but has decent or good voice actors under the project, At least I can have the satisfaction of hearing them.

-Pretty artstyle: Like with the good OST section, a good/beautiful artsyle can save an awful anime from the absolute disaster. (Examples, Guilty Crown... again)

-So bad it's good perspective: If you are watching an anime you find bad, just don't take it seriously. A wise man taught me that the best way of watch things you find horrible it's not taking them seriously. Just laugh and think that you are watching a comedy or a parody of something (like I did with Mahouka) and your problem will be solved.

-Waifus/husbandos: At least you have something to rejoice your eyes. (Examples: Any series in the existence).
IllyricusMay 24, 2016 10:10 AM
May 24, 2016 1:03 AM

May 2015
A lot of mediocre anime (Freezing, Haganai, Date A Live II) get extra points for beautiful art. It means a lot.

A great soundtrack may add an extra point. I'm sensitive to music and if it has great bangers it makes it more bearable.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 24, 2016 2:02 AM

Nov 2014
Illyricus said:
In my opinion:

Things that can ruin a good anime:

-Stupid/unsattisfactory ending: When a series has been relatively good, but the ending is lacking/stupid/forced... then my impression about it will became much worse. I can still like the series, but the damage is done. (Examples: Soul Eater, Claymore).

-Art quality dropping in fight scenes: Especially in action animes, when a supposedly intense fight is happening and the art featured here is horrible, makes me unable to take the fights seriously or enjoy them. (Example: Gangsta).

-Comedy taking itself too seriously: I really dislike when a comedy suddenly has a 180 degree turn and suddenly we have drama scenes coming and ruining the mood of the series. I'm coming here to laugh, not to watch angst. If you are making a comedy, just stick with the funny parts and don't convolute the things more. (Examples: Nourin, Binbougami ga!)

-Pacing problems: Doesn't matter if the pacing is rushed or slow as a snail, I just want consistency. Don't take 2 episodes to having a character charge when you can do that in one an attack or don't hype something to having it resolved in just one episode. If your pacing is a mess, doesn't matter how good the anime can be, that will worsen my image of it (Examples: One Piece (padding), Nanatsu no Taizai (rused)).

Things that can improve a bad anime:

-Great OST: If your series it's mediocre or just plain bad, but has a good soundtrack, this can make me increase the score a bit, if only one point (Example: Guilty Crown).

-Decent characters in a bad cast: If your cast is awful, but inside it you have a character who I find likeable and/or interesting compared to the rest of the characters, I can enjoy more the series and have at least a good memory of this (Examples: Segai and Ayase from Guilty Crown, Swallow from Chaos Dragon, Onii-sama in Mahouka...)

-Good seiyuu cast: For me, a seiyuu cast is really important, as they are basically the actors who would give life to the characters and can make me have a certain impression of them. If an anime is bad, but has decent or good voice actors under the project, At least I can have the satisfaction of hearing them.

-Pretty artstyle: Like with the good OST section, a good/beautiful artsyle can save an awful anime from the absolute disaster. (Examples, Guilty Crown... again)

-So bad it's good perspective: If you are watching an anime you find bad, just don't take it seriously. A wise man taught me that the best way of watch things you find horrible it's not taking them seriously. Just laugh and think that you are watching a comedy or a parody of something (like I did with Mahouka) and your problem will be solved.

-Waifus/husbandos: At least you have something to rejoice your eyes. (Examples: Any series in the existence).
I viciously disagree about OST part. No good ost will make me sit through a bad show.

May 24, 2016 2:17 AM

Jul 2015
A good plot and likeable characters is always something that will make me enjoy and watch an anime, so i guess anything that doesn't have these 2 factors will make me dislike/drop an anime
May 24, 2016 2:20 AM

Feb 2013
ExTamplier said:
[I viciously disagree about OST part. No good ost will make me sit through a bad show.

Do you remember watching Shigatsu though?
May 24, 2016 2:21 AM

Apr 2016
IMO,

things that can ruin a good anime :
1. overused jokes (I'm lookin at you, FMAB. you gotta stop with the short ed jokes)
2. ecchi. praise kill la kill however you like, but I won't watch it until i figure out how the fuck does ryuko not suffer from a nip slip already.
3. bad pacing. excuse me, but can that ball reach its goal a bit faster? I ain't getting any younger here.

things that can make bad animes better :
1. OST. the only reason i stuck around akatsuki no yona was because of the epic opening. i had to drag my ass finishing the series when they changed it halfway.
Stranger213May 24, 2016 2:37 AM
May 24, 2016 2:24 AM

Nov 2014
eturnity said:
ExTamplier said:
[I viciously disagree about OST part. No good ost will make me sit through a bad show.

