Forum Settings
Forums

US veteran seeks asylum for Iraqi man who saved his life.

New
May 23, 2016 4:36 PM

Jan 2012
LOS ANGELES (AP) — After three military combat tours in war-torn Iraq, Chase Millsap returned home to get on with a civilian life. But there was one thing he couldn't do: leave a comrade behind, certainly not one who had saved his life.

Especially not the former Iraqi military officer who had worked with the Americans and was now living a precarious existence as a refugee dodging Islamic State militants seeking to kill him.

For the past two years, Millsap has been fighting a different kind of battle, one to gain asylum for the brother in arms he simply calls The Captain.

"If I go back, I'm sure I die," the 37-old Muslim and married father of two said recently during an interview over Skype. He agreed to speak, but, fearing for his safety, only wanted to be identified by his former rank.

As he spoke, his 3-year-old daughter and 4-year-old son played in the family's living room.

Src
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
lol this comment " We will leave him and import thousands of Syrians. IT's the Obama way."

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
May 23, 2016 5:18 PM

Apr 2015
I hope Anti-Islamists will not make his life miserable in Murica. You know, Trumple him just because he's Muslim...
#CHEXIT
May 23, 2016 5:28 PM

Jul 2015
>veteran
>family man w/ 2 kids
>against ISIS
>literate enough to use a computer and communicate over skype
>ran towards sniper fire, saving the american marine's life

He's more than earned his stay in the civilized world should he be accepted into the states
May 23, 2016 6:03 PM

Mar 2008
I think that would be a good qualification for citizenship.
May 23, 2016 6:12 PM
Jul 2018
Salvatia said:
>veteran
>family man w/ 2 kids
>against ISIS
>literate enough to use a computer and communicate over skype
>ran towards sniper fire, saving the american marine's life

He's more than earned his stay in the civilized world should he be accepted into the states

>great mustache also

O/T yes let him and his family into the states (not California)
removed-userMay 23, 2016 6:17 PM
May 23, 2016 6:21 PM

Jul 2014
If everything checks out that man has more than earned a Medal of Honor and a hero's welcome.
May 23, 2016 10:20 PM

Nov 2009
Rofl . . . Implying people who risk their necks for the good of America are actually rewarded for it. You know that during the Iraq war we used iraqi civilians as translators right? Promising them citizenship in return for their aid . . . Yeah what we forgot to mention was that this would be given to them after getting hundreds of forms filled out over the span of 3-5 years.

If they were able to make it to the US, they were lucky, if they never had the ear of their decapitated family sent to them, they were even luckier.

One of the reasons our knowledge of what is going on on the ground in most Middle Eastern countries is so shitty is because the locals know that their is absolutely no benefit in helping us. We reward them by grabbing some white and red paint, painting a target on their forehead, and let our "enemies" do the rest.
May 25, 2016 1:17 AM

Apr 2016
I say vet him and let him in. A good soul shouldn't waste away in Iraq.

"Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time."
May 25, 2016 1:31 AM
Oct 2010
Pirating_Ninja said:
Rofl . . . Implying people who risk their necks for the good of America are actually rewarded for it. You know that during the Iraq war we used iraqi civilians as translators right? Promising them citizenship in return for their aid . . . Yeah what we forgot to mention was that this would be given to them after getting hundreds of forms filled out over the span of 3-5 years.

We only promised in their terms; as far as convoluted US law was concerned, we barely gave them a chance at US residency. I cannot even begin to describe the disgrace.

Pirating_Ninja said:

If they were able to make it to the US, they were lucky, if they never had the ear of their decapitated family sent to them, they were even luckier.

One of the reasons our knowledge of what is going on on the ground in most Middle Eastern countries is so shitty is because the locals know that their is absolutely no benefit in helping us. We reward them by grabbing some white and red paint, painting a target on their forehead, and let our "enemies" do the rest.

I am not sure of your use of "we". The most frightening part is that there is no "we" in this situation. The majority of US citizens did not legitimize this attitude. The presidencies that have come and gone since then have equivocated to a degree of total irresponsibility, even though they were legally the responsible entities as heads of the executive branch and chiefs-in-command of military forces.

In fact, the quoted post clearly separates the public understanding of "we" as represented in our Republic Federal Government and the actual "we" involved in the hostilities mentioned.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.