You mean that music that was recorded with a potato, compressed and poorly synchronized in anime? Yes, I do. The audio guy should lose a job.

May 24, 2016 2:31 AM

Feb 2013
ExTamplier said:
eturnity said:

You mean that music that was recorded with a potato, compressed and poorly synchronized in anime? Yes, I do. The audio guy should lose a job.
how did you finish it though? For the cliffhanger/ characters?

I will admit I though the OP was spectacular, with a few good tracks in the anime(which weren't during piano recitals).
May 24, 2016 2:37 AM

May 2016
Maybe it's the 'too much' fan service...
May 24, 2016 2:47 AM

Sep 2015
KrauserV said:
So there's an anime you really like, EXCEPT for something that is not exactly a deal breaker but it makes the anime much worse in your experience. Or there's something really good about an anime you find really bad otherwise.

First list:

FMA: Brotherhood (chibi humor): I would have given this anime a straight 10/10 if it were not for chibi attempts at humor, it makes the show much worse because it is misplaced and it is an otherwise good looking anime.

Death Note (everything past episode 24): Well, this opinion is so popular I don't even have to detail it in any way.

Sasameki Koto (ending): I do not consider this to be a particularly good anime, it was just made much worse by having an obnoxiously shitty ending that does not reward you for sitting through an already questionable anime.

Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (made me cry): Well, this is obviously a joke, but if you think that anime can't make you cry, just try this shit.

Erased (children): Some of the children are effing geniuses apparently. Their characters do not feel like children (well, obvious for the main character, I am talking about the damsel in distress in particular).

Second list:

Elfen Lied (intro music): Holy damn, this is one of the most beautiful songs I have heard in all of anime. Yes, I do not find the anime particularly good but I will never forget it because of that beautiful song. Also the nudity is really beautifully drawn at times, even if ecchi.

NGE TV Series (animation and "camera" work): Yes, I am one of the people who dislike NGE for typical reasons (even considering X, Y and Z I still can't stand the characters), but animation in general is just awesome, and there are really twisted angles and good shots throughout the series (well, until the guys ran out of budget)

Detroit Metal City (music and absurdity): DMC is a pretty shitty anime in many aspects, but it is so absurd and the music made there is actually kinda good if you like that type of metal.

Junketsu no Maria (fight scenes): According to Skallagrim, this anime has the most realistic fighting scenes found anywhere in media, and not just in anime. Not sure how true that is but damn it really looks good and realistic IMO. I consider the anime pretty meh otherwise.

Sword Art Online (music): I find the show to be effing terrible, but music is godlike (also called the Yuki Kajiura Effect).
From what I heard Junketsu no Maria's fight scenes were realistic because it was an accurate portrayal of weapons, armor and fighting styles for that time period.
May 24, 2016 3:10 AM

Oct 2015
A good comfy artstyle and visual direction can make a merely "good" show superb for me. One of the main reasons why Nichijou is 10/10 for me is just because something about it's general atmosphere feels masterfully comforting, and if the show was just entirely reliant on its humour, it would probably be 6/10 material for me.

A good OP and ED can genuinely up the series by a couple of points for me.

On the converse, poor use of CG and settings that feel too formulaic can really take me out of the experience.

As an example, I hate the standard fantasy setting: where there are elves, dwarves, dragons, people running around in armour and stuff. It just feels so played out to me.
May 24, 2016 9:22 AM

Nov 2014
Things that can make a bad anime more enjoyable:

-Lesbians
-Good opening/ending song (I think Kiznaiver's op is the only reason I'm still watching it)

Things that can make a good anime less enjoyable:

-Loud, annoying, bitchy characters
May 24, 2016 9:24 AM

Aug 2015
Kuma said:

Ditto that.. I don't even know where to start..
May 24, 2016 9:27 AM

May 2015
-yaoi
-over big boobs(just stahp)
-rich girls with twin drills that says watakshi
May 24, 2016 9:27 AM

Aug 2015
> What makes a bad anime instantly better for me?
=> Lolis and Cute Girls

>What makes a good anime seen bad to me?
=> Excessive Gore, Mongrels and Onii-sama
May 24, 2016 9:28 AM

Jan 2008
The anime community.

Surprising how much more enjoyable a anime is if you stay off the forums for a entire season.
May 24, 2016 9:53 AM

Jan 2016
If not for its ending, even giving a 1 to School Days would feel wrong.

I would also think more highly of Death Note if not for the last 11 episodes.

So, I guess what makes or breaks a show for me is a satisfying ending.
ethotMay 24, 2016 10:40 AM
May 24, 2016 10:14 AM

Dec 2015
What ruined a good anime:
I might as well name out a few examples from an anime I sadly gave low score to but had very bright potential to get a high score

Grimgar of fantasy and Ash:

Better Worldbuilding - A great way to make a story more compelling and make an audience care for our characters is to give us an idea of where the characters are, especially when the newly initiated world/setting is unknown to the viewer. This comes incredibly crucial in fantasy genres and worldbuilding is more anticipated! If grimgar gave us any cognizance of where our characters were, I would of rated it a 5/10, which in my standards, I find "not bad, but not good either"

TENSION! - I'm sorry, I can't watch or don't usually watch animes with no suspense. You have to make your audience anticipate something. This makes the story more exhilirating. You have to make it worth waiting for something that is soon bound to happen in the anime. If grimgar also added this to the anime BUT creating an objective from the VERY start gradually leading its way through the end, it would of got a 6/10, which I consider decent.

This is not an anime (sad considering the fact that this is purely an anime discussion but oh well).

I personally believe "Ten count", which is a yaoi, could of actually of gotten an 7 if it just protrayed its erotic themes properly. I mean, is it so hard seriously? The amount of time I've seen this in BLs is just fucking sad. They just constantly exoticized yaoi scenes where I wouldn't say it's complete rape, but it was really rape-ish and was very non-consensual.

What makes a bad anime good

Okay, don't be like Vampire holmes, where it had no good merits to itself, it was just downright shit. But I believe Animation and sound can and probably only makes an anime good. If it has outstanding animation and very pragmatic voice acting, OSTs are used rightly and fit the theme of the anime followed by a freaking superb opening & ending, the minimum the anime can get is a 4/10. Hey, at least it has the opportunity to save itself from becoming complete shit.

An anime can also save itself if it has good directing. Also, if the anime has shit characters but likable, that counts as well.
Cinnamon_PrammaMay 24, 2016 10:17 AM
Why yu gettin' cheeky? (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
May 24, 2016 10:25 AM
Jan 2016
Characters are the most important aspect of any anime for me and while I can enjoy anime with somewhat boring characters if there are other aspects like good action and animation, humour or themes I'm not going to enjoy it as much as I could have.
May 24, 2016 10:43 AM

Aug 2014
Paul said:
The anime community.

Surprising how much more enjoyable a anime is if you stay off the forums for a entire season.
Do that for the rest of your chinese cartoon watching career, and you'll be much happier in general.
May 24, 2016 12:29 PM

Apr 2016
I am currently watching Figure 17. The show doesn't seem all that great, but the way character development is displayed and acted through is one of the best I've actually seen especially considering that the same voice actor does both the introvert and extrovert kid.
May 24, 2016 12:32 PM

Nov 2013
Fake deaths played for emotional weight. Do it or don't.

One trope archetype characters that have no depth past being a Tsundere or being Yandere.

Bad endings. If a show derails at the last minute (Clannad Afterstory) it really hurts my opinion on it.

Hype. I find it really hard to like a show when the entire anime community is constantly screaming about how it's the best thing ever made by humans (Angel Beats, Hunter x Hunter, Kill la Kill, Madoka) and then gets super angry when I talk about what I feel are legitimate problems with them.
May 25, 2016 12:52 AM

May 2015
Stranger213 said:
IMO,

1. overused jokes (I'm lookin at you, FMAB. you gotta stop with the short ed jokes)
2. ecchi. praise kill la kill however you like, but I won't watch it until i figure out how the fuck does ryuko not suffer from a nip slip already.
3. bad pacing. excuse me, but can that ball reach its goal a bit faster? I ain't getting any younger here.

1. OST. the only reason i stuck around akatsuki no yona was because of the epic opening. i had to drag my ass finishing the series when they changed it halfway.

Is lack of a nip slip so important? I find that it stops focusing in ecchi a little after 6 episodes. Why does it affect the plot?
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
May 25, 2016 6:14 AM

Apr 2016
TheBrainintheJar said:
Stranger213 said:
IMO,

Is lack of a nip slip so important? I find that it stops focusing in ecchi a little after 6 episodes. Why does it affect the plot?

it doesn't. but i have boundaries over how much ecchi i can take in an anime, and kill la kill just happens to cross it. plot isn't the only thing i consider before saying if this anime is good or not. if you like kill la kill and don't care or even like the fact that it's ecchi, then cool.
Stranger213May 25, 2016 6:21 AM
May 25, 2016 6:18 AM

Apr 2013
When my ship doesn't win or a ship I despise wins..

Man these recent troll LN endings better not effect Oregairu. If Volume 13/14 ends the series and ends with Yukinoshita x Hachiman, I'll set my Oregairu LNs on fire and commit sudoku on twitch live kappa.
May 25, 2016 6:19 AM

Oct 2015
Cliche Harem themes and repetitive arcs
May 25, 2016 6:22 AM

Apr 2016
So I just watched School Days. Anime is garbage as is - but the ending was brilliant, and the more I reflect on the whole series and remember my high school experience, the more I realize why I actually hate the characters so much, because I've lived along people like that.

So I guess I'd add School Days to the list of garbage with redeeming qualities.
May 25, 2016 6:46 AM

Apr 2015
What make a good anime bad? I hate when
-People don't die when they're killed in anime.
-The anime contradicts its own logic
-Characters personality is inconsistent
-Too much black and white morality
-Theres characters like Acyka from NGE
-MC picks up the worst girl (e.g if Hachiman picks Yukino)
-Repetitiveness, Monster of the Week tropes included.
-Slow pacing without the backing of nice atmosphere
-Fast pacing that neglects important aspects of the anime such as characters etc
-Bad animation *cough* MD Geist
-The focusing of just 1 character

What is a redeeming factors of show?
-lolis
-tragedy
-a lot of deaths
-strong characters
-grey vs grey morality
-male characters that know how to treat female properly
-femdom ecchi, way more fappable than vanilla hentai
May 25, 2016 6:57 AM

Jun 2015
zurgboy00 said:
Introduction of new characters near the end of the series just to ruin the whole show and what plot it has built up till now - ALDNOAH ZERO.

Basically this for One Punch Man but it didn't Completely ruin the show it just made it not a perfect 10 show when several new characters were introduced at once.
"I have respect for those who have lived a full life."
- Decim (Death Parade)
"I want to deliver your eulogy."

- Otshepagetse

May 25, 2016 8:31 AM

May 2015
Tshepilepci said:

Basically this for One Punch Man but it didn't Completely ruin the show it just made it not a perfect 10 show when several new characters were introduced at once.

I can take what happened to one punch man and its understandable even If they did that the whole show managed to cope with it. Unlike A/Z the whole thing was just riding on that single plot and then you get this random blonde character who gets introduce in the show a few ep's till it ends. That takes up the spotlight and puts the main characters what the show has built up in the back-burner.
May 25, 2016 9:00 AM

Mar 2016
What makes a bad anime good for me ?
Cute girls lol
Cat girls ( why do you think I'm watching bakemonogatari ? )
Great OST and art
What can make a good anime ruined ?
Fucked up ending
Ending a season with some unanswered questions and not planning to do a sequel
Going original ( akame ga kill )
Repetitiveness
Bad VA choices ( this won't like totally ruin it but will make some characters annoying to listen to )
May 25, 2016 9:04 AM

May 2013
zurgboy00 said:
Tshepilepci said:

I can take what happened to one punch man and its understandable even If they did that the whole show managed to cope with it. Unlike A/Z the whole thing was just riding on that single plot and then you get this random blonde character who gets introduce in the show a few ep's till it ends. That takes up the spotlight and puts the main characters what the show has built up in the back-burner.

Random blonde character taking the spotlight? XD
Pretty much what is gonna happen in S2 of OPM, but for the entire show, not only the ending.
May 25, 2016 9:30 AM

Feb 2014
Excessive, unnecessary exposition that insults the audience's intelligence. Also, when characters start discussing about something that they already know, but do it anyway, solely for the benefit of the audience. Like in the opening scene of Soul Eater.

When characters are treated like plot devices, existing only to further the plot, rather than feel like real people living in the world of the anime who don't just spout cliche lines.

Slow pacing that needlessly drags out scenes just to pad the length of the episodes. I've been watching One Piece and for the most part that is the only problem I have with the show, and apparently it only gets worse after the time skip.
May 25, 2016 11:14 AM

Jul 2015
in the last episode every character get brutally killed no revive no back in time
that will make the anime worth watching even if is shit :)
ruin anime for me : euh .. Clannad after story ending pissed me off , is this really supposed to be a ending for a sad show xD
comedy also can ruin easily a serious anime for me (Fmab for example)
tragedydesuMay 25, 2016 11:29 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» which antagonist is your fave and which one you cannot JUST TAKE SERIOUSLY ?

ame - 6 hours ago

12 by Ratris_Decision »»
5 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

89 by RobertBobert »»
5 minutes ago

» what's the worst anime you've watched and what exactly was the worst part of it ? ( 1 2 )

ame - Apr 7

65 by Ratris_Decision »»
10 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9069 by anime-prime »»
14 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

19 by Zarutaku »»
15 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.